I'm new here and thinking of buing DVC..

Booness

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone......My husband and I are very close to buying into DVC. We have a 3 year old and are dying to take him to Disney in October. We are thinking about the Beach Club.....We have friends that own at the BW and thought we would like the BC. Any thoughts on where to buy? We could buy anywhere I guess through a resale...Not sure what to do...... Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks

Andrea

hi: welcome to the boards. there are a lot of knowledgable people here to help you out. here's a link to the faq on this site:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1571 post any questions you may have after reading this. the most common mantra here is "Buy where you plan to stay" due to the 11 month priority for your home resort. currently, i believe the beach club villas (bcv) are the only on site property available through disney directly.

I would recommend either BWV or BCV. With a 3 year old you are probably still using a stroller and it is much easier to either walk to Epcot, or use the boats to both MGM and Epcot with a stroller than it is to take the bus. I realise you need to then take a bus to MK and AK, but at least at these locations you're 50/50, vs. 25/75 at VWL and 100% bus at OKW.

Plus at BW they have The Harbor Club for kids ages 4-12 that will watch your child, for a fee of course, if you and your DH want to have an evening out at one of the excellent restaurants at the resorts, or Epcot.

We own at BWV and are closing on a resale at OKW in a couple of weeks. We enjoy them both, but I must admit, BWV is a bit easier with the 3 DD's aged 7,7, and 4.

No matter where you choose, DVC is a wonderful way to show your son all the Magic of Disney.

Above all-just do it. Its awsome no matter where you own or stay, and as long as you own-you can stay anywhere as long as you can get a reservation. We own at VWL and have never stayed there yet, but we are going there for spring break. We prefer the BW or BCV area, but not owning there has not been a problem yet. I think it is tougher for holiday weeks though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter