I'm Happy That DD Is Having A Bad Night

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
I know that it sounds terrible, but I am happy that DD is having a bad night.

This afternoon, she told me that she had a blind date tonight with a guy she met on Facebook. She was supposed to meet him at a restaurant on campus. He does not go to her school. Well, I wasn't thrilled at this news. I know that I am a protective mom, but I really didn't like the idea of her meeting someone, she'd only talked to online, alone.

Lucky for me, he never showed. So, she headed back to her dorm. She'd just reached the dorm when the lights went out. The entire campus is blacked out. Now, I'm really glad that he didn't show and that she is back in her dorm. Being out with a stranger on a totally blacked out campus is not something I think would be a good situation.

So, she is sitting in the hallway with a bunch of other kids and is actually having a pretty good time. So, she's happy and now, I'm happy.

All's well that ends well! :goodvibes

I agree with you, people on line are crazy :wave2:

LOL, I can totally understand. Sometimes it would probably be better if they didn't tell us so much. Then again, maybe we would just worry more? I dunno.

So glad she is safe and everything is fine.

I can feel and understand your relief. I may be old fashioned, and I am, but I HATE facebook..

I'd never meet anyone in person that I met online, much less go out with them, sheesh. ;)

I am very relieved for you though, I would have been REALLY nervous to have my daughter in a blackout with a stranger too. If I had a daughter, or a college age child at all, and I sure do hope I survive teenagerhood successfully so that my sons get to college, and become that stranger that someone else is worried about their daughter being in a blackout with. :rotfl:

Thank you for the info. I just called DD and read it to her and the others sitting in the hall of the dorm. At least now, they know what is happening.
I'm saying a prayer for the pilot of the plane.

They just updated the link again. The pilot has a broken leg and non life threatening injuries! That is amazing. Keep checking that link as they will update it again I imagine. They may offer more info on the power outage.

I'm glad your daughter is safe and sound. We parents can't help but worry. Especially about the Internet. But really, is it any less reliable than say, meeting in a bar or a dance?:confused3

I know that it sounds terrible, but I am happy that DD is having a bad night.

This afternoon, she told me that she had a blind date tonight with a guy she met on Facebook. She was supposed to meet him at a restaurant on campus. He does not go to her school. Well, I wasn't thrilled at this news. I know that I am a protective mom, but I really didn't like the idea of her meeting someone, she'd only talked to online, alone.

Lucky for me, he never showed. So, she headed back to her dorm. She'd just reached the dorm when the lights went out. The entire campus is blacked out. Now, I'm really glad that he didn't show and that she is back in her dorm. Being out with a stranger on a totally blacked out campus is not something I think would be a good situation.

So, she is sitting in the hallway with a bunch of other kids and is actually having a pretty good time. So, she's happy and now, I'm happy.

All's well that ends well! :goodvibes

Oooh this moming with them away is nerve racking work!

Liz

I'm glad your daughter is safe and sound. We parents can't help but worry. Especially about the Internet. But really, is it any less reliable than say, meeting in a bar or a dance?:confused3

Hmm, I think it could be, if it was to be a "bad plan" seems more time planning and more info known about the person when you talk online...he may be someone wanting to harm another one and he had too much time and info to make that plan work. Just my 2 cents lol

No worries for me tonight - I know mine is safe and sound getting drunk at a fraternity party with her boyfriend!!!

Oh, wait...

Luckily, her younger sister is doped to the max on Vicodin (not a usual thing in our house - she had her wisdom teeth out this morning!) falling asleep in my bed as we speak. At least I know where she is tonight.....even if she is high as a kite.

Hmmm, one drunk and one high. Hope no one calls Child Protective Services tonight....

DD called and the power is back on. She is in her room watching television. So another exciting evening comes to a close. :goodvibes

I'd be relieved too, and I don't even really know what Face Book is.

I don't think that not liking that your very attractive DD is going out with an internet date being overprotective, heck, I don't even think driving to school to sit in the restaurant to watch said date is being over protective these days. There was a girl that was killed a couple months ago in the Twin Cities that was answering an ad for a nanny job off Craigslist. I am glad she got stood up too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter