"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

He/she’s going to like my shirt!”, even if the picture had nothing to do with the character she was about to meet.
Well, you know, I'm sure it is one of their friends...

Just as I’d remembered from the last visit, this was a great meet. :thumbsup2 One of the best ones at WDW, I’d say. Lots of interaction and fun with the two big cheeses.
It looks like Izzy had a great time with them!
And, at some point along the way, we apparently convinced Izzy to ride in her stroller :cool1::
Sometimes the smallest victories are the most satisfying.

We were soon on our way and seeing both animals and adventurers, not to mention the scenic views:
And Izzy got to ride on the end of the row!!! I hope she enjoyed the view!

I agree that that character meet is one of the best at WDW. I think I had seen it in one of your other TRs and it convinced me we HAD to do it on our last trip. Looks like Izzy enjoyed meeting them again!

Thanks! :goodvibes

aw, glad the meet turned out great! I always love when the characters meet together. We actually haven't done that one in a few years, I think we might have to do it this trip
Maybe I've just had really good luck, but this meet is a consistent winner for us. :thumbsup2

It is crazy how long the FP+ line for the safari can look! It does move quick but it's like they didn't make it long enough or something and it always extends past the starting point. Plus first timers have no idea how the stroller process works.
Yeah, it was really bizarre how far out the line was. I think something may have delayed it, though - once it started moving, it was pretty quick, but we were standing still at first.

I mean, clearly that is your fault :rolleyes:
What was I thinking? :confused3 :rotfl:

Great family shot! I think it is so great that Izzy is so comfortable with the characters! It looks like you all had a nice safari as well!
Thanks! I love how much Izzy adores the characters and playing around with them. It's like all her stuffed animals grew huge and came to life and she seems to enjoy having the chance to play with them and get reactions.

Izzy's face in those entrance pics...if looks could kill!!! :rotfl:
I know! At the time, I didn't realize just how grumpy she looked, but it makes for some hilarious Photopass pics! :rotfl2:

I love the pics in the queue for Mickey & Minnie there...so cute!!
Me too - one of my favorite things to look at while waiting in line.

What an adorable meet! :love: Izzy looks perfectly content hugging Minnie. How sweet!
She just adores Minnie and always has. I think she'd be totally fine if Minnie took her home. She sometimes slips up and calls me "Minnie", actually. :rotfl:

In a way, I like how they handle the stroller situation for the Safari, but then at the same time it can be stressful if you don't have time to get the kids out and situated before you get to that point in the queue.
Right, I like that you can take it partway through, especially if the line is slower-moving. In this case, I knew it was coming and was attempting to unbuckle her and pull her out before we got there, but Dug just wasn't slowing for a moment for me to finish, so it wasn't working so well. :headache:

Sorry I got so far behind! Trying to take some time to get caught up on all my TRs. :thumbsup2
No worries, I'm in a perpetual state of WAY behind on the DIS. :o

Sorry you have been feeling so tired/sick lately! Is it possibly something more than that? Like, you may feel better in 9 months? ;) Speaking of which, I posted an interesting announcement on my trip report (linked in siggy). It is worth checking out! :teeth:
Nope! But I did get over to your TR - every time I see a "life update" on the DIS, I assume someone's expecting. :rotfl: Congratulations!

Great meet with Mickey and Minnie! And love the family picture!
Thank you!

That FP+ at the safari seems so long! I think it moves rather quickly but it can look daunting. And the stroller hand off midway through confuses everyone!
Yeah, the line seemed rather crazy, but once we started moving, it wasn't bad.

Is that the Wild Africa Trek? That always sounds amazing when I read about it!
Yes, that's it! I think it sounds really cool too!

Your meet and greet with Minnie and Mickey looks amazing. Izze looks like she is having so much fun with them. I really liked the M&G and agree it's one of the best.
We've had really good luck with this one. Excellent interactions with both Mickey and Minnie! :thumbsup2

Well, you know, I'm sure it is one of their friends...
That's what I was thinking. Sometimes I ask the characters, "Do you know so-and-so?" ::yes::

It looks like Izzy had a great time with them!
She sure did.

Sometimes the smallest victories are the most satisfying.
Indeed.

And Izzy got to ride on the end of the row!!! I hope she enjoyed the view!
I think she did.

I agree that that character meet is one of the best at WDW. I think I had seen it in one of your other TRs and it convinced me we HAD to do it on our last trip. Looks like Izzy enjoyed meeting them again!
She really enjoyed it - we've sure had good experiences with that one.

I am back!! Reading along and all caught up although I promise to comment more from now on, I am just going to say you have had a super 1.5 months and I can't wait to hear all about Aulani 2.0 and Disneyland too. Hope you had amazing trips!!

I've got mine right now. :goodvibes

:laughing: Of course you do!

Maybe they don't do it anymore? It's been a long time since I was there at opening to see it, so it may well be a thing of Disney past...

Maybe. I remember it from years and years ago... but not recently.

Izzy passed the time during our short wait by getting excited about the upcoming meet :hyper::

:goodvibes:

it looks like Mickey and Minnie were just as excited to meet Izzy :mickeyjum :

It does!

Izzy was really into showing the characters her shirts, often saying, “He/she’s going to like my shirt!”,

Awwww... :)

And Izzy had to leap into Minnie’s arms, back where she belongs :lovestruc:

Too cute!

We even joined in for a nice family shot:

:thumbsup2Great family shot!

And, at some point along the way, we apparently convinced Izzy to ride in her stroller :cool1::

Yes!
Don't you wish you had a magic word that would immediately make her want to go in it?

And joined in this super-awesome Fast Pass+ line :rolleyes2:

That's the FP line???? Holy cow!

It was actually not as bad as it looked. We joined the line around 10:30am and were in our truck just 10 minutes later.

Okay. Not too bad then.

Turned out to not be a huge deal, but it really annoyed me at the time, since I was trying to be efficient and all. :(

Breathe. Deep breaths. It'll be okay.

Cute shot of you guys. :)

Meh. Obviously animatronic.

:rolleyes:

Interesting wild animals.

Hm. I don't remember that at all. Weird.

I am back!! Reading along and all caught up although I promise to comment more from now on, I am just going to say you have had a super 1.5 months and I can't wait to hear all about Aulani 2.0 and Disneyland too. Hope you had amazing trips!!
Glad you're back! :goodvibes It's really been a crazy couple months! I need to move these TRs along so I can get to the new ones (and that one old one...) The trips were both great! :thumbsup2

:laughing: Of course you do!
Gotta have a blankie on the couch! ::yes::

Maybe. I remember it from years and years ago... but not recently.
I think it was 2010 that we saw it.

:thumbsup2

And they didn't even have to wait in line or get a FP+ to meet her!

It's so cute to see how proud she is of her Disney shirts. :rotfl:

Too cute!
BFFs forever! ::MinnieMo

:thumbsup2Great family shot!
Thanks!

Yes!
Don't you wish you had a magic word that would immediately make her want to go in it?
YES! If only... But, really, mostly bribes work (cookies, etc.) :o

That's the FP line???? Holy cow!
That's what I thought!

Okay. Not too bad then.
Whew!

Breathe. Deep breaths. It'll be okay.
It was, I just hated losing all that ground in line. :headache:

Cute shot of you guys. :)
Thanks!

Meh. Obviously animatronic.

:rotfl2:

Interesting wild animals.
Fascinating creatures. ::yes::

Hm. I don't remember that at all. Weird.
I don't either, but it's in the pictures, so must be there somewhere. :thumbsup2

IMG_5001_zpsfsqaycag.jpg

Love when they sleep all curled up like that, so sweet. And that's pretty much the only time they're sweet right??:rotfl2:

She agreed with my outfit selection for her today (yay!)

I should be grateful that i'm getting another boy. DS (number 1??? hmm, now I need to figure out how to differentiate them here...) couldn't care less what I put on him.

(Really only took this so I’d remember the story, but why not throw it in there? I’m pretty sure this will happen again in this TR…:rolleyes1)

:lmao:i do this too. I'm pretty sure we all do here!

:rotfl::rotfl2:

Okay, double:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

really had no memory of where the Adventurer’s Outpost was.

Oh my gosh! I never knew this place existed until a CM practically drug us in there this trip and thank goodness for that, it ended up being one of our better character interactions!

So cute!

One of the best ones at WDW, I’d say. Lots of interaction and fun with the two big cheeses.

Yes! I'll always remember this place from now on for sure.

. I had been trying to get Izzy out of the stroller as we went through the queue so that we could just hand off the stroller and keep going. However, Dug was pushing the stroller and was not cooperating with my efforts, so we had to pull out entirely and lost a lot of ground in the line.

DH now knows the drill for this ride, definitely tons more efficient when you can just roll the stroller over to the CM and keep on walking.:thumbsup2

Following along ... Loving your TR ... Izzy is adorable, and so many of the things she says and does make me think of my GS (DGS?) Luke! Looking forward to reading more!

:rotfl:

Bribes. The big gun in a parent's arsenal.
::yes::

Love when they sleep all curled up like that, so sweet. And that's pretty much the only time they're sweet right??:rotfl2:
Well, Izzy does some random sweet things lately, like saying, "Mommy, I like you", etc. Pretty cool. But she likes to just toss that in between not as sweet moments. :rotfl:

I should be grateful that i'm getting another boy. DS (number 1??? hmm, now I need to figure out how to differentiate them here...) couldn't care less what I put on him.
Yeah, Izzy has been quite selective about her outfits for some time. Dug normally dresses her for daycare, though, so he gets to deal with that most days. Luckily, she has a big wardrobe and knows it well, so usually finds something she wants quickly.

:lmao:i do this too. I'm pretty sure we all do here!
Good to know! :goodvibes

Okay, double:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:
Glad you enjoyed.

Oh my gosh! I never knew this place existed until a CM practically drug us in there this trip and thank goodness for that, it ended up being one of our better character interactions!
I am so glad we found it too - really has been a good meet for us.

Thanks.

Yes! I'll always remember this place from now on for sure.
Same here.

DH now knows the drill for this ride, definitely tons more efficient when you can just roll the stroller over to the CM and keep on walking.:thumbsup2
Sure is - really annoyed me to step out and watch all those people pass us up!

Following along ... Loving your TR ... Izzy is adorable, and so many of the things she says and does make me think of my GS (DGS?) Luke! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! I saw "Luke" and thought, "DisneyParkLover's Luke?" Then I realized you are her mom. Welcome! I love reading reports about other young kids because I can definitely relate to a lot of the things the kids say and do. :goodvibes

On Safari

Looks like there was some work taking place on the savanna:

Pretty view:

I spent the safari explaining the various animals to Izzy and she was very excited about everything. However, she really wanted to see giraffes and they were lacking for quite a while. But, eventually, we did spot one:

And some more:

Izzy was very happy to see them. :cool1:

Oooh, the backside of an elephant:

Selfie time again:

Izzy got carried away:

Oh, good, there’s the frontside on an elephant:

We saw some flamingos and rhinos:

A highlight was seeing the male lion sleeping up on top of a rock:

Behind the tree on that last one. Made me wonder how he got up there. :confused3

We spotted some more wildlife:

And a funny video from our safari – Izzy randomly decides it’s a thrill ride :rotfl::

(click to watch)

After enjoying our safari, we went to go pick up the stroller. I happened to notice this other stroller with the open popcorn container on the bottom was attracting hungry critters :scared: (not pictured):

I can’t remember, but I think it was either birds or squirrels that I saw in there before I got the picture. Don’t leave your stroller with open food at WDW!

As we were moving on, we got this notice about our Dinosaur FP+:

We were bummed that Dinosaur was down, but just decided to move on to our Everest FP+ (we had one for each with plans to Rider Swap). We stopped here for a quick restroom break on the way:

No longer remember if Izzy was successful on this round. I guess we also saw some people in custom shirts:

At this point, we checked the My Disney Experience app and found that we could move our Sanaa lunch from 12:10pm to 1:15pm. Having that bit of extra AK time sounded good to us, so we wanted to do that. However, being it was much less than 24 hours until our existing ADR, I was worried that we’d get a cancellation/no-show fee on it, so Dug chose to call to change the ADRs, rather than using the app. He sat down and got on the phone:

Took forever to get though and get things squared away, but it all worked out. In the meantime, Izzy and I checked out this vehicle:

Then came back by where Dug was sitting and just waited around:

I noticed a stroller parked nearby and thought of Lauren (Imagineer5), as she has one like this, but this had the infant seat attached – and she was newly pregnant with Maya, so I was thinking about how she would soon have two riding in it (and this shows you how long that it's taking me to write this TR, since Maya is 3.5 months old now! :eek:):

Dug eventually got off the phone and we moved on, toward Everest. But apparently stopping at a gift shop for Izzy to play with monkeys along the way:

(click to watch)

It was after 11:40am by then and we still had several things on our AK to-do list, so I was a bit nervous about that. :scared:

Up next: Trying to cram in way too much. :sad2:

I spent the safari explaining the various animals to Izzy and she was very excited about everything. However, she really wanted to see giraffes and they were lacking for quite a while. But, eventually, we did spot one:
Giraffes are my favorite as well! They are too cute!:goodvibes

The elephants on my safari last spring did the same thing! Maybe they are shy?:rotfl:
Izzy got carried away:

She takes better selfies then I do! Too cute:rotfl2:

Whew! What a relief!

At least you've got a good angle to see him.

Behind the tree on that last one. Made me wonder how he got up there. :confused3
Even more evidence that it is just an AA lion mounted to the top of a rock.

And a funny video from our safari – Izzy randomly decides it’s a thrill ride :rotfl::

After enjoying our safari, we went to go pick up the stroller. I happened to notice this other stroller with the open popcorn container on the bottom was attracting hungry critters :scared: (not pictured):
Yep, I've seen that happen before. Be careful what you leave! :eek:

At this point, we checked the My Disney Experience app and found that we could move our Sanaa lunch from 12:10pm to 1:15pm. Having that bit of extra AK time sounded good to us, so we wanted to do that. However, being it was much less than 24 hours until our existing ADR, I was worried that we’d get a cancellation/no-show fee on it, so Dug chose to call to change the ADRs, rather than using the app. He sat down and got on the phone:
I'm glad it worked out and you could spend more time there.

It was after 11:40am by then and we still had several things on our AK to-do list, so I was a bit nervous about that. :scared:

Up next: Trying to cram in way too much. :sad2:
What? Cramming in too much at Disney World? Who does that????? :rolleyes1

Giraffes are my favorite as well! They are too cute!:goodvibes
I agree - they are just so fascinating to watch.

The elephants on my safari last spring did the same thing! Maybe they are shy?:rotfl:
Who knows - maybe that's just their best side? :rotfl:

She takes better selfies then I do! Too cute:rotfl2:
She is a little ham for selfies.

Whew! What a relief!
I was so glad that I wouldn't have to deal with a toddler tantrum based on safari animals that wouldn't cooperate with her wishes. ::yes::

At least you've got a good angle to see him.
I was just glad to see a lion, after having had several rides with no sightings on past trips.

Even more evidence that it is just an AA lion mounted to the top of a rock.

I have no idea what prompted that, but it was pretty hilarious.

Yep, I've seen that happen before. Be careful what you leave! :eek:
I have pictures on a past trip of a squirrel literally in the basket of someone's stroller eating their snacks. :eek:

I'm glad it worked out and you could spend more time there.
Me too, though you'll see it still wasn't enough. :sad2:

What? Cramming in too much at Disney World? Who does that????? :rolleyes1
Certainly nobody we know...:rotfl:

Climbing the Mountain

Dug made it into the Everest FP+ queue a bit before noon. Getting our Rider Swap ticket was really awkward, though. Izzy and I had to go all the way up with him and it was very crowded :crowded:, so we had to go backwards through that crowd afterwards, which just made me wonder if they thought I’d tried to take a toddler on and gotten turned away or something :confused3. (By the way, on our recent Disneyland trip, the Rider Swap was completely different – they never once wanted to see Izzy or even Dug – just handed out Rider Swaps on request! :thumbsup2)

Izzy and I found a spot on some steps to sit in the shade, eat Goldfish crackers, and watch trains come down the track (behind the guy looking at his phone :laughing:):

There was another little girl there eating a Mickey bar and I couldn’t resist a shot of her face covered in chocolate :mickeybar:

Mickey bar mustache! :mickeybar

Izzy enjoying her less-messy snack:

Meanwhile, Dug got Row 1:

As we were waiting, I took some pictures of trains coming down the hill, thinking maybe Dug would be in one of them:

Well, after looking more closely at that very random picture (and I took several more of other trains after, not knowing which he was in), Dug’s right there :thumbsup2 (zoomed in to see him):

Nice that I got that, as we don’t seem to have a Photopass for him. :confused:

Then we switched off and I headed in:

I don’t know if you can read it back there, but the Single Rider line was 40 minutes :eek::

Glad I had the Fast Pass/Rider Swap! ::yes::

The little boy in front of me (maybe 7 or 8 years old) was trying to make me scan my Magic Band at the turnstyle and I had to explain to him that I had a special pass (the Rider Swap). I'm guessing he had never heard of that, but he let me be. I was about to board less than 10 minutes later:

Just sat somewhere in the middle and took lots of scenery pictures:

I had never noticed all the hair binders tossed here before:

Must be a thing? :confused3

Yeti:

I enjoyed my ride. My not too interesting Photopass picture:

While I was there, Dug had planned to take Izzy on Triceratop Spin, but it was closed :sad1: (I think for construction?) They ended up in the Boneyard instead, so that’s where I headed to meet them. Some pics on the way:

Heading in:

Izzy had just gone down this giant slide:

There she is:

I climbed up with her to go again, while Dug waited at the bottom for her. A shot of me looking down at him:

She went down a few more times, then we tried to move on. She did NOT want to leave and kept asking to go down the slide again. Though she was upset about leaving, she was somewhat cheered by the prospect of meeting a dog (Dug). That meant that we really had to get out of there, as he was only meeting until 1pm and it was almost quarter to 1. And, selfishly, I really wanted to get to this meet to get an updated avatar picture for me on the DIS. :upsidedow

Parting pictures of the Boneyard:

So, Izzy and I zipped over there and made it with 12 minutes to spare. :cool1: However, the CM would no longer let us join the line. :sad: Izzy cried and I was really bummed. I asked the CM if I could just take a picture from where we were to try to get one of me with Dug in the background and she said okay (but seemed to think it was rather odd). But, I felt awkward and rushed and just got this terrible one:

Darn Dug wasn’t coorperating. >:( :rotfl:

The CM started asking questions about if we could come back later (nope, leaving park and this was our only AK day), if we had any other characters we wanted to meet, etc. I wondered where she was going with these questions, but I guess it was nowhere. :confused3 So, we headed off, a bit sad about missing out on meeting Dug. :sad1: (Thankfully, I managed to meet him last month at Disneyland, so finally have an updated avatar :thumbsup2).

Of course, this didn’t stop us from taking some more Photopass pictures on the way out:

Guess who was still pretty darn unhappy? :lmao:

So, why not add Tinkerbell? :tink:

We were leaving around 1pm and caught one more Photopass opportunity on our way out:

Hmmmm, one person is not too impressed by Stitch. :rotfl2: Another try:

Better! :thumbsup2

Up next: Another delightful lunch at Sanaa!

Looks like there was some work taking place on the savanna:

African termites.

However, she really wanted to see giraffes and they were lacking for quite a while. But, eventually, we did spot one:

Stealth giraffe.

And some more:

She must've been jumping in her seat!

:laughing: Wrong ride!

This made me laugh. It looks like Izzy is trying to take control over picture taking.

Izzy got carried away:

Dang. For whatever reason, I can't see the vid.
I'll have to switch computers and try it again.

You did far better than I did.
The most I've seen of him on three trips are his ears.

Behind the tree on that last one. Made me wonder how he got up there.

There's an escalator hidden from view.

I happened to notice this other stroller with the open popcorn container on the bottom was attracting hungry critters :scared: (not pictured):

:laughing: "Mabel, someone stole our popcorn again!"

Don’t leave your stroller with open food at WDW!

Or anywhere, really.

We were bummed that Dinosaur was down

Darn.

However, being it was much less than 24 hours until our existing ADR, I was worried that we’d get a cancellation/no-show fee on it,

Huh. I would've totally missed that.
"Oh, look! I can change our reservation! Done!"

Wouldn't have even considered the possibility of the fee.

(and this shows you how long that it's taking me to write this TR, since Maya is 3.5 months old now! :eek:):

:laughing: You suck!

(Says the guy with one of the slowest TRs on the boards.)

Ruh, roh.

Getting our Rider Swap ticket was really awkward, though. Izzy and I had to go all the way up with him and it was very crowded :crowded:, so we had to go backwards through that crowd afterwards, which just made me wonder if they thought I’d tried to take a toddler on and gotten turned away or something :confused3.

That's really poorly thought out.
If you're going to offer child swap, then why make the child stand in line?

watch trains come down the track (behind the guy looking at his phone :laughing:):

Excellent photography.

There was another little girl there eating a Mickey bar and I couldn’t resist a shot of her face covered in chocolate :mickeybar:

There's more chocolate there than face!

Well, after looking more closely at that very random picture (and I took several more of other trains after, not knowing which he was in), Dug’s right there :thumbsup2 (zoomed in to see him):

No way! :laughing:

Nice that I got that, as we don’t seem to have a Photopass for him. :confused:

Disney has technology to monitor when family members are taking pictures and photopass gets automatically turned off in those situations.

I don’t know if you can read it back there, but the Single Rider line was 40 minutes :eek::

What?!?!? I'm shocked it's any higher than 5!

Glad I had the Fast Pass/Rider Swap! ::yes::

::yes::

Huh. You're smarter than I am.
It never occurred to me to look up.

I had never noticed all the hair binders tossed here before:

It's a thing.

Must be a thing? :confused3

It is.

I enjoyed my ride. My not too interesting Photopass picture:

The woman holding her hat is funny.

Heading in:

This is my first look at the boneyard. I pictured it completely differently.

She went down a few more times, then we tried to move on. She did NOT want to leave and kept asking to go down the slide again.

::yes:: Been there.

Though she was upset about leaving, she was somewhat cheered by the prospect of meeting a dog (Dug).

Yay! My youngest DD would be the same.

And, selfishly, I really wanted to get to this meet to get an updated avatar picture for me on the DIS. :upsidedow

It's okay for Moms to be selfish once in a while.
And if you're really lucky, some day your kids will even allow it.

So, Izzy and I zipped over there and made it with 12 minutes to spare. :cool1: However, the CM would no longer let us join the line.

Oh, crap!

I asked the CM if I could just take a picture from where we were to try to get one of me with Dug in the background and she said okay (but seemed to think it was rather odd).

Shoulda told her you were on the DIS.
We're all a little odd.

Darn Dug wasn’t coorperating. :( :rotfl:

Bad dog! Bad!

Guess who was still pretty darn unhappy? :lmao:

:laughing: You didn't have to say it... it's pretty darned obvious!

Love how now she's got her back turned.

I wonder if that construction you saw on the safari was for the new night-time version (apparently there are screens to simulate dusk or something) or maybe for some of the new residents (painted dogs, etc.) :confused3

... not quite as impressive at the backside of water ;)

That was a pretty neat spot you found to wait and how cool you got a picture of Dug riding!

So not only are you trying to get an infant on to Everest you are now in the fastpass line without scanning your magic band? ;)

Glad things worked out with moving your Sanaa reservation. Pretty sure there isn't an issue with fees when you just move an ADR but to be honest not sure so probably didn't hurt to call

That stinks about them closing the line for meeting Dug ... I get why they have to do it especially with how popular some of the characters are, but that fact doesn't cheer up your toddler!

Great updates! Love the time spent at AK! We missed AK on this past trip...I know, I know, but we did have a meal at Sanaa to make up for it. It was delicious!
Sorry you didn't get your pic with Dug but looks like you got your Disneyland one to make up for it! Izzy did not seem to like leaving that slide! That does look like an incredibly fun slide though, and she looks really cute when mad!

We got the same FP+ notice about a ride being down on this past trip but for 7DMT. We ended up using it right when it opened up a few hours later. Whew because we wouldn't have been able to ride 7DMT without it later as the standby line got huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter