I'm in love with Grand Floridian Villas!! Video Room Tour!!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
I just stayed at GFV for the first time and I have to say it's my new favorite resort. The studio was gorgeous, the view was amazing, the service was top notch!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Last edited:
I just stayed at GFV for the first time and I have to say it's my new favorite resort. The studio was gorgeous, the view was amazing, the service was top notch!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
Your post made me even more excited for my first home resort stay at VGF starting 10/30!!

VGF is a standout resort compared to the other DVC's IMO. My guess is that they have a bigger budget or better management since it's Disney's flagship resort. They even have a guy that removes the green from the fountain water cause by a chemical reaction with all of the pennies tossed in by guests.

:earsboy: Bill

I am glad you like it so much! I like it the most at Christmastime!

Last edited:

I love it too- it is definitely our favorite and we are glad we own points there.

VGF is a standout resort compared to the other DVC's IMO. My guess is that they have a bigger budget or better management since it's Disney's flagship resort. They even have a guy that removes the green from the fountain water cause by a chemical reaction with all of the pennies tossed in by guests.

From what I recall, they had one person in charge of both Poly and GF. When they opened VGF, the person was moved to be exclusively in charge of GF/VGF.
They then promoted someone to be in charge of Poly and PVB, which may explain some of the issues they went through here.

From what I recall, they had one person in charge of both Poly and GF. When they opened VGF, the person was moved to be exclusively in charge of GF/VGF.
They then promoted someone to be in charge of Poly and PVB, which may explain some of the issues they went through here.

That is my understanding also. CM's who work at both resorts have commented that the new management at the Poly is much different.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful. I have always loved everything about the Grand. This was my husband's first trip and he loved VGF. It was really nice having a separate bedroom from our kids. We are already planning our next trip which will be at VGF. The CMs were awesome. The service was just beyond expectation. I know the amount of points for VGF is high, but I think it is totally worth it, especially if you're MK lovers like our family.

Last edited:
Just stayed at the Poly. Just no comparison between VGF and PVB. Absolutely made the right decision purchasing at VGF.

My hubby and Istayed for our anniversary in Aug for the first time. We had a standard studio with the most amazing view of the the wedding chapel, poly and Bay Lake. We were extremely impressed the with the resort and CM staff.
My favorite villas were Kidani and Bay Lake but GFV hands down takes the cake.

I stayed there last year, I thought it was beautiful! I also think Grand Californian is a beautiful hotel, I stayed there in August. I love BWV for the location and views but it lacks an impressive lobby and grounds.

The room looks beautiful but it makes me nervous.... there will be 3 adults and 2 children in our standard studio at VGF.... 1 will be in a playpen, which i have no idea where I will put that.... my mother and niece will sleep on the pull out sofa but also do not know where i will put our 4 suitcases..... im in trouble!

The room looks beautiful but it makes me nervous.... there will be 3 adults and 2 children in our standard studio at VGF.... 1 will be in a playpen, which i have no idea where I will put that.... my mother and niece will sleep on the pull out sofa but also do not know where i will put our 4 suitcases..... im in trouble!
That's why we went with the 1 bedroom. Plenty of closet space. There were 2 sinks, shower, and a tub. The bathrooms can be closed off from one another, so my son could shower at the same time my daughter was in the tub. My husband and I also liked having a separate room away from our kids in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!