"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Here's my theory on the rider swap:

Person A and Person B with Child C walk up to a rider swap. "We need a rider swap!"

Person A goes into the ride with the lanyard, gets the swap ticket. Now, Person B can only use the rider swap ticket once Person A finishes the ride and hands the ticket to Person B.

Otherwise, if they get the ticket right away, maybe Child C is watched by the unmentioned Person D, who is there with Person A and B, and then both A and B get to ride at the same time, using only one FP+ reservation instead of two.

That scenario seems like it would be uncommon, but maybe it happened often enough that WDW wanted to prevent people gaming the system that way.

On another note, yes, I was surprised to see Dugette right at the end of the ride. She really hit the magic time window to get through the Soarin' lines that fast!

I am pretty sure the expression on my face was the moment I realized I could create one of my all time favorite dishes while at Garden Grill: the elusive Holiday Leftover sandwich. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry. Mmmmm. Although at home I would use mayo as well, the Garden Grill version was definitely something worth that stunned look on my face.

We noticed they were using that new system on Soarin', too. But not for Test Track. Kind of interesting. I wander what made them feel the need to change it.

It's always so much fun to ride that attraction with first timers. They are typically so blown away by all the details.

Glad you got to dinner in a reasonable time and got the seat you requested. Izzy looks like she is having an absolute blast with Dale. Talk about pure joy on her face. That is too cute. She really does love Disney characters. It's great how she's been able to kind of grow up with them and experience them throughout all the different baby/toddler stages.

I looove all of the character meet videos. Such a good idea and obviously tells way more of the story than photos - although I love photos with characters as well! Poor Izzy with the head smack - glad she was ok and seemed to recover quickly. Your post title has me cracking up though. :rotfl2:

I just found your trip report and I am loving it so far! My daughter is also 2, so I am definitely feeling your pain and joy while reading this. They really do smack their heads on things regularly at this age. DD always manages to fall in public places and I look like a horrible parent because I typically don't react unless she is truly hurt.

Your room at BWV looks great! We are trying BWI for the first time this fall and I am so excited! Garden Grill looks like it was a fun meal. I have always found the character interactions to be great there, but I don't love the food.

Different than how I remember Rider Swap in October! I wonder what the reason is for the change? :confused3
Guessing people were taking advantage of it in some way (see Dug's post for an idea)

Wow! That is really fast. Even with a FP+ it seems to be a slow moving ride. I'm glad you got to enjoy it and help a few first timers!
I know, it usually takes 30 minutes, even with FP+. This was super speedy!

I remember playing with those same lions with Colin - I had plans to take him up to see the Circle of Life movie but it just didn't work out.
Funny, I guess the lion plushes are popular. You didn't miss much on the Circle of Life movie. We saw it once, I think on our first trip in 2009, and have never felt a need to go back.

Potty training at Disney is an experience! Did she wear a pull up? Or just stay dry all day?
She didn't wear a pull-up and did (mostly) manage to stay dry (we did diapers at night and if she napped). Our biggest problem was really her wanting to go to the bathroom TOO often (and it's still a problem now).

Too cute!! :goodvibes
She loves her doggies.

This and pretty much every shot with both Chip and Dale is just precious! :love: I'm glad she felt so comfortable with the characters! From watching the videos, it looks like she had so much fun with them!
Thanks, she really loves Chip and Dale! And she is quite comfortable with the characters, which I love!

Excited to read about her meet with Mickey! And the food too!
Hope to get that put together sometime soon.

Wow that was fast!
Probably the fastest we've ever experienced.

She really likes to "fix us up."

:rotfl: Ah the "fun" of Potty training.
Such a joy.

Glad we still got there at a decent time.

:rotfl: That's a face that says exhaustion!
I think you are probably right.

That Dale is such fun.

:rotfl: Oh no! Poor Izzy!
Poor kiddo. Can't believe I got it on video too, haha.

Luckily, they seem to be pretty resilient when they injure themselves at this age.

Didn't you have to tell her that earlier at Character Spot? Maybe she was just making that connection from earlier.
I don't know that I said anything about "scary", but I know I had to encourage her to come back up to Mickey, so maybe?

Because I know she is ok, that head-butt made me laugh! It was so loud!!
Cute interactions!
I know, so loud and sudden! And she was totally fine, if a bit dazed for a moment. Guess that's why they seem to encourage the kids to get up sometimes.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have a feeling if we ever meet we will get along fantastically... Your inner voice is so on par with my thought process it's hilarious.. I just crack up at the way you tell your stories...
:goodvibes Glad that you enjoy it...probably explains why I like your TRs so much too (well, and your super cute girls!)

Anyway, this looks so great!!! I'm so excited!!
I think it will be a fun one for you.

Chip & Dale always seem to be a pretty good m&g, love them! Especially the photo of the eating izzys head!!lol!!!
We have had so many standout interactions with Chip and Dale on our trips. They are definite favorites and often very fun and playful.

About 14 more rounds, eh?! Looking forward to it!
Seriously, I could barely eat with all the character visits. :faint:

Glad everything worked out in the end and you got to Garden Grill no time and got a great table!
Me too, worked out better than I would have expected.

Totally laughed out lout at that picture. Dug looks like he is thinking "Dogs can only see motion right? If I stay perfectly still maybe Pluto won't notice me!" :rotfl:
:rotfl: That might be. But I don't think he knew Pluto was even back there yet.

Aw, sounds like super cute meets with Dale and Chip! And Aw, about Izzy banging her head - it is true how quickly they bounce back though
Luckily, she bounced back quickly...I think Chip might have been more traumatized than her.

Izzy is a trooper! She takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' !
:rotfl: Indeed she does. Guess she's bonked her head enough times to deal with it pretty well now.

On our recent trip to WDW, it was DS's first time on Soarin' and he was very apprehensive. A wonderful CM read his anxiety and gave him a great pep talk before our flight. After the ride was over, she sought us out to see how he liked it -- and of course he loved it; so she gave us a paper fastpass on the spot, valid for 3 people, to ride again anytime during the month of June. It was really extra special, and it made all of our days :)
What a great CM! Love it when they go out of their way to make extra magic like that. Glad your DS enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

Huh. Did not know that.
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I never knew that until I first got one on a past trip. Very handy when you're crunched for time like this.

It's so fun to watch/hear people experiencing Soarin' for the first time.

Nice! Was Dug surprised to see you there so soon?
Probably - it was REALLY fast for a round of Soarin'.

Did she go home with that stuffy?
Nope, she's gotten good at playing and putting back! :thumbsup2 And, besides, she owns like 4000 stuffed animals as it is. :rotfl:

She's our little doctor. ::yes::

Yowzers. It's a wonder you got anything done at all!
I know, it was ridiculous. :headache:

I cannot tell you how often she got into the bathroom and got into position and...said, "I don't have any pee!" :rotfl:

"As God as my witness. I will get through this day."
It was a long day, but I think he was enjoying himself.

She got a lot of fist bumps this trip.

That picture cracked me up.

Ouch! That sounded bad, but I guess with the rounded table edge it wasn't as bad as it could've been.
Very true. But, yeah, it sounded much worse than it was.

No way! Congrats! :laughing:
I know, it's quite an accomplishment!

I can't believe how quickly you were on and off Soarin'! That timing worked out perfectly!
It worked out great! I couldn't believe how fast it was either, but I have the time-stamped photos to prove it.

I'm glad you got one of those booths at Garden Grill. I still can't believe how private that makes the whole dining experience. It really is unlike any other restaurant I've ever been to.
I really like it. Just you and the view and the food and the characters. :thumbsup2

Great character meets for Izzy - she was really enjoying herself! I'm glad she didn't get hurt.
She really loves the character play time.

uh oh...:sad2: (glad she's okay, and knowing that, it is kind of funny!)
I know, I feel bad laughing at it, but since she was fine, it is a bit amusing.

what great timing!!:worship:
It couldn't have been better.

Nope, not too bad and still a good thing that you'd been able to change the reservation
I'm glad I got it earlier. I'd been aiming for closer to the time we got there anyway, so all good.

Such great pics! What wonderful character interactions - and more to come! Yay!!
Thanks! Izzy had a great time!

Isn't it amazing how a head smack is no big deal when Disney characters are involved?! lol Sounds like something Paxton would do, although the same head smack at home would result in theatrics probably.
Haha, true, I'm sure she recovered more quickly because Chip was there. I mean, he was the one who helped her get over falling off the bench at AK on the previous trip. :goodvibes

The pics of Izzy with the characters are just adorable!
Thanks, I love watching her laugh with them.

Those videos are just cuteness overload! Izzy is having too much fun, but I bet that head smack was not very comfortable!
Thanks! That's why I take those videos - I love going back and watching them and I hope she will someday (well, actually, she enjoys them now too). But, yeah, that head smack was a shock.

I have to admit - I still don't entirely understand how the ride swap works. I guess I don't have to worry about it until I have grandkids.
It's pretty easy. Just let the first CM know you have a baby/toddler and need a rider swap for the other parent (all need to be right there). Then they have you go in and either give you a paper FP ticket right then for the other person or (new way) give it to you at the second CM station. So, one person rides either standby or FP+ (whatever they have for that ride) and then other person rides later with the paper FP/RS ticket.

Glad you got to sit next to a couple newbies on Soarin. It's always great to see people's reactions the first time!
I really love that experience. The amazement you hear from newbies is so fun.

Love LWTL.
Me too! I was sad to miss out on it this time, but at least I rode it last trip.

Here's my theory on the rider swap:

Person A and Person B with Child C walk up to a rider swap. "We need a rider swap!"

Person A goes into the ride with the lanyard, gets the swap ticket. Now, Person B can only use the rider swap ticket once Person A finishes the ride and hands the ticket to Person B.

Otherwise, if they get the ticket right away, maybe Child C is watched by the unmentioned Person D, who is there with Person A and B, and then both A and B get to ride at the same time, using only one FP+ reservation instead of two.

That scenario seems like it would be uncommon, but maybe it happened often enough that WDW wanted to prevent people gaming the system that way.
Entirely possible. In theory, Person A could take off after getting the RS at the entrance, then hand off Child C to Unmentioned Person E while Person A, B, & D all ride together using only the RS ticket (since I believe it's good for up to 3 people). All that seems pretty complicated, though - I'd be surprised if it happened a lot. :confused3

On another note, yes, I was surprised to see Dugette right at the end of the ride. She really hit the magic time window to get through the Soarin' lines that fast!
It really was probably the fastest spin on Soarin' we've ever had. :thumbsup2

I am pretty sure the expression on my face was the moment I realized I could create one of my all time favorite dishes while at Garden Grill: the elusive Holiday Leftover sandwich. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry. Mmmmm. Although at home I would use mayo as well, the Garden Grill version was definitely something worth that stunned look on my face.
Mmmmm, yummy!

Thanks for chiming in, Dug! :goodvibes

We noticed they were using that new system on Soarin', too. But not for Test Track. Kind of interesting. I wander what made them feel the need to change it.
See Dug's thoughts just above. That's all I can think of. But, whatever, doesn't change anything for me. And I noticed too that some attractions are doing it the new way and some are not. :confused3

It's always so much fun to ride that attraction with first timers. They are typically so blown away by all the details.
Agreed! I tipped them off to pay attention to smells, but it was so fun to hear them going, "Wow, oranges!"

Glad you got to dinner in a reasonable time and got the seat you requested. Izzy looks like she is having an absolute blast with Dale. Talk about pure joy on her face. That is too cute. She really does love Disney characters. It's great how she's been able to kind of grow up with them and experience them throughout all the different baby/toddler stages.
We have been very lucky that she's been so fond of the characters - it's made our trips so much fun. Dale was consistently a great meet on this trip!

I looove all of the character meet videos. Such a good idea and obviously tells way more of the story than photos - although I love photos with characters as well! Poor Izzy with the head smack - glad she was ok and seemed to recover quickly. Your post title has me cracking up though. :rotfl2:
Glad you enjoyed! I sometimes wonder if it's overkill to post them all, but I figure people can just watch what they want. Glad you got a laugh out of the post title! :rotfl2:

Garden Grill looks like fun!! Izzy is so cute with the characters.
It is a fun meal and has such great character interaction too.

I just found your trip report and I am loving it so far! My daughter is also 2, so I am definitely feeling your pain and joy while reading this. They really do smack their heads on things regularly at this age. DD always manages to fall in public places and I look like a horrible parent because I typically don't react unless she is truly hurt.
:welcome: Thanks for joining in! Glad you can relate. Two year olds are so unpredictable. And you're not a bad parent - you're in touch with your child and know to keep her calm by not panicking yourself. You can hear me in the video telling her that she's okay, since I didn't want her to get scared and freak out unnecessarily.

Your room at BWV looks great! We are trying BWI for the first time this fall and I am so excited! Garden Grill looks like it was a fun meal. I have always found the character interactions to be great there, but I don't love the food.
I hope you love Boardwalk. I have to say that we were not super enthused to stay there, but really liked the location for our needs this trip. But we loved it! :lovestruc I would happily stay there again.

Garden Grill is a solid meal. The food is good, but not earth-shattering. But the endless rounds of character interactions are great! :thumbsup2

And, besides, she owns like 4000 stuffed animals as it is. :rotfl:

:laughing:
I wanna see a picture of her collection!

I cannot tell you how often she got into the bathroom and got into position and...said, "I don't have any pee!" :rotfl:

"As a mother I am not supposed to strangle her. I will not... I will not... I will not..."

There was a new process in place to get the Rider Swap ticket (new to me, at least, since last time). Instead of giving it to us at the entrance like they used to, I was given a lanyard to carry down the queue and then give to the second CM, who would give me the Rider Swap ticket in exchange. Not entirely sure why they changed this, but worked fine for us (not all rides did it this way, though).
We had that on a few rides. Seemed to work ok either way, but I found it odd that they didn't all do it the same!

This may have been my fastest Soarin’ experience ever, as I was off the ride and walking up to the exit of Living with the Land at 7:14pm, after having just entered the Soarin' queue a couple minutes before 7pm. The timing was also perfect, as a boat pulled up just after I arrived:
That really was quick! I'm impressed that you made it back when they were getting back around.

I doubt she actually went, though – she only actually used the facilities maybe 20% of the time. Good times. :rolleyes:
I feel your pain. We're not sure DD will be going to preschool yet this year... because she still refuses to potty. We keep trying and we can occasionally get her to sit on a potty, but she will hold it all day long until she is physically in pain.

I was trying to take a picture of them here and this cracks me up because of Dug’s face :lmao::
That is epic! :rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2

She was having a blast and laughing:
That's great! I'm really happy to see that she loved the characters so much!

At the end of that video, she does a fair amount of screaming, then notices that Mickey is on his way. I captured this video after Chip left and Izzy is saying that Mickey is “not scary” – so maybe Chip was? :confused3 Might have been those big teeth? :rotfl: Here’s that brief clip:
Well, if the chipmunks were scary, she really hid her fear well!

I have caught up on all the TR since taking Izzy. I must say I have now started using the shopkick app and signed up for airline deal alerts. LOL Hoping to get even more great tips from you.:thanks:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7366024557_zpsekkmofr9.jpg

Love this border the most:cloud9:

The CM actually ended up dancing with wiggly, excited Izzy and was just generally very pleasant and welcoming to everyone who passed by.

I just love when people know how to interact with kids. I've ran into workers (not Disney) where it just looks like they have no idea how to interact with a child.

That may have seemed like some innocent hand-holding, but when you’re two years old, if both of your hands are being held, it’s clearly because the hand-holders want to swing you back and forth

:rotfl:We know not to hold DS's hands anymore when we are on either side of him. He'll completely drop his legs from under him and it takes us by surprise all the time. I feel he would do this with the characters if they were to hold his hands like this!

So so sweet.

(sorry, I took 4 years of German! :o)

Very cool!

I found it a bit uncomfortable that the Guest Service CM then read it all aloud in his French accent.

Uh, is that proper protocol?! I've filled out a card at DLR before and if I remember it correctly, I just stuck it in a box afterwards! That would be super uncomfortable.:scared:

:lmao:She's so adorable!

So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done

This reminds me of when we'd have to ask our parents to do something and they'd give the go ahead and we'd be all excited. I imagine it felt like this for you guys! :laughing:

Love seeing the first-timers experience Soarin’!

I love seeing first timers on any ride! And then remembering I was like that at one point, although I still do get really excited. :hyper:

so Izzy and I amused ourselves in the gift shop for a few minutes

It's never a few minutes anymore :rotfl: It takes FOREVER to get him out of Target when he starts seeing stuff...and when mama starts seeing stuff too I guess:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Trying to diagnose your stomach problems.

:laughing::lmao::rotfl:I cannot stop giggling! :rotfl2:

Best picture!

Overall, a good meet. And, for your immense viewing pleasure (and discomfort :scared:), I have video of the whole thing! I do lose focus for a moment while making sure she’s okay from her head slam and it might make you wince, so be warned if you watch. But, knowing she’s totally okay, it’s kind-of funny:

Woah, she recovered super, super quick! :thumbsup2

Realization face! Love it!:rotfl:

:laughing:
I wanna see a picture of her collection!
Well, just for you, I took this:

Note that she has a bunch in her crib, in a bag, on shelves, downstairs, etc. But at least that's a pile of them.

"As a mother I am not supposed to strangle her. I will not... I will not... I will not..."
Luckily, I can say that I never wanted to strangle her, but it is pretty frustrating to have a toddler "desperate" to go potty, then totally disinterested once on the potty. :headache:

We had that on a few rides. Seemed to work ok either way, but I found it odd that they didn't all do it the same!
Same here.

That really was quick! I'm impressed that you made it back when they were getting back around.
Me too!

I feel your pain. We're not sure DD will be going to preschool yet this year... because she still refuses to potty. We keep trying and we can occasionally get her to sit on a potty, but she will hold it all day long until she is physically in pain.
Ugh, sorry you are having so many troubles still! Izzy is still false-alarming too much, but she generally does go when she needs to. Except that she insists on pooping in her diapers while in her crib. :confused3

That is epic! :rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2
It still cracks me up.:rotfl2:

That's great! I'm really happy to see that she loved the characters so much!
Thanks, I'm glad she did!

Well, if the chipmunks were scary, she really hid her fear well!
Very true.

Cute pics with Minnie and spotted Izzie at Spaceship earth :butterfly
Thank you! :goodvibes

I have caught up on all the TR since taking Izzy. I must say I have now started using the shopkick app and signed up for airline deal alerts. LOL Hoping to get even more great tips from you.:thanks:
Wow, thanks for reading! Glad to help you out! For what it's worth, I've found that Shopkick has been a lot less lucrative lately than it used to be. They still have some big days, but it's often very little. It used to be consistently larger numbers of kicks available. But, hey, still free money! :thumbsup2 Hope you score an airfare deal!

Love this border the most:cloud9:
Me too!

I just love when people know how to interact with kids. I've ran into workers (not Disney) where it just looks like they have no idea how to interact with a child.
Very true. I definitely appreciate those that know how to interact with the little ones.

:rotfl:We know not to hold DS's hands anymore when we are on either side of him. He'll completely drop his legs from under him and it takes us by surprise all the time. I feel he would do this with the characters if they were to hold his hands like this!
I bet he would! Izzy usually does that with us too.

So so sweet.
Thanks!

Very cool!
High school German, but counted for college AP credit, so never had to take a foreign language after that (well, wanted to take Italian, just for fun, but couldn't fit it into my schedule).

Uh, is that proper protocol?! I've filled out a card at DLR before and if I remember it correctly, I just stuck it in a box afterwards! That would be super uncomfortable.:scared:
I have no idea. I've never seen anyone mention it before. Seemed weird, though. :confused3

:lmao:She's so adorable!
Thanks!

This reminds me of when we'd have to ask our parents to do something and they'd give the go ahead and we'd be all excited. I imagine it felt like this for you guys! :laughing:
Haha, yes, very much like that! ::yes::

I love seeing first timers on any ride! And then remembering I was like that at one point, although I still do get really excited. :hyper:
Same here. Love seeing them get so excited at all the new-to-them things.

It's never a few minutes anymore :rotfl: It takes FOREVER to get him out of Target when he starts seeing stuff...and when mama starts seeing stuff too I guess:rolleyes1:rotfl2:
:lmao: Luckily, Izzy has gotten quite good at the play-and-reshelf routine.

Trying to diagnose your stomach problems.
Doc McIzzy is quite the tummy specialist. She's all about checking tummies (and occasionally ears). :listen:

:laughing::lmao::rotfl:I cannot stop giggling! :rotfl2:
Me too!

Best picture!
I love that one also.

Woah, she recovered super, super quick! :thumbsup2
She really did. Could have taken a bad turn, but luckily she got distracted by Chip.

Realization face! Love it!:rotfl:
:rotfl2:

Summer Update - Off Topic

Just thought I’d share some of our pictures/videos from this summer so far. I miss being able to throw these types of updates into a Pre-Trip Report as “Disney training” of some sort. :rotfl: Since I only have TRs going right now, figured I’d just drop it in here, for those who may be interested in a fairly random update.

We’ll start with a picture of Cinderella flying (as ALL princesses do, at least in Izzy’s world ::yes::):

Notice she’s also wearing her Bippity Boppity Boo shirt!

Earlier this summer, we were at the Mall of America for Dug to get an Apple Watch. While he was at the Apple Store taking care of that, Izzy and I decided to wander around Nickelodeon Universe (the amusement park in the middle of the mall). I had no idea they had character meets and we’re not particularly familiar with the characters, but we saw it happening with NO lines, so why not? :confused3 Izzy met Dora the Explorer and I guess this monkey is Boots (I had to look that up – if it isn’t Disney, we’re not watching it, haha :laughing:). Izzy enjoyed meeting them:

I also have video:

Then, after wandering a bit, we came across the Wonder Pets. Again, don’t know them at all, but they’re cute and cuddly, so why not? Here’s a picture:

And a video:

Izzy loved them and still talks about meeting them.

Most of the rides in Nickelodeon Universe are not very short-toddler-friendly, so we avoided them. However, strangely, one of the few things she actually could ride was the Log Chute. :thumbsup2 36 inches and up can ride with an adult and she was just tall enough. Think a wanna-be Splash Mountain and you’ll know what this ride is like. Well, after Izzy asked to ride it and assured me she really wanted to, we bought a ticket (Dug had joined us by then). Izzy kept saying, “I’m gonna be really scared!” But then I’d ask her if it was “good, fun scary” or “bad scary” and she was very much in the “good, fun” camp. So, there we go, off on our adventure:

The ride was actually better than I thought it would be (it’s been a LONG time since I rode it!) It lasted a fair amount of time (not as long as Splash) and had a lot of fun scenes and cruised around pretty fast. And there were actually two fairly big drops. One was hidden inside, but the other was visible to Dug:

And some video:

It was a lot of fun and Izzy loved it. She said she was “good scared” and wanted to do it again. :cool1: We haven’t gotten back to MOA again yet, but I’ll definitely take her on another ride when we do. Can’t wait until she’s tall enough for the real Splash Mountain!

In other news, I got Izzy some clearance clothes from Kohl’s:

Yep, an Anna dress and a nice Minnie outfit that will be cute for Hawaii (next January).

Here she is (“smiling” for the camera) in her Anna dress:

And here’s a selfie we took later that day (just cause I like it :blush: ):

She’d been asking for an Elsa dress too and I finally was able to snag one for $7. She wore it for the first time today and was thrilled (it even has an ice cape!):

Dug went to a picnic with a few of his local/passing through town co-workers and brought Izzy. He and another co-worker discovered that our kids are twins :eek: :

(Izzy is on the left). Pretty wild!

The other really fun thing we did recently (last weekend) was take a “princess cruise” on the Mississippi (pretty sure Disney doesn't approve of this :scared:). You may remember we did this two years ago too. Coincidentally, they use the same boat that we had our wedding reception on 10 years ago. Pretty neat. Here we are heading down the dock and you can see princesses and pirates (new this year) way down there:

Then we got to attempt to get Izzy to cooperate for a picture. :headache: But, first, some flashbacks. We did this in 2013, when she wasn’t even 1 yet. We also took a cruise right after the princess cruise in 2014 (we had a season pass that didn’t include the specialty cruises), but the princesses still greeted her then too. So, here’s three years’ worth of photos:

As we started to walk away from that, Cinderella asked us if we’ve done this before, like when Izzy was a baby – she recognized Izzy! :hyper: That was pretty cool that she remembered us. She was amazed at how fast Izzy is growing up. How sweet. :lovestruc

This is about a 90 minute ride up and down the river, by the way. We started off by grabbing a table and they were all decorated with treasures, which Izzy enjoyed:

She made us all wear the beads:

Here is a video of her warming up to the idea of dancing (to Footloose!):

After eating some popcorn and hot dogs, we managed to get her out on the dance floor with the princesses. princess: You can see her dancing with Snow White here:

And even being held by Cinderella here:

And some dancing:

Here’s a video of her dancing with Cinderella:

After a bit, Izzy and I headed out to the front deck (at her request) and enjoyed the views and the breeze:

I could have sat out there all day. :cloud9: By the way, Izzy declared that "her bridge" - just like at WDW, where she was declaring ownership of everything transportation-related. :rotfl:As we left, Izzy got a nice picture with Cinderella:

Gotta love the much-more-realistic-than-Disney “princesses” letting their hair down! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

That’s about it, but hope to make many more fun summer memories! Thanks for indulging me! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Wow - you were up late last night!

Looks like you have had a lovely summer so far. One more month to go!!!!!

Nickelodeon Universe looks so fun and Izzy is so cute with her "I'm going to be scared" comment.

Love her new purchases from Kohls. What great deals.

The princess cruise looks so fun. Yup - definitely not Disney approved. :rotfl: The princesses look like they are dressing up in Halloween costumes with bad wigs. :rotfl2: But how fun!

We’ll start with a picture of Cinderella flying (as ALL princesses do, at least in Izzy’s world ::yes::):
Hey, if you have a Fairy Godmother you can do anything...

Then, after wandering a bit, we came across the Wonder Pets.
So now I know what they look like.

We don't watch Nickelodeon either, but apparently our kids watch it at the sitters. They've been talking about Wonder Pets lately and I've never took the time to figure out what the heck they're talking about.

It was a lot of fun and Izzy loved it. She said she was “good scared” and wanted to do it again.
That's great!

She’d been asking for an Elsa dress too and I finally was able to snag one for $12. She wore it for the first time today and was thrilled (it even has an ice cape!):
Nice!

I like the Sofia socks with it too... They're well framed within her shoe!

Dug went to a picnic with a few of his local/passing through town co-workers and brought Izzy. He and another co-worker discovered that our kids are twins :eek: :
Wow! They really are!

As we started to walk away from that, Cinderella asked us if we’ve done this before, like when Izzy was a baby – she recognized Izzy!
Wow! That's great that she remembered her!

Gotta love the much-more-realistic-than-Disney “princesses” letting their hair down! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2
Literally and figuratively! I'm glad you had a good time. I can't get over the pictures though... you can tell who they are, yet it just seems so wrong. :lmao:

sounds like you are having a fun summer. Glad that easy was just "good scared" - definitely would like to get to the MOA at some point in my life

My kids do like Nick Jr as well (I try to encourage more Disney, but what can you do). They like Dora (that definitely is Boots with her) - though she has a new version of the show where she is a tween and moved to the city

Wonder Pets are kind of annoying though :rotfl2:

Wow - they say everyone has a twin out there and looks like Izzy met her's early!

The princess cruise looks fun but, yeah, those Princesses would not pass the first round of face auditions. Did you tell her they were the real princesses or just pretend? I know with at least Olivia she is at the point we would have to tell her those were just pretend. Seems like she had good fun with Cinderella

Very cute, loved the log flume ride - and doubly can't wait for Splash too :)

Aria has learned a number of non-Disney shows via daycare and Amazon Prime viewing (she quickly figured out how to get to all the cartoons on my ipad, I didn't even know she could watch them). But I still only put on the Disney channel on the TV lol. I did relent and *one* of her Christmas presents is Paw Patrol related.

The cruise looks like a lot of fun! Those princesses...well that was sweet she remembered Izzy! IDK what Aria would think seeing them after being so accustomed to the Disney ones.

Oh and Izzy's twin photo - WOW! That was crazy. I spotted Izzy from her Cinderella silver shoes but otherwise I had to do a double take!

We’ll start with a picture of Cinderella flying (as ALL princesses do
::yes::

But then I’d ask her if it was “good, fun scary” or “bad scary” and she was very much in the “good, fun” camp. So, there we go, off on our adventure:
That is an interesting way to present it. :thumbsup2

Yep, an Anna dress and a nice Minnie outfit that will be cute for Hawaii (next January).
cute! :thumbsup2

(Izzy is on the left). Pretty wild!
:eek: Twins indeed!

Coincidentally, they use the same boat that we had our wedding reception on 10 years ago.
:lovestruc

pretty sure Disney doesn't approve of this :scared:
Those princesses look a little.... homely. Cute, but homely. Especially snow white's hair. :scared:

she recognized Izzy! :hyper:
How sweet. Glad y'all had some fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter