"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

And a funny video from our safari – Izzy randomly decides it’s a thrill ride :rotfl::
:thumbsup2

I can’t remember, but I think it was either birds or squirrels that I saw in there before I got the picture. Don’t leave your stroller with open food at WDW!
Why would you leave open food out in your stroller anywhere? :confused3

pregnant with Maya, so I was thinking about how she would soon have two riding in it (and this shows you how long that it's taking me to write this TR, since Maya is 3.5 months old now! :eek:):
:rotfl:

Getting our Rider Swap ticket was really awkward, though. Izzy and I had to go all the way up with him and it was very crowded :crowded:, so we had to go backwards through that crowd afterwards, which just made me wonder if they thought I’d tried to take a toddler on and gotten turned away or something :confused3.
o_OWhat?!? Crazy.

Well, after looking more closely at that very random picture (and I took several more of other trains after, not knowing which he was in), Dug’s right there :thumbsup2
Hey! Great shot!

Nice that I got that, as we don’t seem to have a Photopass for him. :confused:
boo!

I had never noticed all the hair binders tossed here before:

:crazy2: maybe they fall out as people try to get their hair tied back quickly? :confused3

She went down a few more times, then we tried to move on. She did NOT want to leave and kept asking to go down the slide again. Though she was upset about leaving, she was somewhat cheered by the prospect of meeting a dog (Dug). That meant that we really had to get out of there, as he was only meeting until 1pm and it was almost quarter to 1. And, selfishly, I really wanted to get to this meet to get an updated avatar picture for me on the DIS. :upsidedow
:rotfl::thumbsup2
So, Izzy and I zipped over there and made it with 12 minutes to spare. :cool1:
:cheer2:

However, the CM would no longer let us join the line. :sad: Izzy cried and I was really bummed.
:sad1: What a bummer.

Thankfully, I managed to meet him last month at Disneyland, so finally have an updated avatar :thumbsup2

So, why not add Tinkerbell? :tink:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Hmmmm, one person is not too impressed by Stitch.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Man, she really wasn't into the magic shots on this particular day huh? lolz

(By the way, on our recent Disneyland trip, the Rider Swap was completely different – they never once wanted to see Izzy or even Dug – just handed out Rider Swaps on request! :thumbsup2)
Hmm... it seems that we had to all approach the entrance to RSR to get RS passes, but I do remember on BTMRR they gave it to us at the loading platform on request. I thought it was odd and seemed easy to abuse, but it was very convenient.

Well, after looking more closely at that very random picture (and I took several more of other trains after, not knowing which he was in), Dug’s right there :thumbsup2 (zoomed in to see him):
Cool!

I don’t know if you can read it back there, but the Single Rider line was 40 minutes :eek::
Yikes! And this one is supposed to be a fast moving single rider line.

I've noticed it. I don't get it, but I've noticed it.

And, selfishly, I really wanted to get to this meet to get an updated avatar picture for me on the DIS. :upsidedow
Well, it is your trip too.

The CM started asking questions about if we could come back later (nope, leaving park and this was our only AK day), if we had any other characters we wanted to meet, etc. I wondered where she was going with these questions, but I guess it was nowhere. :confused3 So, we headed off, a bit sad about missing out on meeting Dug. :sad1:
Well, that stinks that you missed him and the CM led you on... I get why they close the lines, but when you're there 12 minutes before the posted end time, you'd tend to think you've got plenty of time. I'm sorry you couldn't meet him.

Hmmmm, one person is not too impressed by Stitch. :rotfl2: Another try:
Hey, at least she isn't in full on meltdown mode for all those pictures. Not bad at all!

There was another little girl there eating a Mickey bar and I couldn’t resist a shot of her face covered in chocolate :mickeybar:

Lol this is really cute! If it got all over her face, she must have enjoyed herself though!:rotfl:
I don’t know if you can read it back there, but the Single Rider line was 40 minutes :eek::
:scared1: Wow! It must have been busy that day!
I had to comment on this. Is this Scooby Doo?!:rotfl: If so, I think the Yeti should have chased his doggy tail back to Universal where he belongs!:rotfl2:

Great pictures while riding. I always want to try and get some of these, but that Yeti is too scary;):rotfl2:

The CM started asking questions about if we could come back later (nope, leaving park and this was our only AK day), if we had any other characters we wanted to meet, etc. I wondered where she was going with these questions, but I guess it was nowhere. :confused3 So, we headed off, a bit sad about missing out on meeting Dug. :sad1: (Thankfully, I managed to meet him last month at Disneyland, so finally have an updated avatar :thumbsup2).
Aw, too bad about not meeting Dug. From the way the CM was asking you those questions, you would think they would grant you a little pixie dust for the moment... That's great you were able to meet him soon after across the country in DL!:thumbsup2

WOW-you were lucky to get that shot of Dug, he looks like he is having a blast! That is the kind of photo you show to people who "dont get" Disney...

Busy AK day! I'm sorry Dinosaur was closed but it sounds like you and Dug both had fun rides on EE!

Getting kids out of the Boneyard is so hard. It's like they can finally run free and don't want to give it up!

Sorry about missing out on meeting Dug this time around but glad you caught him in Disneyland!

Those pictures of Izzy crack me up. She could not have less interest in having her picture taken! Totally over it!

African termites.

Stealth giraffe.
::yes::

She must've been jumping in her seat!
She was rather pleased. :goodvibes

:laughing: Wrong ride!

This made me laugh. It looks like Izzy is trying to take control over picture taking.
I don't doubt that she was. She likes to be in control.

Dang. For whatever reason, I can't see the vid.
I'll have to switch computers and try it again.
Photobucket has been weird for me lately (that's where the video is) - I used to be able to always watch them fine, now I have to switch browsers to see them. No idea why. :confused3

You did far better than I did.
The most I've seen of him on three trips are his ears.
I was thrilled to see him after a number of rides on previous trips without a lion sighting. This was pretty good!

There's an escalator hidden from view.
Not an elevator?

:laughing: "Mabel, someone stole our popcorn again!"
popcorn::

Or anywhere, really.
Very true.

:headache:

Huh. I would've totally missed that.
"Oh, look! I can change our reservation! Done!"

Wouldn't have even considered the possibility of the fee.
I think you would have been fine. I was just worried we'd get hit with a fee and I thought it would be a quick call. Not so much, but they got it done.

:laughing: You suck!

(Says the guy with one of the slowest TRs on the boards.)
:rotfl2: Any good trip report has to at least span a year, right? ::yes::

Ruh, roh.
:scared:

That's really poorly thought out.
If you're going to offer child swap, then why make the child stand in line?
I hate that you have to bring the kid up there. Plus, it sets the kid up for disappointment if they misunderstand and think they are going on the ride. On our recent Disneyland trip, however, we got a ton of rider swaps just for the asking (no kid or even other parent present and they didn't bat an eyelash - very different than WDW).

Excellent photography.

:rolleyes:
Why, thank you! :rotfl:

There's more chocolate there than face!
I know! I couldn't resist a picture - even though I generally try not to take direct pictures of someone else's kid. But, you know, her face is heavily disguised in chocolate, so should be okay. :mickeybar

I couldn't believe it when I zoomed in and he was there! :eek:

Disney has technology to monitor when family members are taking pictures and photopass gets automatically turned off in those situations.
My Magic Band probably alerted the Photopass. :idea:

What?!?!? I'm shocked it's any higher than 5!
Me too! That's why I took a (lousy) picture. Couldn't believe that!

Yay for Rider Swaps and Fast Passes! :cool1:

Huh. You're smarter than I am.
It never occurred to me to look up.
ALWAYS look up at Disney. :upsidedow

It's a thing.
:rotfl2:

The woman holding her hat is funny.
Every time I see that picture, Big Thunder's "hold on to your hats and glasses" spiel pops into my head.

This is my first look at the boneyard. I pictured it completely differently.
Well, depends what part. There is a whole other section that is a big sand pit for digging and that's all I pictured before I saw the rest of it.

::yes:: Been there.
:goodvibes

Yay! My youngest DD would be the same.
Doggies are cool. :dog2:

It's okay for Moms to be selfish once in a while.
And if you're really lucky, some day your kids will even allow it.
At least when they don't know about it. ;)

Oh, crap!
:sad2:

Shoulda told her you were on the DIS.
We're all a little odd.
True.

Bad dog! Bad!
I should have brought a treat along...

:laughing: You didn't have to say it... it's pretty darned obvious!

Love how now she's got her back turned.
At least she's in the picture. :rotfl2:

Love!! We just got back and I'm about to start my very first trip report- you've inspired me! :goodvibes
Thank you! How was your trip? Have you started the report yet? Let me know! :goodvibes

I wonder if that construction you saw on the safari was for the new night-time version (apparently there are screens to simulate dusk or something) or maybe for some of the new residents (painted dogs, etc.) :confused3
Hmmm, no idea, but would make sense.

... not quite as impressive at the backside of water ;)
Yeah, not quite as soothing. :rotfl:

That was a pretty neat spot you found to wait and how cool you got a picture of Dug riding!
Shade was certainly nice - a lot of people were hanging around there. I can't believe I randomly got a ride picture of him.

So not only are you trying to get an infant on to Everest you are now in the fastpass line without scanning your magic band? ;)
If you're going to break the rules, break them all. :goodvibes

Glad things worked out with moving your Sanaa reservation. Pretty sure there isn't an issue with fees when you just move an ADR but to be honest not sure so probably didn't hurt to call
Yes, I think it would have been fine to just move, but we just didn't want to take any chances and didn't think it would be a long call like that.

That stinks about them closing the line for meeting Dug ... I get why they have to do it especially with how popular some of the characters are, but that fact doesn't cheer up your toddler!
Exactly. And 12 minutes before the end of the meet was odd, especially because it wasn't a crazy long line. Oh, well. :sad1:

Great updates! Love the time spent at AK! We missed AK on this past trip...I know, I know, but we did have a meal at Sanaa to make up for it. It was delicious!
Love Sanaa! That's coming up next in this TR!

Sorry you didn't get your pic with Dug but looks like you got your Disneyland one to make up for it! Izzy did not seem to like leaving that slide! That does look like an incredibly fun slide though, and she looks really cute when mad!
Yes, I was on a mission in Disneyland to finally get that pic. I actually have a whole bunch of them. :rotfl: Poor Dug (dog) - he had an unplanned photo shoot. It was a fun slide and she could have stayed there all day.

We got the same FP+ notice about a ride being down on this past trip but for 7DMT. We ended up using it right when it opened up a few hours later. Whew because we wouldn't have been able to ride 7DMT without it later as the standby line got huge.
Glad you were able to still get on with it later! I like that they allow you to use the FP+ pretty flexibly when something like that happens.

I'm excited for her to get on the "real" thrill rides - I think she's going to be a fan!

Why would you leave open food out in your stroller anywhere? :confused3
I agree! I mean, at Disneyland we had a situation where we had to leave popcorn in our stroller unexpectedly (not allowed to bring it into a movie preview) and that freaked me out - we ended up using a plastic bib like plastic wrap to cover/seal it while we were gone. Seemed to work, but not something I'd choose to do.

o_OWhat?!? Crazy.
Very awkward to be backing through that crowd while holding a kid. :crowded:

Hey! Great shot!
Thanks!

At least I got my distant version of Photopass. :rotfl:

:crazy2: maybe they fall out as people try to get their hair tied back quickly? :confused3
Everyone suddenly decides, "Well, the track is ending, so my hair will be a mess if we fly off, better take care of that..." and then the train whips backwards and catches them off guard, mid-ponytail? :confused3 :rotfl2:

:sad1: What a bummer.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Man, she really wasn't into the magic shots on this particular day huh? lolz
:rotfl2: She really wasn't at all. I thin she was photo-ed out.

Hmm... it seems that we had to all approach the entrance to RSR to get RS passes, but I do remember on BTMRR they gave it to us at the loading platform on request. I thought it was odd and seemed easy to abuse, but it was very convenient.
I think we literally NEVER had Izzy present when obtaining a Rider Swap at Disneyland. The first time was a genuine, "Oh, shoot, I forgot they had to come with and they went to the restroom." When they CM didn't blink on that, I guess we just felt we could test our boundaries. I didn't ever give another reason either. Just, "I need a rider swap" and they gave me one. :confused3

I still can't believe I got a picture of him riding.

Yikes! And this one is supposed to be a fast moving single rider line.
I know, so strange! It was really mobbed there, though.

I've noticed it. I don't get it, but I've noticed it.
You are more observant than I am.

Well, it is your trip too.

Well, that stinks that you missed him and the CM led you on... I get why they close the lines, but when you're there 12 minutes before the posted end time, you'd tend to think you've got plenty of time. I'm sorry you couldn't meet him.
Right, I knew we were pushing it a bit, but I wouldn't have thought they'd cut off that soon in advance. :sad1:

Hey, at least she isn't in full on meltdown mode for all those pictures. Not bad at all!
Very true! I'll take grumpy over meltdown.

Lol this is really cute! If it got all over her face, she must have enjoyed herself though!:rotfl:
I'm sure she did! :mickeybar

:scared1: Wow! It must have been busy that day!
I guess it was. I didn't really notice except at Everest, though. I just now looked it up on Touring Plans and I guess AK was an 8 out of 10 that day.

I had to comment on this. Is this Scooby Doo?!:rotfl: If so, I think the Yeti should have chased his doggy tail back to Universal where he belongs!:rotfl2:
I think it was! :rotfl2:

Great pictures while riding. I always want to try and get some of these, but that Yeti is too scary;):rotfl2:
I was happy I managed to get a few decent ones. :thumbsup2 (and get away from the yeti, of course)

Aw, too bad about not meeting Dug. From the way the CM was asking you those questions, you would think they would grant you a little pixie dust for the moment... That's great you were able to meet him soon after across the country in DL!:thumbsup2
I totally thought there was pixie dust coming, so a bit awkward. o_O Glad I finally got to update that old avatar (Izzy was 14 months in the one I had, so it was feeling really outdated).

WOW-you were lucky to get that shot of Dug, he looks like he is having a blast! That is the kind of photo you show to people who "dont get" Disney...
He had a great ride!

Busy AK day! I'm sorry Dinosaur was closed but it sounds like you and Dug both had fun rides on EE!
We did and it wasn't a huge loss. Just a hit to our plans, really.

Getting kids out of the Boneyard is so hard. It's like they can finally run free and don't want to give it up!
Yes, it's SO difficult to pry Izzy away from any slide.

Sorry about missing out on meeting Dug this time around but glad you caught him in Disneyland!
Thanks!

Those pictures of Izzy crack me up. She could not have less interest in having her picture taken! Totally over it!
Yep, she was just DONE with pictures. :rotfl:

Eating with the Animals

After our photobomb with Stitch :stitch2:, we made our way to the bus stop:

We were on a bus to AKL at 1:09pm, sitting next to a solo guy that was great with Izzy and very fun to talk to:

You can see Izzy found a new buddy. :goodvibes

We made it to Kidani only a few minutes late for our ADR:

Leaf imprinted path:

And we’re in:

Upon entering, Izzy insisted that she HAD to take her shoes off. :rotfl2: She wouldn’t take no for an answer, so I figured you pick your battles and shoeless in Sanaa was not one I was going to fight:

So, with that, we headed in:

Izzy had fun goofing around while waiting for our buzzer to go off:

She said she was “napping” there. I think I took her to the bathroom too. I doubt she actually went.

And we saw some animals:

We were soon seated at a nice window table, as we’d requested. Always worth waiting for here. :thumbsup2

We started by ordering the bread service. Our waitress was very nice and informed us that they now automatically include all 5 types of naan and all of the accompaniments. Yay! (I think I also heard her tell another table that it works as an appetizer for 2 on the dining plan). Mmmm, so yummy:

Everything was delicious and I loved many of the dips. Surprisingly, Izzy wasn’t very interested in the bread, so she amused herself by watching the animals:

Dug and I shared the Smoked Turkey (Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade, With a Hint of Hickory Smoke, Garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries):

It was tasty! I love cherries. Meanwhile, Izzy was having a good time unwrapping all the straws at the table. :confused3

Soon, they fed the animals fairly near our window and we basically had a parade of animals to watch as we dined:

And a video clip:

(click to watch)

Dug and I ordered a combo to share. We got Butter Chicken, Jasmine Rice, and Tomato Soup with Paneer:

We loved everything.

Izzy had mac and cheese with fruit:

Get used to Izzy eating mac and cheese on this trip…hey, vacation, why not have it at nearly every meal? :lmao:

We continued to enjoy the animal viewing while we ate:

I had to take Izzy out to the restroom a couple of times during lunch. I think she finally used the potty. I also had to change her outfit at one point, as she spilled milk on herself (constant demands of “lid off!” on her cup this trip). I think it was on one of those bathroom trips that she slipped and fell in the hallway, given that she was only wearing socks. :headache:

Back to eating:

And goofing off:

Izzy didn’t finish her mac and cheese, but Dug decided to get creative and use our leftover naan dips to top off the mac and cheese (he said it was good):

All done:

We finally finished up lunch around 3pm. I think I convinced Izzy to wear shoes again (or at least play with them for a heavily backlit selfie):

Up next: Heading for Downtown Disney.

We were on a bus to AKL at 1:09pm, sitting next to a solo guy that was great with Izzy and very fun to talk to:
:lovestruc
Upon entering, Izzy insisted that she HAD to take her shoes off. :rotfl2: She wouldn’t take no for an answer, so I figured you pick your battles and shoeless in Sanaa was not one I was going to fight:
:rotfl::thumbsup2

Get used to Izzy eating mac and cheese on this trip…hey, vacation, why not have it at nearly every meal? :lmao:
Sounds like a little Miss I know.;...:rolleyes1:rolleyes2

I had to take Izzy out to the restroom a couple of times during lunch. I think she finally used the potty. I also had to change her outfit at one point, as she spilled milk on herself (constant demands of “lid off!” on her cup this trip).
Ah yes the glorious insistence for a level of independence they aren't ready for.

I think it was on one of those bathroom trips that she slipped and fell in the hallway, given that she was only wearing socks. :headache:
Oh no! Well I would have used it as a big fiat see I told you so moment. :thumbsup2

All caught up!

The FP line for Safari really is deceiving. I guess it's because everyone bottlenecks near the MagicBand readers.

I'm with Izzy...the giraffes are the best part of the safari!

I can't believe that CM wouldn't let you get in line to meet Dug. You were there 12 minutes early...and it was obvious Izzy really wanted to meet him. She looks so bummed in those photopass pictures afterwards.

Your lunch sounds delicious! I'm with you on the picking your battles. Shoes off in a restaurant does not sound like something worth fighting over...I'm sure there was something that came up later in the day that was a more important battle to win.

Glad you got to Sanaa no problem. I hear you about picking your battles - still frustrating though when they just won't listen:rotfl2:

I think I took her to the bathroom too. I doubt she actually went.
... ah, gotta love that stag. And of course the biggest fear is that you won't take them because you know they don't really need to go ... and then they do

We started by ordering the bread service. Our waitress was very nice and informed us that they now automatically include all 5 types of naan and all of the accompaniments. Yay! (I think I also heard her tell another table that it works as an appetizer for 2 on the dining plan). Mmmm, so yummy:

Interesting that they only have the option with all the sauces - though I guess it makes sense in relation to the dining plan ... definitely looks really good!

Dug and I shared the Smoked Turkey (Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade, With a Hint of Hickory Smoke, Garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries):

Your drink looks really good too! Sanaa seems to be a sneaky good place for drinks and beer - I remember Judi really liking her drink she had gotten there

Izzy didn’t finish her mac and cheese, but Dug decided to get creative and use our leftover naan dips to top off the mac and cheese (he said it was good):

Makes perfect sense to me! ... and added bonus of being "forced" to get all the dipping sauces ;)

Sanaa really is an overlooked gem of a dining option - and having the animals there to help distract the kids is just an added bonus

Hats off to you man! I don't know if I could take a 2 year old. I can barely handle DH, myself, and a 10 year old:rotfl2:

Behind the tree on that last one. Made me wonder how he got up there. :confused3

Ha i've always wondered that too! Glad i'm not the only one.

I can’t remember, but I think it was either birds or squirrels that I saw in there before I got the picture. Don’t leave your stroller with open food at WDW!

Yikes, heck no! I wouldn't anywhere anyway in case someone sticks their hand in it or throws something in it :scared:

IMG_0318_zpsjcxgjk7b.png

Interesting that they asked you to change it, never seen this before. At least they're on top of it, instead of you going all the way over there and it being closed.

Having that bit of extra AK time sounded good to us, so we wanted to do that. However, being it was much less than 24 hours until our existing ADR, I was worried that we’d get a cancellation/no-show fee on it, so Dug chose to call to change the ADRs, rather than using the app.

YES! I now know this next time. I thought that by modifying it on the app I would be fine, but we did end up getting charged $40 when we returned. I called and luckily they just reversed the charge.

Good eye! :thumbsup2

Are those really hair elastics?! Never noticed that before.

And, selfishly, I really wanted to get to this meet to get an updated avatar picture for me on the DIS.

:rotfl:I knew this was the true reason!

Darn Dug wasn’t coorperating. :( :rotfl:

:lmao:

Guess who was still pretty darn unhappy? :lmao:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:This photo cracks me up!

Yay for being in a better mood at least!

I'm still trying to convince DH to go with me to Sanaa just for the bread service! I'm like, "Dude, you can leave after the bread service if you want!" :laughing: He just has no interest. I'm still down to go by myself again though.

This is DH's FAVORITE drink. In fact, for Christmas one year, I did a gift bag of the Red Stag, Odwalla Lemonade and those exact cherries. Most expensive cherries ever :scared1:

I don't doubt that she was. She likes to be in control.

You're going to be in soooo much trouble.

Wait. You probably already are.

Not an elevator?

Now you're just being silly.

:rotfl2: Any good trip report has to at least span a year, right? ::yes::

I hate that you have to bring the kid up there. Plus, it sets the kid up for disappointment if they misunderstand and think they are going on the ride.

That's what I was thinking!
"Yay! I'm finally going on a ride with you! It looks so exciting!"

Not so fast.

On our recent Disneyland trip, however, we got a ton of rider swaps just for the asking (no kid or even other parent present and they didn't bat an eyelash - very different than WDW).

Strange. Same company...

I know! I couldn't resist a picture - even though I generally try not to take direct pictures of someone else's kid. But, you know, her face is heavily disguised in chocolate, so should be okay. :mickeybar

You're okay. You can take pictures of anyone in a public space and publish them as long as there's no expectation of privacy, the photo isn't used for advertising or is defamatory or indecent.

My Magic Band probably alerted the Photopass. :idea:

Sure. Let's go with that. :rolleyes1

ALWAYS look up at Disney. :upsidedow

Now you tell me!

Every time I see that picture, Big Thunder's "hold on to your hats and glasses" spiel pops into my head.

Well, depends what part. There is a whole other section that is a big sand pit for digging and that's all I pictured before I saw the rest of it.

That's the only part that I'd even heard of.

Doggies are cool. :dog2:

I should have brought a treat along...

Next time make sure you always carry one.

Going back to read...

And she still has her back to the camera!

We made it to Kidani only a few minutes late for our ADR:

How worried were you that you'd miss it?

She knew that it's customary in Africa to take shoes off when entering a home.

I have no idea if that's true or not (probably not,) but it sounds good.

:goodvibes

And we saw some animals:

That's a big dog.

We were soon seated at a nice window table, as we’d requested.

Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if I'll ever eat there, but.... window table. Check.

Look at all that! Holy cow!

Izzy wasn’t very interested in the bread, so she amused herself by watching the animals:

Which let you and Dug enjoy your meal.

Double bourbon! Hello!
"Mommy? Why are you pushing the stroller in a crooked line?"

Meanwhile, Izzy was having a good time unwrapping all the straws at the table.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Soon, they fed the animals fairly near our window and we basically had a parade of animals to watch as we dined:

They do that??? No way! Cool.

:laughing: First visit when youngest DD was 4. That's the only thing she ate all trip.

I also had to change her outfit at one point, as she spilled milk on herself (constant demands of “lid off!” on her cup this trip).

Did you cry over it?

I think it was on one of those bathroom trips that she slipped and fell in the hallway, given that she was only wearing socks. :headache:

Whoops! As long as she didn't get hurt.

I don't know if you did that by mistake or by design, but I like it.

Sanaa looks amazing! And now that I see that mac & cheese I would feel totally ok bringing the boys there.

This is on my list for my solo trip in October. The Naan service sound delicious and love the views of the animals.

And I agree - pick your battles! No shoes is better than a grumpy kid any day!

Fun to have a nice Disney-loving guy to chat with!

Eh, who needs shoes to eat lunch? :rotfl:

Sounds like a little Miss I know.;...:rolleyes1:rolleyes2
Can't go wrong with mac and cheese. We ended up having two meals out this weekend and she got it at both.

Ah yes the glorious insistence for a level of independence they aren't ready for.
::yes:: Frequent situation around here.

Oh no! Well I would have used it as a big fiat see I told you so moment. :thumbsup2
I believe I did - at least explained to her that shoes would have prevented this.

All caught up!

The FP line for Safari really is deceiving. I guess it's because everyone bottlenecks near the MagicBand readers.
Must be. Certainly a scary sight at first until it starts moving along again.

I'm with Izzy...the giraffes are the best part of the safari!
I agree - I always love watching them.

I can't believe that CM wouldn't let you get in line to meet Dug. You were there 12 minutes early...and it was obvious Izzy really wanted to meet him. She looks so bummed in those photopass pictures afterwards.
She was really bummed - between Triceratop Spin being down, having to stop going down the slide, then Dug's line being closed...not a good run of luck.

Your lunch sounds delicious! I'm with you on the picking your battles. Shoes off in a restaurant does not sound like something worth fighting over...I'm sure there was something that came up later in the day that was a more important battle to win.
Exactly. And, in general, taking shoes off when you enter someone's home is good - so I didn't want to ruin her attempt to be polite. :thumbsup2

Glad you got to Sanaa no problem. I hear you about picking your battles - still frustrating though when they just won't listen:rotfl2:
Yes, frustrating as I tried to tell her that we keep shoes on at restaurants and it isn't like someone's house, but she wasn't hearing that.

... ah, gotta love that stag. And of course the biggest fear is that you won't take them because you know they don't really need to go ... and then they do
We had to deal with that SO much on this trip.

Interesting that they only have the option with all the sauces - though I guess it makes sense in relation to the dining plan ... definitely looks really good!
It was - we would have ordered all the dips anyway, so it was nice to know they made it all-inclusive.

Your drink looks really good too! Sanaa seems to be a sneaky good place for drinks and beer - I remember Judi really liking her drink she had gotten there
Yeah, we've always enjoyed what we've had there too.

Makes perfect sense to me! ... and added bonus of being "forced" to get all the dipping sauces ;)
Might as well make good use of them.

Sanaa really is an overlooked gem of a dining option - and having the animals there to help distract the kids is just an added bonus
We really love Sanaa. Good food, seldom crowded, and great animal viewing. One of our favorites (we've only had lunch there, so I can't speak to dinner).

Hats off to you man! I don't know if I could take a 2 year old. I can barely handle DH, myself, and a 10 year old:rotfl2:
:lmao: Thanks, it's certainly an adventure!

Ha i've always wondered that too! Glad i'm not the only one.
:goodvibes Great minds!

Yikes, heck no! I wouldn't anywhere anyway in case someone sticks their hand in it or throws something in it :scared:
:crazy2: True, you never know what might soil your treats.

Interesting that they asked you to change it, never seen this before. At least they're on top of it, instead of you going all the way over there and it being closed.
Yeah, it was nice to have all those options, at least.

YES! I now know this next time. I thought that by modifying it on the app I would be fine, but we did end up getting charged $40 when we returned. I called and luckily they just reversed the charge.
Oh, really, you DID get charged? We got the impression from the CM we spoke to that it wouldn't have been an issue. Glad we called!

Good eye! :thumbsup2
Lucky shot.

Are those really hair elastics?! Never noticed that before.
Yes, and I'd never noticed them either. :confused3

:rotfl:I knew this was the true reason!
:rotfl: You know me too well.

Impressive, huh?

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:This photo cracks me up!
Me too - at this point, nobody was even attempting to get a good photo of her. :rotfl:

Yay for being in a better mood at least!

I'm still trying to convince DH to go with me to Sanaa just for the bread service! I'm like, "Dude, you can leave after the bread service if you want!" :laughing: He just has no interest. I'm still down to go by myself again though.
I don't understand why people don't want to go there (and are afraid of the menu). The food is so good and it's not all exotic. I mean, you can get tomato soup and even dip bread in that. Or the chicken pita things we've gotten before (can't remember the name) are not too wild at all. There are a lot of great options, even for non-adventurous eaters.

This is DH's FAVORITE drink. In fact, for Christmas one year, I did a gift bag of the Red Stag, Odwalla Lemonade and those exact cherries. Most expensive cherries ever :scared1:
Well, maybe this is the answer to how you get DH there! :idea:

You're going to be in soooo much trouble.

Wait. You probably already are.
::yes:: Yep, I have a 3-year-old boss and she is a million times more demanding than my boss at work.

Now you're just being silly.

The longer, the better... :blush:

That's what I was thinking!
"Yay! I'm finally going on a ride with you! It looks so exciting!"

Not so fast.
Exactly - I mean, they should try to keep the ride completely out of sight of the kids who can't ride.

Strange. Same company...
I was surprised how different Rider Swap was handled. I liked the DLR version much better.

You're okay. You can take pictures of anyone in a public space and publish them as long as there's no expectation of privacy, the photo isn't used for advertising or is defamatory or indecent.
Well, I better pull those ads I was going to run. :rotfl2: I know, I just feel weird about posting direct pictures of other kids...I occasionally do, but pretty limited.

Sure. Let's go with that. :rolleyes1

Now you tell me!
Happy to help. :goodvibes

:cool2:

That's the only part that I'd even heard of.
Same here, but it is quite a big place and you have to venture far into it to even get to that sand pit.

:dog:

Next time make sure you always carry one.

Going back to read...
Note to self: bring treat for Dug (dog) on next trip.

And she still has her back to the camera!
I often see her back side...

How worried were you that you'd miss it?
Eh, not much. We were horribly, awfully late to a lot of things on this trip. :o This one wasn't bad.

She knew that it's customary in Africa to take shoes off when entering a home.

I have no idea if that's true or not (probably not,) but it sounds good.
Sounds good to me! ::yes::

She was in a much better mood with that buzzer in hand.

That's a big dog.
:laughing:

Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if I'll ever eat there, but.... window table. Check.
Definitely window table. :thumbsup2

Look at all that! Holy cow!
Impressive, huh?

Which let you and Dug enjoy your meal.
Certainly helps. ::yes::

Double bourbon! Hello!
"Mommy? Why are you pushing the stroller in a crooked line?"

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Whatever keeps her occupied.

They do that??? No way! Cool.
It was pretty sweet to see them all parade by like that.

:laughing: First visit when youngest DD was 4. That's the only thing she ate all trip.
Can't go wrong with mac and cheese.

Did you cry over it?
Not this time!

Whoops! As long as she didn't get hurt.
No, mostly just scared.

I don't know if you did that by mistake or by design, but I like it.
Total accident, but thanks!

Sanaa looks amazing! And now that I see that mac & cheese I would feel totally ok bringing the boys there.
Yeah, the kids menu is a good mix of standards and some slightly creative things.

This is on my list for my solo trip in October. The Naan service sound delicious and love the views of the animals.
Glad you have it on the list - we really love lunch there and have come back several times!

And I agree - pick your battles! No shoes is better than a grumpy kid any day!
Agreed!

Every Saturday is Downtown Disney Dinner Day

Dug was wiped out at that point and really wanted a bit of down time before we made our way to Downtown Disney. He insisted on finding a nice place in Kidani to relax and put his feet up. I tried to follow suit:

So did Izzy:

But that didn’t last long. :rotfl: Dug was happily resting, but Izzy and I were restless and ended up exploring a bit outside:

We soon discovered there was an empty couch in front of a TV playing Disney Junior:

We chilled there for a bit. Octonauts was on, which we were not familiar with, but Izzy enjoyed it. I hopped on the DIS and made this very quick post:

Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

Looks like Izzy was still pretty goofy:

After a bit, Dug was up and ready to go, so we made our way out, with minor distraction:

We were out at the bus stop at 3:50pm. Izzy was clearly exhausted, having skipped naptime all trip so far:

(click to watch)

I was hoping she could get in a brief nap in her stroller at Downtown Disney before we went to dinner. But, spoiler alert, that didn’t happen. :sad2:

There was a bus time display that told us we had a 12 minute wait for a Downtown Disney bus:

Izzy was now on my lap, so why not pass the time with selfies:

I had texted back and forth with Lauren (@Imagineer5) a bit, as we were meeting for dinner at T-Rex. Our ADR was for 5pm and she was asking about moving it earlier. Given that it was after 4pm and we were just getting on the bus and felt like we’d just finished lunch, we decided to keep it at 5pm.

Our bus showed up a few minutes behind schedule and we were on our way at 4:07pm:

There was an awesome couple seated across from us on the bus. They were an older couple, now retired, that lived locally. Every Saturday was their Disney Day and they always went to Downtown Disney for dinner (I believe to a specific restaurant, but can’t recall which one). They had both been Cast Members at some point and I think the guy still was a few days per week. They were incredibly nice to talk to. And I had to sneak a little picture of them in their matching shirts (and matching posture):

They were just too darn cute! :lovestruc And I think most of us on the DIS would love to be them someday – having a Disney Day tradition and all. I could deal with that. :thumbsup2

Izzy was trying to charm them, I guess:

And Dug was apparently being goofy too:

We arrived around 4:30pm:

I believe we started with a bathroom stop. And then Izzy took a picture in a blue shirt:

Dug and I planned to meet back up (after restrooms) in the Days of Christmas store, so Izzy and I headed over there to browse and look for Dug. This was a cute ornament:

Izzy didn’t take long to find all of the Frozen merchandise:

Looks like she found some non-Frozen princesses too:

We ended up getting this R2MK ornament later on:

We like to get at least one ornament to commemorate every trip and this seemed appropriate, given the Star Wars Weekends focus. I didn’t discover until Christmas that it actually has a switch on it and lights up when you turn it on. Pretty cool!

Izzy liked checking out all the Pixar ornaments:

As we wandered around, I kept looking for Dug and was surprised I hadn’t yet found him. :confused: The store isn’t THAT big. Well, turns out he moved on to this store without telling me :headache::

Wish he would have mentioned it, but we did eventually find each other somehow. But not until Izzy and I had covered every corner of the Christmas store, waiting around for Dug. She found a bunch of Stitches:

I found another ornament contender:

Didn’t get it, but maybe I should’ve – could have been a collector item, since SWW no longer exists. :sad1:

And Izzy found the Minnies (dressed like the couple from the bus! :rotfl:):

By the time we found each other, we had to head over to T-Rex for dinner. On the way, Izzy spotted both the choo-choo train and the carousel and wanted to ride. We told her maybe later:

Up next: Dinner with friends and dinosaurs!

::yes:: Yep, I have a 3-year-old boss and she is a million times more demanding than my boss at work.

:lmao:

Exactly - I mean, they should try to keep the ride completely out of sight of the kids who can't ride.

::yes:: That would explain why parents are always doing... this:
"Look over there! Isn't that pretty/interesting/wonderful/whatever."

And they're always pointing in the opposite direction of a good ride.

Well, I better pull those ads I was going to run. :rotfl2: I know, I just feel weird about posting direct pictures of other kids...I occasionally do, but pretty limited.

The way I see it, it's good to know what's legal and what isn't.
Having said that, if I have a photo of some random (or even not random) kid in a photo and a parent asks me to remove it, I'm going to do it.
I don't have to, but it's the right thing to do, you know?

Same here, but it is quite a big place and you have to venture far into it to even get to that sand pit.

Huh. Had no idea.

I often see her back side...

:laughing:

Eh, not much. We were horribly, awfully late to a lot of things on this trip. :o This one wasn't bad.

:rolleyes:

She was in a much better mood with that buzzer in hand.

It's like a magical talisman.

Impressive, huh?

Yes!!

It was pretty sweet to see them all parade by like that.

I bet!

Can't go wrong with mac and cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter