I'm in tears right now.....

Hi, PV! Just wanted to check in and say hello. :wave: How are you doing today? I hope you are having a good one. I think of you often and the struggles that we all face every day, and I am so grateful to read posts like the ones here. They remind me that none of us has to be alone on this journey. That there are really wonderful, generous people around who are willing to lend a smile or a helping hand or a word of encouragement. So, I just wanted to send a :hug: and :goodvibes: for you today.

Hugs,
Cam

Hi Cam,
Thanks for that! I needed it today. Actually I am doing pretty good. Not necessarily because I am trying really hard, but because my nerves are frazzled... the fight or flight response and boy do I want to flee! JK. I started my new student teaching placement and it is a little stressful. So I am glad at least that I am not overeating! LOL! Thanks for your support. Thanks for the hug, and I'll send a HI back to you! :wave2:

vija it's good to see you still checking in -- look at your siggie each and every day is a gift, a fresh start; this is something i must tell myself many many times too :)

Hi, Vija! So glad to see you checking in. We all need a place to come to where people know our struggles and support us and care about us. I am sorry your new student teaching assignment is stressful. Two of my dearest friends are teachers and I know the job is not easy. This is just training for the challenges that will become routine for, and routinely handled by, you in the future. Enjoy the learning experience and don't let it derail you. You are strong enough to face these challenges.
Sending :hug: and pixiedust:

I'll be away a couple of days (going to WDW to see DD17 march down Main Street!), so be good while I am gone. ;) Can't wait to hear next week how everything is going. :teeth: I am hoping to report back that I exercised 2x while away.

wow , i could have written that post myself. I have no advice b/c i'm in the same boat. Just wanted you to know your not alone. 100+ pounds over weight and depressed. I'm not up to student teaching BUT i'm a full time grad student, doing my observations AND work as a full time retail manager.

I'm glad you figured out where to come when you need help. I am hoping that you are making some progress. We are here for you.

Take it one step at a time and you will be amazed that you will be doing it.

PRincess!!!! I feel like I know you like a buddy!!! We've been here for 3 years haven't we? Or is it 4? AAGH! And I'm still not at goal...but I sure have a better outlook on staying fit and not beating myself up half as much....

I NEVER can lose in the winter...I start losing when spring comes...so guess what, I'm starting now too! :) I probably put on 15 pounds this winter...depresses the jimmies out of me! My fat clothes are now my fitting clothes and I hate the way my body feels like a Jimmy Dean sausage in my clothes that were loose last October! But we can do it...

First and foremost...when you get that DOWN DOWN can't do anything right feeling... GET OUTSIDE AND MOVE!!!! I can't tell you how just adding exercise REALLY REALLY HELPS!!!! IT REALLY REALLY HELPS!!! Don't fight the food just yet...we know we eat to eat and it's comforting...but you need to work out that heart and increase those endorphins that make eating a necessity not just a pleasure. Once you put in 5 days of working out...just walking 20 minutes a day...10 in the morning, 10 at night...something where you're just out there moving...you will really be able to handle the depressive moments! I PROMISE!!! I could have written your post last night...and until I get 5 good days of moving under my belt they still sneak up on me...but once I've done it for a week I have a completely different outlook!

Go buy a goooooood pair of walking shoes and find a nice park to hit or your local botanical gardens...trail or something that has some interest to make it fun for you! I also just bought a cruiser bicycle...those grandma type ones...and I really enjoy biking again! I may look fat sitting on it now but with effort I won't be so embarrassed by how much hangs over the seat! :)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You've done it before and you'll stick to it! Enjoy that cruise 30 pounds lighter! :)
Tara

:) I hope all is going well! It's been awhile since your first post, but this is the first time I have read it. I know as nliedel said, that some days you exercise just because you know you need too, some days you do it because it's great, and you're motivated, and somedays it (in nliedel's words lol) sucks rocks! In the end it really does help you feel better. I am a comfort food eater (that's the beginning of my confession) and when the weather is bad and we are stuck inside, and the kids are arguing, ect. I eat, I'm crabby (some use a different word Lol), I am lazy, and I don't want to do anything. THEN, I pull out my cheesy 1998 TaeBo video in which at just the right times Billy Blanks says things like, "I like what you're doing right now"! The thing is that I want to be strong, I want to be tough, and I want to have fun, so it works for me! You just have to find what works for you. As ImHall2000 said, exercise will really help you feel great. It may be long walks with the kids to have some family fun and relaxation. It may be an exercise video when the kids are asleep, it may be joining a class where you not only exercise but also have time to spend with other adults (that's why I go to my class, I need adults to see and talk too :3dglasses ). I have also found that on the days that I eat better, I feel better, and I am in a better mood. Now that may be because I know I am doing something I want to do, but I KNOW for a fact that when I OVERINDULGE (and I mean over) on sugary sweets that instead of giving me hiper energy like it gives my kids, I get sleepy, and I just want to slowly move around in a dream like manor, so I have tried cutting out a great deal of those and it's working to better me in many ways :woohoo: ! Like many have said, set mini ::MinnieMo goals, and when you reach one celebrate with something small (new book, new exercise video, new shirt) and then set another goal! You can do this! Other people have done this before and we can do it now! My goal one day is to wear a T-shirt saying, "Strong Women do 26.2" after finishing a marathon. It's awhile away because I have 2 kids and I homeschool, and I do many other mommy, wife, homeowner, farmer, activities, but one day I will.
Kelly

PS, My first step at achieving success was to enter the Atlanta Peachtree Roadrace five years ago. I had never run a full mile since highschool gym class. I trained for 4 months (the time between entrance and race), I finished it and got my T-shirt 30 pounds lighter. Now 5 years later, and having a kiddo in the middle, I am 80 pounds lighter. If I can do it, you can too! Update us on how you are doing when you can! If you need someone to talk too you can pm me too :grouphug:

Vija - it's okay! :grouphug: I'm glad you posted! We can sooooo relate to what's going on. Long term goals are great but I need short term ones to keep me going - and I just realized that last night as I was depressed at gaining weight. It's time for the old one step at a time...personally, even a weekly goal doesn't work for me because there's my excuse "oh I'll just have these chips today and be really good tomorrow." And by the way what's "really good?" I am working on changing my lifestyle and I know it's going to be tough BUT I can do it and so can you! I suggest make small goals, very small - "I will have my breakfast of ____ and then have a snack at 10:30 of _________ " then do lunch and a snack and then dinner and a snack and by the end of the day - you have 3 victories!! Write them down too...and add in that 10 minutes of exercise someone wrote about (break it up if you need to) and drink some water - even more victories! :cheer2: So by the time your cruise is here you'll be a much healthier person and about 20 #s lighter (and by doing it right it'll be 20#s of fat - 20 boxes of butter off your body, how awesome is that?!)

BTW I love the reward idea of a new book or new shirt...I'm stealing that! :thumbsup2 also love the "minnie ::MinnieMo " goals, more fun to look at it that way! :woohoo:

Hang in there and keep posting and take it one small minute at a time... :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter