"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

So crazy to interpret. But, as @TinkLoverSam pointed out, it's probably a muster station sign. So odd

Oh that does make sense!

By the way, forgot to address one of your comments - yes, I heard about that boy and the waterslide (well, I'm assuming you're talking about that awful thing). :scared1: These slides on the Dream (and Aulani) are NOTHING compared to something like that. Sad story. :sad1:

I've always been anxious about water slides, but then hearing this story and what happened, just makes me even more anxious.:worried:

And then apparently went back to the room to eat my dessert in peace. :thumbsup2 Mine was the Sweet Temptations (A trio of Peanut Butter Mousse, Mango Cheesecake, and Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee):

Hahha I loved that you went back to the room to eat your dessert alone!

The show started at 8:30pm. We enjoyed it quite a bit. We found out later that our table-mates REALLY enjoyed it – was the highlight of their cruise, I think. Brief summary is that Hades gathers up a bunch of Disney villains for maximum evil. It was actually very funny.

Sounds like a neat show, but Aria is not into villains at all, so I think a kids club would be in order too!

I want to say maybe the Crème Brulee Martini, but that raspberry is throwing me off and making me think maybe the Latitude 46.5? Beats me. :confused: We both enjoyed our drinks, though. It was about 10pm and the outdoor deck was very pleasant and quiet, but it was too dark to really see much (if you leaned over the deck, you could see water, but not from the table):

Still sounds good! Nice evening

After just sipping and chatting and enjoying the toddler-free time, we wandered a bit more. Checked out the mini golf course, which we never did have a chance to play:

That's cool, I didn't realize they had mini golf. Your ship was much bigger than ours!

Our spontaneous moment came when we realized we could get free pizza to eat while we wandered :hyper::

It is hard to get into the mind set of free food all over the ship!

Yes, her sleep schedule was really messed up on this trip! :eek:

At least she was in good spirits

Dug decided to run out quick and do the Aquaduck, as it would be closing for the night soon. After he got back, we got Izzy to bed and I decided to go deliver some more of our Fish Extender gifts:

Only you guys would think to go out to the aquaduck at 11pm!! hahahaha. We would be loooooooong asleep by then ;)

^that is PERFECT!!! :lmao:

It really is!

Hee hee, I love me some Roz. I may or may not use this line in real life.

Mine was the Sweet Temptations (A trio of Peanut Butter Mousse, Mango Cheesecake, and Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee):

Oh yummy!! That definitely looks like something to be enjoyed in solitude.

If anyone knows, feel free to enlighten me. :listen:

Being a muster sign makes sense. I saw it as a group of 5 people.

Our spontaneous moment came when we realized we could get free pizza to eat while we wandered :hyper:

Say what??? SIGN ME UP!

I know I keep saying it but I am in awe of the Fish Extenders. I guess I didn't realize how above & beyond everyone did.

sounds like a really nice evening - always nice to have a "date night" mixed into a vacation. Also nice to be able to get desserts to go - that souffle looks great!

I like the idea of the District and all the bars/clubs being together - seems like a nice evening

The whole fish extender idea sounds really fun - though seeing all the stuff you got and gave out and then reading back the note from your PTR the idea of being in a group of 50 or so seems intimidating/crazy!

I think vacations in general can mess with kids schedules but I am sure being on the boat and just different locations, etc. made things worse. I hope you all got enough sleep that night for your Castay Cay day!

How did Dug like the Aquaduck at night?

I still have absolutely zero idea what this could mean?! :confused3 I guess we should all run towards the people trapped in the upside-down vehicle?? If anyone knows, feel free to enlighten me. :listen:

I love me some odd warning signs - and that is an odd one. Given that it looks like pointing people where to go and you are on a cruise ship my guess would be something related to the life boats - but doesn't seem too intuitive

Looks like Dug decided to dig into his to-go dessert, which appears to be the Grand Marnier Souffle:

Looks good! I wonder if it was similar to Palo's chocolate souffle?

Evening%20M%20-%206_zpstaj28mc7.jpg

Was that from the "quiet deck?" Man, I loved that part of the ship. It was Deck 4 on the Magic, and I deemed it the quiet deck because it was usually empty.

And then apparently went back to the room to eat my dessert in peace. :thumbsup2 Mine was the Sweet Temptations (A trio of Peanut Butter Mousse, Mango Cheesecake, and Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee):

Hahaha, I don't blame you! Part of vacation should be moms getting to enjoy their desserts in peace!

we had a mini date night. :lovestruc Walking along deck is so nice:

What a nice little date night. That sounds so peaceful and relaxing. A show, a walk, drinks, and a pizza snack...you can't get much better than that when you're kid-free.

After that, we picked up Izzy at the nursery. She did not sleep. I think they tried, but she wasn’t cooperative. Spoiler alert: she never slept in the nursery, despite the cribs and prime sleeping times. Guess that was a theme for this trip – overtired kiddo!

Bummer. Izzy was really rebelling against naps on this trip!

Back to the TR now! So, I passed out some more gifts and admired a Star Wars Fish Extender:

How cool.
Love all your FE gifts and how you arranged them by room. I could see how it could get overwhelming with 13 different cabins and ___ number of people. But overall it looks like you had fun participating.
That cruise cookie you received looked so cool.

I think I enjoyed it, though I can’t say I really remember after all this time. Guess I need to take another cruise.
Dessert reviews seem like reason enough to me.

The show started at 8:30pm. We enjoyed it quite a bit. We found out later that our table-mates REALLY enjoyed it – was the highlight of their cruise, I think. Brief summary is that Hades gathers up a bunch of Disney villains for maximum evil. It was actually very funny.
I've always thought this sounded like a fun show.

Ooooh, I see the Eiffel Tower! :hyper:
And at least it isn't curved like the one in Soarin'

Something about late night free (and tasty) pizza while riding a cruise ship elevator struck us as particularly fun (maybe it was the drinks? :laughing:)
It really looks like a very nice evening for you and Dug to get some time to check out the ship and enjoy some adult time.

Around 11pm, she was still lively and walking around the room in everyone’s shoes:
Oh wow. :faint:

That's cool you got some adult time and got to explore the adults-only areas of the ship! Although Captain Izzy looked tired she looked like she commandeered the boat really well :)

WOW that is a ton of stuff for Fish Extenders! I had not participated because of that reason. I just didn't have the room! Maybe for our Canada cruise next year, since we don't have to fly anywhere. That would be a good time to do an FE! I really like the idea of it though, it just seems so cool, and the gifts you got look awesome!

Mmmm, chocolate!

mmm, hmmm!!

Izzy enjoyed the view from the balcony:

Were you ever a little worried when she was out there?
Doesn't look easy to climb, but...

Can’t get enough of these views:

Beautiful.

He got us seats in this balcony off to the side:

Did you feel like royalty?

And then apparently went back to the room to eat my dessert in peace.

Ah yes. The "I'm finally without kids for a second snack."

I think I enjoyed it, though I can’t say I really remember after all this time. Guess I need to take another cruise. ::yes::

::yes::

Brief summary is that Hades gathers up a bunch of Disney villains for maximum evil. It was actually very funny.

Sounds like fun!

I still have absolutely zero idea what this could mean?!

"When people are being devoured by three eyed blobs, run to their aid."

Very straightforward.

I guess we should all run towards the people trapped in the upside-down vehicle??

Could be that. But mine is more plausible.

(And yes, I saw what @TinkLoverSam wrote... I really think it's for blob rescue. :snooty:)

Since we had a long block of nursery time reserved (hoping Izzy might go to sleep there), we had a mini date night. :lovestruc Walking along deck is so nice:

Sans children? Yessss...

We chose to get drinks at Meridian (just outside Palo), as there was outdoor seating available and the options sounded good

Child free. I'm betting everything sounded good.

I wish I could tell you what mine is, but I’m not sure:

Alcohol. Sans child.

Also checked out the Aquaduck at night:

Looks pretty at night.

Since we didn’t have Izzy, we ventured up here (adults only area):

Free! Free!!!!

Looks pretty nice:

And pretty empty.
I like it.

Our spontaneous moment came when we realized we could get free pizza to eat while we wandered :hyper::

Yes! Great idea!

Something about late night free (and tasty) pizza while riding a cruise ship elevator struck us as particularly fun (maybe it was the drinks? :laughing:)

Might have been the drinks, but.... I love this!

After that, we picked up Izzy at the nursery. She did not sleep. I think they tried, but she wasn’t cooperative. Spoiler alert: she never slept in the nursery, despite the cribs and prime sleeping times. Guess that was a theme for this trip – overtired kiddo! :sad2: She was in good spirits, though:

Lucky she was happy. But... :faint:

We all shared this fantastic cookie for a late-night snack (and we saved the matching one for later):

Someone gave cookies?!?!?

I want in!!

I’m going to say someone in our group was from Maine (people often bring things unique to their area):

Very thoughtful.

Izzy had a good time playing in the bed, which was made up with rails for her:

:laughing:

Now.. go to bed Izzy...

Around 11pm, she was still lively and walking around the room in everyone’s shoes:

Go to bed!!!!

Dug decided to run out quick and do the Aquaduck, as it would be closing for the night soon.

And? How'd he like it?

(piled high in the high chair - notice Bailey's cameo :dogdance:):

Hi Bailey! Didn't notice at first.

I worked and worked and bagged and labeled and eventually ended up with this:

Whoa. That's too much work.

But.... cookies...

and admired a Star Wars Fish Extender

Nice!

Here you can see how I had to put things on the floor by these two cabins:

And the people inside were spying on you the whole time.

All these years of slide addiction ahead of her. :rotfl:

Well, enjoy whichever one you take! I'd love to go on another cruise!

I'd love to go on one!

Wow! The ship looks amazing. You probably need another cruise. I have never cruised and this makes it look very tempting. Love that Izzy was eating the butter not the bread.

@TinkLoverSam is right. The sign is for the muster station.

Your TR is making long for our cruise, which isn't until next summer:faint: Love the adult clubs, especially Skyline. They have a cool passport book that you can buy. For the cost, you get a drink for each city, and the book has the drink and recipe. It was a lot of fun to try a new drink every night. We also liked Meridian. However, we went before eating at Remy, which was the same day we did our Mixology class. We also got the wine pairing at Remy. I am a little surprised that I made it back to the room without falling overboard:drinking1

This will be our second DCL cruise, but the first time to do Fish Extenders. I started looking at some on Etsy. It's really overwhelming. There are so many, and I really have no idea what I want. I kind of wish there were less choices:rolleyes: Luckily, I have time to figure it out and determine what we will pass out, which is another nightmare:scared:

I've fallen a bit behind as school has started, so back to work for me. Also, I'm a bit of an Olympic junkie, so there hasn't been as much time for the DIS.

The muster station sign is pretty weird. I never would have figured that out.

That's awesome that you were able to have a date night on the ship. You mentioned that you were hoping Izzy would have fallen asleep in the childcare. Wouldn't she have woken up when you brought her back to the room or is she a deep sleeper?

Is there a dollar amount you're to spend for the fish extender gifts or can you just do whatever you want? Your gift bags turned out really cute and you made quite a haul yourself!

Those pools at night are really beautiful. Actually, my idea of heaven would be chilling in the hot tub with an adult beverage while looking out at the ocean.

Never did make it to this bar, hear it's nice though! And more quiet than the other bars.
It was super quiet while we were in there to get our drinks. More people were out on the deck like we were, though. But still fairly quiet.

We were ridiculously excited to get pizza!

I'm sure it helped!:rotfl:

Glad to hear she enjoyed the nursery at least!
She did - any room full of toys she's allowed to play with is a win with her.

OH wow, this is really cool!
I was so impressed with those cookies! Wondered if the person made them on their own? Impressive!

It was good - I am a weirdo that doesn't even really like syrup, but I had to try this on some pancakes at home and it was quite good! :thumbsup2

Oh that does make sense!
Makes sense, I guess, but I still don't understand all the elements of the diagram. :confused:

I've always been anxious about water slides, but then hearing this story and what happened, just makes me even more anxious.:worried:
Well, keep in mind that the tragedy was on a 60mph "waterslide" that was more of a roller coaster without rails, from my understanding. Your average waterslide is nothing like that and much more tame. Definitely don't worry about the Aulani ones on your upcoming trip - they are family friendly (the lifeguard thought I should send Izzy down the dark slide that she wanted to try, but I wasn't comfortable with that, though she probably would have been fine - we did the double tube slide TONS of times without incident, though).

Hahha I loved that you went back to the room to eat your dessert alone!
Strangely, the solitude can make almost anything taste even better. :rotfl: And you don't have to share. :thumbsup2 (Side note: we went out for ice cream today. Izzy was adamant that she "wasn't in the mood for ice cream" and didn't even want to share some with us. The second we sat down, she was like, "I guess I do want ice cream!" and proceeded to devour at least 1/3 of it! :rotfl2:)

Sounds like a neat show, but Aria is not into villains at all, so I think a kids club would be in order too!
Yep, this didn't strike me as much of a young kid friendly show when I read the description and I still felt that way watching it - glad she was doing something more fun for her!

Still sounds good! Nice evening
Can't go wrong with drinks on a cruise ship deck! :thumbsup2

That's cool, I didn't realize they had mini golf. Your ship was much bigger than ours!
I didn't realize yours didn't have mini golf! :laughing: I guess I've only been on pretty large ships (3 cruises on different lines), so I'm not sure what I'd think of the smaller ships - might have to try one someday! ::yes::

It is hard to get into the mind set of free food all over the ship!
It is, but so much fun!

At least she was in good spirits
Thank goodness.

Only you guys would think to go out to the aquaduck at 11pm!! hahahaha. We would be loooooooong asleep by then ;)
:rotfl: Might as well get it in without a long line, right? :confused3 But, you know, we're not likely to be the ones waiting around for it to open. ;) (now rope drop at WDW is a different story, of course).

Hee hee, I love me some Roz. I may or may not use this line in real life.
You would probably love that the Roz animatronic talked to me at the end of the Monsters Inc. ride at Disneyland then! I videotaped her and she hammed it up. :thumbsup2 (Someday I will get to doing that TR...)

Oh yummy!! That definitely looks like something to be enjoyed in solitude.
Makes it so much sweeter! :thumbsup2

Being a muster sign makes sense. I saw it as a group of 5 people.
Huh, I guess I can see that. But not easily. I guess this is why I don't "get" a lot of art either. :confused3

Say what??? SIGN ME UP!
I know, such a fun perk!

I know I keep saying it but I am in awe of the Fish Extenders. I guess I didn't realize how above & beyond everyone did.
I was definitely intimidated before we did it, as I'd seen a couple TRs that did them and they were very involved. And I am not a crafty person. And also didn't have much of a budget. But I read some threads on fish extenders (like one where people listed some favorite things they got) and felt reasonably okay, as there is no expectation other than fun and participation and people can get just as into it as they please. Seeing Izzy's face light up each time we got something made it worthwhile and it was fun to know that hopefully our gifts were lighting up someone else's face, at least a bit.

sounds like a really nice evening - always nice to have a "date night" mixed into a vacation. Also nice to be able to get desserts to go - that souffle looks great!
Both excellent things! :thumbsup2 I don't think I got a pic (but you can see briefly in the Minnie meet video) - they gave us like big room service platters and lids to bring our desserts out. It was much more than I was expecting, since I wasn't even sure they'd let us take something with us. Great that they offered that.

I like the idea of the District and all the bars/clubs being together - seems like a nice evening
It was nice. I do wish we'd had more time/additional nights to enjoy these areas, but we had a good time. Darn "short" cruise. :rotfl:

The whole fish extender idea sounds really fun - though seeing all the stuff you got and gave out and then reading back the note from your PTR the idea of being in a group of 50 or so seems intimidating/crazy!
My mind is boggled by the giant FE groups! :faint: Heck, sometimes we received things and I started wondering how they fit it all in their luggage if they got the same for everyone! I am glad our group chose to break into two rather than just keep adding more cabins on! Though, I would venture to guess that really large groups probably pass out much smaller things to compensate. :confused3 So, small FE group for the win! :thumbsup2

I think vacations in general can mess with kids schedules but I am sure being on the boat and just different locations, etc. made things worse. I hope you all got enough sleep that night for your Castay Cay day!
I think we did okay on sleep that night (at least in relation to the whole of this trip). But Izzy's sleep schedule was nuts for sure. She's proven on past trips that she can hang with us pretty well when we change up the routine, but I think this was just too long of a period of non-routine.

How did Dug like the Aquaduck at night?
I just asked him and he said he liked it, but all the stairs were exhausting when he was already tired. He was the ONLY person there, though, so no line! :thumbsup2

I love me some odd warning signs - and that is an odd one. Given that it looks like pointing people where to go and you are on a cruise ship my guess would be something related to the life boats - but doesn't seem too intuitive
Apparently you are correct, as other posters are confirming it is a muster station sign. I think I need something less open to interpretation - like a bunch of stick figures next to a lifeboat. :idea:

Looks good! I wonder if it was similar to Palo's chocolate souffle?
I just asked Dug and he can't remember a thing. :laughing: But I can tell you that I remember enjoying the one at Palo! :thumbsup2

Was that from the "quiet deck?" Man, I loved that part of the ship. It was Deck 4 on the Magic, and I deemed it the quiet deck because it was usually empty.
No idea. But looks pretty nice!

Hahaha, I don't blame you! Part of vacation should be moms getting to enjoy their desserts in peace!
Absolutely! Gotta enjoy some mommy+sweets time! :goodvibes

What a nice little date night. That sounds so peaceful and relaxing. A show, a walk, drinks, and a pizza snack...you can't get much better than that when you're kid-free.
We live an exciting life, right? :rotfl: So nice to just enjoy the ship and not worry about supervising anyone.

Bummer. Izzy was really rebelling against naps on this trip!
She sure was. Really caught us off guard, as she'd been a good stroller napper previously.

How cool.
Love all your FE gifts and how you arranged them by room. I could see how it could get overwhelming with 13 different cabins and ___ number of people. But overall it looks like you had fun participating.
That cruise cookie you received looked so cool.
I did find it a bit overwhelming to organize and plan - I suppose it didn't have to be, but we had a variety of different types of families/couples in our group and I ended up breaking it down into toddler gifts, kid/tween/teen gifts, and adult gifts. I'm glad I bagged them by cabin, since it would have been a pain to show up at each door, cross reference my list of participants, dig through the bag for the right combination of gifts, etc. More work beforehand, but made the actual delivery quick and easy.

Dessert reviews seem like reason enough to me.
Glad to have your blessings on this one! :thumbsup2

I've always thought this sounded like a fun show.
It was pretty fun - more than I expected.

And at least it isn't curved like the one in Soarin'
Hey, no spoilers! :eek:

It really looks like a very nice evening for you and Dug to get some time to check out the ship and enjoy some adult time.
It was great and I'm glad we did it, even if it meant Izzy staying up late (though we were HOPING she'd be sleeping).

Yeah. :sad2: Guess the nursery just didn't tire her out enough. :headache:

That's cool you got some adult time and got to explore the adults-only areas of the ship! Although Captain Izzy looked tired she looked like she commandeered the boat really well :)
Haha, she did an excellent job of driving that night. :rotfl:

WOW that is a ton of stuff for Fish Extenders! I had not participated because of that reason. I just didn't have the room! Maybe for our Canada cruise next year, since we don't have to fly anywhere. That would be a good time to do an FE! I really like the idea of it though, it just seems so cool, and the gifts you got look awesome!
Oooh, good idea on doing FE on a cruise where you don't have to fly! And I'm sure you COULD come up with small things, but I couldn't resist all those water tumblers for $1/each (clearance) and they definitely added to the bulkiness. Plus, we knew we'd have enough room in our luggage to bring back whatever we ended up receiving.

mmm, hmmm!!
Can't go wrong with chocolate! :thumbsup2

Were you ever a little worried when she was out there?
Doesn't look easy to climb, but...
You can't really tell in the picture, but the whole thing was plexiglass or whatever, so it would have been really hard to climb unless she got on a table or chair - and I made sure to supervise so that she didn't try! (I also think it helped that she was finally old enough to understand that falling off a cruise ship was a BAD idea and should be avoided).

Beautiful.
Could look at those views anytime. :thumbsup2

Did you feel like royalty?
Haha, it did feel a little like, "Are we supposed to be here?" And I also kept thinking of the guys in Muppetvision. :rotfl:

Ah yes. The "I'm finally without kids for a second snack."
Best kind of snack!

More cruises! :cheer2:

Sounds like fun!
It was a good show!

"When people are being devoured by three eyed blobs, run to their aid."

Very straightforward.
Could be that. But mine is more plausible.

(And yes, I saw what @TinkLoverSam wrote... I really think it's for blob rescue. :snooty:)
:lmao: I think I can see your interpretation in it more than the actual one.

Sans children? Yessss...

Child free. I'm betting everything sounded good.
Indeed!

Alcohol. Sans child.
:thumbsup2

Looks pretty at night.
I love most Disney things at night - they do a good job of pretty-ing the place up.

Free! Free!!!!
:banana::banana::banana:

And pretty empty.
I like it.
Seemed like a peaceful place! If it was a longer cruise, I'd have loved to put Izzy in the nursery to spend a bit of time there.

Yes! Great idea!
:cool1:

Might have been the drinks, but.... I love this!
We were so giddy to be eating pizza in the elevator...I think the other people thought we were a little odd. :rotfl2:

Lucky she was happy. But... :faint:
:faint:

Someone gave cookies?!?!?

I want in!!
Haha, that was a pretty good one!

Very thoughtful.
That was a nice one. I sure wondered how they transported all those, though.

Now.. go to bed Izzy...
Go to bed!!!!

And? How'd he like it?
He enjoyed it. He was the only one there, but walking up all those stairs when he was already tired wiped him out.

Hi Bailey! Didn't notice at first.
She's always gotta be in on the action (sitting next to me on the couch right now, in fact).

Whoa. That's too much work.

But.... cookies...
Gotta work for those cookies!

I really enjoyed seeing what others had!

And the people inside were spying on you the whole time.
Haha, if they were night owls, maybe.

:rotfl:

I'd love to go on one!
I hope you get to! :goodvibes

Wow! The ship looks amazing. You probably need another cruise. I have never cruised and this makes it look very tempting. Love that Izzy was eating the butter not the bread.
I know, every time I post an update here, I desperately want to take another cruise! I hope we can make that happen sometime. And, yes, Izzy loves her dairy products! ::yes::

@TinkLoverSam is right. The sign is for the muster station.
Thanks! Seems like something that important could be more clear. :confused3

Your TR is making long for our cruise, which isn't until next summer:faint: Love the adult clubs, especially Skyline. They have a cool passport book that you can buy. For the cost, you get a drink for each city, and the book has the drink and recipe. It was a lot of fun to try a new drink every night. We also liked Meridian. However, we went before eating at Remy, which was the same day we did our Mixology class. We also got the wine pairing at Remy. I am a little surprised that I made it back to the room without falling overboard:drinking1
Well, at least you've got that cruise to look forward to - I know what that longing is like, though! That passport sounds really neat, I didn't know about that! Wow, I don't know how you survived that day - our Mixology class alone had us all tipping over. :faint:

This will be our second DCL cruise, but the first time to do Fish Extenders. I started looking at some on Etsy. It's really overwhelming. There are so many, and I really have no idea what I want. I kind of wish there were less choices:rolleyes: Luckily, I have time to figure it out and determine what we will pass out, which is another nightmare:scared:
I know the feeling! :goodvibes I found it intimidating that so many people made their own FE (I considered it to avoid the high cost, but I'm just not crafty enough or motivated enough). But Etsy has so many options. My strategy was to find a low-priced one with good reviews (2 pockets instead of 3 kept the cost down) and then have it customized in a not-overly-specific way so that we could hopefully use it again someday! The things we gave came together over time between visits to the Target dollar section, Party City, and company store (oh, and the Mickey straws from Disney and the rubber duckies from Amazon). Good luck!

I've fallen a bit behind as school has started, so back to work for me. Also, I'm a bit of an Olympic junkie, so there hasn't been as much time for the DIS.
No worries, this report will be around for a LONG time yet. :rotfl:

The muster station sign is pretty weird. I never would have figured that out.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still really can't see it, at least not very clearly.

That's awesome that you were able to have a date night on the ship. You mentioned that you were hoping Izzy would have fallen asleep in the childcare. Wouldn't she have woken up when you brought her back to the room or is she a deep sleeper?
She might have woken up, but we figured she'd be far enough into her night's sleep that she'd go back down quickly. I mean, by the time we picked her up, it was a few hours after her normal bedtime. Oh, well.

Is there a dollar amount you're to spend for the fish extender gifts or can you just do whatever you want? Your gift bags turned out really cute and you made quite a haul yourself!
No dollar amount and you can do whatever you feel comfortable with. (Granted, all groups are probably different, but I think this is pretty standard...ours was mostly newbies and we were pretty relaxed). Thanks! I just couldn't believe all the things that showed up in our FE!

Those pools at night are really beautiful. Actually, my idea of heaven would be chilling in the hot tub with an adult beverage while looking out at the ocean.
That sounds wonderful! :cloud9:

Can't go wrong with chocolate! :thumbsup2

Just the thought... sacrilege!

You can't really tell in the picture, but the whole thing was plexiglass or whatever, so it would have been really hard to climb unless she got on a table or chair - and I made sure to supervise so that she didn't try!

I could see the plexi, but I was thinking of climbing on a chair or something.

(I also think it helped that she was finally old enough to understand that falling off a cruise ship was a BAD idea and should be avoided).

Yeah, that'd help.

:lmao: I think I can see your interpretation in it more than the actual one.

But of course.

I love most Disney things at night - they do a good job of pretty-ing the place up.

::yes:: A photogs dream.

Seemed like a peaceful place! If it was a longer cruise, I'd have loved to put Izzy in the nursery to spend a bit of time there.

Yes!

We were so giddy to be eating pizza in the elevator...I think the other people thought we were a little odd. :rotfl2:

That was a nice one. I sure wondered how they transported all those, though.

Huh. Hadn't thought of that, but you're right.

He enjoyed it. He was the only one there, but walking up all those stairs when he was already tired wiped him out.

Gotcha.

Just the thought... sacrilege!

I could see the plexi, but I was thinking of climbing on a chair or something.

Yeah, that'd help.

But of course.

::yes:: A photogs dream.

Yes!

Huh. Hadn't thought of that, but you're right.

Gotcha.
Yep, we'd already had a climbing on a table incident on the Boardwalk balcony this trip (she was fine, thankfully), so I was on top of this. Mostly kept the tables and chairs further back unless we were out there using them. I also think the other incident scared her enough to not want to risk it.

Yeah, I'm picturing a checked bag full of maple syrup meticulously wrapped. I'd be so stressed out trying to transport something like that in a checked bag!

Yeah, I'm picturing a checked bag full of maple syrup meticulously wrapped. I'd be so stressed out trying to transport something like that in a checked bag!

All it takes is one broken bottle....

Castaway Cay Morning

We were up around 7am this day and put on our swimsuits under our clothes, in preparation for a day at the beach on a beautiful private island. :beach: Izzy was even agreeable to wearing the “swimming kitty” shirt that I’d selected for her. Off to a great start! :thumbsup2

We checked out the view from our balcony, now that we were docked at Castaway:

We chose to go to Enchanted Garden for breakfast, as it was fairly close to the disembarkation point. We were allowed to get off the boat at 8:30am, but it was about 9am by the time we sat down to eat and we figured that would allow us to avoid the crowd, but still have plenty of time on the island. We sat at Table 100 this morning (don’t need to go to your assigned number like at dinner).

We enjoyed an assortment of yummy food:

Izzy had some pancakes, Mickey waffles, cheese, and a bite or two of croissant. Got her a carton of milk from the cereal station and poured it into a nice cup (that she thankfully did not drop or spill). As you can see in the background of this picture, Izzy constructed a tower of baked goods:

Everything is a building material to her! :rotfl: (Seriously, she LOVES to build things and will find a way with nearly anything).

Pretty fountain in the restaurant:

At some point during the meal, Izzy said she had to go potty. I took her out and this is when we discovered how obnoxious it is to have a potty training toddler in a 1-piece swimsuit under regular clothes. :headache: She was not at all happy about taking her arms out of her shirt to get the swimsuit off. And, of course, she didn’t actually go after all this. :rolleyes: I ended up taking her back to the bathroom once more a bit later and this time she just completely lost her mind at the prospect of getting things off, refusing to go entirely. And, in fact, she never actually did go potty that entire morning. :sad2: (And, yes, the most recent swimsuit I bought her is two pieces, so we don't have to deal with something like that again).

Between these side trips and the fact that Izzy took forever to eat her baked goods tower, we ended up at the ship’s exit at 9:50am, a bit later than I’d hoped. As we walked up, Dug told me that he didn’t have Izzy’s key card, which was mandatory to get off and back on the ship (I must have thought he had it in his wallet?). :eek: So, I had to trek all the way back to the room and search for it. After trashing our room looking for it, I finally gave up and headed to Guest Services where they had to print a new one. In case you are wondering, at some later point in our cruise I discovered that it was in the little slot by the door that keeps the lights on. Oops. :blush:

While they waited for me, Izzy played with her floating Minnie toy that she had insisted on bringing to the beach (but did not actually play with at the beach):

I returned and we went up to the exit area:

We saw that we had to scan our key cards and I asked the CM if I should hold up Izzy’s card to the scanner for her. He snapped at me, as if I was being ridiculous (the answer was yes, by the way). Caught me off guard – maybe letting everyone off the ship makes CMs grumpy, I don’t know. :confused3 I explained to him that we didn’t get off the ship yesterday, so this was all new to us. His attitude quickly improved and he explained that we would have to do the same thing to get back onboard as well. We finally made it onto Castaway Cay at 10:07am:

Guess those people were already getting back on the ship? :confused:

Ahhhhhh, here’s a better view:

Some other scenery and signage:

Dug took all of these pictures, as he walked ahead while Izzy and I stayed back to meet Daisy near the ship.

A tram that takes you to the various beaches:

The lunch place:

The family beach we ended up at (the second family beach):

As I mentioned, I knew that Daisy Duck had a 10:15am meet at the Post Office, so Izzy and I hung back for that. A couple shots after getting off the boat:

Gotta get a boat selfie :laughing::

Then we joined this line for Daisy:

I used the time in line to apply our sunscreen and give Izzy her thermos of milk, which she did not want to give up, even to meet Daisy (though I managed to get it from her right before she went up).

Looks like Izzy wanted to show off her swimming kitty shirt when she got up there:

Minnie’s all ready for a day at the beach:

Here’s the video, which mostly consists of everyone yelling Izzy’s name in an attempt to get her to look at the camera:rotfl::

(click to watch)

I think Izzy and I managed to catch up with Dug at the tram and ride it over to the beach together. Dug stopped at a little shop to get some flip flops, as I think his other ones were bothering him or something? Izzy posed with Olaf while we waited:

We stopped at the Cookies Too BBQ place you saw in the earlier picture to fill our nice Fish Extender gift cups with Diet Coke (yay for free pop on both the ship and island!:cool1:) We found a chair towards the back of the beach at the end of a row and Dug sat there with our stuff while Izzy and I headed over to the nearby splash pad. Sorry that I have no pictures of any of this, as we only had our phones, no waterproof camera. :sad1:

She enjoyed the splash pad, but wanted to check out everything else too, so we headed back to the beach. She played around in the sand a bit, then wanted to try going in the ocean, but would only do it with me holding her. She tired of that pretty quickly and wanted to go back to the sand, where she ended up collecting a bunch of little shells (and tossing them back after). We checked in with Dug and he was content in the chair, just relaxing. I grabbed a drink of my Diet Coke and got Izzy some milk, then we headed back to the splash pad again. Izzy really enjoyed playing in there (with me). It was approaching 11:30am by this point, which was when lunch opened up, so we headed back to Dug. Not before we both got sprayed in the face leaving the splash pad, though. :scared:

It started to rain as we headed back, so we helped Dug grab all our things and found a picnic table under the shelter you saw earlier. Izzy and I waited there with our stuff and dried off while Dug braved the rain to stand in line for some food for us all. By now it was pouring and poor Dug had to stand in a long uncovered line for food. :sad2:

I took some pictures in the meantime, now that we were under a roof:

Guess Izzy wanted to check the Navigator to see what fun was still to come. ::yes::

Everyone was under this shelter to escape the downpour (hard to see in the pictures, but the rain was really coming down):

We-sie:

Izzy making her movie selections, I guess:

Eventually, Dug returned with a bunch of food. We did go drink-less, though, as we’d finished our Diet Coke and neither one of us was willing to go back out in the pouring rain for more (he didn’t have enough hands to get some with the food). Izzy enjoyed some sort of bread/cake and a cookie for lunch, followed by a hot dog and some chips:

Given all the food was free (included in the cruise) and Dug had run off to get food before the line got longer, so hadn’t asked what I wanted, I think he just got me some of everything:

I believe this plate contains a spicy chicken sandwich, a cheeseburger, coleslaw, potato salad, corn, and maybe some BBQ chicken or ribs or something? I sampled everything and also ended up eating some of Izzy’s leftover hot dog. Oh, and here’s Dug’s plate of BBQ and slaw:

The food was good enough, but we were pretty bummed watching the downpour go on and on and on. :umbrella: I mean, we’d really only had about an hour to enjoy the beach and splash pad. And Izzy was due in the nursery on the ship from 1-5pm. We had set that up in advance with the plan of dropping her off there to nap while we got back off and went to Serenity Bay, the adult only part of Castaway Cay.

Once we finished our lunch and the rain let up a bit, we headed back to the tram and the ship and dropped Izzy off at the nursery. Spoiler alert: she didn’t nap there. Again. :headache: Dug and I debated our next move after dropping her off. Neither of us was really inclined to get back off the ship, as it was still raining. So, we decided to cut our losses on Castaway and just stay onboard to enjoy the Dream and do some laundry. Exciting, I know. :rolleyes: Ironically, the afternoon did clear up and was fairly nice once it did. Oh, well, can’t win ‘em all. So, yeah, we didn’t have a lot of non-rain time on Castaway Cay and this is something I’d like to rectify if we take another Disney cruise sometime. On the bright side, neither of us are big lounging-on-the-beach people, so we weren’t TOO heartbroken vs. those DIS-ers who take the cruise only as a means of visiting Castaway Cay. I mean, I did have to give up my daydream of sitting on a chair in the shallow water of the adult beach with an adult beverage in my hand :cloud9:, but we had a pleasant enough afternoon on the Dream.

Up next: Our pleasant afternoon.

Super cute meet with Daisy! I love the life vest she's wearing.

That's too bad that it rained that afternoon. I hope it didn't rain at your next port. At least there's plenty to do aboard the ship, so it's not a complete wash out.

You and I share similar daydreams regarding adult beverages!

I have this fear with cruises that I won't make it back on the ship and am stuck somewhere. I've always wondered what happens in those situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter