"I'm NEVER going back! "

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
I'm a HUGE disney person, like most here..
When I hear a friend is planning a disney trip, I offer to help. If they want it..
For those that let me help them, and LISTEN to what i tell them it turns out great.. And for those that don't..

Well this is how the conversation has gone with my BBF after the last three times she has gone!

BBF: IM NEVER GOING BACK!
Me. Why? What happened? ( I never should have asked)

1. It was VERY hot!
ME: when did you go?
BBF: Uuuuh.. of 1st week of July..

2. was to expensive
ME: did you do what I suggested to pop a pin code?
BBB: Uuuuuh.. No I got busy
Me: Well did you, check the special offer page before you booked online?
BBF: Uuuuh.. I forgot
Me: Well did you call an ask?
BBF:The wait on the phone was to long.. Me: how long BBF: 5 min..

3. It Was to crowded!
Me: When did you go again?
BBf: 1st week of July..
Me: Well did you make it to RD?
BBF: No, we wanted to sleep in.. It is a vacation..

4. There were no places to eat!
ME: did you get your ADRs at 180 days..
BBF: I don't know what I want to eat 180 day in advance!!
BBf: We ate hamburgers the whole time we were there..
Me: Did you take the list I gave you on good places to get something to eat?
BBF: No, I left it in the hotel room..

5. Food was REALLY expensive
BBF:I spent over $65 just on lunch for my family of 4..
Me: where was the list of good places to eat again?
BBF: in the hotel room..

This went on and on for over 3 hours!!!
The she was trying to convince me that I should cancel my upcoming trips.. And go somewhere else!
I know she is my BBF, but I will never understand why people make things harder then they really are!!

How does everyone deal with people like this? Without ruining a friendship..

My husband hears the same thing at work. All the guys think he's crazy for going to Disney 1-2 times a year. They all hate it because its so crowded, hot and expensive....not a single one of these guys has visited during the off-season! They all go during the summer! Duh!!!! It's a whole new experience going in September when you can ride Space Mountain five times...IN A ROW...IN AN HOUR!! You totally get your money's worth!

This made me laugh out loud!!!! I have a friend just like this! I have come to realize that she will never make it to rope drop, never check for pin codes , and always complain about how hot it is in June !! ( I dont let her vacation with me - so we can stay friends ) I just tell her that apparently she is not as smart as me , because if she was - she would have thoroughly enjoyed her trip! Disney is not a restful vacation ! I told my kids that last week when I was playing drill Sargent and waking them up so we could make rope drop ! I don't go to disney to rest !??!

I'd ignore it. If you want to spend your vacations at Disney or the dark side of the moon, it's really your business and not your BFF's.

I'd just say:

"Sorry you had a rough time... We've always had a lot of fun which is why we're going back."

I get the "I can't believe you're doing Disney again" thing all the time. I have nothing to be ashamed of for going, so their opinions matter really very little to me.

The really sad thing is her DD 15 has been over to my house a lot.. ( helping me with a new baby)

She has been able to see me plan.. When I told her what I was spending on our trip, she couldn't believe it!
It was a 1/3 of what they spent!
She then tried to tell her mother (my BBF) but her mother wouldn't even listen to her.. :-(

Tropical Wilds said:
I get the "I can't believe you're doing Disney again" thing all the time. I have nothing to be ashamed of for going, so their opinions matter really very little to me.

DH and I get this a lot too!
There is never a good enough answer for them..
So we just say "yup! Why the kids are young!"..

When the kids get older.. We will say," yup! Why we can still walk!"
And when we can't walk " it's the only place you run people over, and they don't do anything about it.." :rotfl:

DH and I joke about this all the time..

Lorilais_mommie said:
I'm a HUGE disney person, like most here..
When I hear a friend is planning a disney trip, I offer to help. If they want it..
For those that let me help them, and LISTEN to what i tell them it turns out great.. And for those that don't..

Well this is how the conversation has gone with my BBF after the last three times she has gone!

BBF: IM NEVER GOING BACK!
Me. Why? What happened? ( I never should have asked)

1. It was VERY hot!
ME: when did you go?
BBF: Uuuuh.. of 1st week of July..

2. was to expensive
ME: did you do what I suggested to pop a pin code?
BBB: Uuuuuh.. No I got busy
Me: Well did you, check the special offer page before you booked online?
BBF: Uuuuh.. I forgot
Me: Well did you call an ask?
BBF:The wait on the phone was to long.. Me: how long BBF: 5 min..

3. It Was to crowded!
Me: When did you go again?
BBf: 1st week of July..
Me: Well did you make it to RD?
BBF: No, we wanted to sleep in.. It is a vacation..

4. There were no places to eat!
ME: did you get your ADRs at 180 days..
BBF: I don't know what I want to eat 180 day in advance!!
BBf: We ate hamburgers the whole time we were there..
Me: Did you take the list I gave you on good places to get something to eat?
BBF: No, I left it in the hotel room..

5. Food was REALLY expensive
BBF:I spent over $65 just on lunch for my family of 4..
Me: where was the list of good places to eat again?
BBF: in the hotel room..

This went on and on for over 3 hours!!!
The she was trying to convince me that I should cancel my upcoming trips.. And go somewhere else!
I know she is my BBF, but I will never understand why people make things harder then they really are!!

How does everyone deal with people like this? Without ruining a friendship..

ROFL... OMG this is the funniest and most real post EVER! Add one:

Did you go get fast passes like I told you? No, we decided they'd be too EXPENSIVE!!

WMorganS said:
ROFL... OMG this is the funniest and most real post EVER! Add one:

Did you go get fast passes like I told you? No, we decided they'd be too EXPENSIVE!!

My sister covered this one last month! But she took my advice on everything else, so I can't be to mad at her...

Now my BBF: That was the only this she did right! However b/c she got up so late.. There were only a few things they got..
Don't even get me started on what she got.. She Might as well had not gotten any at all !!

DH and I get this a lot too!
There is never a good enough answer for them..
So we just say "yup! Why the kids are young!"..

When the kids get older.. We will say," yup! Why we can still walk!"
And when we can't walk " it's the only place you run people over, and they don't do anything about it.." :rotfl:

DH and I joke about this all the time..

As you can see in my sig, we go to Disney frequently. The trips we did in 2007, 2011, both in 2012, and the two upcoming trips... They're kid-free. Disney is our adult vacation.

You think people don't get why you do Disney frequently with kids? Try doing Disney twice a year when you leave the 3 kids at home.

The same thing happened with my partner's co-worker. They went during Christmas week, complained they only got to ride "like 4 rides" and that everything was expensive, and it was soooooooo crowded. I get that some people can only go then, but if you're dropping thousands of dollars on a vacation you think you'd do some research! Even just a little bit of planning on what rides to do when and stuff. I will never understand people :confused3

Lorilais_mommie said:
The really sad thing is her DD 15 has been over to my house a lot.. ( helping me with a new baby)

She has been able to see me plan.. When I told her what I was spending on our trip, she couldn't believe it!
It was a 1/3 of what they spent!
She then tried to tell her mother (my BBF) but her mother wouldn't even listen to her.. :-(

You should take the daughter with you on the next trip! She can help with the baby and you can help her have a better vacation.

LoL! I can totally relate...we have an extended family trip coming up that I was in charge of planning. Some have never been and others are not planners. I was starting to stress for them, knowing that I would be having this exact conversation when we returned. So...I made a powerpoint and we had a family dessert night. I outlined everything...tips, tricks, good places to eat and a picture of what crowds look like first thing in the morning and what they will look like at 1 pm, when most of them would show up after sleeping in. :goodvibes When they saw the picture, I heard..."Are you serious? There is THAT much of a difference?"
While I did get an eyeroll for the powerpoint, others thanked me and said that they had no idea. Two of them asked me to email the powerpoint so that they could make their own notes. I do know that it was helpful for me. I am no longer stressing about whether or not they will have a good time. They have been informed and warned...so now it is up to them what they will do with it.

LOL I can totally relate to this. I go at least twice a year since becoming a DVC member and Premium Annual Passholder. I have friedns that are going with their 2 kids and i told them to come over one night and i would help them plan it. ADRS ROOMS TICKETS TRANSFERS EVERYTHING....His response is we are letting a travel agent do all of that for us:scared1::scared1: I could nt believe it. So when he is miserable and has a miserable time and wont go back i look at it as one less person in line

This is really sad. :(
I would have to tell that person that the topic of Disney is something you just should not discuss.

But I am curious, what is a BBF? I know BFF is best friend forever, but I am not sure what BBF is. I am still trying to understand what the abbreviations on this board are.

I've got a friend planning a trip this summer and she will be a lot like this.

We get the "You're going back to Disney? Why? How can you afford it?" a lot! It used to bother me, but it's our vacation spot of choice (we've done the beach for years in a row and don't want to go back to that).

There is someone who is absolutely obsessed with how we can afford to go - they don't bother to ask us (just talk bad about how much we spend on vacations) so they don't bother to ask what we do without for the year in order to splurge for the only week my husband gets off for vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter