"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Oh, no!!!! :laughing:
Heaven forbid that your cupcake crumble! She kept demanding a new one and we're like, "Um, that's the only one."

That's got to be at the top of any child's list.
Well, that and/or the swings, I guess.
Yep, those are the two she mentions right away if you talk about a playground. ::yes::

Gotta try what the big kids are doing.
Of course!

:laughing:
Trust me, this will make for great stories when she's older.
I hope so!

STOP.

My DDs are older now, but it wasn't that long ago that I was taking them to the park.
(They're 14 and 18 now)
I absolutely loathe and have zero respect for those parents who sit and stare at their phones while there kids play.
If they're young enough that you need to be there.... THEN YOU NEED TO BE THERE!
Get off your stupid phone and parent!
I can't count the number of times I've had to help kids, scold (gently) kids, teach kids, stop kids, guide kids.... who aren't mine, because their oblivious parent is too busy looking at his/her phone.
It absolutely drives me nuts.

I don't mean that you have to helicopter parent.
Yes, little junior or juniorette may get hurt... that's part of life.
But it's your dang job to teach them right from wrong, or how to take turns on a slide or how to not push over a little one, etc.

Sorry. Vent over.
But you hit a nerve.
Okay, while we're at it, the bolded really strikes a nerve for me. That's what bothers me the most - it's one thing to give your kid some freedom and independence, but it's another to let others provide the guidance needed while you just chill out or whatever. This is a huge problem in our neighborhood lately. There are so many kids running around without supervision (some very young, like close to Izzy's age) and the big issue we have with it is that nobody is teaching them how to respect their neighbors and stay safe. We've had to talk to them a few times and just get dirty looks (but they usually listen). They are constantly playing next to our house, in our yard, climbing our tree, running across our driveway, dropping their bikes at the end of our driveway, major etc. It's dangerous and nobody seems to know or care that we narrowly avoid running over kids and/or their toys nearly every day. (We live in a townhouse, so the "property lines" are less clear than a single family home, but constantly playing in the landscaping up against a wall seems like an obvious issue, but not to our neighbors, apparently). Anyway, rant over. Ugh. :headache:

:laughing: Yeah, that can happen sometimes.
I guess so! :rotfl2:

I bet!
"When will it end? Oh, no! She's going for another round!"
Thank goodness she was willing to head to the car showroom eventually.

So he gets to ride and you get to stick with Izzy, huh?
Or did you take a ride later on?
I kept the rider swap for later. It was actually good for the rest of the month, so I used it another day when I had the time to spare. :thumbsup2

Don't you sort of wish for her to be small enough that you just throw her in a stroller and go?
Yes! So much easier and quicker!

Uh, oh. A sign of things to come.
Reminds me of my eldest DD when she was 15. She actually said this:
"You know, when you turn 16 and get a car?"

We laughed at her and told her she's been watching too many Disney shows.

Funny thing is, when she did turn 16, we were ready for a new car and she sort of inherited our old one anyway.
So she was kind of right.
Haha, that's funny! Well, let's see, in 13 years our cars will be 22 and 18 years old, so maybe that will happen. :rotfl:

I wonder if that's his DD beside him?
I guess she doesn't need a picture of herself.
Beats me. If so, I'm sure she's glad she's blocked because she's so embarrassed. :blush:

Uh, huh.
"Not happy? How about you stick with Izzy while she tries on every car known to man and I'll ride TT."
Don't worry, I'll get my chance. ::yes::

I thought of it as it was riding on your shoulders.
:rotfl2: I am strong enough to carry an elephant. :rotfl:

That sucks.
"She's finally happy in her stroller! Yay! Now let's take her out so I can carry her."
So ironic. :headache:

Man I love those pics of her running up to Mickey and Goofy.
Thanks, me too!

Nice shot of you guys!
Thanks!

The bad boys of Disney.

Thanks for the update! :)
You're welcome!

Those things are like a toddler magnet!
Definitely.

Well, at least she is into the spirit of it all.
Girl loves her cars!

Looks like fun!
She had a blast!

Let me answer this one... How many kids do you have?

You drop your guard after the second one!
Ah, makes sense. ::yes::

And you weren't even climbing!
I probably would have been less exhausted doing the course myself. :rotfl:

That's a good one!
Had me laughing. :rotfl2:

I can totally feel his pain!
He wears his emotions pretty plainly on his face. ::yes::

I'm glad she's so excited about meeting them!
Me too!

Great family picture. And I really liked the pictures of Izzy running up to the characters.
Thanks, those turned out pretty cute!

Great update! I too recently had a fellow rider ruin my ride photo and I was so bummed about it because there was no time to re-ride ... and it's just not cool! I had been waiting and waiting to ride Space Mtn, and finally was able to do so the last day of our trip, and the guy in front of me was pretending to pick his nose while I was smiling behind him. GRRRR! Thankfully, I was able to crop the nose-picker out of the photo when I was making our photo book - but still :guilty: OK, rant over -- I suppose I need to get over it now and laugh it off ....hee!
:rotfl2: Sorry that happened to you. Luckily, we didn't really care about the photo, so it was just funny. But, in your case, not so much. :sad2:

See, and that's why I asked for the last seat for Splash. I posed with my arms crossed behind my head.
No one behind me to be blocked.
Smart! I always ask for back so I don't get wet. :thumbsup2

FWIW, DS didn't get to play without me pretty much hovering :rolleyes1 all that much at two. In general, though, he's a climber all over the place, so I don't worry too much about him on the playground now, although some play structures are really high and that does give me concern sometimes. Now, at 4 1/2, I do mostly sit on the sidelines - but always close enough for him to hear me remind him to take turns and watch out for smaller kids, which he's usually pretty good about! As an only child, I've found that DS plays more nicely when I'm not right on top of him. But, it's definitely a recent development that I get to relax a bit at the park!
Thanks, that's a good reference for me. Izzy's a pretty strong climber, but when she gets above my head/beyond my reach, that scares me. That would be a long fall. :scared: I'm glad that he heeds your advice and does well!

Love this family pic with Mickey!!
Thanks!

Can't wait!!
Lots of Minnie coming soon! ::MinnieMo

DS legit choked around 13/14 months while at home and it was just me and him. I was sitting on the couch eating and he was in his high chair pulled up right next to me, when I heard gasping and looked at him and his eyes were all big and watering and his mouth was open but not doing anything, I picked him up real quick, gave him a fairly hard slap in the back and he spit up and started bawling!:sad2::sad::eek: I was absolutely terrified but stayed calm throughout the whole thing (which really only lasted less than 10 seconds) but it downright scared me.
How scary! :scared1: You handled it perfectly, though! I can see why you'd be worried about choking.

YES!! :rotfl2::rotfl::laughing::lmao: This would fit in perfectly with the article!
I can add that she has had two meltdowns this weekend about the same bagel. :rotfl2: No pictures, though. First, the bagel was - gasp - cut in half! :sad: Second, the leftover bagel the next day, well, it just WAS and that was reason enough to fall to the floor in tears. :sad: Strangely, she did eventually eat the whole thing. :confused3 She also lost her mind tonight because she picked her Doc McStuffins cup for milk, then changed her mind to Sofia the First. I hand-washed the used Sofia cup just to make her happy, then poured in the milk from the Doc cup and she LOST IT. She needed NEW milk, not the freshly-poured milk that was in the wrong cup! :sad: I eventually stored the unwanted Doc milk and poured fresh milk into Sofia and she regained her composure. It was a rough dinner tonight between that and that darn bagel. :rotfl:

I don't understand why they don't keep these in indefinitely :confused3 I can't pinpoint the location, but is something usually there when it's not F&G season? They'd probably get more families to come, knowing that there was more to do for the little ones.
I'm not sure either. I wish they did have something like this around more often - great during rider swaps!

Standing is hard. :faint:

Wow that is really high! I would have done that same but isn't that just playing safe and smart? Or are we that overprotective??:confused3 Really though, I just don't want my day to be ruined with the crying from falling :lmao::lmao:
Sounds like we're pretty normal by the response here. But I always seem to be the only parent hovering. :confused3 And, yes, you don't want a fall and the unhappiness to ruin a day.

Our kids...wanting to grow up to fast, already in the driver seat.
It's the place to be! :drive:

That guy's like, "WHAT? BRING IT ON!" Poor Dug, he does look uncomfortable. And the gentleman next to him is much larger that Dug so he had to have been uncomfortable too.
I doubt anyone in that backseat was too comfy, but the others perhaps hid their feelings more. :rotfl:

Beware those topiary elephants! :eek: :rotfl:

Yes I remember being able to bring the stroller too in the past, but this year we couldn't.
Huh, weird. Seems like it's mixed CM "enforcement"/policy. :confused3

Agh, so jealous! One day he'll do this....maybe:lmao:
I hope he does! :goodvibes

Great family shot!
Thanks!

What a goofball!:thumbsup2 Dug I mean :laughing:
Of course! :rotfl2:

That is very odd that they couldn't find it.
Sure was. At least it wasn't a super-anticipated shot or anything.

Seeing the pictures of the Cars playground makes me wish that Rory could have played in that one for a bit, too. Although he really loved the Monsters University one and was happy with that!
I wish we'd gotten to the Monsters U one, so I guess we're even. :goodvibes

That guy in the front of the Test Track car is cracking me up. But poor Dug does look pretty miserable.
I didn't even notice Dug's face at first, since that guy demands all the attention. :rotfl:

I love the pictures of Izzy running to the characters. The ones of Rory running to see them are some of my favorites because it really captures their excitement!
I agree, you can really see how into it they are - not just being pushed up there or something.

Great family photo with Mickey!
Thanks!

Nope your just an active one. The phone obsessed parents drive me nuts!
Thanks. Though, I will say that it's hard not to be phone-obsessed at WDW between taking pictures, scheduling FP+ and ADRs, checking schedule, keeping in touch with others, etc.

And that is when I nope the heck out of a playground before the former Nanny in me rears its head.
:thumbsup2

It was so nice!

The trick we found was to tell the photopass photogs that she was a Runner and to make sure they were ready with their camera. Most took a ton of great shots!
That's smart to prepare them!

At least they weren't the most important ones of the trip.

I hear ya on the playground thing! I followed Charlotte around like that too until she was like 3 1/2 and even still I would never sit back on my phone. I am always watching! I do back off a little now though!
Makes sense - I can see that playground-mastery coming around that age.

What a jerk on test track...no sir this is not all about you! And too bad for dug being uncomfortable on the ride! It stinks when they do seating arrangements like that.
He did make me laugh, though. Guess he does not lack confidence. :confused3

Adorable character meets! I love the picture of Goofy and Dug, how perfect!
Thanks!

That playground looks like so much fun! I wish they would have something like that year-round. It makes life so much easier when there is a place for kids to play for a few minutes.
I agree, it's so nice to have something like that available.

I totally feel you on the playground hovering. I follow Jake around everywhere still! I'm excited for the day that I can sit back or at least not be spotting someone the entire time!
Yes, it would be nice to take a breath and look around a bit more. ::yes::

I really love the Character Spot. But I do specifically remember them allowing strollers in October - mostly because I left ours in the Mickey area before we moved on to Goofy. I guess the policy changed recently?
From the feedback here, it seems mixed. Maybe only some CMs are sticklers for it. :confused3 I definitely remember them valeting the stroller from Mickey to Minnie last summer.

Such cute shots of Izzy running up to Mickey and Goofy! And I love the family shot with Mickey!
Thanks!

Minnie! (and More)

After meeting Mickey and Goofy, we were ready for the main mouse: Minnie! ::MinnieMo Izzy was happy to run right up to her:

I actually had to prompt this hug, though, as she didn’t really know what to do with Minnie when she got there:

Then she just admired her idol :lovestruc:

We also got a family picture:

And, luckily, Photopass did work fine with this meet, so I have a favorite to share. Two versions of borders, since I couldn’t decide which one to post:

Photopass also got a shot of the kiss she got:

And I have video of the meet (after a few moments of Izzy getting excited pre-meet :hyper:):

(click to watch)

After those fun meets, we headed out, around 5:35pm. Dug and Izzy waited by the exit while I ran off to retrieve the stroller that we’d had to park by the entrance. :headache: A very friendly Cast Member was working that exit area and Dug really enjoyed chatting with him. The CM actually ended up dancing with wiggly, excited Izzy and was just generally very pleasant and welcoming to everyone who passed by. His name was Brian, from Herndon, VA. Here they are, just as I was heading off to get the stroller:

We chatted a bit more with Brian when I returned, then made our way over to the Disney Visa character meet. It was so strange, as Innoventions was all closed down for construction, except this area. So, you end up walking through an empty hallway and eventually you find some activity. We got there and waited in a short line. And by 5:52pm, we were meeting Minnie again, alongside Pluto pluto::

That may have seemed like some innocent hand-holding, but when you’re two years old, if both of your hands are being held, it’s clearly because the hand-holders want to swing you back and forth ::yes:::

That took Minnie and Pluto by surprise, but they did play along with it.

More hugs:

Photopass also got a number of nice shots:

I have a cropped version of this one on my desk at work (the free print):

Swinging (they did indulge her a bit :laughing:):

Bye, guys :wave2::

Once again, I have video of the encounter:

(click to watch)

And I also have a brief second video where I tried to capture the tail-end of the swinging (but mostly missed it):

(click to watch)

Once we left there, I had an errand to run. But first, we took some Spaceship Earth pictures, of course :rotfl::

Dug stayed with Izzy and probably took her to the potty or something. I made my way over to Guest Services:

The priority was to get my Tables in Wonderland card (paid for itself on this trip! :teacher:), but we also had decided to put in a good word for CM Brian. The Guest Service CM that helped me was from Annecy, France and I really found myself wishing that Dug was there. I told the CM that Dug’s parents were both retired French teachers and that Dug spoke French, so naturally the CM seemed a bit disappointed at my utter lack of French speaking ability (sorry, I took 4 years of German! :o)

At any rate, he got me the Tables in Wonderland card without issue, so that was great, since we needed it for dinner shortly. He also got me the comment card for the other CM. It felt awkward, as I’d never done this before, so didn’t really know what to say, especially since Dug and Izzy had mostly interacted with him while I was away. I pretty much just said what I did here about him (nice, dancing, etc.) I found it a bit uncomfortable that the Guest Service CM then read it all aloud in his French accent. And, by the way he was acting, I wondered if he wanted me to fill out one for him too? :confused3 He was really trying to impress. But maybe that’s normal. I don’t know, just felt strange to me. Not bad, he was nice, but I was just happy to head back out of there.

Our next FP+ was for Spaceship Earth and we had overlapping windows. Mine ended at 6:25pm and Dug’s 6:50pm. We got there at 6:24pm. :eek: Yep, that arrival-at-MCO tantrum shifted our entire day back to the last moments of our windows. We got right on SE and enjoyed our ride:

I also took video of our future (well, mine and Izzy’s):

(click to watch)

As we exited, I spotted us on the screen (Izzy in the middle):

We were outside again at 6:39pm:

We made a quick trip into the Camera Store to get our free photo print from the Disney Visa meet. After obtaining that, we hurried over to the Land pavilion. Parked the stroller and made our way down to the Garden Grill podium. You may recall from the Pre-Trip Report that I had originally gotten a 7:50pm ADR and that seemed too late, so I eventually was able to snag an earlier 7pm ADR. Well, it was now just about 7pm. Which would be great if I didn’t still have a FP+ for Soarin’ that needed to be used before dinner :scared: (and we could save the Rider Swap for later). So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done, so long as it was before 7:45pm. Yay! :cheer2:

Up next: Cramming in some rides before being seated for our dinner ADR.

Sooooo close to that Garden Grill ADR I've been waiting for!!! Lol... :rotfl:

Love the Minnie photos!!! Turned out great!

Then she just admired her idol :lovestruc:

Her Minnie love runs deep! Such cute pictures from this meet!

That may have seemed like some innocent hand-holding, but when you’re two years old, if both of your hands are being held, it’s clearly because the hand-holders want to swing you back and forth ::yes:::

Naturally! I love that Minnie and Pluto played along!

The priority was to get my Tables in Wonderland card (paid for itself on this trip! :teacher:)

Ok, I just asked this over on my PTR so now I know! I think I'll be getting one in May when I upgrade to an AP. With the amount of character meals we do I think it will pay for it self easily!

So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done, so long as it was before 7:45pm. Yay!

Awesome! That's great that they were so accommodating!

AW I love the Minnie meet - so sweet. BUT the pics of Izzy trying to get Minnie and Pluto to swing her are hilarious! Love that.

Nice of you to fill out the comment card for the CM, though the other CM seemed a bit odd the way he was acting (and then reading it out loud??? WTH?). glad you made it to spaceship earth fp (was there even a line?) and to dinner right on time with Soarin in there. Sounds like you weren't too far off on your timing at least!

We also got a family picture:
We ended up being bad about remembering to take these.

Clearly!::yes:::rotfl:

We made a quick trip into the Camera Store to get our free photo print from the Disney Visa meet.
Is that where we were supposed to go! Oops! :rolleyes:

So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done, so long as it was before 7:45pm. Yay! :cheer2:

I would comment on the videos but my computer is acting up today and won't show them.

Aww Izzy is so cute meeting Minnie! And how cute that the characters actually swung her, I would think they wouldn't be allowed to do that!

That was nice of you to write out one of those cards for the CM! I always forget that you can do that, and there have been a lot of really awesome CM's that I've come in contact with that totally deserved one!

Glad Garden Grill was so nice about you riding Soarin' first! That probably happens a lot!

And, luckily, Photopass did work fine with this meet, so I have a favorite to share. Two versions of borders, since I couldn’t decide which one to post:
Great pictures! :thumbsup2

We got there and waited in a short line. And by 5:52pm, we were meeting Minnie again, alongside Pluto pluto::
Wow! Minnie moves fast!

Of course!

And, by the way he was acting, I wondered if he wanted me to fill out one for him too? :confused3 He was really trying to impress. But maybe that’s normal. I don’t know, just felt strange to me. Not bad, he was nice, but I was just happy to head back out of there.
Yeah, kind of awkward. But very nice of you to take the time to fill one out for Brian!

Which would be great if I didn’t still have a FP+ for Soarin’ that needed to be used before dinner :scared: (and we could save the Rider Swap for later). So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done, so long as it was before 7:45pm. Yay! :cheer2:
Whew... I'm glad they were willing to work with you. This is what I absolutely hate about the whole FP+/ADR at months out thing. You plan and plan, yet once you're there the timing never works out the way it should. And by then it is too late to change anything. :faint: :eek: :headache:

Those are some really cute pictures with Minnie - love the one where she is looking up at her in awe (and totally understand having two versions of it)

And man, Minnie is fast too! To get to the Visa meet and greet ahead of you like that! ;)

That's great that you met a wonderful CM - I can see that being awkward though "I want to submit a CM comment for a great CM! I mean, not you or anyone, someone totally different than you - but I have to give it this card to you that says how great another CM was - again, not you" :rotfl2:

TIW really is wonderful - worked out so much better for us than a dining plan would as you can order what you want, how you want and save the money ... plus it saves on adult beverage which we may have consumer one or 20 of ;)

Haha, so after all that you are back to the original 7:45 timeframe for Garden Grill - at least it is working out!

Izzy was happy to run right up to her:

:goodvibes

I actually had to prompt this hug, though, as she didn’t really know what to do with Minnie when she got there:

Star struck, perhaps?

Two versions of borders, since I couldn’t decide which one to post

Tough one. I like the stars one, but the other has the signature.

Photopass also got a shot of the kiss she got:

Awww....

A very friendly Cast Member was working that exit area and Dug really enjoyed chatting with him. The CM actually ended up dancing with wiggly, excited Izzy and was just generally very pleasant and welcoming to everyone who passed by

:) Don't you just love a great CM interaction?

was so strange, as Innoventions was all closed down for construction,

I don't remember seeing that... but then I remembered that the only time I went in was to take a shortcut through to the Land.

Well of course. That's what hands are for.

That took Minnie and Pluto by surprise, but they did play along with it.

:laughing:

But first, we took some Spaceship Earth pictures, of course :rotfl::

A cardinal sin, not to.

I told the CM that Dug’s parents were both retired French teachers and that Dug spoke French, so naturally the CM seemed a bit disappointed at my utter lack of French speaking ability (sorry, I took 4 years of German! :o)

You'd both do quite well on a European trip then.

And, by the way he was acting, I wondered if he wanted me to fill out one for him too?

Ugh. Yuck. No.

I eventually was able to snag an earlier 7pm ADR. Well, it was now just about 7pm. Which would be great if I didn’t still have a FP+ for Soarin’ that needed to be used before dinner :scared: (and we could save the Rider Swap for later). So, we went and asked at the podium what we should do and they told us to go ahead and do Soarin’ and just come back when we were done, so long as it was before 7:45pm. Yay!

Wow! That's pretty nice of them!

I sit down if DS is in the sandbox, but if he's climbing anything I'm nearby too. Even on equipment he is usually proficient at, he has still once or twice slipped and fallen, once with his grandma it was a bad fall. I would rather be on the safe side.

Wonderful character pictures. I love how Izzy is so good at interacting with them. It's adorable.

Yay for TIW! You managed to get it to pay for itself in one trip??? Impressive! I feel like it always takes me a second trip for that, but I don't crunch the numbers so I can never be sure. There are 5 of us this summer and we have 5 main ADRs, so it will definitely help out there!

Isn't is great to meat a CM that you really click with? I love that. Even though it was awkward, I'm glad you filled out that card.

Such cute pictures with Minnie! That is too funny that Izzy was trying to get Minnie and Pluto to swing her.

I'm glad that you had such a great cast member experience that you wanted to recognize him. I think that is what makes Disney so special, is those special interactions. Weird about the other cast member reading it out loud, though.

I'm glad that Garden Grill was able to work with you so you could ride Soarin'!

I just joined and caught up! What an ambitious trip! I can't wait for more. Your daughter sounds adorable and so many times just like our little three-nager. The compromising and refusing to ride sounds just like our DD at DL right around 2 yo. She also had trouble looking at the camera for pictures and frequently looks away even when she knows what we are trying to do. She will only participate for selfies :sad2:
We stayed at BWV a few years ago and while I wasn't all that excited initially I ended up loving it. Your pictures make me miss it.
Anyway, I can't wait to read more!

Good start! Sorry about the tantrum in the airport bathroom, but I'm sure she felt a lot better in her shorts and t-shirt after she went outside #momknowsbest

The Boardwalk villa looks lovely! Would love to stay there one day!

Cronuts are overrated. I'm much rather have a croissant and a donut seperately. Hehe. :cutie:

What cute pictures with Ariel and at Character Spot! That's so cute she was swinging between Pluto and Minnie at the Visa Meet n Greet. One of my nieces loves to do that too (she's 2 as well).

Looks like you are having fun so far!! Izzy is getting independent. I remember traveling with Morgan at that age and clothes and the bathroom were such a chore. Family bathrooms were very few and far between trying to change her on a changing table was fun. I didn't fly with Morgan until she was about 11 so that was pretty easy.
Now Izzy and the Dole Whip with Rum sounds like Morgan in the last 3 years. Thankfully next trip she will be 21!!

You seem to have gotten a lot done in since about 2 pm at Epcot. Can't wait to hear more.

LOVE this Minnie pic - both borders!!

A very friendly Cast Member was working that exit area and Dug really enjoyed chatting with him. The CM actually ended up dancing with wiggly, excited Izzy and was just generally very pleasant and welcoming to everyone who passed by. His name was Brian, from Herndon, VA.

Yay for awesome CMs

well, yeah! o_O

The priority was to get my Tables in Wonderland card (paid for itself on this trip! :teacher:)
Good to know! :thanks: I'm giving some thought to maybe trying for a quick long weekend with DS and my mom in October. (DH just started a new job this spring and doesn't have much leave, but he suggested maybe going to see my parents in Florida for my mom's bday in October) so I was thinking maybe doing Disney instead of going to their place on the Gulf. Being a Florida resident, my mom could get a TIW, but it's probably not worth it for such a quick trip, so I don't really know why I'm babbling, lol. :o

Looking forward to reading about Garden Grill!

Oh that video of her meeting Minnie is so cute. Her reaction after kissing Minnie's nose is adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter