"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

Okay, I'll keep it in mind. I'm guessing we'll be before that, as you said, but not certain yet. How did you get parkhopper with your cruise? :confused3 You should totally do 4 parks in 1 day! :hyper:

We are doing the NYC to Bahamas cruise, which has a stop at Port Canaveral, so park hoppers and busses to WDW are included! We live in Boston, so we are able to drive to the port instead of flying.

Empty World Showcase looks so nice, and it looks like Izzy had fun being able to run!

Akershus looks great for the princess meets. Did they have plenty of "normal" food? I'm not too excited about Norwegian cuisine...

I bet that when you think back to meals like this with spilled milk, etc, dining with a 4 year old seems so easy!

first off, I re-read my comment from last update and realized I noted that at the end of the day you had a "crappy toddler" - I definitely meant to indicate you had a "crabby toddler" - so apologies for that :flower3:

Seems really nice to just hope on a boat and get to EPCOT so quickly and easily ... and love empty EPCOT!

So in my head I would have though one would turn right and head around the lake that way to get to Norway from the International Gateway entrance so was at first confused when you headed towards Canada .... but I am really bad when it comes to directions so was that actually shorter or did they make you go that way?

Breakfast looks really good - looks like everyone got a lot from the buffet ... and I love those cheesy potatoes from the platter of food.

Love the meetings with Cindy and also Ariel!

Somewhat ironically I am currently working on the "pre-park opening Akershsus breakfast" update for my TR - though ours was connected to getting inline for Frozen Ever After so slightly different experience ;)

Empty World Showcase is beautiful. The UK reminds me of my college campus :rotfl:

Those princess meets were adorable. Izzy meeting Ariel was just too cute! And the yogurt face :thumbsup2 definitely a keeper to show her future significant others :P

First off, I apparently took a Photopass shot that late night to prove I was indeed there at the MK:

meh. obviously photoshopped.

:rolleyes1

Despite my extremely late night, I was up and out a few hours later, around 8am

Whoa. How groggy were you?
Thank goodness you didn't have a late night with a grumpy toddler or anything.

ahem.

One note, I normally avoid any up-sells with car rental, but they had a deal of filling gas for you at the going market rate (not an extra high rate) if you pre-paid a certain amount (1/2 tank, etc). So, since I knew about how much we’d need from having driven the other way too, I pre-paid and I think it worked out well and saved me the trouble of finding a gas station and taking the extra time to fill up.

Didn't know you could do 1/2 tank only. Interesting.

I was on at 8:30am:

Pretty quick!

A big crowd of people had gathered around to get on my bus:

Back off people! This one's mine!

This bus ride was really where I saw the difference between a “Disney bus” and a “Downtown Disney Resort bus”. First, it was a coach type bus, run by Mears. No complaints there. But it also made a lot of stops.

Huh. Good to know.

(actually, after our last trip and Pop’s poor bus service, I’d probably rent a car on Disney property now too :sad2:).

ummm.... I shall refrain from telling you my experience then.

Also, the driver was not very magical. She was nice enough, but quite a chatty character and more in the PG than G way. I don’t remember details now, but she definitely wasn’t worried about spoiling any magic.

Whoops! Then again...

Wish I could remember more – I do remember laughing about the whole experience at the time, but with so little sleep, it’s no wonder I don’t recall what was said. :confused3

.... sounds like you had fun with it.

and... I know all to well, the sleep deprived amnesia brain.

We drove by some Disney golf courses. I think I see a hidden Mickey here:

::yes:: Certainly looks like it.

Since I was ahead of Dug and Izzy, I went right into the park:

"Free!!!"

I decided to finally try the DIS-legendary Butterfinger cupcake:

and? how'd you like it?

:laughing: Cute shot!

I think I stopped here for a few moments, as I was finding it difficult to walk, text (w/Dug), and munch on my breakfast all at once:

Thank God you weren't chewing gum too!

I think she also made us take additional Mickey bars that we didn’t want (remember, just ate cupcake), so we gave them to a nearby family on the non-package side of the rope, which they appreciated.

Nice of you.

Dug was clearly very excited for the Star Wars-centric day:

Really? Doesn't show.

:rolleyes:

I’d also been texting with Danielle (@IheartDDuck ), as she and her brother Jason were in the park this morning and we hoped to meet in person. Sure enough, they managed to find us and we said a quick hello and got a picture so you all will believe it really happened:

Nice! Always good to meet new old friends.

I don’t think she’s been around here much lately, but she’s awesome. She also has some pretty legendary reports, featuring quite a cast of characters

I've heard of her but never read her.

Izzy insisted she was fine and did not want to go with me

Uh, huh.... sure....

Cute pic! Actually you got quite a few cute ones here.

:thumbsup2 But she kept on munching her beloved popcorn through it all. popcorn::

#priorities

Clearly, this was before selfie sticks were banned in the parks:

So glad they did. Sooooo glad.

Looks like Izzy was being confronted :scared: :

How did she react?

I got hit in the back with the rope a few times, since we were quite literally bringing up the rear of the procession:

"C'mon lady! Show's gonna start!"

We ended up with a nice view of the stage, though, since they didn’t release the rest of the crowd until the package group was up there:

Nice.

:laughing:

Remember that giant box of popcorn she was carrying around? Well, she spilled it almost immediately after walking into the store.

:headache: Of course.

Izzy continued her newfound love affair with butter (which is still going strong :rolleyes2 ):

Still! Huh.

Apparently, this is how you have to eat this hot dog :rotfl2::

Actually..

Pretty sure that's how they do it in hot dog eating contests.
She's just ahead of her time.

At the beginning of the show, when the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters come out, Izzy yelled, “Where’s Pluto?!” pluto: Smart kid! She was only 2.5 and noticed one of the mainstays was missing (I hadn’t even noticed!)

Smart.

Great shot!

Awwww... love that shot.

About 20 minutes before 6pm, I woke her and put her shoes on, but she was still so tired that she passed back out:

awwwww...

The 1% accuracy is impressive. So, I guess she fired at the ceiling 99 times. :lmao: Much like this:

:lmao:

@pkondz , this one’s for you:

Yes, I remember being there that day.

Thanks! :goodvibes

This was a special thing they did just for Star Wars Weekends in 2015 – changed the Backlot Express into a well-themed eatery.

Cool! Did not know that.

The waiter wasn’t kidding about doing anything fast, as our food came out almost immediately :eek: :

Sweet.

any rate, here’s a look at some of the treats available:

Yumm! Yesssss....

So, this all looks pretty great, right? ::yes:: Well, that’s ignoring the fact that we had a very crabby toddler with us. :sad2: So, this was actually torture.

Uh, oh.

Anytime I put her down or gave her to Dug, she was a mess of screaming tears :sad: :

oh, dear.

I’m sure others wondered why I’d sometimes ignore her and eat. I had to at some point. There was no way to calm her and I couldn’t hold her all the time. I was so sore. And I needed a mommy moment to eat/drink.

Been there. :hug:

This picture almost makes it look like we’re enjoying the show:

almost. you look a bit tired.

But this is what I was really feeling like at that point

:eek: Get the woman some sleep! Stat!

I was awake around 7am this morning, browsing my new Facebook friend requests that popped up after Danielle posted our picture on FB. :rotfl2:

Izzy was in a pretty good mood this morning:

Thank goodness!

Izzy was excited to spot her first Disney duck of the day:

Well... really... who isn't?

Oh, Canada

Yes?

I think I see Dug way back there :rotfl: :

Aw, look at these little ones :cutie: :

Awwww.... cute!

But, of course, being in line made Izzy want to go potty.

It's a rule.

Guess who wanted Mommy to hold her again? :faint:

Well, sure.... that was yesterday. Old news.

Some buffet pictures

Sounds like you guys enjoyed it.

They compared their sparkly shoes

It's what princesses do, ya know.

Plus, you can already see how messy Izzy had gotten the floor. :rotfl2:

At this particular meal, Izzy was obsessed with her yogurt and couldn’t be bothered to put down the spoon to visit with princesses :laughing:

:lmao: "Aren't you glad we got up early for this?"

I love Cindy’s face in this one :rotfl: (I just checked the video and this is in response to us mentioning we’d be having breakfast at her castle the next day):

That's a great shot! :laughing:

After that, Izzy spilled her milk everywhere. Because, of course.

Yep. Another rule.

By the way, it’s good that Izzy didn’t know her shirt said “I am a princess”, given the name of this TR. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

This was an adorable meet. :goodvibes Ariel was so sweet and fun, despite us being probably a bit on the annoying side.

Well of course! It's Ariel! Hello!!!! :laughing:

Empty world showcase...How awesome! And I love that Izzy had you go for a run with her. I'm not a runner either, but how could you not run when it's all empty.

I've got tired...sick...strep throat...life.
I, unfortunately, can relate to this one. I was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. :faint:

Wow. That's an awesome picture. I've never seen that walkway empty.

And the video proves she like the shirt – and saw herself on it! :thumbsup2 And Izzy used her patented "cuddle to bring princesses to the ground"
:rotfl:

I love Cindy’s face in this one :rotfl: (I just checked the video and this is in response to us mentioning we’d be having breakfast at her castle the next day):
That's a great picture! :lmao:

It looks like a nice breakfast with the princesses even if Izzy couldn't put her spoon down. I guess if you want to look at the bright side, at least she actually wanted to eat!

Phew, what a slew of updates!! First your SW day looks great, and I think you planned it well to take Izzy to some kid-centric stuff while Dug enjoyed the SW shows. Looks like Disney Jr was a huge hit (and we had SO much fun there in December too, I was surprised how into it Maya was!).
I know, I really was on a roll while I was home with strep! And I REALLY want to get this thing DONE! Anyway, the SW day worked out quite well overall. I didn't really care one way or the other about the SWW shows, but it was nice to see one to get my money's worth out of the package. :rotfl: Can't go wrong with Disney Junior! :thumbsup2

BTW I can see your photos <3
:thumbsup2 It was so weird that everything disappeared for a bit. :confused3

For the dessert party, the last time we did it when it was just Aria and me (May? I don't remember), I did take a short table. There were 6 I think up front, and we noted 1 wheelchair. So I didn't feel bad taking it. Considering a 4 yo wants to be part of stuff (as does any kid) I think they need to have more short-tables, and chairs would be nice too :-D Obviously I wouldn't have taken a table had it looked like there wouldn't be enough with the wheelchairs but thankfully there were plenty. Sorry Izzy was so upset that night :(
It was such a rough night. And, honestly, I don't think a short table would have helped, as she basically refused to stand and HAD to be held (by me, of course) at all times. :headache: But it worked great to use a short table when you and I did the Frozen one way back when with two toddlers! I need to check if there are chairs now. I think there were at the holiday show party, but not sure if they still have them now that they're back to SW? Would be nice.

Love that walk to Akershus from the Boardwalk! So nice Izzy was able to run around. The meal looks great (love those potatoes haha) and I laughed with all the pics of Izzy eating yogurt hehe. The photos of ariel with Izzy are so cute.
It was a really nice start to our day! I think if we stay at BW again, Akershus is a requirement for PPO breakfast. So easy to get there! Yes, good meal, but boy was Izzy on a yogurt kick! :laughing: And she sure was crazy about Ariel (and Ariel was awesome too).

We are doing the NYC to Bahamas cruise, which has a stop at Port Canaveral, so park hoppers and busses to WDW are included! We live in Boston, so we are able to drive to the port instead of flying.
Wow, I had no idea they included that! Very cool!

Empty World Showcase looks so nice, and it looks like Izzy had fun being able to run!
It was super nice to have that peaceful and empty space for her to frolic. :flower1:

Akershus looks great for the princess meets. Did they have plenty of "normal" food? I'm not too excited about Norwegian cuisine...
I think it was mostly normal food, really. That hot platter was all standard breakfast fare. And there was fruit and pastries and such. I'm pretty sure I had a very tasty chocolate croissant there last time. I'm not into Norwegian food, but I haven't left there hungry.

I bet that when you think back to meals like this with spilled milk, etc, dining with a 4 year old seems so easy!
Mostly! She still manages to spill milk more than you'd think, though. :rolleyes: But, yeah, so much less work and less stuff to bring/be prepared with.

They are there now... very weird
So odd. And I did see them all missing that morning too. Not sure if it was a Photobucket or a DIS glitch, but definitely a glitch.

first off, I re-read my comment from last update and realized I noted that at the end of the day you had a "crappy toddler" - I definitely meant to indicate you had a "crabby toddler" - so apologies for that :flower3:
:lmao: I figured as much. :goodvibes

Seems really nice to just hope on a boat and get to EPCOT so quickly and easily ... and love empty EPCOT!
Agreed on all!

So in my head I would have though one would turn right and head around the lake that way to get to Norway from the International Gateway entrance so was at first confused when you headed towards Canada .... but I am really bad when it comes to directions so was that actually shorter or did they make you go that way?
I looked at a map and I think they are close, but the way we went might be slightly shorter. Also, I think they had the other way roped off, since WS wasn't open yet, except for PPO Akershus.

Breakfast looks really good - looks like everyone got a lot from the buffet ... and I love those cheesy potatoes from the platter of food.
They are delicious potatoes. Of course, I am of the belief that cheese makes everything better.

Love the meetings with Cindy and also Ariel!
Thanks, they were pretty fun little meets!

Somewhat ironically I am currently working on the "pre-park opening Akershsus breakfast" update for my TR - though ours was connected to getting inline for Frozen Ever After so slightly different experience ;)
Since it's taken me a bit to reply, you know I read yours. And, as I mentioned there, we did the FEA run last month too and it worked great! :thumbsup2

Empty World Showcase is beautiful. The UK reminds me of my college campus :rotfl:
It really is lovely when it's so quiet and empty. Which college?

Those princess meets were adorable. Izzy meeting Ariel was just too cute! And the yogurt face :thumbsup2 definitely a keeper to show her future significant others :P
:rotfl2: We'll have so many interesting pics to show them...:laughing: That Ariel meet was the best. She was just so cute.

They did in late July, and I ate some. OK, more than some:oops: I think they took offense when I tried to put some in a to go container:)
Yay, I hope there are some left. :laughing: And that reminds me, I need to pack some to-go containers or bags. :idea:

Empty world showcase...How awesome! And I love that Izzy had you go for a run with her. I'm not a runner either, but how could you not run when it's all empty.
It really was awesome to just have it to ourselves. And, hey, at least there was nobody around to see my amateur running. :laughing:

I, unfortunately, can relate to this one. I was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. :faint:
What are the odds?! :eek: Ugh, sorry to hear that Andy - it's so painful! Hope you also got on antibiotics quickly and are feeling better. I thought it was rare in adults, but maybe not this year? The doctor said it's been a bad winter for strep. Also, I just heard a co-worker today saying her teenager had it too. :crazy2: I hope it didn't spread to anyone else in your family!

Wow. That's an awesome picture. I've never seen that walkway empty.
It's almost eerily empty, isn't it? Yeah, not something you see often.

That's a great picture! :lmao:

It looks like a nice breakfast with the princesses even if Izzy couldn't put her spoon down. I guess if you want to look at the bright side, at least she actually wanted to eat!
That's what I was thinking - if she's eating anything that's not total garbage, we're doing pretty good. :thumbsup2

meh. obviously photoshopped.

:rolleyes1
:rotfl: Like I have time for that.

Whoa. How groggy were you?
Thank goodness you didn't have a late night with a grumpy toddler or anything.

ahem.
I was surprisingly okay, considering. I guess because I'm used to being on the tired side, being a night owl that has to get up early for work (by 5:45am). And I knew we had a break/nap planned, so that helped.

Didn't know you could do 1/2 tank only. Interesting.
Yeah, I had never heard of a program quite like this one. But worked well enough and saved me some trouble. The key is estimating it correctly. I did it on the way there too, but guessed too much, so it was a little wasted there (maybe 3/4 tank, I can't recall?).

Pretty quick!
Not too shabby.

Back off people! This one's mine!
That's right! Unfortunately, it was pretty big and loaded lots of guests on.

Huh. Good to know.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it seemed so pokey vs. just going right to your park.

ummm.... I shall refrain from telling you my experience then.
Admittedly, I am not good at keeping up with your reports, but I do remember you having some bus superpowers. I think I either need to rent cars or bring you along on future trips. :rotfl2:

Whoops! Then again...
.... sounds like you had fun with it.

and... I know all to well, the sleep deprived amnesia brain.
Well, I know I found something amusing, as I have all these videos of the back of the seat in front of me, where I was clearly trying to record some audio, but can't make out enough of it to figure out what was so funny. :confused3

::yes:: Certainly looks like it.
:earboy2:

"Free!!!"
Indeed! I don't know that I've been solo at DHS before - usually MK or maybe Epcot.

and? how'd you like it?
Pretty tasty! But I would pick the chocolate peanut butter one as my favorite still.

:laughing: Cute shot!
Thanks!

Thank God you weren't chewing gum too!
I don't think that's allowed on Disney property. :rolleyes:

Nice of you.
It was either that or toss them, so why not spread the magic?

Really? Doesn't show.

:rolleyes:

Nice! Always good to meet new old friends.
Sure is! :goodvibes

I've heard of her but never read her.
If you've got some time on your hands someday or just need a laugh, pull up one of her reports. :thumbsup2

Uh, huh.... sure....

Cute pic! Actually you got quite a few cute ones here.
She was really loving that parade!

#priorities
popcorn::

So glad they did. Sooooo glad.
:thumbsup2

How did she react?
I think she was just amused. Too young to be scared?

"C'mon lady! Show's gonna start!"
Pretty much!

:headache: Of course.
::yes::

Still! Huh.
Yep, her favorite thing in the world right now are Aldi's "butter puffs" - like cheese puffs, but butter flavor. :rolleyes:

Actually..

Pretty sure that's how they do it in hot dog eating contests.
She's just ahead of her time.
Good to know!

Great shot!
Thanks, she was having a blast!

Awwww... love that shot.
Thanks, that was one of Dug's favorites that he took this trip.

awwwww...
Gotta love a sleepy kid.

Yes, I remember being there that day.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Cool! Did not know that.
It was really cool and I wish they'd do it again. Glad we went twice when we could, I guess.

I was so impressed at how fast the food arrived.

Yumm! Yesssss....

oh, dear.
Been there. :hug:
That really was a hard night. And it *could* have been so fun.

almost. you look a bit tired.
:eek: Get the woman some sleep! Stat!
I could have passed out on the ground there if the toddler had allowed it. :rotfl:

Thank goodness!

Well... really... who isn't?
True.

I love how Canada answers...

Awwww.... cute!
:cutie:

It's a rule.
Rule #212 of potty training for toddlers...

Well, sure.... that was yesterday. Old news.
Yup.

Sounds like you guys enjoyed it.
We did.

It's what princesses do, ya know.
Guess so. It was cute!

:lmao: "Aren't you glad we got up early for this?"
Despite the yogurt obsession, I'd say it was still worthwhile. The princesses were pretty fun.

That's a great shot! :laughing:
I love that we ended up capturing that moment! :rotfl2:

Yep. Another rule.
Toddler etiquette rule #76...

Well of course! It's Ariel! Hello!!!! :laughing:
So true. :rotfl:

Living with the Land

We headed out of Norway and noticed there was a rope blocking off the rest of World Showcase, as it was still before the 11am WS opening time:

See ya later, World Showcase :wave2: :

And hello, Future World :wave2: :

Ah, so colorful during Flower & Garden :flower::

And then we made it to our destination:

Dug headed to Soarin’ with a Fast Pass and grabbed a Rider Swap for me. Izzy and I then went this way:

We were seated at the back of the boat and I noticed we had a wheelchair row behind us, which was cool - didn't realize they had them:

I guess we were making faces like this :eek: :

Pretty waterfall way back there:

Mmmm, peanut butter:

Hmmm, maybe that’s how they made my peanut butter brownie from Sunshine Seasons the other night? :rotfl2:

And the fish tanks:

And gators:

Did they get rid of these? I think so? :confused3

I love that they had both Mickey and Minnie in there :earsgirl::earsboy: :

Tomato arch:

A CM working on the tomatoes:

And another way to grow tomatoes:

:duck: (had to use tomato smilie)

Um, I can’t remember/identify what was growing here :confused: :

Yum, blueberries:

After our rides, Dug and I must have met up outside the Land and retrieved the stroller. Pretty view:

Dug and Izzy headed off together while I headed back in for my Soarin’ ride. Bye, guys :wave: :

Heading back inside:

Wow, this place was hoppin’ :crowded: :

But the place where I was headed was much busier. I was SOOOOO glad to have the Rider Swap when I saw this 135 minute wait posted :faint::

Do people really do that?! Like for real they stand in line for 2 hours and 15 minutes?!? :confused3 I can’t even fathom that. More than 20 minutes is too long for me. :hourglass

They were going to do Nemo, but the line was out the door and they decided to change course:

Instead, they went here:

I think we had FP+ for this:

Meanwhile, back at Soarin’, I got pulled ahead because I was a single rider and they needed a party of 1. Yay! :woohoo: They told me to get into Row 1, so I stood there for the pre-show movie. But when I got inside, there were no seats left in Row 1 and they told me to go to Row 2 like I had messed up. But I’m sure they had said Row 1. :headache: Oh, well, either way had me on Soarin’, even if it was a little awkward. Still a good ride. And that was the OLD version, haha! (Since, you know, we’ve been on the new one now). I actually ended up getting one ride in each row throughout the trip, so that was cool.

Dug and Izzy finished up their ride on Figment and headed into the play area:

Izzy loved the musical squares, just as she had way back on her first trip at 14 months:

Dug was impressed that Izzy managed to find the square that controlled the melody and mostly just danced on that:

(click to watch – sorry, still have some videos in Photobucket)

Also, if you want to get really dizzy, I also have this video:

(click to watch)

After Soarin’, I went over to the Imagination play area to meet up with Dug and Izzy (you might have heard Dug announce my arrival if you made it to the end of that dancing video :laughing: ). I think we had a FP+ for Test Track and the ride was down. I believe what we did was have Dug go over to the Tomorrowland movie preview he wanted to attend (yeah, that dates this report a bit :rotfl:) and I used our TT-down-use-for-anything FP to take Izzy on Nemo:

We were on the ride within 5 minutes, thankfully not waiting in that giant standby line that was around the building. :eek:

Up next: Find out the hilarious reason Izzy claims to be afraid of Figment. :rolleyes1

Woah, what CRAZY waits. I have NEVER EVER seen Nemo with that long of a wait!! Holy moly. And 135 minutes for Soarin?! Yeah, definitely NOT! 20 minutes is my maximum too :-D

Glad Dug was able to take Izzy over to Figment, and she got to play for a bit afterwards! At least LwtL had a decent wait time (as I've seen that one randomly creep up to like 45 minutes!).

I love Flower & Garden Festival. The topiaries, the little playgrounds for the kids, and the extra food booths - love it all!

Those are some crazy lines. I was just thinking how we were there last May, too and it wasn't crowded at all. Then I realized your report is from May of 2015!

I love skipping the line as a single rider for Soarin'! Too bad that it was a bit awkward, but at least you got to ride!

I guess we were making faces like this :eek: :
Living with the land is a thrill ride. :rolleyes1

Did they get rid of these? I think so? :confused3
That's what I've heard. I can't confirm or deny though.

Wow, this place was hoppin’ :crowded: :
Wow... you hit it just in time!

Do people really do that?! Like for real they stand in line for 2 hours and 15 minutes?!? :confused3
Apparently some do. Maybe if there's one ride I haven't had a chance to ride but I've done everything else I want to do... then maybe.

But I've honestly never liked Soarin' enough to ever want to wait that long to ride it. It's a good ride, but it just isn't my favorite.

I believe what we did was have Dug go over to the Tomorrowland movie preview he wanted to attend (yeah, that dates this report a bit :rotfl:)
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I finally watched that movie a few weeks ago. I'm still not sure I understand it.

seems like you guys did the best you could given the crowds. Yeah, i don't get waiting 2+ hours for something but I guess if you have to, you have to. I might do 30 or so for something my kids are dying to do (I know we have waited through sessions to meet Snow White in EPCOT, stuff like that which in the end might have wound up being more than 20 mins) but yeah, much more than 20 is too much

I have never seen Nemo like that - crazy! Too bad about TT being down buy worked out I guess in the end

BTW - love your "making faces" picture with Izzy

Woah, what CRAZY waits. I have NEVER EVER seen Nemo with that long of a wait!! Holy moly. And 135 minutes for Soarin?! Yeah, definitely NOT! 20 minutes is my maximum too :-D
It was nuts! One of those days that FP/RS really helped us for sure!

Glad Dug was able to take Izzy over to Figment, and she got to play for a bit afterwards! At least LwtL had a decent wait time (as I've seen that one randomly creep up to like 45 minutes!).
Yeah, I was trying to make out the wait time in my pictures and I couldn't. But must have been okay.

I love Flower & Garden Festival. The topiaries, the little playgrounds for the kids, and the extra food booths - love it all!
Agreed - so glad we were able to go during it. We'd like to again sometime.

Those are some crazy lines. I was just thinking how we were there last May, too and it wasn't crowded at all. Then I realized your report is from May of 2015!
:rotfl2: I also was thinking about it and realized this was Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, and at Epcot during Flower & Garden, so I guess crowds make sense.

I love skipping the line as a single rider for Soarin'! Too bad that it was a bit awkward, but at least you got to ride!
I know, it's fun being pulled up a bit in line. And the ride was good!

Living with the land is a thrill ride. :rolleyes1
:rotfl: Of course, how did I forget that giant drop? ;)

That's what I've heard. I can't confirm or deny though.
Thought I had heard something.

Wow... you hit it just in time!

Apparently some do. Maybe if there's one ride I haven't had a chance to ride but I've done everything else I want to do... then maybe.

But I've honestly never liked Soarin' enough to ever want to wait that long to ride it. It's a good ride, but it just isn't my favorite.
Soarin' is a long enough wait even with FP, since it's such a long ride cycle. I can't imagine waiting THAT long for it, though. :faint:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I finally watched that movie a few weeks ago. I'm still not sure I understand it.
I remember seeing it way back when, but can't remember much now. But that's how I am with all movies...I tend to forget them really quickly. :confused3

seems like you guys did the best you could given the crowds. Yeah, i don't get waiting 2+ hours for something but I guess if you have to, you have to. I might do 30 or so for something my kids are dying to do (I know we have waited through sessions to meet Snow White in EPCOT, stuff like that which in the end might have wound up being more than 20 mins) but yeah, much more than 20 is too much
Yeah, maybe I'd stretch up to 45 max for something (and had to for a couple at Disneyland), but I just cannot imagine 135 minutes. Maybe they were just hoping it was less. I hope it was, just for their sake.

I have never seen Nemo like that - crazy! Too bad about TT being down buy worked out I guess in the end
It was nuts, I don't remember ever seeing it like that either. All I can think is that it was Memorial Day Weekend and F&G was going on at Epcot, but it was before World Showcase opened...so the crowds were all in Future World.

BTW - love your "making faces" picture with Izzy
Thanks!

Fun in Future World

Izzy and I had a nice ride on Nemo :fish::

Reminds me of dining with Crush on the Dream a few days prior:

Love the starfish (Peach, I guess, had to look it up :laughing:):

I think we paused by it briefly, so I have some video of it chatting:

(click to watch)

After getting off of the ride, we had a great time viewing the manatees:

And some video too:

After that, Izzy wanted to take the picture in Bruce’s mouth:

This was the first time I’d been in there, I think, so I didn’t realize there’s not a great place for a small kid to sit/stand, as you can see. She just kinda kept slipping back down the gums. :rotfl2: So, I ended up just taking a really quick and sloppy photo while others helped hold her up:

After that, I decided to take her back here again for another spin with Figment (I think Dug had used his FP to take her, but I still had mine?):

This is where Izzy shared with me that she was “scared of Figment”. Upon further questioning, she shared that she was “scared of how much Figment annoyed her.” :lmao: I had her confirm it on video after she said that and I stopped laughing:

Upside down room :upsidedow :

Then more playtime on her favorite musical square:

You can see here how she claimed her square and wasn’t moving:

(click to watch)

And if you need to feel dizzy again:

Next, we headed over to the Character Spot, along with Dug, to use a FP there. It was about 12:15pm and the line was long and slow, even for FP. The cartoons playing on the TVs helped. Waiting:

I tried to see if Izzy knew what we were waiting for:

It was worth the wait, though, as Izzy had a fun time. First with Mickey:

Mickey tickled her:

And some video too:

Then on to Goofy:

Only awkward posed shots together, but here you go anyway :rotfl::

And another hug goodbye:

And the video (which is mostly everyone trying to get her to look at the camera, hence those awkward photos :rotfl:):

Up next: Well, Minnie, of course! And some other meets – with actual people instead of characters.

I think that was the first time I have seen the Nemo queue full. Normally, you spend five minutes just going back and forth through all those switchbacks to get to the entrance of the attraction. :rotfl2:

Hooray for being single rider on Soarin' even if someone directed you wrong.

Those musical squares...they are better than the actual Figment ride for toddlers!

@Dugette, does Izzy still fit in/use her peapod? Is it the regular size one or the large one?
It's the regular and she does still fit. My reasoning to not get the large was that she'd probably be sleeping in a bed by the time she outgrew it. And we'd have the smaller one, so maybe easier to transport, etc. And I think that's how its working out, as she's been using a bed when available lately, but the peapod helps out in a pinch (like a hotel room with only one bed, etc.) I'd say it's getting tight for her, but she has no complaints. We just leave it unzipped now, so she has extra room to stretch, if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter