"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Nice when you can have a calm morning - trips can be so "rush, rush, rush!" at times.

I love Dug's tropical shirt!

Also love Izzy's hat - too bad she didn't wear it more

Sorry to laugh but Izzy giving you all the stink eye is pretty funny :rotfl:

Glad you eventually found the location for the meet & greet - and I do love the pictures from their worldly travels!

We leave on Friday for Hawaii and will be there until the 18th.
I just saw this today! :rotfl2: No wonder you were surprised when you got back!

She agreed with my outfit selection for her today (yay!)
:dancer: Its cute too!

And by briefly, I mean that she wore it for a few minutes indoors and that was the only time the entire trip. :rotfl2: Can’t win ‘em all.
But hey, you at least got a photo of her in it! :thumbsup2

(Really only took this so I’d remember the story, but why not throw it in there? I’m pretty sure this will happen again in this TR…:rolleyes1)
:rotfl::rotfl2: YES! I'm not the only one that does this!

AK_ENTR2_7311085952_zpsts5vbnu2.jpeg
Oh my! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I determined it was due to Mickey standing on her head:

:rotfl::thumbsup2

I’m pretty sure I just accidentally found it last time. And then wandered around until I found it again the second time that trip. :blush: But Dug is always great with knowing his way around, so I wasn’t concerned. Except that he’d never done this meet before and hadn’t looked ahead to see where it was (silly Dug, thinking I’d remember! :confused3)
:rotfl:

Awwww.... so cute.

We had her dressed and ready to head out at 8:42am:

Love the hat! Keep it on, Izzy!

She agreed with my outfit selection for her today (yay!)

:faint:

She even briefly wore the Olaf sun hat I’d picked up for her. And by briefly, I mean that she wore it for a few minutes indoors and that was the only time the entire trip. :rotfl2:

:laughing: Well, even a few minutes is a victory.

Stalker photo.

As you can see, Izzy insisted on toting around her blankie again:

I remember those days.
And I mean me. Last week.

Sometimes you just need your blankie.

We knew that meant no opening show for us, but we were happy with the choice of a semi-leisurely morning vs. seeing the AK show.

Hm. I don't remember an opening show at AK when I was there last year.
Hmmm...

Turns out that Izzy didn’t like us impeding our progress towards Mickey and Minnie :sad2::

Well, duh!

:lmao:

So, since she was being grumpy, I determined it was due to Mickey standing on her head:

This seems logical.

we are now in “Mal Kingdom”, which just doesn’t have the same ring to it

No. But I like it! So much shorter and quicker to say.

There were construction walls up, no surprise:

yep. and lots of em.

Nice! Hadn't seen that before.

A slow morning is nice when it seems like most days you're rushing to get to the park.

Very, hmm, sweet family picture you have there. Somehow, I don't think that will be making it into any of the new Disney promos!

If you're going to take a detour, at least it was a pretty one!

Hope nobody minds me just throwing a one post Disneyland pre-trip report into the mix here.
Yes, please! I am so excited for you. :flower1:

I am a bit worried about the ride refurbishment situation.
We are making our first trip to DL soon and also have been sad about all the closed attractions, especially the classic, iconic ones and Aladdin. But there is still so much to do, I am sure it will be okay.

there are no FP+ reservations to make...
Woo hoo! Love old school paper FP! So excited to experience this again.

I managed to get in on the $69.95 Photopass+ pre-order before they got rid of it
Jealous. I missed the the boat on this one. :boat:
...and the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
...and the Sailing Ship Columbia
...and the Mark Twain Riverboat
...and the raft to Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.

Not that I'm cranky about it. :scratchin

HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP! :cheer2:

AK is a great park to have a slow morning in, especially when you FP all your Must Do's.

Izzy's face in the photopass pictures at the front of the park made me laugh. She was NOT thrilled to be taking photos.

The queue for the Mickey and Minnie Greet is one of my favorites. Everything in AK is just so well themed!

I'm all caught up! Loved seeing the BWV pictures. I always forget how much I love it there until I see pictures of it. I think we've stayed there so many times that it's like oh yeah, the Boardwalk...and then I am reminded of just how much I enjoy it there.

Good for you for the relaxing morning - it is so hard to do at WDW!

I hope your trip to Hawaii was amazing and have a great trip to DL! I'm so Jealous!

Just wanted to let you know that I had gotten behind due to our move and the holidays, but I am still following along and am all caught up now!

I can't believe how grown up Izzy is getting! I feel like I've watched her grow through your trip reports! I just started my third trip report (linked in siggy if you are interested!) and it is crazy to me to see how Luke has changed through each of our trips too! We are battling potty training now, so it is interesting to hear about your potty adventures at Disney!

Hi Dugette, I'm Alison! I know I'm very late to the party, but I'm here! I just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your TR so far. Your daughter Izzy is so cute and the character photos you got with her are great!! SWW sounds like a lot of fun too. Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Hi and :welcome:, Alison! Glad you're here and we have the vast majority of this trip left to cover, so I'm sure I'll be writing until like 2019. :rotfl2: :scared:

Thanks for the compliments! We love our character meets - and when I eventually get to reporting on our most recent trips (Hawaii last month and Disneyland this month), there are tons of really fun character meets there too - even Donald and Daisy "shaking their tail feathers" with Izzy. :rotfl:

And SWW was great - too bad that was the end of it. Hopefully the more permanent offerings will be good, though (but probably never the same vibe as a SWW crowd).

Might as well! Rest up and be ready for the parks!
I think she is as fond of sleep as Dug and I are. But also fights going to bed, just as we do. :headache:

Whatever it takes. As long as she's asleep.
:thumbsup2

I know a little girl who also refuses to wear anything on her head, ever.
Sometimes now, Izzy will want to wear something on her head, but only when she chooses to. Which is rare. Even a bow or anything in her hair is like that - an infrequent occurrence.

:rotfl: That would make anyone grumpy.
That's what I thought!

Cool. And now that I think about it... I'm not sure I could tell you where any of the FP+ kiosks are in AK. I've never used or sought one out so it isn't something I ever pay attention to.
I never paid much attention to them either, but this one just caught my eye. The theming is so good I didn't know it was there, but I saw the people using it and that's what I noticed.

Definitely a nice detour. And I'm glad you at least made it before your FP window ended.
Yes, we may, um, have a few (more than a few?) windows that we really push that whole grace period thing...:rolleyes1

I love the pictures of Izze in front on AK, she is showing some sass, love putting Mickey on top :thumbsup2. I do the same thing sometimes at the parks, thinking I know where it is and then taking forever to get there :rotfl2:. At least you got a good view and made it in time. Love the pictures of the queue, its my favorite character queue.
Thanks, that was fun playing with that picture. :rotfl: Glad I'm not the only one wandering around the long way. It really is a great queue - those pictures are so perfect! :thumbsup2

Nice when you can have a calm morning - trips can be so "rush, rush, rush!" at times.
Yeah, we don't have a lot of calm times on our trips, it seems. Some in Hawaii this last time, but not much of that at Disneyland (arrival day, maybe).

I love Dug's tropical shirt!
I think that may be one he got at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet on our first Hawaii trip. They had some great deals on nice shirts!

Also love Izzy's hat - too bad she didn't wear it more
At least I got a few minutes out of it. :rotfl:

Sorry to laugh but Izzy giving you all the stink eye is pretty funny :rotfl:
I agree, it's pretty funny! I think she just wanted to get into the park.

Glad you eventually found the location for the meet & greet - and I do love the pictures from their worldly travels!
Those travel photos are great!

I just saw this today! :rotfl2: No wonder you were surprised when you got back!
Makes sense now. ::yes::

:dancer: Its cute too!
Thanks!

But hey, you at least got a photo of her in it! :thumbsup2
I have definitely learned that lesson - take photos as soon as possible, because the moment may not last. Like on our first Hawaii trip, I got photos of her at the very beginning of her horseback/pony ride - and thank goodness I did, because it lasted all of like 2 minutes (of 30 paid for) before she refused to ride and wanted to walk the horse instead. :headache: But, based on the photos, totally looks like she rode a horse. :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl2: YES! I'm not the only one that does this!
Glad to know I'm in good company. I find that I need these things to trigger my memory. And to remember where those things fit into the timeline.

Awwww.... so cute.
Sleeping kids are the best!

Love the hat! Keep it on, Izzy!

I know, I was surprised too!

:laughing: Well, even a few minutes is a victory.

Stalker photo.
Absolutely. :rotfl2:

I remember those days.
And I mean me. Last week.

Sometimes you just need your blankie.
I've got mine right now. :goodvibes

Hm. I don't remember an opening show at AK when I was there last year.
Hmmm...
Maybe they don't do it anymore? It's been a long time since I was there at opening to see it, so it may well be a thing of Disney past...

Well, duh!

This seems logical.
Really makes her expression make sense. ::yes::

No. But I like it! So much shorter and quicker to say.
True, but the acronym would be MK, just like the Magic Kingdom and that would be all kinds of confusing on the DIS. :lmao:

yep. and lots of em.
::yes::

Nice! Hadn't seen that before.

A slow morning is nice when it seems like most days you're rushing to get to the park.
Definitely. We figured we'd need it after a busy day before that. I feel like we're always rushing around on Disney trips.

Very, hmm, sweet family picture you have there. Somehow, I don't think that will be making it into any of the new Disney promos!
Only as the "before" picture. :rotfl:

If you're going to take a detour, at least it was a pretty one!
That's the nice thing about Disney - even if you're not where you should be, there's lots of eye candy.

Yes, please! I am so excited for you. :flower1:
Disneyland was great - I hope you have a fantastic time there! :goodvibes

We are making our first trip to DL soon and also have been sad about all the closed attractions, especially the classic, iconic ones and Aladdin. But there is still so much to do, I am sure it will be okay.
Yes, there's definitely still a ton of stuff to do. It's not Aladdin, but the Mickey and the Magical Map show was a fun way to spend a little non-ride time. And there are just so many great rides. I loved all the things that were different - attractions, areas, food, etc. It was all so familiar, but not. Loved it, though.

Woo hoo! Love old school paper FP! So excited to experience this again.
YES! It was weird to go back to being a FP runner, but it worked out well for us. Also, I'll just pass along this tip: look at the ground. People drop paper FP and sometimes they are pretty good. :rolleyes1

Jealous. I missed the the boat on this one. :boat:
...and the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
...and the Sailing Ship Columbia
...and the Mark Twain Riverboat
...and the raft to Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.

Not that I'm cranky about it. :scratchin

HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP! :cheer2:
I am so glad we got in on the Photopass. We got like 160-170 photos over our 5 days and that would be $130 more with the new system. Plus, we got prints at our 3 character meals and that is no longer included. I totally have a random thread on the DIS to thank for getting in on it. Sorry you missed it!

And the boats...:rotfl:

AK is a great park to have a slow morning in, especially when you FP all your Must Do's.
Yes, it seemed less intimidating to take it easy with fewer must-dos and FP+ all set.

Izzy's face in the photopass pictures at the front of the park made me laugh. She was NOT thrilled to be taking photos.
Made me laugh too. Didn't realize the grumpy level until I saw the pics afterwards. :rotfl:

The queue for the Mickey and Minnie Greet is one of my favorites. Everything in AK is just so well themed!
I agree - just love the theming in that park!

I'm all caught up! Loved seeing the BWV pictures. I always forget how much I love it there until I see pictures of it. I think we've stayed there so many times that it's like oh yeah, the Boardwalk...and then I am reminded of just how much I enjoy it there.
I really enjoyed staying there. I have to say, I went into it just not really caring about the resort itself, just knowing it was well-located, but I really liked it. No complaints and I'd happily stay there again.

Good for you for the relaxing morning - it is so hard to do at WDW!
It is SO hard to do. Doesn't happen much through the rest of this trip, even on the cruise. Too much to do! :hyper: But, of course, we get home exhausted and needing a vacation. :rotfl:

I hope your trip to Hawaii was amazing and have a great trip to DL! I'm so Jealous!
Both trips were GREAT! I'm slightly jealous of myself - can't believe we went on them both. Excited to write about them whenever I get done with the existing TRs. :rotfl:

Just wanted to let you know that I had gotten behind due to our move and the holidays, but I am still following along and am all caught up now!
Glad you are here! No worries, I haven't posted very frequently anyway. Hopefully I can get back on track soon, but I still need to finish making notes about our Disneyland trip (so I'll remember it once I get to that) and I've just been SOOO tired (maybe slightly sick?) since returning home that it's hard to get much DIS-ing done lately.

I can't believe how grown up Izzy is getting! I feel like I've watched her grow through your trip reports!
She has definitely grown up on the DIS! ::yes::

I just started my third trip report (linked in siggy if you are interested!) and it is crazy to me to see how Luke has changed through each of our trips too! We are battling potty training now, so it is interesting to hear about your potty adventures at Disney!
Yeah, Luke started REALLY young in your TRs! Hard to believe he's already potty training! And, yeah, you definitely spend a lot more time thinking about potty breaks during trips at this point. I feel like we saw them all! :faint:

I will get subscribed to your new TR - can't wait to follow along! :goodvibes

Mickey & Minnie!

Izzy passed the time during our short wait by getting excited about the upcoming meet :hyper::

(click to watch)

She was making up her own Mickey and Minnie song, which was pretty cute (2 videos, the second a bit more of a dramatic finish):

(click to watch)

(click to watch)

We made it to the front of the line at 10:06am and it looks like Mickey and Minnie were just as excited to meet Izzy :mickeyjum :

Izzy was wearing a shirt with Minnie on it and was excited to show it off to her. ::MinnieMo In general, Izzy was really into showing the characters her shirts, often saying, “He/she’s going to like my shirt!”, even if the picture had nothing to do with the character she was about to meet. :rotfl: At any rate, Minnie seemed very pleased to see herself gracing Izzy’s shirt:

And Izzy had to leap into Minnie’s arms, back where she belongs :lovestruc:

Mickey even got a hug :goodvibes:

They shared some nose squeezes and some giggles:

Minnie did some dancing:

We even joined in for a nice family shot:

And then Izzy had to get in one more Minnie hug:

We also have some Photopass shots:

And, finally, my video of the meet:

(click to watch)

Just as I’d remembered from the last visit, this was a great meet. :thumbsup2 One of the best ones at WDW, I’d say. Lots of interaction and fun with the two big cheeses.

We headed out of there to go catch our safari truck. Izzy walked and enjoyed some milk on the way:

We passed Baloo and King Louie’s meet on our way, but chose not to wait, as it was already 10:15am. Looks like we also took in the pretty scenery:

And, at some point along the way, we apparently convinced Izzy to ride in her stroller :cool1::

We made it to the safari:

And joined in this super-awesome Fast Pass+ line :rolleyes2:

It was actually not as bad as it looked. We joined the line around 10:30am and were in our truck just 10 minutes later. And that included pulling out at the stroller parking area to unload Izzy. I had been trying to get Izzy out of the stroller as we went through the queue so that we could just hand off the stroller and keep going. However, Dug was pushing the stroller and was not cooperating with my efforts, so we had to pull out entirely and lost a lot of ground in the line. :headache: Turned out to not be a huge deal, but it really annoyed me at the time, since I was trying to be efficient and all. >:(

We were seated somewhere in the middle of our safari truck:

Selfie:

Um, non-selfie:

We were soon on our way and seeing both animals and adventurers, not to mention the scenic views:

Up next: More safari!

I have definitely learned that lesson - take photos as soon as possible, because the moment may not last. Like on our first Hawaii trip, I got photos of her at the very beginning of her horseback/pony ride - and thank goodness I did, because it lasted all of like 2 minutes (of 30 paid for) before she refused to ride and wanted to walk the horse instead. :headache: But, based on the photos, totally looks like she rode a horse. :rotfl:

he was making up her own Mickey and Minnie song, which was pretty cute (2 videos, the second a bit more of a dramatic finish)

We even joined in for a nice family shot:

LOvely!

aw, glad the meet turned out great! I always love when the characters meet together. We actually haven't done that one in a few years, I think we might have to do it this trip

It is crazy how long the FP+ line for the safari can look! It does move quick but it's like they didn't make it long enough or something and it always extends past the starting point. Plus first timers have no idea how the stroller process works.

but it really annoyed me at the time, since I was trying to be efficient and all. :(
I mean, clearly that is your fault :rolleyes:

Izzy's face in those entrance pics...if looks could kill!!! :rotfl:

I love the pics in the queue for Mickey & Minnie there...so cute!!

What an adorable meet! :love: Izzy looks perfectly content hugging Minnie. How sweet!

In a way, I like how they handle the stroller situation for the Safari, but then at the same time it can be stressful if you don't have time to get the kids out and situated before you get to that point in the queue.

Sorry I got so far behind! Trying to take some time to get caught up on all my TRs. :thumbsup2

Sorry you have been feeling so tired/sick lately! Is it possibly something more than that? Like, you may feel better in 9 months? ;) Speaking of which, I posted an interesting announcement on my trip report (linked in siggy). It is worth checking out! :teeth:

Great meet with Mickey and Minnie! And love the family picture!

That FP+ at the safari seems so long! I think it moves rather quickly but it can look daunting. And the stroller hand off midway through confuses everyone!

Is that the Wild Africa Trek? That always sounds amazing when I read about it!

Your meet and greet with Minnie and Mickey looks amazing. Izze looks like she is having so much fun with them. I really liked the M&G and agree it's one of the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter