"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

On the Boardwalk

We left off as we had just entered our room, a DVC Studio at Boardwalk Villas. Take a look around:

There was a pack ‘n’ play in that closet too, which we used.

In general, the room felt very large and we had no complaints. :thumbsup2

I really liked the little nook just inside the door. It was big enough to park the stroller and store a couple empty suitcases, plus there was a shelf for tossing things on when you come in (you can also see how we rig up the carseat to the stroller when needed):

As we were exploring, I went out and sat on the balcony for a moment and Izzy followed me. Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it. :eek: Thankfully, I reacted quickly enough to catch her and she walked away without a scratch, but it scared us both. :scared: The table went right to the back of the balcony after that. ::yes:: It was kind-of a bummer that the balcony had a solid wall versus rails. The view was great, but you could only see it if you were standing (and taller than Izzy). We didn’t have much time to spend on the balcony anyway, though, so it wasn’t a big deal for us.

Once we went back inside, Izzy helped herself to the Mickey towel:

She also made herself comfortable on our bed:

What was she doing, you ask? Watching Stacey’s Disney Must-Do’s, of course:

We just did a brief bit of unpacking/moving things around while she watched. I would guess maybe we had Izzy use the potty too. Can’t remember. I did bring along her cushy Minnie Mouse potty seat to leave in the room and she liked having that. However, I didn’t want to lug it to the parks, so I also brought the folding one to keep in our park bag. We discovered very early on in the trip that Izzy didn’t care for that one, though. She always just wanted to use the big potty, so that’s what we ended up doing for most of the trip. Anyway, after checking out the room and getting ourselves together, we were ready to head for Epcot around 3pm.

Looks like Dug was happy to be heading out:

We were only a few doors down from the elevator. Izzy enjoyed pushing the buttons to call the elevator (but we usually pushed the floors inside). When you head out the nearest door on the ground level, this is where you end up:

We headed for the Boardwalk:

I remember this part of the trip being really pleasant. :cloud9: Just strolling along the Boardwalk, Izzy riding in her stroller (spoiler alert: that doesn’t happen often this trip :rolleyes1), just enjoying the fact that we made it there and were headed to Epcot. I always like to savor that beginning-of-trip feeling when you know all the fun is ahead of you. We finally made it out of that toddler tantrum fog and were just feeling good. :)

Our first order of business was getting Izzy some lunch before she took a stroller nap. We had thought we’d probably need to go to Germany for Nudel Gratin or see if we could track down a hot dog somewhere. However, you may have noticed a little stand in one of the pictures above. Well, it was for this:

How perfect! We could get her a corn dog before we even got to Epcot! (Also, I am just now noticing the "frank fact" on that sign: 80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?! :eek: I enjoy hot dogs, but someone else must be enjoying them a lot more to bring the average up to that! :faint:)

We ordered a corn dog and a couple glasses of ice water to share. Izzy wasted no time getting a drink:

We were very surprised that this booth took no Disney money. :confused3 Could not use Magic Band OR Disney Gift Cards to pay. Odd. We just used a credit card, but it seemed strange to be in the Disney bubble and they couldn’t take Disney payments. :confused:

The corn dog took quite a while to make. We checked out our surroundings while we waited. I caught a photo of a bird in flight:

We got a kick out of the window on the Boardwalk Bakery:

Reminded me of being on Main Street and checking out the names in the windows.

We finally got our corndog and it turned out to be the hottest corndog on the face of the Earth! :furious: I carried it and blew on it while we walked to try to cool it down, but it was still scalding. Eventually, I ended up holding the ice water against it to try to make it safe for Izzy to eat:

Even after doing that for a bit, it was STILL too hot. :sad2: We were well into Epcot before I felt comfortable letting Izzy have it.

Almost there:

Yay, the International Gateway:

Our Magic Bands worked without a hitch and we were in, just after 3:30pm:

Do you happen to see a princess in a blue dress up there? :rolleyes1 She does:

Yes, it was a total surprise Ariel meet and greet, up near the bridge to France. :woohoo: I asked the CM if this was common and she said it was quite the surprise to them too. Well, the line wasn’t too long, so we couldn’t pass that up. A few minutes later, we were meeting Ariel. Izzy was a bit hesitant and tired, so she wasn’t overly enthusiastic, but it was a good warm-up meet. She was willing to stand next to Ariel, but didn’t care to hug or high-five her (or talk to her, for that matter :laughing:). Instead, I told Ariel about how Izzy thinks Nemo is her special fishy friend. :fish: Up until recently, Izzy was convinced that Flounder was actually Nemo. I think she’s finally starting to get it now, though. Here’s a few pictures (no Photopass there):

Just how you dream the meet will go :rotfl2::

Bye, Ariel! :wave2: I always try to take video of character meets too, as I find that tells the story better than photos do. I was happy this trip to have a “new” phone (Dug’s old iPhone 5s) that allowed me to take photos while I was taking video. Dug also took photos. (Side note - between the two of us, we took 9000+ photos and 200+ videos on this trip! :faint:) Here’s the sort-of awkward video:

(click to watch)

Up next: Time to Eat! And will my second attempt at a Cronut live up to the hype that my first one did not? All that and more, coming up!

I always say I have never had consistently hot food at a restaurant until I had a toddler that wanted to eat RIGHT NOW!

Izzy is so adorable and her hair is getting so long! I've never seen Ariel in Epcot either, except at Akershus breakfast. Score!

Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it. :eek: Thankfully, I reacted quickly enough to catch her and she walked away without a scratch, but it scared us both. :scared:

Yikes! That's scary! Good job your mom reflexes kicked in! :thumbsup2

Hahahaha! Yoink! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

tumblr_mxamevfbHw1rlxdp2o1_500.gif

Of course she is! What else could she watch?
Are you saying that there is other channels besides Stacey on TV? :scared1:

I wouldn't have known, that's all I have on when I'm in Disney! :rotfl:
Stacey is the Queen! :worship:

Also, I am just now noticing the "frank fact" on that sign: 80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?! :eek: I enjoy hot dogs, but someone else must be enjoying them a lot more to bring the average up to that! :faint:

Hey I'll take your share! :rotfl:

We were very surprised that this booth took no Disney money. :confused3 Could not use Magic Band OR Disney Gift Cards to pay. Odd. We just used a credit card, but it seemed strange to be in the Disney bubble and they couldn’t take Disney payments. :confused:

That is really weird. I thought the whole point of the billions spent on Magic Bands was to phase out these things...not the other way around!

We finally got our corndog and it turned out to be the hottest corndog on the face of the Earth! :furious:

Those puppies really do hold the heat don't they? :earseek:

Yes, it was a total surprise Ariel meet and greet, up near the bridge to France.

I had no clue Ariel met in Epcot other than at Princess Breakfast (I can't remember what its actually called! :laughing:)

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Seriously mom who is this chick?? :laughing:

Still really cute though!

Hi Dugette! I have been very MIA on the boards lately, but just got caught up on your report! I looks like you had a fantastic trip planned and I can't wait to see it all unfold! However, I can NOT believe the airline stewardess actually said that to you about Izzy, while the seat in front of her was reclined! She would definitely have gotten my opinion on that matter, had that happened to us! I just flew home to Indiana, just me and Camryn, and I didn't use a car seat on the plane, my parents have a carseat for us in their vehicle. When we flew to Disney in January, Camryn was 21 months and literally watched Frozen on the iPad the WHOLE trip! This last trip, at 26 months, was rather interesting just me and her and I can see how the car seat restraint would have been beneficial. We'll have to consider that when we go to Disney again Jan 2016. Although, DH likes to *try* to travel as light as possible!

Izzy's meltdown in the airport bathroom reminded me of my favorite Facebook page "Reason's My Son is Crying". All the rediculous reasons our kids have meltdowns. I have been there. At the time you are thinking "are you kidding me??" Eventually you just have to laugh.

Two and a half/three is a hard age, but I do miss it! They say and do the funniest things. You are always wondering what is going on in their head.

I love the pictures with Ariel!

Loving your report so far. I just had to laugh a little about all the stuff you had packed for the flight. But I hear you on how much stuff kids need. I have already started thinking about how I am going to pack for our trip in October and who will carry what to make sure we get it all to where it needs to be. And now that we have 2 kids, I am a little worried about having everything we might need, without packing too much.

That's awesome that you found such a spontaneous Ariel meet and great. I wonder why they made that corn dog so hot that it took that long to cool off. Thank goodness you noticed that and were able to cool it off before handing it straight to Izzy, talk about a disaster.

Yay for Ariel! That's an adorable M&G!! Boo for corn dogs from the molten center of the earth!!

Sometimes the best memories are the ones where we are just walking somewhere picturesque & everyone is in a good mood.

Seems like a great location for your room - at least reading in the TR seems like you were out the room, down the elevator and, bam, on the Boardwalk, which is pretty awesome!

That corndog reminds me of the Seinfeld coder episode. "but a corndog is supposed to be hot!". "not that hot!"

I heard that they use the area you met Ariel for new friends of characters so you get some random meets - but sometimes those are the most memorable :)

I always say I have never had consistently hot food at a restaurant until I had a toddler that wanted to eat RIGHT NOW!
True, it's like the more starving the kid = the hotter the food.

Izzy is so adorable and her hair is getting so long! I've never seen Ariel in Epcot either, except at Akershus breakfast. Score!
Thanks! Yeah, she's getting some length to her hair, finally (the only haircut she's had was that Dec. 2013 one at MK - barely any hair cut). And Ariel was such a random surprise - I mean, we'd just walked into the park and there was an off-schedule character meet. Pretty cool.

Yikes! That's scary! Good job your mom reflexes kicked in! :thumbsup2
My heart was pounding after that one. Nothing like a small table flying over to get your attention. :faint:

:rotfl: Reminds me of another favorite picture - a couple months ago, we celebrated Dug's brother's birthday and I tried to take a picture of the cake. Someone decided to go for a treat before I could snap it, though:

Of course she is! What else could she watch?
Are you saying that there is other channels besides Stacey on TV? :scared1:

I wouldn't have known, that's all I have on when I'm in Disney! :rotfl:
Stacey is the Queen! :worship:
:thumbsup2 She's on every channel, right? ;)

Hey I'll take your share! :rotfl:
Go for it! It just seems like a LOT of hot dogs, even though I like them and all.

That is really weird. I thought the whole point of the billions spent on Magic Bands was to phase out these things...not the other way around!
I know. Just seemed so odd. Wonder why they weren't on the system? :confused3

Those puppies really do hold the heat don't they? :earseek:
Sure do. I couldn't believe how hard it was to cool that thing down.

I had no clue Ariel met in Epcot other than at Princess Breakfast (I can't remember what its actually called! :laughing:)
From what the CM said, I guess it was a rare occurrence. I've never heard of that before either. Glad we lucked out, though.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Seriously mom who is this chick?? :laughing:

Still really cute though!
Thanks! She actually does love Ariel (which will become apparent later in the trip), but she was not warmed up for character meets yet at that point.

Hi Dugette! I have been very MIA on the boards lately, but just got caught up on your report! I looks like you had a fantastic trip planned and I can't wait to see it all unfold!
Glad to see you back! :goodvibes

However, I can NOT believe the airline stewardess actually said that to you about Izzy, while the seat in front of her was reclined! She would definitely have gotten my opinion on that matter, had that happened to us!
I know, it was really unnecessary of her to say that in the tone she did. Dug did say something rather passive aggressive at that point about the recliners in front of us, but nobody seemed to "hear" him. :confused3

I just flew home to Indiana, just me and Camryn, and I didn't use a car seat on the plane, my parents have a carseat for us in their vehicle. When we flew to Disney in January, Camryn was 21 months and literally watched Frozen on the iPad the WHOLE trip! This last trip, at 26 months, was rather interesting just me and her and I can see how the car seat restraint would have been beneficial. We'll have to consider that when we go to Disney again Jan 2016. Although, DH likes to *try* to travel as light as possible!
Haha, Frozen on the iPad is a winner! That's what Izzy did for most of the flight home from Hawaii too. Over and over. For me, I really like having her in the carseat on the plane because she is much calmer than if she's not in it. I found that, as she got older, holding her as a "lap baby" was like wrangling a wild animal the whole flight. :faint: I even brought the carseat on the trip last August, JUST for the plane, as I didn't rent a car or anything. Worth it!

Izzy's meltdown in the airport bathroom reminded me of my favorite Facebook page "Reason's My Son is Crying". All the rediculous reasons our kids have meltdowns. I have been there. At the time you are thinking "are you kidding me??" Eventually you just have to laugh.
I have seen that page too and it's so true! :rotfl2: The most random and ridiculous things can be utterly devastating to them at this age. :sad: (And it's almost impossible to anticipate and prepare for them, since you just don't know what's going to trigger the meltdown).

Two and a half/three is a hard age, but I do miss it! They say and do the funniest things. You are always wondering what is going on in their head.
Absolutely, I'm always telling people that living with a toddler is like living with a tiny comedian - you never know what they're going to say, they aren't afraid to say anything, and it's often hilarious. The other day, Izzy walked into the master bedroom and said to me, "Your room is GREAT! You have a light. And a bathroom. I don't have a bathroom in my room. I can't find it ANYWHERE. I need to go buy one." :lmao:

I love the pictures with Ariel!
Thanks!

Loving your report so far. I just had to laugh a little about all the stuff you had packed for the flight. But I hear you on how much stuff kids need. I have already started thinking about how I am going to pack for our trip in October and who will carry what to make sure we get it all to where it needs to be. And now that we have 2 kids, I am a little worried about having everything we might need, without packing too much.
I cannot imagine how one does it with two kids. :faint: The one trip I took without Izzy since she's been born (for work), I was amazed at how little I actually needed to pack for just myself. I just brought a carry-on and it had everything I needed for 4 days. It felt so weird. It's amazing how many accessories kids come with. :rotfl:

That's awesome that you found such a spontaneous Ariel meet and great.
It was a pretty cool surprise!

I wonder why they made that corn dog so hot that it took that long to cool off. Thank goodness you noticed that and were able to cool it off before handing it straight to Izzy, talk about a disaster.
I guess it was really fresh? :confused3 I always try to check things before handing them off to her - I feel so bad when she takes a bite and yelps in pain, so I try to remember and glad I did here!

Yay for Ariel! That's an adorable M&G!!
Thanks, she was really sweet!

Boo for corn dogs from the molten center of the earth!!
:rotfl2: Well put!

Sometimes the best memories are the ones where we are just walking somewhere picturesque & everyone is in a good mood.
For sure! I felt that way a lot this day, since it was one of our more relaxed days and nobody was too stressed or sleep deprived quite yet. :rolleyes1

Seems like a great location for your room - at least reading in the TR seems like you were out the room, down the elevator and, bam, on the Boardwalk, which is pretty awesome!
Yep, it was very close to the elevator and that let out very close to the Boardwalk, so not bad at all. :thumbsup2

That corndog reminds me of the Seinfeld coder episode. "but a corndog is supposed to be hot!". "not that hot!"
There's a corndog episode of Seinfeld? I need to watch that! :hyper:

I heard that they use the area you met Ariel for new friends of characters so you get some random meets - but sometimes those are the most memorable :)
Oh, that's interesting! I hadn't heard that, but it makes sense. She was very good if she was a new friend of Ariel. :thumbsup2

According to Kenny the Pirate, it's used for training new "friends", so it's kind of random.

Haha, Frozen on the iPad is a winner! That's what Izzy did for most of the flight home from Hawaii too. Over and over. For me, I really like having her in the carseat on the plane because she is much calmer than if she's not in it. I found that, as she got older, holding her as a "lap baby" was like wrangling a wild animal the whole flight. :faint: I even brought the carseat on the trip last August, JUST for the plane, as I didn't rent a car or anything. Worth it!

Since you mentioned "lap baby"...Camryn actually fell asleep about 30 minutes before landing, pretty much about the time I felt us start to decent, on my lap, in my arms, of course. And they MADE me put her in her "seat" and buckle her. I told the guy "she's asleep" and he said it didn't matter. She was 2 years and 2 months, 60 days over being a lap baby. I assume it's a safety thing, and I get that, and I know they have to draw the line somewhere...yada, yada, yada. But they certainly don't make it easy on the little ones! Even Lauren just said she asked for some help down the tarmac and girl had a definitive NO! First world problems, I guess! lol!

Ohhhh the shorts. Poor Izzy and poor you guys! I would have been nervous too about people outside the door - eeep! Walking out saying, it was the shorts...and the shirt...and the socks...errr - other parents would totally get it, though. Love the Ariel M&G. Izzy's all ehhh not so sure about you lady and you don't seem to know Nemo...so no high five for you! :rotfl2:

Good times! Do they tantrum as teenagers too? :scared:

Yes.

Yes they do.

Oh, Gawd.
Yes they do.

Well, were you doing a TR where people often say, "Pictures, or it didn't happen?" :lmao:

:laughing: Not when they were that age.
And they'd shoot me if I posted a pic of them in meltdown mode as teenagers.

she's pretty good at being adorable and I think people have a hard time believing she has a full range of behavior sometimes.

Nah. I don't believe it.

Can you use a Magic Band from a past trip to do that? Well, I guess you wouldn't know your room number with no text, so probably not.

Yes, I could use a previous trip's Magic Band... but you're right. I still wouldn't know the room number.
Plus, I have to pick up the new MB in the lobby too since they don't mail them outside the US.

Now off to read your update!

Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it

Glad she was ok!! That is too bad about the solid wall. I think Aria was able to see, I'll have to look back through pictures but don't remember a solid wall. It's interesting your room was different than mine, was it refurbed? It doesn't look new but has the daybed which mine didn't. We also had a (different) set up by the door but it had lots of space for the stroller as well which was nice.

Of course!! Between that and Duffy and the old Mickey shows we were golden.

She always just wanted to use the big potty, so that’s what we ended up doing for most of the

At least she wanted to use that, sorry she never cared for her travel potty!

I always like to savor that beginning-of-trip feeling when you know all the fun is ahead of you.

Ahh that is the best feeling!

Our first order of business was getting Izzy some lunch before she took a stroller nap.

Funny, we stopped here too. The guy actually forgot our order despite us sitting right there.

80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?!

That is disgusting. While I don't eat hot dogs (which may contribute to Andrew & Aria's lower numbers), they probably have 3 per year on average each. 80?!

Yes, it was a total surprise Ariel meet and greet, up near the bridge to France.

That is so neat!

(Side note - between the two of us, we took 9000+ photos and 200+ videos on this trip! :faint:)

WOW that is crazy! I rarely take videos though did a few this past may. I need to find out how to upload them so I can embed them like you do. Photobucket doesn't work at work.

There's a corndog episode of Seinfeld? I need to watch that! :hyper:

Oh, just to be clear, I was thinking of the episode where Kramer spills coffee on himself and then hires Jackie Chiles (who is a parody of attorney Johnnie Cochran) to sue for it being too hot (making fun of when that person sued McDonald's for the coffee being too hot).

And they argue, but coffee is supposed to be hot, and he counters with "not that hot" ... so made me think that while, yes, your corn dog should be hot, seems like it was way hotter than it needed to be nor expected it would b

We left off as we had just entered our room, a DVC Studio at Boardwalk Villas. Take a look around:

Thanks for the tour! Looks nice.

There was a pack ‘n’ play in that closet too, which we used.

We loved those. Portable, bed, play area and jail all rolled into one!

:rolleyes1

(JK on the jail part. Maybe...)

Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it. :eek:

:eek: HOLY COW!

Thankfully, I reacted quickly enough to catch her and she walked away without a scratch, but it scared us both.

Thank goodness for super mom reflexes!!
You just about gave me a heart attack!
(And I'm guessing you weren't too far from one either!)

The view was great, but you could only see it if you were standing (and taller than Izzy).

Nice to have privacy, but... a view would be nicer.

We didn’t have much time to spend on the balcony anyway, though, so it wasn’t a big deal for us.

I hear you.
I was at my room so little, last trip.

:laughing: Love that shot! Lu already posted the gif that I was thinking of.
Well, actually, I was thinking of the actual bank with the hand that came out... but close enough.

Smart girl.

She always just wanted to use the big potty, so that’s what we ended up doing for most of the trip.

I'm telling you. They get older all of a sudden.
Next thing you know, she'll be asking for the keys to the car.

Don't give them to her.
Toddlers shouldn't drive.

Looks like Dug was happy to be heading out:

He does look a little bit happy, doesn't he! :laughing:

When you head out the nearest door on the ground level, this is where you end up:

Nice. Can it get much more convenient than that???

Looks like Dug isn't the only one who's happy! :goodvibes

I always like to savor that beginning-of-trip feeling when you know all the fun is ahead of you.

::yes:: Best feeling ever. You've got an eternity of fun and happy times stretching out in front of you.

We finally made it out of that toddler tantrum fog and were just feeling good. :)

:goodvibes

However, you may have noticed a little stand in one of the pictures above. Well, it was for this:

Mmmmm.... I think I could live off that menu.
I might die an early death from clogged arteries... but it'd be worth it.

80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?! :eek:

Actually... that doesn't surprise me.
I ate very few hot dogs when I was younger, but DW loves them.
I thought we ate a lot because we have them, oh... well... I guess it varies.
Some months we'll have it twice, other months not at all.
So I guess when you average it out, we have probably less than or close to one a month.
So that's twelve/year.
But if you do it once a week... that's 52/year.
But... if you have two hotdogs at a sitting, and a lot of people do, then you're over 100 for the year.

I'd be so sick of them by then, but to each his or her own, I suppose.

I'd heard that there were some places that didn't take Magic Bands... but until now I'd never heard anyone mention anyplace that didn't.

The corn dog took quite a while to make.

I'll wait for a fresh one. I never have. Everytime I've eaten a corn dog, they've always been ready to go.
Which isn't always a good thing.

We finally got our corndog and it turned out to be the hottest corndog on the face of the Earth! :furious:

Whoops! Downside to fresh, I suppose.

Eventually, I ended up holding the ice water against it to try to make it safe for Izzy to eat:

:laughing: Never would've thought of that.

Yay, the International Gateway:

That's the first picture I've seen of it!

Do you happen to see a princess in a blue dress up there? :rolleyes1 She does:

And yet... she doesn't seem too excited once she's there. :confused3

Cute pic! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

I was happy this trip to have a “new” phone (Dug’s old iPhone 5s) that allowed me to take photos while I was taking video.

I didn't know you could do that.
I guess it makes sense, but... :confused3

(Side note - between the two of us, we took 9000+ photos and 200+ videos on this trip! :faint:)

Whoa! :faint:

Here’s the sort-of awkward video:

That was funny.
"Who's this strange lady who keeps grabbing at me???"

Up next: Time to Eat! And will my second attempt at a Cronut live up to the hype that my first one did not?

Yes! Yes it will! I loved the cronut there!

All that and more, coming up!

Can't wait! :goodvibes

:rotfl: Reminds me of another favorite picture - a couple months ago, we celebrated Dug's brother's birthday and I tried to take a picture of the cake. Someone decided to go for a treat before I could snap it, though:

That hand looks suspiciously like a female adult hand. :rolleyes1

Is that a vacuum cleaner in the closet??

Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it. :eek: Thankfully, I reacted quickly enough to catch her and she walked away without a scratch, but it scared us both.
Oh wow! Scary! I'm glad you caught her, and moving the table away from the wall was definitely a good idea.

You're raising her well. :thumbsup2

Just strolling along the Boardwalk, Izzy riding in her stroller (spoiler alert: that doesn’t happen often this trip :rolleyes1)
:sad2: They never want to ride in the stroller. Especially when it makes the most sense to ride in the stroller.

How perfect! We could get her a corn dog before we even got to Epcot! (Also, I am just now noticing the "frank fact" on that sign: 80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?! :eek: I enjoy hot dogs, but someone else must be enjoying them a lot more to bring the average up to that! :faint:)
Ok, I kind of had the same reaction you had. I thought that was pretty excessive.

But then I figured that 80 hot dogs per year is just over 1.5 per week. I'm a big guy. 1 hot dog doesn't cut it. So if I have 1 hot dog, I'm probably going to have 2. Factor in the occasional chili dog and corn dogs. It might not be such a stretch.

That just doesn't even make sense. They want everything to be so seamless, but they haven't even gotten the Boardwalk vendors in the system yet?

We finally got our corndog and it turned out to be the hottest corndog on the face of the Earth! :furious: I carried it and blew on it while we walked to try to cool it down, but it was still scalding. Eventually, I ended up holding the ice water against it to try to make it safe for Izzy to eat:
I get the fact that they have to cook everything hot enough to meet health codes, but that really is irritating. I'd almost rather get food that was cooked 20 minutes ago and left under a warmer for the kids. They just don't get the concept of having to wait on their food to cool, and it is our fault, as parents, that their food is too hot for them to eat and they have to wait!

Yes, it was a total surprise Ariel meet and greet, up near the bridge to France. :woohoo: I asked the CM if this was common and she said it was quite the surprise to them too. Well, the line wasn’t too long, so we couldn’t pass that up. A few minutes later, we were meeting Ariel.
Not a bad way to start things off! I'm glad the meet went ok, even if she wasn't super eager about it. At least she tolerated Ariel and got one meet under her belt to break the ice.

Side note - between the two of us, we took 9000+ photos and 200+ videos on this trip!
Wow! You guys do a much better job of documenting things than we do. :rolleyes1

As we were exploring, I went out and sat on the balcony for a moment and Izzy followed me. Before I could really even comprehend what was going on, she had climbed up on the little patio table (so that she could see the view over the balcony wall) and immediately toppled it. :eek:

:scared: That would have frightened me

:rotfl2::rotfl: This cracks me up! She got in there quite fast!

Yes! Teaching her the correct stations to watch while at WDW

excellent.jpg

Looks like a gorgeous day!

Love that feeling :love:

(Also, I am just now noticing the "frank fact" on that sign: 80 hot dogs per year per person is average in the U.S.?! :eek: I enjoy hot dogs, but someone else must be enjoying them a lot more to bring the average up to that! :faint:)

We are not big hot dog eaters. I maybe BBQ a package once a Summer and we will sometimes order them at Sonic Burger. So i'm probably eating less than 10 a year. I can't imagine eating 70 more in a year! :faint:

I want to know how many people were saying this out loud to themselves, cause I totally was :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Isn't funny when our food isn't hot enough, we complain and when it's too hot, we complain again! :lmao:But I totally get where you're coming from, especially when our little one's want it LIKE NOW!

This is an adorable shot!

Was this all taken on your phones or did you use a separate camera as well?! Egads you guys have a ton of storage capacity!

tumblr_mxamevfbHw1rlxdp2o1_500.gif

:rotfl::rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl: I think you should make an album in your iPhoto and call it 'Sneaky Izzy Hands' :laughing:

Oh, just to be clear, I was thinking of the episode where Kramer spills coffee on himself and then hires Jackie Chiles (who is a parody of attorney Johnnie Cochran) to sue for it being too hot (making fun of when that person sued McDonald's for the coffee being too hot).

And they argue, but coffee is supposed to be hot, and he counters with "not that hot" ... so made me think that while, yes, your corn dog should be hot, seems like it was way hotter than it needed to be nor expected it would b

I love this episode! "You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on?" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter