"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Izzy seems like she was pretty happy, even with no nap! Glad you got lot accomplished with item drop off, unpacking, sign ups, etc. There just seems so much to learn about DCL!

I'm excited to read about how your Fish Extender exchanges worked out. I remember the process of finding all the gifts in your PTR.

The Sail Away Party looks like lots of fun! Definitely a Disney touch since I don't seem to remember much special on the Carnival Cruise that we took for our Honeymoon!

This makes me long for our DCL cruise in summer 2017. I had hoped to do one every other year, but other vacations got in the way:rolleyes:

While I was in line, I overheard a CM saying that there were timed character meet tickets available there. :earseek: They only had Anna & Elsa ones left, but I was able to get them! :cool1:

SO awesome you got the tickets for that meet!

(a pillowcase for Izzy and a onesie for Lauren’s (@Imagineer5) daughter Maya – she wasn’t yet born and I thought it would be a cute baby gift – plus you’re allowed up to 2 items and I was already giving them fabric markers to use, so it made sense).

LOVE it so much, it's adorable

Yep, she’s still standing there awake. :headache: I think Dug was sleeping on the couch, though. Lauren texted to wish us a good cruise and I remember sending her that picture of how things were starting off. (Don’t worry, we DID have a good cruise). It was 2:55pm now, so not looking great for a solid nap before the 4pm muster drill.

Ugh! LOL! Too funny Dug fell asleep and Izzys just standing there.

Around 3:30pm I headed to the nursery to get Izzy registered. The theme is It’s a Small World:

That's really cute!

I am trying to puzzle out this picture a year later :confused::

Maybe that you were trying to get your bearings on the ship!? IDK

Looks like we passed the toddler splash pad (we’ll get there later in the trip):

Cute, I'm surprised it is sort of indoors?

That aquaduck slide is so awesome!

However, she woke up in an inexplicably upset state and was crying inconsolably. :sad::sad::sad: She was basically out of her mind and unable to communicate, other than crying/screaming.

Ugh I HATE these tantrums! He hasn't had one in many months though and it's usually always after a nap.

And then…she peed all over the floor! :eek: We couldn’t believe it

Oh wow, she really was upset wasn't she??:scared:

Solo time :woohoo::

:cool1:

I lucked out, getting Space Mountain with a window only 15 minutes away:

Wow how does that happen?!

Lucked out again, as Pirates was a walk-on and I was on board at 9:09pm

Seriously, what a great start to your solo night!

After a few moments, though, she came running up and we hugged hello and headed inside. We had only just met, but she felt like a long-lost friend.

Aw Tracy :goodvibes I miss seeing her on the DIS.

It hadn’t been raining, so that was odd. :confused3 And it was so brief. Then I remembered that Dug had just told me about something he’d learned on a podcast: there are sprinklers on the roofs of Fantasyland to make sure any fireworks debris doesn’t cause a fire. The “rain” must have actually been the fireworks sprinklers! How funny!

Very interesting fact, thanks for that!

At any rate, the fireworks view from New Fantasyland was really a unique experience. They basically envelop you from every direction:

Isn't it! We kind of got stuck in that area by accident in 2013 but it was a pretty cool accident!

IMG_5679_zpsnp1w3zq0.jpg

Yay for a 'wesie' with Tracy!

Aw great photo!

:rotfl:

I passed Dole Whip world and there was no line

Cause if there's no line, it's a rule you MUST stop.

Best part was that they didn’t even charge me for them! I asked to pay and they said not to worry about it. Great pixie dust there! pixiedust:

Wow, this night has been working out great for you, hasn't it!

I realized that the ONLY thing I was holding was my phone. OH NO!

Oops, spoke too soon.

Haha, at least I got the color right and, sure enough, they had it!

Thank GOODNESS! That could have ended your solo night on a sour note.

:lmao:I can barely see you!

Woah! This is amazing!

This was basically the no-rules version of the attraction. We could talk, take photos/video, whatever – nobody really cared. So, it was fun.

Seriously, they actually told you to take video and pics?! I've got to stay late one night sometime. How fun!

“But they aren’t as cool…but okay.”

:laughing:That sounds like something i'd say.

Gorgeous.

I stopped in to check and the CM said that they always stay open for about 40 minutes after the park closes.

Really? I knew shopping stayed open, but had no idea that QS places would stay open. Great idea on their part!

So, I got a private ride back to the resort:

Aside from the few minutes of panic with your wallet, you seriously had a perfect night.

I got back a bit after 1am

:scared1::faint:

Love how they display it like that.

Despite all the deliciousness, I left with only what I came for:

Not sure how you're able to just walk away with just milk.

Ha! Now that's different!

Alright, now I can see why you walked away from all that deliciousness. You had some good stuff back in the room waiting for you.

I walked past an old Acura Integra

When I was younger, I had always wanted an Integra. The town over from me would have 'cruise' nights (this was at least 14 years ago) and guys (and some girls!) would cruise the main blvd with their souped up Civics, Eclipses, Celicas and Integras. The two cars I always wanted was an Integra or a Celica. Funnily enough, my dad bought me a Celica when I was around 21 without me even telling him about my desire to have one.

Oh GEEZ!!!

By the time I finally got there, it was 11:56am! :faint: So much for that “20 minutes”, as we’d blown a whole hour!

Ugh that really puts a damper on things i'm sure.

Haha aw poor Izzy.

:lmao:Mickey's probably all confused like, you don't even want a posed shot with me!?

For those that don’t know, these character meets became so popular that Disney started scheduling meet times instead of taking walk-ups. But you had to get a time slot upon boarding and they do run out, which is why this was urgent. Izzy loves meeting characters and I wanted to make sure she didn’t miss out.

Thanks for this. I was trying to figure out what you were talking about! Seems like they've done a few changes since I last boarded in 2011.

Do you see how it goes the entire way around this level? :faint:

Oh my:faint: I would have been totally discouraged and not even gotten in line.

I know, gross, but probably just cleaned.

:lmao:That's how I am too. "DON'T touch the seats!"

However, we didn’t even get to use it, as it immediately got eaten up by something…we think automatic photo syncing.

That stinks!

However, at least Dug and I were able to text through the Disney Cruise app, so that was good.

Wow, another thing they added. That sounds very helpful!

Dug was happy to report he got us the Palo brunch when we wanted it! Yay!

:banana:

And I couldn’t decide between a brownie or ice cream

Isn't that the best thing about buffets?! You don't have to choose, you can have it all!
While I was in line, I overheard a CM saying that there were timed character meet tickets available there. :earseek: They only had Anna & Elsa ones left, but I was able to get them!

Yay! Also, i'm wondering if they'll ever adapt a Character Times 'FP+' for the cruise where you can make your time slots at the 90 day mark:scratchin

:rotfl:She's just standing there looking at you!

I must say, reading this TR is making me realize how little I know about the details of a Disney cruise ... definitely have a lot of homework to do assuming we book one!
You definitely don't have to know a lot, but most of us on these boards tend toward the over-planning, so I had gleaned a few things from the cruise TRs I read and the cruise board.

That moment you are on the veranda and pull away from shore must be a really cool feeling though!
It was great to finally be sailing away! It's that same type of feeling like when you first enter Disney property - the whole vacation is in front of you and it's so exciting!

The "wall" behind Izzy looks like it could move - can they do that if you are a family with rooms next to each other?
I think there are some adjoining balconies, but I guess I'm not really sure of the details. :confused3

Ah, I had never seen the "fish" hooks before - so that makes the name "Fish extender" make a lot more sense!!! Are you glad you did this in the end?
Yep, just extends your fish! :fish:

Did everyone get a magic band for the cruise or just the little ones? That one is pretty darn cute!
Just the little ones. And it's one of those things that you can keep as a souvenir and they will charge you (like $12 or something? Can't recall) or you can return at the end (which we did).

I love all the stories you came up with for what that picture of you pointing to your forehead means. Hopefully it wasn't "yes, I already have a headache"
:headache: No, I doubt it. I really think it meant we thought of something clever, but clearly that thought has come and gone in the last year. :rotfl:

Looks like a good tip to watch the sail away party from one level up - especially when you have a little one as in that crowd could be a bit hectic
Yep, I think that worked out pretty well. I just wish we'd made it up a bit earlier, as we had a hard time finding a spot and the one we did get was very far back.

Wow! You really have to do your homework before a Disney cruise. Good thing you knew all about the character meets, nursery, etc.
Someone could definitely take a Disney cruise without doing homework and have a great time. But we wanted to make sure we got the most out of our time as possible, so I combed these boards for some extra tips which helped! :goodvibes

Your fish extender is really cute! Do you put the gifts in the extender or does the trading family knock on the door and then trade with you?
It's basically a secret Santa kind of thing. People just come by whenever they want and put gifts into the pockets on your fish extender. You come back to your room and find them (or once we were in our room and heard something, so I watched through the peephole, then got the stuff when they left :rotfl:).

I know you have to do the muster drills on a cruise. Could Dug have skipped it and continued with his nap or do they take attendance? I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions.
No problem with the questions. :goodvibes And the muster drills are mandatory. They do take attendance. This is why I knew Izzy wouldn't get much of a nap - since we'd have to get her up for this.

If you can't remember one picture taken from a year ago, you're doing really good. I come back from two weeks off for Christmas Break and can't remember half my students' names!
Yeah, I don't really trust my memory, so I try to give myself hints. Like all these pictures. And I try to write my notes right after the trip (if not on the trip) or I'd be clueless. I really rely heavily on the notes and pictures at this point.

That aquaduck looks awesome! A family friend took her kids and grandkids on a Disney cruise (I think Fantasy) and couldn't get the grandkids off the aquaduck to go in to the ports of call. She said she could have saved a lot of money if she had just taken them to Great Wilderness Lodge!
Ha, yeah it is a fun slide. :rotfl:

Because it can't be said enough, Izzy is just a doll!
Aw, thank you! :flower3:

Izzy seems like she was pretty happy, even with no nap! Glad you got lot accomplished with item drop off, unpacking, sign ups, etc. There just seems so much to learn about DCL!
She did pretty good that day. And we did okay on our to-do list, all things considered.

I'm excited to read about how your Fish Extender exchanges worked out. I remember the process of finding all the gifts in your PTR.
It worked out quite well. I'll get to more detail, but people were very creative and generous. And Izzy LOVED getting gifts daily! :rotfl2:

The Sail Away Party looks like lots of fun! Definitely a Disney touch since I don't seem to remember much special on the Carnival Cruise that we took for our Honeymoon!
It was a nice touch. Good way to start things off and get everyone in the spirit!

This makes me long for our DCL cruise in summer 2017. I had hoped to do one every other year, but other vacations got in the way:rolleyes:
I know the feeling of other vacations getting in the way. There are always so many thing we want to do and limited time and money. Wish we could do all the trips!

SO awesome you got the tickets for that meet!
I was quite pleased with that, as I had no idea they would have leftovers there.

LOVE it so much, it's adorable
Glad you do! I think I have pictures later when I get it back with the signatures.

Ugh! LOL! Too funny Dug fell asleep and Izzys just standing there.
Yep, I would have preferred the other way around, but I guess at least someone was rested up. :rotfl:

That's really cute!
It was cute and reminded me of the ride.

Maybe that you were trying to get your bearings on the ship!? IDK
:confused3 Beats me.

Cute, I'm surprised it is sort of indoors?
I think it was tucked under a roof off to the side, so nice and shady.

That aquaduck slide is so awesome!
It is really cool. Wish I could have done it more.

Ugh I HATE these tantrums! He hasn't had one in many months though and it's usually always after a nap.
Yep, they are bad. I would say that Izzy's are usually because she NEEDS a nap, but waking her up early isn't good either. :sad2:

Oh wow, she really was upset wasn't she??:scared:
::yes:: She was borderline delirious, I'd say.
:woohoo:

Wow how does that happen?!
Great luck or a weird night at MK, not sure. :confused3

Seriously, what a great start to your solo night!
It really was!

Aw Tracy :goodvibes I miss seeing her on the DIS.
Me too. I am half-tempted to go cross-post those updates on her abandoned TR since she never got to it. :scratchin

Very interesting fact, thanks for that!
You are very welcome.

Isn't it! We kind of got stuck in that area by accident in 2013 but it was a pretty cool accident!
Fun to have a little different perspective on things.

Yay for a 'wesie' with Tracy!

Aw great photo!
Thanks!

Too much fun!

Cause if there's no line, it's a rule you MUST stop.
Yes, definitely a rule. ::yes::

Wow, this night has been working out great for you, hasn't it!
::yes::

Oops, spoke too soon.
:rotfl:

Thank GOODNESS! That could have ended your solo night on a sour note.
I was so relieved!

:lmao:I can barely see you!
I had to do a double-take to make sure this was actually my picture. :rotfl2:

Woah! This is amazing!
Pretty cool.

Seriously, they actually told you to take video and pics?! I've got to stay late one night sometime. How fun!
They didn't tell us to do it, but didn't tell us not to either. Really, just nobody cared what anyone did - it was like the no-rules-enforced showing. I enjoyed just strutting in and plopping down in a seat right in the middle. :thumbsup2

:laughing:That sounds like something i'd say.
:goodvibes

Gorgeous.
If they hadn't been rushing me along (with their looks in my direction), I could have stayed there for a while to savor the pretty views.

Really? I knew shopping stayed open, but had no idea that QS places would stay open. Great idea on their part!
I always thought it was just shopping too, but Casey's was a great surprise.

Aside from the few minutes of panic with your wallet, you seriously had a perfect night.
I agree!

Oh, just wait until I get to covering the 24 hour day (night). :rolleyes1

Love how they display it like that.
:thumbsup2

Not sure how you're able to just walk away with just milk.
Haha, it took some self-restraint. And it helped that we'd had two of the items the night before.

Ha! Now that's different!
Seemed like they should at least draw a hidden Mickey up there or something. :earboy2:

Alright, now I can see why you walked away from all that deliciousness. You had some good stuff back in the room waiting for you.
::yes::

When I was younger, I had always wanted an Integra. The town over from me would have 'cruise' nights (this was at least 14 years ago) and guys (and some girls!) would cruise the main blvd with their souped up Civics, Eclipses, Celicas and Integras. The two cars I always wanted was an Integra or a Celica. Funnily enough, my dad bought me a Celica when I was around 21 without me even telling him about my desire to have one.
Way to go, Dad! :goodvibes I had decided I wanted an Integra in college when I checked out all the cars as I walked to class. They looked nice and had great reliability/longevity, so that sold me.

Oh GEEZ!!!
Yep, that's how I felt.

Ugh that really puts a damper on things i'm sure.
It did - I felt like so much of my planning was flying out the window on this trip.

Haha aw poor Izzy.
Poor sleepy kiddo.

:lmao:Mickey's probably all confused like, you don't even want a posed shot with me!?
I'm sure he was. Izzy was still really upset, so I just wanted to get us out of there and board the ship, but figured I owed Mickey an explanation for why she was so unhappy to see him.

Thanks for this. I was trying to figure out what you were talking about! Seems like they've done a few changes since I last boarded in 2011.
And now I hear that they are bookable online? (from others here) That's cool!

Oh my:faint: I would have been totally discouraged and not even gotten in line.
I didn't last long. I had hope it would move fast, but it was a lost cause.

:lmao:That's how I am too. "DON'T touch the seats!"
But sometimes they just move too darn fast! I mean, can't a girl take a quick picture of the mirror in an empty restroom? Nope, not with a toddler there. :rotfl:

That stinks!
We were bummed, but got over it. Weren't willing to pay for more, so we had to live without.

Wow, another thing they added. That sounds very helpful!
It was a nice feature!

Isn't that the best thing about buffets?! You don't have to choose, you can have it all!
I do like that feature - especially when you get to the desserts!

Yay! Also, i'm wondering if they'll ever adapt a Character Times 'FP+' for the cruise where you can make your time slots at the 90 day mark:scratchin
Sounds like they are doing something similar now, according to reports here. I need to read up on that, though.

:rotfl:She's just standing there looking at you!
::yes:: Just happy to stand there and not nap. :headache:

Travel Plans

So, I posted a while back on here about all of our travel choices for the next couple years and our indecision about what to do next. We finally have a next trip booked. :cool1: Despite me really longing to go on another Disney cruise as I write these updates, we're going to forgo our onboard booking discount ( :sad: ) and put that idea on hold for some indefinite time in the future (unless they let us extend it further than next May, which will be two years since we booked). Big reasons come back to cost (and not having enough $$$ to get WDW tickets before/after the cruise...which would mean missing out on new things, despite being so close), wanting to do a different cruise vs. the exact same one we did before (not sure which, though), and concern over the Zika virus (I don't really know how concerned I should be, but I also don't want to worry all vacation).

Today is a sort of significant day. Exactly two years ago today, Izzy and I were heading home from a trip we took to WDW with Lauren (@Imagineer5 ) and her daughter Aria. We had a great time together! Well, exactly 6 months from today, I should be able to say I am doing the exact same thing! :hyper: However, this time Dug will be there too and Lauren's baby Maya will be along (and will have just turned 1 by that time). I think it will be a great time! :goodvibes

Our reasons to choose WDW were really:
1.) Less expensive than the cruise, which leaves us some travel money to go see my cousins in Portland this year as well - which is something we've really been wanting to do.
2.) New stuff! Hopefully Rivers of Light and Frozen Ever After and such will be open by then!
3.) Izzy should be tall enough to ride all the 40" rides for the first time! :woohoo: And she is a little thrill-seeker, so I think she will love them! And what better way to ride them than with a little friend! Right now, she's 39" without shoes, so I think she can manage to get to 40" with shoes in 6 months. ::yes::
4.) Hanging out with Disney-loving friends in WDW is hard to pass up. :goodvibes

We are each doing our own separate trips, but planning to meet up for ADRs (and we have a LOT of them) and lots of rides as well (just imagine all the Fast Pass/Rider Swapping scenarios!) We need to work out all the plans, but should be a great time and hopefully a lot less challenging than this trip I'm writing about. Izzy will be 4 in September ( :faint: ) and is a lot more reasonable about things now than she was then. She still gets upset and has her tantrums once in a while, but can generally be talked out of them. Yay for verbal and communication skills! :cool1:

I think we are going to try to coordinate a PTR/TR combo - planning this trip while reminiscing about the trip 2 years ago, since it still doesn't have a TR! :eek: (I know, two TR writers go to WDW and there's no TR. :rotfl: :confused3 Too busy taking other trips, though! :laughing:) I'm not sure when we'll start that, but I'll keep you posted. She's currently writing about her France trip (awesome, by the way!) and I'm doing this one and our first Hawaii trip at once. I only have one day left of Hawaii, but then a whole second HI trip to cover. And 5 days at Disneyland. So, yeah, maybe I should just write 4 reports at once. :rotfl2: (Because, clearly, I'm SO good at juggling them. :rolleyes2)

Beyond this, our plans are to go to VA/DC for Dug's cousin's wedding during the summer of 2017. Dug has never been to DC and it's on his bucket list, so this works out really well. Then, save up the rest of 2017 and all of 2018's travel budget to get to France (and Disneyland Paris, of course). There are still so many other trips we want to take, but hopefully that will be enough to satisfy our travel appetite (and it certainly will be enough to write about :faint:).

For WDW, we are planning to arrive 12/7 and Lauren will arrive 12/8, both leaving 12/13. We made ADRs (other than a couple troublesome ones and unreleased packages). We have plane tickets and park tickets and Pop Century reservations. Can't wait to get back to our happy place! :hyper:

And, as a reward for getting through all that text, enjoy some pics of Izzy yesterday as she showed off how she and Marie the cat matched:

That sounds like an awesome trip planned for December and having friends to share it with just puts it over the top -- the best of some many worlds.... family, friends, the Holidays and Disney! WOO HOO :cool1: BTW, Izzy is just looking more and more grown up and adorable!!!

Thanks for sharing about your travel plans! I've been wondering what you decided! Enjoying your detailed trip report, too, as usual. :) Love the fish extender design. And so exciting to be hearing about your cruise. We are planning our 1st one for 2019, so I'm like you with the planning pretty far in advance. Hey, if you later would like Disneyland Paris tips, let me know. Our trip was just last fall - I had a lot to learn, but took notes & remember it well. Dreamy castle... You will have fun!

Great picture of you and Izzy, and beautiful view!
We also put out our “fish extender.” For those that don’t know, this is a way to exchange small gifts with DIS-ers in other cabins throughout the cruise. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get involved, since I knew it meant extra work in picking things out and preparing gift bags, but Dug thought it sounded fun, so we signed up on our cruise thread on the DIS. The fish extender is typically a hanging pocket type thing that you hang from your fish with your room # by the cabin door. Some make their own, but I am not the crafty type, so I got one customized from someone on Etsy:

This is adorable! I love this idea. I will keep it in mind whenever I get to go on a Disney cruise.
While I was in line, I overheard a CM saying that there were timed character meet tickets available there. :earseek: They only had Anna & Elsa ones left, but I was able to get them! :cool1:
Nice!!
Around 3:30pm I headed to the nursery to get Izzy registered. The theme is It’s a Small World:

Too cute!
They gave me a cute little Magic Band for her:

How adorable! A perfect little souvenir for Izzy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
For WDW, we are planning to arrive 12/7 and Lauren will arrive 12/8, both leaving 12/13. We made ADRs (other than a couple troublesome ones and unreleased packages). We have plane tickets and park tickets and Pop Century reservations. Can't wait to get back to our happy place! :hyper:
Yay! That is so exciting you planned a trip back to WDW - and with friends! Looking forward to hearing more about the plans@
And, as a reward for getting through all that text, enjoy some pics of Izzy yesterday as she showed off how she and Marie the cat matched:

Too cute! And I'm laughing to myself because I have that same Marie stuffed animal..

I somehow got way, way behind over here but just caught up and am enjoying reading about the cruise portion of the trip!

Your solo night at MK looks like so much fun!

I remember that long line for the tickets on the cruise. My in-laws boarded the ship way before us and were supposed to get the character breakfast tickets for us, but failed to do so. So by the time I waited in line, the only breakfast tickets were for our Palo brunch day/time :sad2: I did end up getting Anna & Elsa tickets though.

Yay for another Disney trip and so cool that you are meeting up with Lauren and the girls again. What a great time to go, too! I hope to make it there in December at some point in the next couple of years. I can't believe that Izzy will be 4!

So excited for the December trip!! <3 And I also can't believe Izzy will be FOUR! THey'll both be 4 at that time :) it'll be so much fun, and can't wait for them to be little ride buddies.

That sounds like a great trip! It's such a fun time of year to visit and going with friends is even more fun!!

Such fun plans! I'd love to go to WDW in December!
And wow how big Izzy has grown! Love the most recent pictures of her! So cute!

So.... wow, did I ever get far behind!
I kept seeing your TR in my unread watched list, but knew I just didn't have the time.
Finally got some.
I didn't take detailed quotes, since it would run way too long, so I'll just make a few comments.

Too bad about Izzy having the melt down before going to MK. These things happen and it sounds like you handled it well.
Fun solo night! I still can't believe that BTMRR was almost a walk on! It's on my Disney bucket list to ride it at night... and you did it with almost no wait!
You met Tracy!! I miss her. I checked and the last time she posted on the DIS was back in November.
Totally sucks about the long delay between dropping off the car and boarding. I would've been so stressed!
I like your cabin too. I know it's called a "family" cabin, but I can't imagine four people when two are adults or almost adults in there. But for your family, it looks just about perfect.

And...

omg! Look at the hair! What a cutie! :goodvibes

Hey there! I have actually been reading along for some time now, but more of a lurker than a poster so haven't said anything These pictures have lured me out of lurkdom! She is so darn cute! It almost makes me wish my own littles were little again (they are 16 and 14 now)...almost. LOL

I have to say, the once in a great while break down that she has...It seems not so bad because all the rest of the time she just seems to be so mild tempered and sweet. She goes along with almost everything with out a peep. The pictures of her standing there quietly in her crib just made me laugh. Your reactions to her melt down were perfect and I think that your parenting skills are very apparent in how she rarely gets upset. I see so many people at the parks and just on vacation in general that get mad because of the way their littles are acting... and truth be told, it is more than likely the fault of the parent for not recognizing that their child is tired and exhausted and they just keep trying to push them further.

That sounds like an awesome trip planned for December and having friends to share it with just puts it over the top -- the best of some many worlds.... family, friends, the Holidays and Disney! WOO HOO :cool1: BTW, Izzy is just looking more and more grown up and adorable!!!
Totally agree - there is a lot that is ideal about this trip. We love that time of year at WDW, there are many new things we should be able to do, and hanging out with friends that love Disney is the best! :goodvibes And, thank you - I cannot believe what a big girl she is!

Thanks for sharing about your travel plans! I've been wondering what you decided! Enjoying your detailed trip report, too, as usual. :) Love the fish extender design. And so exciting to be hearing about your cruise. We are planning our 1st one for 2019, so I'm like you with the planning pretty far in advance. Hey, if you later would like Disneyland Paris tips, let me know. Our trip was just last fall - I had a lot to learn, but took notes & remember it well. Dreamy castle... You will have fun!
Thanks! :goodvibes Very cool that you are planning a cruise! I'm not sure when we'll get back on one, but we definitely want to - it's a great combination of two of my favorite trips - cruising and Disney. Oooh, Disneyland Paris tips would be great. I'm not even sure what to ask at this point, but as we get closer (probably early 2018?), I'm sure I'll be posting more about it. Are you planning any sort of TR for it?

Great picture of you and Izzy, and beautiful view!
Thank you, I like that one a lot too!

This is adorable! I love this idea. I will keep it in mind whenever I get to go on a Disney cruise.
It turned out to be a lot of fun and a good way to feel connected to others on the cruise.

I was so excited that I got those! :cool1:

Too cute!
It was pretty adorable.

How adorable! A perfect little souvenir for Izzy!
I know, cute! We actually didn't take it with us, though. You can, but they charge you like $12 or something and we figured Izzy already had enough Magic Bands, so we returned it before we got off the ship.

Yay! That is so exciting you planned a trip back to WDW - and with friends! Looking forward to hearing more about the plans@
Thanks, I think it will be a blast!

Too cute! And I'm laughing to myself because I have that same Marie stuffed animal..
:rotfl: Well, who can resist, she's a pretty cute stuffed animal. Maybe you can dress as her twin too. :goodvibes

I somehow got way, way behind over here but just caught up and am enjoying reading about the cruise portion of the trip!
No worries, I got a few updates done in a row to get the cruise portion going. Clearly, I've slowed down again, though. :blush:

Your solo night at MK looks like so much fun!
It was a great time! Just what I needed.

I remember that long line for the tickets on the cruise. My in-laws boarded the ship way before us and were supposed to get the character breakfast tickets for us, but failed to do so. So by the time I waited in line, the only breakfast tickets were for our Palo brunch day/time :sad2: I did end up getting Anna & Elsa tickets though.
Aw, that's a bummer! Glad you also got A&E tickets, though.

Yay for another Disney trip and so cool that you are meeting up with Lauren and the girls again. What a great time to go, too! I hope to make it there in December at some point in the next couple of years. I can't believe that Izzy will be 4!
Well, you should try this December. ;) I realized we now have a pattern of going every 3 years in December (2010, 2013, 2016). It is one of our favorite times to go, but probably won't be happening once Izzy is in school. And, yes, I also cannot believe she will be 4 so soon! :faint:

So excited for the December trip!! <3 And I also can't believe Izzy will be FOUR! THey'll both be 4 at that time :) it'll be so much fun, and can't wait for them to be little ride buddies.
Haha, that's cool that they'll be in that window where they are the same age! Yay for ride buddies! :goodvibes I also think it should be fun for them to have a friend their age to hang out with - Izzy was trying to play with some older kids in our neighborhood tonight and they were completely ignoring her and she couldn't understand why (they were like 8-9, I'd say, and probably didn't want to be slowed down by a 3-year-old). Poor thing was so heartbroken :sad1: - wish there were more kids her age that lived near us. At least she has her daycare buddies M-F. And her Disney buddy! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great trip! It's such a fun time of year to visit and going with friends is even more fun!!
Totally agree - I think we'll have a great time! :hyper:

Such fun plans! I'd love to go to WDW in December!
And wow how big Izzy has grown! Love the most recent pictures of her! So cute!
December (well, early December) is probably our favorite time to go. Mild weather, holiday magic, low crowds, etc. You should try it! :goodvibes

And thanks on the pics. I cannot believe how much of a "kid" she is now versus a toddler or baby. Goes so fast.

So.... wow, did I ever get far behind!
I kept seeing your TR in my unread watched list, but knew I just didn't have the time.
Finally got some.
I didn't take detailed quotes, since it would run way too long, so I'll just make a few comments.
No problem, it's so easy to get way behind when you get busy with real life.

Too bad about Izzy having the melt down before going to MK. These things happen and it sounds like you handled it well.
Thanks, it was definitely a rough time. Worked out okay, but not much fun in the moment.

Fun solo night! I still can't believe that BTMRR was almost a walk on! It's on my Disney bucket list to ride it at night... and you did it with almost no wait!
It worked out really well! I lucked out with the short waits that night.

You met Tracy!! I miss her. I checked and the last time she posted on the DIS was back in November.
I miss her too! Wow, she's been away from here for far too long. :sad:

Totally sucks about the long delay between dropping off the car and boarding. I would've been so stressed!
I was really stressed, especially waiting at that drawbridge. Just not moving at all while I could SEE the ship was making me crazy. :crazy2:

I like your cabin too. I know it's called a "family" cabin, but I can't imagine four people when two are adults or almost adults in there. But for your family, it looks just about perfect.
It was perfect. And there was a top bunk over the couch that came down from the ceiling for a 4th bed (that we didn't use). Some of the family cabins also have a 5th murphy bed, but our didn't.

And...

omg! Look at the hair! What a cutie! :goodvibes
Aw, thanks! :flower3:

Hey there! I have actually been reading along for some time now, but more of a lurker than a poster so haven't said anything These pictures have lured me out of lurkdom! She is so darn cute! It almost makes me wish my own littles were little again (they are 16 and 14 now)...almost. LOL
Yay for coming out of lurkdom! :goodvibes Thanks for saying hi! So, sounds like teenagers might be preferable to toddlers? :scratchin That's actually pretty re-assuring, since I've heard some co-workers and friends talking about how challenging those years are.

I have to say, the once in a great while break down that she has...It seems not so bad because all the rest of the time she just seems to be so mild tempered and sweet. She goes along with almost everything with out a peep. The pictures of her standing there quietly in her crib just made me laugh. Your reactions to her melt down were perfect and I think that your parenting skills are very apparent in how she rarely gets upset. I see so many people at the parks and just on vacation in general that get mad because of the way their littles are acting... and truth be told, it is more than likely the fault of the parent for not recognizing that their child is tired and exhausted and they just keep trying to push them further.
Thanks for your kinds words. :flower3: We try our best - I think it's a combination of her naturally being a pretty good kid and us trying to parent effectively for the person she is. We do feel like we lucked out that she is a sweet, smart, fun, agreeable person most of the time. The older she gets, the more opinionated and bossy she is, so we are working on that these days, but she is generally a good kid. I agree that you see all sorts of meltdowns in Disney and some are probably preventable. Hard to know what's going on with anyone else, though. I might just be catching a bad moment, who knows. I do always try to recognize that she is young and doesn't know how to act/react until we teach her, though - I make an effort to understand where she's at and help her to learn the whats and whys of the world, rather than just getting upset with her. We're all learning how to do our parent/kid roles better all the time, though.

Exploring Andy’s Room

After sailing away, we headed back to the elevators and saw this guy on the way:

We were headed back to the Nursery to get Izzy signed up for the additional hours we needed. I can’t remember if I mentioned this already, but the nursery is for kids under 3 years old and they charge a fairly reasonable rate – I think it was $9/hour. Whenever we next cruise with Disney, since Izzy will be over 3, she will be able to utilize the Kids Clubs for free. But the nursery worked out just fine for this trip. :thumbsup2

While I got her signed up for additional time slots, Dug and Izzy explored the place:

The Cast Members there were always very friendly and helpful.

You can see the nap area in that last picture with all the cribs.

We also made sure that Izzy knew where to find the cute little potty in the nursery. I think she may have even used it while we were there? :confused3

After that, around 5:20pm, we headed over to check out the open houses at the Kids Clubs – the Oceaneers Club and Lab. It was nice that they had this time where anyone could come in and explore before they started checking in kids:

My favorite thing was Andy’s room from Toy Story:

Izzy made a little racecar friend:

And then on to another room to find Mike Wazowski:

Love the doors and everything!

There was another room that was a Tinker Bell setting with movies and games:

After that exploration, I ran back to the stateroom to grab our dinner tickets while Dug and Izzy waited in the lobby or something. I admired other Fish Extenders on the way:

I noted we were not too far from a laundry room:

Big empty hallway:

Cute stateroom doors:

Sorry, but Photobucket won’t let me rotate these next couple photos, so just tilt your head, I guess. o_O :laughing: Looks like we got some nursery schedules/info:

And here are the day’s character meets:

We will do a couple of these after dinner. :rolleyes1

I grabbed our dining tickets and headed back out, admiring these magnets on someone’s door:

Back to the beautiful atrium:

And I found Dug and Izzy waiting for me outside the dining room (Enchanted Garden that night):

Up next: Time to meet our table-mates and servers and enjoy some dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter