"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

This kid is probably much less likely to get lost than I am. :laughing: (In fact, she gets angry when I make a wrong turn...then tells me where I need to go. Seriously).
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Who needs a GPS when you have an Izzy?

We were excited to be heading to the Sci Fi’s Star Wars Galactic Breakfast this morning. Dug forgot to wear the Darth Vader w/bacon shirt that I’d found him for this day (“come to the dark side, we have bacon” :darth:), but he had another Star Wars shirt on, so good enough.
Too bad he wore the wrong shirt, but this one was a good one too!

He was giving advice to a WDW newbie about anything and everything at WDW. And he was doing a pretty good job, but he totally lost me when he recommended Stitch’s Great Escape as a fun attraction. o_O
I could see myself giving that advice just to mess with someone. I mean really, as long as the other info was good and helpful, encouraging them to ride an attraction that might not make most must do lists isn't all that evil... :rolleyes1

Star Wars preview playing on screen, I guess (remember, this was well before the "new" movie came out):
:chewy:, we're home!

They brought out a pastry platter for each row, so it was WAY too many, but we were all able to nibble at whichever ones we wanted:
Dug hit the jackpot!

Our waitress wasn’t terribly friendly, but she was fine. I also have noted that I ran to the restroom once and had to take Izzy a bit later – and we were very close to it, which was a big perk during this trip! :thumbsup2
Always helpful when you have a child who wants to go every 2.5 minutes.

That breakfast looks awesome! Especially fun if you're a Star Wars fan (like me :)). I'm not sure I would be able to drag the three ladies in my life to it though. They do not share my love things in a galaxy far, far away.

I haven't noticed anything about a breakfast like that one for this year. I guess with the cancellation of Star Wars Weekends all that stuff is on hold until the new land is done. I'll have to hope for something then.

That's funny about Izzy with the elevator and reminded me of the story from your min-trip where the naked kid came out of the elevator - so probably for the best you had that learning experience for her!

I definitely think that counts as on time - especially to an early breakfast ADR!

Just picturing Izzy thinking "who's this guy that isn't excited to meet me? everyone else gives me hugs!"

I read mixed reviews of the food for this event but yours, especially Dug's entree, looks pretty good!

Ok, so I am not that hard core of a Sar Wars fan but was Dug's hand signal for something? I noticed him doing it in both pictures :confused3

I forgot that this was before the new movie came out and getting to see the previews was probably pretty cool!

Oh breakfast looks like so much fun! I bet there will be more opportunities like this when the new land opens up. Pretty cool spot to have it though, at Sci Fi where they can chance up the movies to match the theme of the meal.

My notes also are reminding me that Izzy got very good at using the elevator.

Unlike a certain nude little boy...

(In fact, she gets angry when I make a wrong turn...then tells me where I need to go. Seriously).

:laughing: No!
Soon you'll grow dependant on her and then she'll grow up and move out and you'll be perpetually lost.

Cute shot of the family!

We were excited to be heading to the Sci Fi’s Star Wars Galactic Breakfast this morning.

Cool!

Dug forgot to wear the Darth Vader w/bacon shirt that I’d found him for this day (“come to the dark side, we have bacon” :darth:), but he had another Star Wars shirt on, so good enough.

No. Not good enough.
Not having bacon is never good enough.

So, so disappointed.

He was giving advice to a WDW newbie about anything and everything at WDW. And he was doing a pretty good job, but he totally lost me when he recommended Stitch’s Great Escape as a fun attraction. o_O

First rule of evil genius. Tell enough of the truth to sucker them in, then hit them with the ultimate lie.

Izzy was happy to find grass to run around in:

I so want to photoshop "Keep off the grass" onto that sign.

Who wouldn't want a life size Han Solo frozen in carbonite???

We hopped in the car out front and a nice guy offered to take a family picture for us.

"And we never saw our camera again."

And then it was Izzy’s turn…to go show Darth Vader her shirt and probably wonder why he wasn’t all excited and hugging her :rotfl2::

:lmao: "Why didn't that princess hug me?"

We were each given little lightsabers that could alternate between blue and red:

Cool!

Star Wars preview playing on screen

D'oh!
I was going to ask what Izzy thought of the Sci Fi clips on the screen.

:sad2:

What the heck is that? It looks like a pickle???
No way it's a pickle, though. Can't be!
But it sure looks like one.

Dug ordered the Kessel Run (beef tenderloin):

mmmm... that looks good!

Up next: Well, this…

Pin trading? I really have no idea, of course.

She’s still pretty healthy and living on her own at 88!

Aw so cute! My grandma moved into a Retirement home about 2 years ago but she was living all by herself until 94! :scared1:

(yes, she still likes them and fits in them, so why not?)

Wow that must be nice!

And she totally looks like a small tween here:

A glimpse into your future perhaps?!

Woah! What is that ground beef looking thing in the middle back??

The kid does NOT break character!

:rotfl:

IMG_3973_zpsrudt9zsx.jpg

You did this yourself behind your head? Or do you pull it over to the side and braid it? Ugh, i've tried and tried but just can't do it behind my head. The only braid I do is the fishtail cause it's on the side.

we passed this conference room on the way to breakfast and Dug and I both had a good (rather immature) laugh at the “Lamers”’ expense

Tee hee :laughing: Yep, we're immature too and totally would have laughed so you're not alone!

So, she immediately responded that it would be $20 and we had a choice of two different floor plans. Um, $20?!?

Major score:cool1:

(And, yes, we realized afterwards that we are not good readers, as the carts say not to bring them in the rooms – oops! :rotfl:)

:rotfl2:Blame it on the excitement of the $20 upgrade!

Like, apparently you need to be thinking, “I’d like a cookie, but that’s just not sweet enough. I think it needs to be covered in a giant pile of candy bars and M&Ms, then drizzled with chocolate before I’d eat it.” :lmao: Those things were HUGE! :faint:

Those look amazing!

AWW Baby Izzy!

She does not seemed pleased about this...

I didn’t realize at first that this play area allowed kids to wander to another side and go down slides there too. Made it VERY hard to keep track of her. One time, she told me which slide she was going to, but never showed up. I had to wander around and search for her and eventually found her going down a slide on the other side. :scared:

Oh no, that would freak me right out. I'm already having anxiety about Summer approaching and taking Calvin to his Grandma's pool. But we have to get prepped for Aulani!

They were playing 80’s music out there, which was awesome.

Whirlpool and 80's music?? Sign me up! :wave:

But, no, it was just him. And I realized that he was terrified and lost. (And I think we can all agree this situation is one of everyone’s worst nightmares :scared1:)

That poor boy how scary that must have been for him! Now that DS is really starting to become more 'adventurous', next time we're at WDW, i'll be looking at those temporary tattoos with our name and number on them in case he runs off and gets lost.

(I had in mind that the Kids Club CMs at Aulani were not allowed to touch kids at all if they needed help in the bathroom and felt that I should be extra cautious too).

Good to know. He has problems with his buttons, but i'm assuming they can at least help with that? Or maybe not?

I was literally looking at Rope Courses a few hours ago, how funny! I'd love to do something like that!

Wow must be a very popular place to have so many delivery vehicles.

Doritos on top of a pizza?!?! :faint::faint::faint::banana:

This kid is probably much less likely to get lost than I am. :laughing: (In fact, she gets angry when I make a wrong turn...then tells me where I need to go. Seriously).

:lmao:

Good Lord, I hope he was being facetious.

We checked in for breakfast only a few minutes after 8am, so we’ll call this ADR arrival “on time.” ::yes::

Heck yes! I'd say anything within 15 minutes with a toddler is on time ::yes::

How adorable! I love how they're both looking down at her.

Oops lost my other quotes, but in summary, breakfast looks good!

The breakfast looks and sounds like fun! Do they still do this now? I don't remember reading too much about it!
I think it was just a special SWW event. I hope they bring it back, though, it seems like a really good use of existing space to get in more dining options.

This is one of the things that I regret about not being able to go to Star Wars Weekends. All of us were looking forward to it. It looks like you guys had a great time. The bacon shirt sounds awesome:rotfl2:I know many vegetarians who swear that bacon is the only meat they regret they can't eat. I refer to it as the gateway meat, so that shirt sounds perfect.
Haha, funny about the bacon. I really hope they bring that breakfast back some day! It's a fun thing to do, but not something I feel a need to do every time (rather expensive!) Glad we got to experience it, though.

:thumbsup2

You think???
::yes::

I like quirky.
I'm usually white bread normal.
But every now and then, I go multigrain.
Somehow this doesn't surprise me. :scratchin

Ask him to do it! See if he remembers.
Okay, so oddly enough, this actually came up the other day when talking to my dad. At first, he wasn't sure he remembered, but then he was like, "I think it was pretty easy...just keep crossing the hair over back and forth, right?" (No, he didn't actually DO it now, just talk about it).

We really enjoyed it. But I don't recall a giant hot tub, or swim up bar.
I'm not saying they're not there... just don't remember.
Good to know. :goodvibes

We did that for Kay. She loved it too.
One of those things that I've gotten more than my money's worth out of, for sure! :thumbsup2

Nah. I'm on vacation. I don't need to be surrounded by Canadians again.
:rotfl2:

Oh? I've never heard it mentioned.
But it's been decades since I've been there.
And I've never been there, but think I saw that mentioned somewhere?

I'm the same.
Except when I snorkel/scuba. Then I don't.
But when I went scuba diving in Epcot, they gave me a prescription mask. Wow! That was great!
Wow, that's great they had a prescription mask!

:rotfl:

I remember going on one with... Elle, maybe? Years ago. And I put her on a horse and the operator told me that it didn't go up and down.
I thought it was nice of him to give me a head's up on it.
That was nice. Wish someone would have mentioned it to me, but not that big a deal. At least Izzy's went up and down, which is what really mattered. :goodvibes

From what you wrote, he didn't sound too upset. Hopefully it worked out and he'll be okay.
I hope so. He seemed to calm down a lot when he knew we were going to help him. But he was pretty scared at first and I don't know how long he'd been running around there before we came along.

Whoa. Two for one nightmares.

Still, very quick thinking.
Total instinct. So glad the phone was right there.

I thought the same when I read it.

Now that's scary! :scared:
:scared1: Agreed.

Oh, that's right. You mentioned that.
Coincidentally, we watched it again today.

Oh. Oh, well. At least she did it and didn't pretend you weren't there.
True.

That describes me too.

Ah. Good karts are few and far between.
We have one good one here.
You have to have a driver's licence to drive them and sign a waiver.
Oh, wow, that's some serious go-karting!

Huh! And here I thought they'd be dull.
Guess I'll have to revise my thinking.
Yes, revise your thinking. Not only are they a great way to see the natural features of the Dells, but the drivers spend the whole time making puns. It's like the Jungle Cruise without tracks to follow!

:laughing:

I'll come back later to read the next update,
I'm in the middle of writing my own! :)
I need to catch up on your report! I will try soon!

That looks like a fun breakfast! I, too, am sad that there are no more Star Wars weekends, but hopefully the new land will have some fun restaurants. Love that Izzy knows her way around- I get lost all the time! (Except at Disney World- I've got that down!)
I'm interested to see how the new land turns out. I don't think it will ever be the same as the vibe at SWW, but new things are good.

I even get lost at WDW, so you're ahead of me. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Who needs a GPS when you have an Izzy?
Pretty much! Sometimes, if I use the actual GPS, she argues with it. The other day, she kept saying, "I think it's lost!" over and over. :rotfl: (We weren't lost, though, I guess Izzy just had other ideas on where we should go).

Too bad he wore the wrong shirt, but this one was a good one too!
Agreed. And he wore the other one later.

I could see myself giving that advice just to mess with someone. I mean really, as long as the other info was good and helpful, encouraging them to ride an attraction that might not make most must do lists isn't all that evil... :rolleyes1
True. But I don't think he was kidding. :eek:

:chewy:, we're home!

Dug hit the jackpot!
We had way too many pastries between us! I think we got a box and brought some with us, now that I think about it. :scratchin

Always helpful when you have a child who wants to go every 2.5 minutes.
Absolutely! ::yes::

That breakfast looks awesome! Especially fun if you're a Star Wars fan (like me :)). I'm not sure I would be able to drag the three ladies in my life to it though. They do not share my love things in a galaxy far, far away.
Definitely great for a big Star Wars fan. However, as someone who's very neutral on SW, I enjoyed it just for the novelty of everything, so your family may too.

I haven't noticed anything about a breakfast like that one for this year. I guess with the cancellation of Star Wars Weekends all that stuff is on hold until the new land is done. I'll have to hope for something then.
I think you are right. Seems a shame that they don't utilize that space during the breakfast hours.

That's funny about Izzy with the elevator and reminded me of the story from your min-trip where the naked kid came out of the elevator - so probably for the best you had that learning experience for her!
Absolutely - can certainly be a case of knowing too much being dangerous.

I definitely think that counts as on time - especially to an early breakfast ADR!
:thumbsup2 We didn't do so great on the whole "timeliness" thing on this trip. :sad2:

Just picturing Izzy thinking "who's this guy that isn't excited to meet me? everyone else gives me hugs!"
:lmao: Especially because she thinks DV is awesome! (and not a bad guy)

I read mixed reviews of the food for this event but yours, especially Dug's entree, looks pretty good!
Food was good. I might have tried something besides the waffle if Izzy had her own food, but got that for sharing (and I do like waffles, so I was happy with it).

Ok, so I am not that hard core of a Star Wars fan but was Dug's hand signal for something? I noticed him doing it in both pictures :confused3
I think that's a funny thing to say for someone with a screen name from Star Wars. :rotfl: But, in your defense, I just asked Dug and he looked at it quizically and was like, "I guess I was trying to use the force?" :confused3 :lmao:

I forgot that this was before the new movie came out and getting to see the previews was probably pretty cool!
It was! (and a lovely reminder of how long it's taking me to write this TR! :rotfl2:)

Oh breakfast looks like so much fun! I bet there will be more opportunities like this when the new land opens up. Pretty cool spot to have it though, at Sci Fi where they can chance up the movies to match the theme of the meal.
I hope there will be something like this with the new land. Unique character breakfasts would be a big draw. And, yes, there are SO many possibilities with Sci Fi that they could take advantage of.

Unlike a certain nude little boy...
Well, maybe not so much. Seems like he got into this mess by being too good at operating an elevator by himself. :eek:

:laughing: No!
Soon you'll grow dependant on her and then she'll grow up and move out and you'll be perpetually lost.
Eh, by then cars will probably all drive themselves anyway. :sad1:

Cute shot of the family!
Thanks! :goodvibes

No. Not good enough.
Not having bacon is never good enough.

So, so disappointed.
Haha, well he does wear the shirt later in the trip, so there's that.

First rule of evil genius. Tell enough of the truth to sucker them in, then hit them with the ultimate lie.

I so want to photoshop "Keep off the grass" onto that sign.

Who wouldn't want a life size Han Solo frozen in carbonite???
I think most people there at SWW would have wanted one.

"And we never saw our camera again."
Considering it was one of our phones, glad that didn't happen.

:lmao: "Why didn't that princess hug me?"

They are. Izzy still plays with them sometimes.

D'oh!
I was going to ask what Izzy thought of the Sci Fi clips on the screen.

She enjoyed the Star Wars clips!

What the heck is that? It looks like a pickle???
No way it's a pickle, though. Can't be!
But it sure looks like one.
Ha, I guess we didn't have a good picture. It's a Yoda-head-shaped honeydew. :yoda:

mmmm... that looks good!
Dug enjoyed it quite a bit.

Pin trading? I really have no idea, of course.
Well, trading of shiny things, at least. And there was a pin involved, for us.

Aw so cute! My grandma moved into a Retirement home about 2 years ago but she was living all by herself until 94! :scared1:
Wow, that's awesome! My grandma has been on the waiting list for an assisted living place and she keeps turning it down when her name comes up.

Wow that must be nice!
Comes in handy!

A glimpse into your future perhaps?!
:scared:

Woah! What is that ground beef looking thing in the middle back??
Ha, it's actually the breadsticks.

This weekend, she was "Big Girl Bear" and I was "Mama Bear" and it was just the same...not breaking character. :faint: I guess this is just a thing we do every weekend now. :confused3

You did this yourself behind your head? Or do you pull it over to the side and braid it? Ugh, i've tried and tried but just can't do it behind my head. The only braid I do is the fishtail cause it's on the side.
Behind my head, but I never actually wear it like that. Just playing with it.

Tee hee :laughing: Yep, we're immature too and totally would have laughed so you're not alone!
I'm so glad to know that we would have had a bunch of DIS-ers laughing along with us! :goodvibes

Major score:cool1:

:rotfl2:Blame it on the excitement of the $20 upgrade!

Those look amazing!
They were kind of insane. SO big.

AWW Baby Izzy!
:lovestruc

She does not seemed pleased about this...
Nope, not very patient with delays. :sad2:

Oh no, that would freak me right out. I'm already having anxiety about Summer approaching and taking Calvin to his Grandma's pool. But we have to get prepped for Aulani!
Yeah, it freaked me out too. I was just thankful the place wasn't that crowded so I could find her quickly. Hope your Aulani prep goes well!

Whirlpool and 80's music?? Sign me up! :wave:
I know, right? I could have stayed there for a long time if we didn't have other things to do.

That poor boy how scary that must have been for him! Now that DS is really starting to become more 'adventurous', next time we're at WDW, i'll be looking at those temporary tattoos with our name and number on them in case he runs off and gets lost.
I've seen those in some TRs...good idea. :thumbsup2

Good to know. He has problems with his buttons, but i'm assuming they can at least help with that? Or maybe not?
I'm not sure. I had never heard about this prior to bringing her to Aunty's for the first time and asking if they help them. It sounded like it's totally hands-off with them standing outside the door, coaching if needed. So, maybe find something he can handle on his own? Not sure what they are allowed to do.

I was literally looking at Rope Courses a few hours ago, how funny! I'd love to do something like that!
Oh, funny! It was fun to do something like that, since I haven't since childhood, I think!

Wow must be a very popular place to have so many delivery vehicles.
I think it is super popular during the high season (summer). But they were mostly parked on this day.

Doritos on top of a pizza?!?! :faint::faint::faint::banana:
:thumbsup2 So yummy!

Good Lord, I hope he was being facetious.
I hope so, but sure didn't sound like it.

Heck yes! I'd say anything within 15 minutes with a toddler is on time ::yes::
:goodvibes

How adorable! I love how they're both looking down at her.
It was cute. Very different meet for her, though.

Oops lost my other quotes, but in summary, breakfast looks good!
It was, thanks!

The Backside of Darth Vader

As we were enjoying our Galactic Breakfast, Greedo came to visit:

It was a bit awkward for me, as I really don’t know the non-headliner Star Wars characters very well (heck, I just had to verify who this was with Dug! :o), so I don’t really know their personalities or how to act/what to say. Dug enjoyed it, though.

We knew that the Jawas liked to trade as they came around and I’d read some tips on things to bring. We happened to have a bunch of one recommendation: the little Star Wars Play Pack things w/coloring book and stickers inside. I had picked up a pack of them for nearly free at a consignment sale a long time ago, so glad to finally have a use for the extras. So, we traded those away and ended up with a variety of other trinkets instead:

Some gold beads:

More trading:

I think she’s holding the Buzz Lightyear sticker she got in a trade:

We got this Mickey pin and a doubloon:

Oh, Izzy also got this ring:

A Stormtrooper came by:

Izzy decided we needed to be joined at the neck by her beads:

It’s hard to eat and take in everything else with fear of imminent strangulation. :scared:

I think this was Izzy’s plate she barely touched:

I suspect this meal was just too distracting for her to eat much.

After we finished up, Dug ran over to the restroom and Izzy and I headed out, spotting the backside of Darth Vader in the hallway :rotfl::

I think he was making his way over to the meet and greet area, as we passed by this on our way out the door:

It was 9:25am as we left.

First thing we saw after that was the Cinderella carriage:

We chose not to stop and wait in line for the picture with the glass slipper, though.

We thought this window was cool for Once Upon a Time fans:

A look down the street:

We stopped into a gift shop briefly to browse SWW items. And get some photos of the place:

Guess I couldn’t get a good picture of Izzy trying on the Princess Leia ears:

After we headed out of there, Dug spotted the Splash fountain:

And then we ran into a Gamorrean Guard:

We finally made it to Toy Story Mania to use our FP+ at 9:52am, avoiding the Standby wait of 75 minutes:

A little blurry, but this gal was wearing a Star Wars dress, I think one in Ashley Eckstein’s collection:

When we got to the CM before the stairs, he gave us the option to take the shortcut (get on right away) if Izzy sat between us. We chose to let her have her own seat, though, so had to go the long way up and down the stairs. :sad2: Random queue photos:

Dug took a pic of me waiting to board, so I took one of him too:

He looks thrilled. :lmao:

Up next: We ride some things. And…downpour! :umbrella:

The picture of dug with Greedo is great. There is a running joke about "who shot first-Han or Greedo" in the Cantina scene so I find it funny that Greedo is holding his gun kind of pointed at Dug (I'm a Star Wars geek, can you tell?)

Well, it's probably best you didn't know much about Gredo being that he be dead (Han shot him) so if you had only known that fact all you could of asked would have been "sooooooo, how's it feel to be killed by Han Solo?" :rotfl2:

I love how serious Dug looks in all the pictures with the characters

I can definitely see that meal being distracting for a toddler ... heck, I might have trouble concentrating

I know scheduling the FP+ can be annoying and all, but when you get to pass a 75 min wait for TSMM it definitely is worth it!

Oh, and thanks for asking Dug about my last question - know I know what proper form to use next time I want to use the force ;)

We knew that the Jawas liked to trade as they came around and I’d read some tips on things to bring.

That is really, really cool! But how would you know if you don't do research before hand? Do you miss out on the trade, or do they give little gifts anyway?

It’s hard to eat and take in everything else with fear of imminent strangulation. :scared:

:rotfl2:I bet!

Very cool.

Ha that is awesome! Don't think DS would like this very much though :scared1:

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. :scratchin

Okay, so oddly enough, this actually came up the other day when talking to my dad. At first, he wasn't sure he remembered, but then he was like, "I think it was pretty easy...just keep crossing the hair over back and forth, right?" (No, he didn't actually DO it now, just talk about it).

No way! Still think you should've made him do it.

Wow, that's great they had a prescription mask!

I didn't expect that. It was a really nice touch.

But he was pretty scared at first and I don't know how long he'd been running around there before we came along.

Poor l'il guy.

Oh, wow, that's some serious go-karting!

::yes:: There motto is "It isn't like racing... it is racing."
And they're right.

Yes, revise your thinking. Not only are they a great way to see the natural features of the Dells, but the drivers spend the whole time making puns. It's like the Jungle Cruise without tracks to follow!

Cool! Will definitely keep that in mind.

Eh, by then cars will probably all drive themselves anyway. :sad1:

True.

Ha, I guess we didn't have a good picture. It's a Yoda-head-shaped honeydew. :yoda:

Ooooohhh.....

Well, trading of shiny things, at least. And there was a pin involved, for us.

Gotcha. And if I'd just waited for the next update, I would've found out!

As we were enjoying our Galactic Breakfast, Greedo came to visit:

Cool. Did he talk?

It was a bit awkward for me, as I really don’t know the non-headliner Star Wars characters very well

Just smile and nod... smile and nod.

so I don’t really know their personalities or how to act/what to say.

Keep smiling.... and nodding...

So, we traded those away and ended up with a variety of other trinkets instead:

Not a bad haul.

Some gold beads:

Those mean a whole other thing if you'd have gotten them in New Orleans during Mardis Gras.

A Stormtrooper came by:

You should have pointed to Izzy and said "She's not the droid you're looking for."

Izzy decided we needed to be joined at the neck by her beads:

Aw. Cute.

:lmao:

After we finished up, Dug ran over to the restroom and Izzy and I headed out, spotting the backside of Darth Vader in the hallway :rotfl::

(But whatever you do... don't tell him that!)

First thing we saw after that was the Cinderella carriage:

That thing's ornate, isn't it?

We thought this window was cool for Once Upon a Time fans:

Yes, but.... Must admit, we've given up on it.
Stopped watching a few episodes ago. We both kept wanting to watch other stuff. Finally I asked Ruby "Do you even want to watch this anymore or has it just gotten too stupid?"

So we deleted the 6 or 8 episodes we had and stopped future recordings.

After we headed out of there, Dug spotted the Splash fountain:

I had to look at that for a bit before I remembered where it was... or if I'd seen it!

Cool.

Way to ham it up, Dug!

Dug took a pic of me waiting to board, so I took one of him too:

Seems fair.

It was a bit awkward for me, as I really don’t know the non-headliner Star Wars characters very well (heck, I just had to verify who this was with Dug! :o), so I don’t really know their personalities or how to act/what to say. Dug enjoyed it, though.
I really wouldn't know how to act with Greedo either. He's on screen for like 30 seconds and he gets shot. So I guess make a gun with your fingers and watch him play dead? :confused3

We knew that the Jawas liked to trade as they came around and I’d read some tips on things to bring. We happened to have a bunch of one recommendation: the little Star Wars Play Pack things w/coloring book and stickers inside. I had picked up a pack of them for nearly free at a consignment sale a long time ago, so glad to finally have a use for the extras. So, we traded those away and ended up with a variety of other trinkets instead:
Cool! That Mickey pin was a neat trade!

I suspect this meal was just too distracting for her to eat much.
Between the movie and the characters... I couldn't imagine what might be distracting her. :rolleyes1

Cool picture!
It's the KKK stormtroopers. :rolleyes1

Really, who designed this costume?. And what were they thinking?

We finally made it to Toy Story Mania to use our FP+ at 9:52am, avoiding the Standby wait of 75 minutes:
Yikes! Thank goodness for FP!

So, we traded those away and ended up with a variety of other trinkets instead:

This is a cute idea, I wonder if everyone who booked for this realizes this? What do they do with people who don't bring stuff to trade? Do they have bags full of stuff? I'm confused on this concept lmao

That's actually sort of freaky. If there was a Harry Potter meet & greet, I wouldn't want to be in a hallway with Voldemort by myself hahaha

Guess I couldn’t get a good picture of Izzy trying on the Princess Leia ears:

Oh these would have been cute at the birthday party last weekend! I Wish I had been thinking about that when we were at dhs just the week before.

These characters are pretty creepy/scary? Izzy is okay with them? I think they are too dark for Aria (and me...)

When we got to the CM before the stairs, he gave us the option to take the shortcut (get on right away) if Izzy sat between us. We chose to let her have her own seat, though, so had to go the long way up and down the stairs. :sad2: Random queue photos:

I was so excited to get to go up the right way with Aria last trip haha.

The picture of dug with Greedo is great. There is a running joke about "who shot first-Han or Greedo" in the Cantina scene so I find it funny that Greedo is holding his gun kind of pointed at Dug (I'm a Star Wars geek, can you tell?)
I've heard that joke, but don't really remember much from the movie (that's not just a Star Wars thing - I generally don't remember much about any movie). I bet he does the gun thing in reference to that.

Well, it's probably best you didn't know much about Gredo being that he be dead (Han shot him) so if you had only known that fact all you could of asked would have been "sooooooo, how's it feel to be killed by Han Solo?" :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: Awesome.

I love how serious Dug looks in all the pictures with the characters
He was getting in character, I guess.

I can definitely see that meal being distracting for a toddler ... heck, I might have trouble concentrating
Very true - so much going on around you. I mean, a giant screen, eating in a car, AND roaming characters?! :faint:

I know scheduling the FP+ can be annoying and all, but when you get to pass a 75 min wait for TSMM it definitely is worth it!
Absolutely - TSMM is the biggest benefit of FP+ to me - skipping that morning stampede is priceless. :thumbsup2

Oh, and thanks for asking Dug about my last question - know I know what proper form to use next time I want to use the force ;)
:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

That is really, really cool! But how would you know if you don't do research before hand? Do you miss out on the trade, or do they give little gifts anyway?
Good question. I followed the big SWW planning thread, so I knew all about everything. But, honestly, I'd be surprised if a ton of people got ADRs without knowing much about it - they were a pretty hot item and went quick.

:scared:

Very cool.

Ha that is awesome! Don't think DS would like this very much though :scared1:
I just told Izzy he was a big pig/dog. She was cool with that. :dog:

Last edited:
No way! Still think you should've made him do it.
Eh, maybe we'll wait till Izzy's hair gets a bit longer and he can give that a shot. :scratchin

I didn't expect that. It was a really nice touch.
Definitely!

Poor l'il guy.

::yes:: There motto is "It isn't like racing... it is racing."
And they're right.
Sounds like it!

Cool! Will definitely keep that in mind.
My favorite Dells attraction! :thumbsup2

:car:

Ooooohhh.....
Guess we should have gotten a better picture - it's hard in the dark, though!

Gotcha. And if I'd just waited for the next update, I would've found out!

Cool. Did he talk?
I don't think he did.

Just smile and nod... smile and nod.

Keep smiling.... and nodding...
::yes::::yes::::yes::

Not a bad haul.
Not at all. Especially since we really didn't need like 5+ of the exact same little coloring kit.

Those mean a whole other thing if you'd have gotten them in New Orleans during Mardis Gras.
:jester:

You should have pointed to Izzy and said "She's not the droid you're looking for."

Aw. Cute.
And terrifying.

(But whatever you do... don't tell him that!)
And definitely not to his back. :darth:

That thing's ornate, isn't it?
Sure is.

Yes, but.... Must admit, we've given up on it.
Stopped watching a few episodes ago. We both kept wanting to watch other stuff. Finally I asked Ruby "Do you even want to watch this anymore or has it just gotten too stupid?"

So we deleted the 6 or 8 episodes we had and stopped future recordings.
I know we are behind, not sure exactly how far. Ours are recorded too and we just watch them whenever (and pretty sporadically). And I am almost always on the DIS while "watching" them. But, yeah, I remember liking it a lot better earlier on.

I had to look at that for a bit before I remembered where it was... or if I'd seen it!
Dug spots a lot of things that I don't even notice.

It was.

Way to ham it up, Dug!

Seems fair.
I thought so.

I really wouldn't know how to act with Greedo either. He's on screen for like 30 seconds and he gets shot. So I guess make a gun with your fingers and watch him play dead? :confused3
:lmao: How did a character who was only on screen for 30 seconds manage to get into a character meal? :confused3

Cool! That Mickey pin was a neat trade!
I thought so too. We're not pin collectors, but still cool.

Between the movie and the characters... I couldn't imagine what might be distracting her. :rolleyes1
:confused3 Can't imagine.

Cool picture!
I am glad I had my camera ready.

It's the KKK stormtroopers. :rolleyes1

Really, who designed this costume?. And what were they thinking?
I know - I think I took that picture because they were freaking me out a bit.

Yikes! Thank goodness for FP!

This is a cute idea, I wonder if everyone who booked for this realizes this? What do they do with people who don't bring stuff to trade? Do they have bags full of stuff? I'm confused on this concept lmao
I think a lot of people who booked probably knew because the ADRs got snapped up so fast that I'd imagine many people were big fans and read about it, etc. I have the SWW thread on here to thank, as it prepared me well. They do have bags full of stuff that they dig through when you give them something. I think they are supposed to favor shiny things, so I'm guessing someone could improvise and give them their spoon or something? :confused3 Or just take photos, etc. Don't know what they're missing, most likely.

That's actually sort of freaky. If there was a Harry Potter meet & greet, I wouldn't want to be in a hallway with Voldemort by myself hahaha
At least he was going the other way. But took me by surprise!

Oh these would have been cute at the birthday party last weekend! I Wish I had been thinking about that when we were at dhs just the week before.
Oh, yeah, that would have been great! Hope she had fun anyway!

These characters are pretty creepy/scary? Izzy is okay with them? I think they are too dark for Aria (and me...)
Izzy's pretty okay with them. I just told her that last one was a large pig/dog and she was cool with it. She did want me to keep holding her, though - she wasn't about to hug him or anything (which is probably good, as some of the SW characters are not really in character if they are hugging, etc.)

I was so excited to get to go up the right way with Aria last trip haha.
I love that short way!

Not Ready for Prime Time

(Actually, we were ready - that's just the saying, right?)

We left off as we waited to board Toy Story Mania. Izzy got her own seat and tried on her glasses:

I sat with her and tried to teach her how to play, but she wasn’t terribly into it. She did pull the string some, but had her blaster aimed all the way up:

I’m pretty sure all of her points were from me demonstrating what to do with her blaster:

Jessie waved goodbye to us:

Izzy continued to “play” until we got out:

At that point, we had limited time to use Dug’s Tower of Terror FP+ and my Star Tours FP+ and obtain Rider Swaps for each. We knew we needed to knock out ToT before the Star Wars parade blocked us, so we headed there first and got Dug on (and grabbed Rider Swap):

And the Memory Maker video:

(click to watch)

I saved my Rider Swap to use on our post-cruise days. While Dug rode, Izzy and I – big surprise – visited the restroom. :rolleyes: After that, we sat on a shady bench just outside the ride exit and munched on pretzels. Soon, Dug emerged from the gift shop and we moved on towards Star Tours.

On the way, Izzy found a cart that displayed two of her favorite things:

As we got close to Star Tours, our previously pleasant morning suddenly erupted into a downpour! :umbrella: And, of course, this was the one morning that we didn’t bring any rain gear into the parks, as the forecast looked okay and we we were going back to our resort for a midday break. Ugh. :headache: We were near a restroom and ducked under the roof, along with a ton of other people. Since we were there, Dug went to use the restroom. I think Izzy and I (and others) had to shuffle over a bit because someone was trying to get out of the companion restroom and the door opened outward – into our packed crowd. :crowded: After several minutes, the rain seemed to be slowing down a bit, so we decided to make a break for it. I held Izzy and we scurried towards Star Tours to use my FP+ and get a Rider Swap for Dug to use later.

Naturally, it started pouring again as we were out in the open. :sad2: We hustled over to Star Tours and I ducked under a tree near the entrance. The Cast Member wanted to measure Izzy and I had to explain that she was not riding, I just was handing her off to Dug for Rider Swap (she was like 4 inches short at the time - I'm surprised the CM even thought she had a chance). She was not at all pleased to 1.) leave me and 2.) get rained on again. With Izzy crying, they went off to find seats and shelter in the Sounds Dangerous/Jedi Training Sign-Up building.

I headed into the ST queue around 11am. I was seated in the back row, far end. Once we were all buckled in, they had our whole row unbuckle and move over one seat. Not sure why, but made me wonder what was wrong with my former seat :confused3:

Ready for our journey:

After my ride, I tried to find the Sounds Dangerous building and went the wrong way, getting lost (as usual). A CM that tried to help me was no help either – I don’t think she knew what that building was. I texted Dug and he and Izzy came back to where I was so that we could walk to Muppets together. I think the weather had cleared up at this point. We were seated and ready for Muppets at 11:30am:

We enjoyed the show, as it had been quite some time since we’d seen it (and Izzy’s first time):

As we made our way out, we found it was once again pouring rain. We stayed under the shelter at the exit for a bit and Izzy played with her 3D glasses:

I decided this was a good time to call Enterprise to schedule a pick-up to get our rental car – we’d need it to get to the Disney Dream the next day. :cool1: I think I scheduled for them to pick me up at our resort around 3pm. The rain started tapering off again after that, so we headed off to our lunch ADR at the 50’s Prime Time.

Some sights along the way:

Never noticed the Mickey slipper before:

More Star Wars scenery:

We arrived at 50's Prime Time and checked in around Noon. There were no seats open in the waiting area, so we stood around and tried to spot @StephanieE and her DH, as she had followed my PTR and was dining around the same time. I had only seen one picture of her, though, so I was having a hard time figuring out if she was in this room:

Looks like Dug grabbed a couple scenery pictures as I scanned the crowd:

I didn’t spot them and we got called to our table before I could text to check in with her. We got our TV table request :thumbsup2:

And, bonus, we were right near the restrooms :thumbsup2:

Haha, I see they put milk on their grocery list back there, as they knew Izzy would drink it all :laughing::

Unfortunately, the TV wasn’t showing cartoons, so it didn’t really hold Izzy’s attention. She did get crayons and a kids menu, though, so I was soon ordered to color Mike Wazowski green (coloring by delegation – her favorite method).

I believe that I took Izzy to the restroom early on and, when we came back, my (giant!) PB&J shake had shown up:

I’ve always heard this was a must-try at Prime Time, so I had to get one. And it was quite good – but truly ginormous. :faint: Our waitress brought out a juice for Izzy, even though we ordered milk, so we had to switch that out. Otherwise, everything was pretty smooth and we actually had our food only about 20 minutes after arriving.

Dug took the waitress’s recommendation and ordered the stuffed pork chop:

He LOVED it! :love:

Not surprisingly, Izzy got the kids’ macaroni and cheese:

However, today was apparently reject-all-of-your-favorite-foods-day and she didn’t actually eat it. :headache:

I got the DIS-famous Pot Roast:

I enjoyed it, but didn’t feel that it was a must-make-an-ADR-for-this-every-trip sort of thing. Good, though.

Oh, and here’s the stuffing of Dug’s pork chop:

Izzy was fairly restless and mostly wanted to hang out on the floor under her chair:

I let her for a bit, just to give myself a chance to eat. But I’m surprised she didn’t get “scolded” by a server. :rotfl:

Izzy’s uneaten meal came with a dessert, so I figured she’d at least eat the Mickey sprinkles off the ice cream. And she did, but not the actual ice cream. Candy only for lunch! :rolleyes:

But, you know, eating the candy off your ice cream really calls for an assistant. So, she insisted that she sit on my lap and control my spoon-holding hand:

Clearly, I am thrilled to be her personal servant. :rolleyes2

We had sort of minimal waitress antics – I don’t really even remember. Just asked Dug and he said that she could tell we were having a rough day/trip and started with some "mom schtick", but then took it easy on us and was actually super friendly. :goodvibes However, the table behind us had a birthday and Izzy really enjoyed the celebration and singing:

She was waving to that group afterwards. :wave2:

It was a few minutes after 1pm by then and we had our leftovers packed up to go: mac & cheese, some pot roast, and even the remainder of the shake in a to-go cup. As we were walking away from Prime Time, I received a text back from Stephanie (who I’d texted earlier from our table). She said they were just getting ready to leave and I told her we’d just headed out, so she said she’d just keep an eye out for us (we never did meet up, though).

Up next: Bubbles!

Last edited:
We ate at that same table in March. It was our first time at Primetime. DH also got the stuffed pork chop. He really like it too. I got the fish of the day, and it came with this really good sweet potato hash. The meal was so surprisingly good that I would really love to go back, but we haven't tried Sci Fi yet. We didn't get a shake. I think the thought of all the dessert we would be having at the dessert party kind of turned me off of any other dessert. Plus, we were in a hurry to get to Lights, Motor, Action for the last time.

Not at all. Especially since we really didn't need like 5+ of the exact same little coloring kit.

One can never have enough colouring books.

And terrifying.

Dug spots a lot of things that I don't even notice.

That's what spouses are for.

(Actually, we were ready - that's just the saying, right?)

I sat with her and tried to teach her how to play, but she wasn’t terribly into it. She did pull the string some, but had her blaster aimed all the way up:

Give her time. Soon enough she'll be beating you. all the freaking time.

Izzy continued to “play” until we got out:

How was her outside-the-game score?

Dug's row, far left.
And middle row, second from the right.

Those crack me up.

Dug does too. He looks like he's having way too much fun.

I saved my Rider Swap to use on our post-cruise days.

Oh! Didn't know you could do that.

While Dug rode, Izzy and I – big surprise – visited the restroom.

;)

As we got close to Star Tours, our previously pleasant morning suddenly erupted into a downpour!

Welcome to Florida!

And, of course, this was the one morning that we didn’t bring any rain gear into the parks

Of course. That's why it rained.
If you'd brought rain gear, it wouldn't have rained.

We were near a restroom and ducked under the roof, along with a ton of other people.

How to meet friends, courtesy of Disney and Mother Nature.

Naturally, it started pouring again as we were out in the open.

Naturally. Bring rain gear. You'll never see a drop.

She was not at all pleased to 1.) leave me and 2.) get rained on again.

Can't say as I blame her!

I was seated in the back row, far end. Once we were all buckled in, they had our whole row unbuckle and move over one seat.

Weird.

Not sure why, but made me wonder what was wrong with my former seat :confused3:

Ah! That's the ejector seat. It occasionally ejects a tourist on a random basis.

After my ride, I tried to find the Sounds Dangerous building and went the wrong way, getting lost (as usual).

:rolleyes:

A CM that tried to help me was no help either – I don’t think she knew what that building was.

That's odd. You'd think a CM would know the park layout.

Never noticed the Mickey slipper before:

Huh. I never noticed it either.

We arrived at Sci Fi and checked in around Noon.

"And then ran out because our ADR was for 50s Prime Time. We just made it!"

We got our TV table request :thumbsup2:

Nice! Didn't think to ask for one when I went with Kay.

Haha, I see they put milk on their grocery list back there, as they knew Izzy would drink it all :laughing::

(coloring by delegation – her favorite method).

Sure. Why even try to stay in the lines when you can get someone else to do it?

when we came back, my (giant!) PB&J shake had shown up:

Wasn't that good?!?

Dug took the waitress’s recommendation and ordered the stuffed pork chop:

He LOVED it! :love:

Wow. That looks good! Might have to try that next time.

However, today was apparently reject-all-of-your-favorite-foods-day and she didn’t actually eat it.

I got the DIS-famous Pot Roast:

I enjoyed it, but didn’t feel that it was a must-make-an-ADR-for-this-every-trip sort of thing. Good, though.

That's how I felt. It was fine, but...
Now the fried chicken on the other hand... yum.

Candy only for lunch! :rolleyes:

She's on vacation. It's all good.

But, you know, eating the candy off your ice cream really calls for an assistant. So, she insisted that she sit on my lap and control my spoon-holding hand:

Clearly, I am thrilled to be her personal servant. :rolleyes2

She was waving to that group afterwards. :wave2:

Awww...

I received a text back from Stephanie (who I’d texted earlier from our table). She said they were just getting ready to leave and I told her we’d just headed out, so she said she’d just keep an eye out for us (we never did meet up, though).

Too bad. Ah well, you'll just have to go back and try again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter