I'm excited to get married but I'm stoked for our honeymoon - Sept 2016 Disneymoon PTR (UPTD: 8/25)

Not nosy at all!! I seriously asked so many questions and did so much research because I had NO stinkin clue how this whole process worked. We ended up at SSR kind of just by chance, first we thought we'd be at Old Key West, but SSR contracts were longer by I think 12 years, and at the same (ish) price per point, we decided on SSR instead. I am sure they will love honeymooning there!

Luckily I have my future SIL & her husband to annoying with my 1,001 questions when it comes time. I think that may partially be a reason why they went with SSR - the term was longer. I know they did resale and it may have been through a Disboards connection? Not 100% sure. But one day this will be my dream!

Everything! Lol. But really, I absolutely loved the waffles in Belgium, the filet and soup in Canada, the Hawaiian pulled pork slider, the strudel in Germany, and the nitro liquid almond truffle at the Chew booth.

Holy. Moly. I'm going to need to be rolled out of WS after!! :rotfl:

Girl you and me both! I will drink semi sweet white usually, I can really only handle a few sips of red before I'm like "OK, I'm bored, where's the good stuff" - so I'm pretty basic as well hahaha. I have to have it cold, too! I think they released the schedules for the food and beverage seminars around July last year.

Oh my goodness, same! Hahaha. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the schedules, doing one of them would be fun! Do they also release the different goodies that will be available for sampling beforehand?

Story of my life. Majorly jealous your airport has a Dunkin!

Totally a New England girl, gotta have my Dunks! You can't go a block without seeing one here, seriously. I can do Starbucks but if I had to pick Dunkin > Starbucks always.

YAY, that sounds like so much fun! We haven't done ours yet. What did you end up choosing?

We're doing one upgrade dish that has a petite filet and a stuffed chicken together and then a baked scrod (in New England it's a white fish, kind of a mix between a Cod and Haddock). We will also have a complimentary vegetarian dish for anyone who needs it.

Love, love, love. Big Thunder and 7DMT are always on our list too. I'd go on space if my stomach could handle it.

I love BTMRR at night time! It seems like the one a DL is even cooler, especially with their set up. It's on a little island kinda sorta, right? Aw bummer about Space! That may be my favorite, hands down. It does whip and drop a lot so I can see how that can upset someone.

I think your first day plan sounds great. Have you tried the new Pecos Bill menu? I've seen pics and everything looks so yummy. We've never done the Plaza, but I don't think you could go wrong there!

I have not! When Rob's family went down they raved about it so I'm stoked to give it a go! I thought the Plaza was a simple choice. It'll be a hectic day as it is already and we'll be tired I'm sure. I didn't want anything too heavy. We'll work out way towards those! :rotfl2:

Day 2 Itinerary
September 13, 2016

As of now our second day will be split between two parks - Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I figured we'd spend the majority of the day at HS. Undercover Tourist has it listed as a low crowd day, but most of our trip is within the low-moderate crowd level anyways. I'm planning on FP+: TSMM as a our group A and then ToT and Star Tours as a our group B. My game plan is to head over to RnR as soon as we get there and get in line before it grows to 1+ hr, if it even gets that long..

I'm looking to branch out this trip and try some QS places for lunch that we've never eaten at before, such as: Rosie's All American, Fairfax Fare, and Starring Rolls Cafe. Have any of you eaten at any of those? If so, what would you recommend? We went to always do the Backlot Express or Pizza Planet and I'm kinda not feeling it anymore.

Then after we've had our fair share of fun in HS we will either head back to the hotel to freshen up or just go straight over to Epcot through the back entrance and wander around the World Showcase. I'm planning on making an ADR for Teppan Edo - another first for us! Please tell me if you've eaten here and what you recommend. I love hibachi so I'm hoping this will be an awesome experience. :woohoo:Epcot has EMH for the evening so depending on our mood we may try to squeeze a ride or two in (Soarin' & Test Track of course!). I figure since we'll be walking around the WS a few times this week while enjoying F&W we should try and get some rides in while we can. When I was younger I hated the WS and now that I'm older I appreciate and enjoy it so much more. Has this happened to anyone else??

Day 3 Itinerary
September 14, 2016

We're splitting the day once again and going to head to AK early to do a character breakfast at Tusker House! I'm so excited, neither of us have done this before so we're really looking forward to it. I figured after we hang with the gang :mickeyjum:goofy::donald: We will head right over to Kilimanjaro Safari without a FP and go on a safari trek. I've had great luck in the past with early morning safaris and getting to photograph a ton of animals. Fingers crossed this will happen for us!! I wanted to save our FP+ for:

1. Kali River Rapids (it'll be HOT so this will be perfect to cool us down)
2. Expedition Everest
3. Dinosaur

I'm thinking since we'll have a pretty heavy breakfast we may not need a QS lunch today. If anything a snack to hold us over? We'll see and play it by ear.

I'd like to go back to the room and freshen up, maybe hang out for a little bit and relax, before dinner - which will be Maya Grill at the Coronado. I made a reservation for here back in 2014 and we ended up nixing it. I am determined to give it a go this time around! I love me some TexMex! :thumbsup2

After dinner we'll head over to MK since as of now it is scheduled for EMH until 11. Hopefully we can score a few FP throughout the night - like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, or 7DMT. Maybe it'll be doable with the low crowd levels, maybe not. It'll be worth a shot! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for MSEP & Wishes. As of now there are no showings scheduled for my trip besides the day we leave. I'd hate to not be able to experience it at least once during my stay..

Next Post: Day 4 & 5 Itinerary

Last edited:
Hello! We're following along too. We had a great honeymoon at WDW in 2007, which was our first trip as adults. Now we are heading back this September with two kids, but we still enjoy our grown up side of Disney, especially the food!

Speaking of which, your choices look great. We love Crystal Palace for breakfast, and tried Garden Grill for the first time last trip and are going back this time. LTT is a favorite too, and we really missed it the one year we skipped it. We're also trying BOG for lunch after doing dinner there during our last two trips. We can't wait.

The JetBlue airfare sounds good too. We had the opposite issue, since we have taken JetBlue for our last two trips, but this year they messed up the schedule and we'd have an insane connecting flight home through JFK, so we were waiting for Southwest but found a nonstop deal on United. Whatever gets us there!

Congrats on the AP plans. They are so nice to have. Your first day sounds like fun, and it is neat that you get to arrive so early in the day. Starting with MK is great. Day 2 sounds like one we have planed, since we enjoy hopping between HS and Epcot. We are trying Teppan Edo for the first time too, and figure we can't go wrong whatever we choose. Day 3 sounds like another fun mix of park and resort hopping. You gotta love AK and MK in one day, with resorts (and food) in between.

Have a great time planning your trip and your wedding. We felt like we didn't do nearly the planning for our honeymoon trip that we do now, but we still had a great time. Sometimes it is nice to just have some quiet down time too.

Hello! We're following along too. We had a great honeymoon at WDW in 2007, which was our first trip as adults. Now we are heading back this September with two kids, but we still enjoy our grown up side of Disney, especially the food!

Hi, welcome! :wave: I've been getting a lot of weird looks when people ask me where we're going for our honeymoon. I guess people expect a tropical getaway or some place out of the country. We thought about it and even priced out some different trips, but we knew we wouldn't get to be able to travel for 2 weeks if we did that since airfare would pretty much consume all our savings.. it was a no brainer to go with Disney. It's our happy place. We can still relax by the pool or "beach" if we want to. We can cross off seeing Harry Potter at US - something my DF has been dying to do and we just never had the time to do it. I can't wait!

You guys will have so much fun! I've been to WDW in Sept. before and it is one of the best times of the year to go. Will you be there when MNSSHP starts up? We're definitely going to attend one night while we're there.

Speaking of which, your choices look great. We love Crystal Palace for breakfast, and tried Garden Grill for the first time last trip and are going back this time. LTT is a favorite too, and we really missed it the one year we skipped it. We're also trying BOG for lunch after doing dinner there during our last two trips. We can't wait.

BOG for lunch is amazing! I make sure to make a reservation every time we go. I loooove the turkey sandwich. I feel you will really enjoy it and get hooked ::yes::

Congrats on the AP plans. They are so nice to have. Your first day sounds like fun, and it is neat that you get to arrive so early in the day. Starting with MK is great. Day 2 sounds like one we have planed, since we enjoy hopping between HS and Epcot. We are trying Teppan Edo for the first time too, and figure we can't go wrong whatever we choose. Day 3 sounds like another fun mix of park and resort hopping. You gotta love AK and MK in one day, with resorts (and food) in between.

We've never had APs before and after pricing everything out it just seemed logical to have them for this trip since we're going back down in May of 2017 as well. It's a big expense up front but we'll be happy when we don't have to pay for tickets them.

I try not to hop parks too much because I feel like it can become a bit hectic, but with HS & Epcot so close to one another we can walk or take the boat over and it's no sweat. But with MK only having late EMH 2 out of 12 nights so far we need to make use of them! IDK if I could ever do the 4 parks in one day.

Have a great time planning your trip and your wedding. We felt like we didn't do nearly the planning for our honeymoon trip that we do now, but we still had a great time. Sometimes it is nice to just have some quiet down time too.

Oh I will! I am planning on going to the GF spa and getting a nice, relaxing massage! :thumbsup2

Day 4 Itinerary
September 15, 2016

The mock itinerary for Day 4 is to spend the entire day in MK. The hours currently say it is open until 8 PM and I'm hoping they extend them. Fingers crossed! Ideally I would love to get to MK to see the morning show and make rope drop. I guess it depends how we feel when we wake up, if we need that extra 5 minutes or not haha. :faint:

If we decide to do rope drop we'll most likely grab a quick bite at Starbucks (Sorry Dunks!!). I am in love with their breakfast sandwiches. Their coffee is okay. I tend to get a frozen frappuccino (java chip!!) and not feel entirely too guilty with all the sugar and calories because we're going to do a lot of walking which equals it's burning off. Right? Right! :rotfl:

This might be the first time I try to score our FP+ for later in the day and see how many attractions we can get done at rope drop. Maybe we'll hit up Peter Pan and 7DMT or Space. If I could get at least two of those under my belt before it gets to be too crowded I'd be a happy camper! For my FP+ I'll probably do the same as I did before during my MK day.

1. Space Mountain
2. 7DMT
3. BTMRR or Splash Mountain

A part of me kinda sorta wants to book a Wishes FP, but then I don't want to not be able to book any FP for the rest of the day. Gahhh. And we don't even know if there will be a show this night anyways.. :worried: Is it worth it? Let me know!

I'm hoping to get a reservation at my favorite lunch spot - Be Our Guest!! I love this place so much. Every trip I've had since the place opened I make sure I get in here at least once. Their carved turkey sandwich is the bomb diggity. And I can't go to BOG without getting the Master's cupcake. I mean, come on now. :rolleyes:

As for dinner. Well we're going to give this place a try. In 2014 I visited during both visits. My first visit it was amazing and my second visit not so much, which broke my heart. We're going to visit my girl Lady and her scoundrel Tramp at Tony's. I love all things Lady & the Tramp. Visiting here makes me so happy.. I'm so lame. The fountain and the portraits, gah.. Can I just bring it all back home with me? While there I can't forget to get the pistachio crème brûlée. Yuuuuum.

Day 5 Itinerary
September 16, 2016

I'm making a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe before we head out and start our day. I can't wait to try the Tonga Toast. People keep raving about it on the dining reports! I would have booked 'Ohana for the character interaction but I've done the character breakfasts before that serve pretty much the same bounty meal and it wasn't worth the money, nor did I care for it. So Kona it is! And I will have a glass or two of POG juice :thumbsup2

Day 5's adventures lead us to HS for the day, yay! HS plans are kinda scattered since we really don't know too much info on the changes, such as fireworks, yet. I'm really hoping the new Star Wars fireworks will be available. I remember how much I loved the Frozen ones and from what I've read these sound like it is going to blow that spectacle out of the water. Rob is a huge Star Wars fan so I know he'll get a kick out of them. He's looking forward to seeing the Launch Bay. I don't really follow Star Wars nor do I really like it.. I know, I know! I just can't get into it. But I want to check it out still.

Rob is hoping to get a Star Wars magic band. It's been almost 2 years since we've been so are they still only available during May with all the Star Wars festivities or would he be able to snag one while we're there?

Tentative FP+ for the day:
1. TSMM
2. ToT
3. maybe Voyage of the Little Mermaid (I missed it the last 2 times we went)

Figuring we had a big breakfast we'll probably skip lunch and grab a snack if need be since we'll need to save our appetites for dinner at 50's Prime Time! Another staple in our WDW plans. Last time Rob and I went just the two of us we were given ketchup boundaries.

We totally forgot about the elbows on the table deal.

HS has EMH tonight so we'll try and see the second Fantasmic show if they have two performances. During the down time before our showtime we can try to squeeze some headliners in like RnR or another round of TSMM depending on the crowd level and wait times. Rob and I get pretty competitive with TSMM so any chance to try and beat him I'll take it. I even got a battle wound once, we're that intense.

I pulled the string so hard/fast that I literally got rope burn on my finger and rubbed the skin raw. :lmao:

So folks, after I finish my tentative daily itineraries what other PTR posts would you like to see? Snacks I want to try (F&W and other parks), any activities we may do, wedding updates, clothes purchases (I'm a shopaholic...) Give me some ideas!

Until next time. :wave2:

Next Post: Day 6 & 7 Itinerary

Last edited:
Day 6 Itinerary
September 17, 2016

So as of right now I've saved this day to be a "lazy" day. I figured we would sleep in - which may be hard knowing we're feet away from direct transportation to the parks! Ideally I want to schedule a spa day for both Rob and myself. I got the guy hooked on massages after our last few vacations up north in New Hampshire at a cozy mountain bed and breakfast inn with an Aveda spa. He never knew what he was missing! :laughing:

I'm really leaning towards the Senses spa at the Grand Floridian because it's on the monorail and it's the Grand Floridian, duh. Has anyone gone and can tell me about their experience? After looking over the menu I am torn between the Bubbly Bath Body Treatment and the Grand Floridian Signature Massage and Body Wrap. Ahhh, decisions decisions.

After our day of rest and pampering we would head to DTD, errr.. Disney Springs (it's going to be hard for me to break that habit.) and get lunch at one of two places.

#1: Earl of Sandwich - this is our go to DTD/DS lunch spot. We had a pop up EoS open up in Boston in the common and Rob and I made sure to stop there over the summer while spending the day walking around the city.
#2: Wolfgang Puck Express - I keep telling myself one day, one day I will eat here. The food looks amazing and I feel like I'm really missing out.

Convince me - which of the two would you prefer?

We can head back to the resort for some pool time or lounging before having to get ready for dinner, which would require us to head back to DS to dine at either....

#1: Raglan Road
#2: BOAT HOUSE

And once again any in put would be greatly appreciated! We've never experienced either, just going by menus at this point.

And that about wraps up Day 6. If Wishes is going on tonight we'll watch from the beach or somewhere at the resort before calling it a night.. because Day 7 will be here before we know it!

Day 7 Itinerary
September 18, 2016

It's MNSSHP day!!! Well, hopefully it is. :confused3:laughing: But our day doesn't start in MK. We're actually going to head on over to Epcot. I want to eat breakfast in France at Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie if possible at least once this trip. We'll roam around and hit up a few of the F&W presentations that we may have missed. I already have my "wish list" of things to try going off of last years F&W menus. I'm a newbie to this so I don't know if they change year to year or what not.

Since we didn't do any rides yesterday I'm on the fence if we should make some FP choices for Epcot today or if we should hold onto them and save them for MK for some headliners before the MNSSHP starts. Gahhh... I don't know. :confused:

With a quick breakfast and just poking around the F&W booths I kind of want to do an earlier dinner and once again head back to GF. I swear, I'm not bitter that we didn't book there. Promise! After our family came back from their trip in September raving about 1900 Park Fare I put it on our list of places to try during out honeymoon. So we'll give that a go! You can't go wrong with some character interaction!

So this brings me to MNSSHP attire. I'm not planning on full costumes or anything, the rules have nothing to do with it.. it just isn't our thing. I was thinking of doing some sort of character couple themed T-shirt and that's about it... and I already have my idea in mind ;) So after dinner we can just hop on the monorail, do a quick change at the hotel, jump back on the monorail, head to MK and use our FP (for the mountains of course) bing bang boom, enjoy the night festivities.

I am already eagerly awaiting my favorite parade..

Any guesses as to what it is? Anything? Bueller.. Bueller...?

especially these ghoulish grave diggers. ahhhhhh :lovestruc

And I'm super stoked to see Salem's finest sisters performance!

I've been a Hocus Pocus fan since well.. forever. Who else had a hardcore crush on Thackery Binx? The human.. not the cat. He's cool too tho.

That about wraps up Day 7! Looking forward to any and all feedback. Until next time :wave2:

Next Post Day 8, 9, & 10 Itinerary!

Last edited:
Days 6 and 7 sound great. We like the Epcot / MK resort hop going either direction, and getting to have your resort right in the middle is cool. At DS (DTD for us since we're still trying to get used to that too) we really do enjoy WPE. We have eaten at Earl of Sandwich and enjoy it too, but WPE offers more variety. Ironically my favorite WPE menu item is their meatloaf sandwich. It is unique and really good.

The PTR looks great. A snack checklist might be interesting, but so are any other plans and acquisitions. Then there's that wedding event coming up just before the trip to think about...

Day 8 Itinerary
September 19, 2016

As of now I'm planning on making this day be an Animal Kingdom day. We'll take time to enjoy the park a bit more thoroughly than we usually do. I'm so excited to see the baby gorilla - although he may not be a "baby" by the time we see him!

I'm also hoping on this day we can do the Wild Africa Trek Tour! After discussing the different recreation activities it came down to swimming with the dolphins at Epcot or the Wild Africa Trek, and that one was the winner. I am so excited :yay:

Tentative FP ideas:
1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. Expedition Everest
3. Dinosaur or Kali Rapids

After we've had our fair share of AK I figured we'd head back to the hotel to clean up and head on over to our fancy signature dining: Narcossee's! I am beyond stoked to try this place out. It was a tough decision but this just seemed like the best choice. Plus, it's at the GF.. yep! Enough said. :laughing:

I don't have any park plans after this seeing as we're planning on going to Universal for the entire day tomorrow. Harry Potter here we come! :wizard:

Day 9 Itinerary
September 20, 2016

I knew we couldn't go to Florida for our honeymoon without taking one day out of the Disney plans to go to Universal. Ever since the Harry Potter attractions opened up I knew Rob wanted to go. Every time we went down to Disney we always said "next time we'll stop there". And next time never happened. So we'll make sure it does this time! I plan on placing an Uber and getting to the park right before opening so we can make use of the entire day. We'll get the double park one day pass so we can experience both areas.

I don't know what the best plan of action is. I haven't been to US since I was like... 7 years old. What would be the first ride we should try to get on? I know we'll want to do the HP stuff first since that is primarily why we are there. Help!!

Any suggestions for places to eat would be kindly appreciated as well! ::yes::

We're going to (hopefully) stay until park close and Uber it back to the hotel. Back to the World tomorrow!

Day 10 Itinerary
September 21, 2016

If I go by the TA calendar as of right now this day should be a MK EMH evening. I'm thinking we can sleep in just a little bit before our breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe. (I must try the Tonga Toast!) We'll head over to the park shortly after and use our FP so we can try and snag as maybe as we can thereafter.

Tentative FP ideas:
1. Space Mountain
2. 7DMT
3. Splash Mountain

My prior MK FP plans include BTMRR - which I found out at the end of last week will be closed for refurbishment. I am so sad, that is one of my favorites! :sad: But I know upkeep and maintenance is necessary. Luckily I'm going back in May of 2017 so I'll get to ride it over and over then to make up for September :rotfl:

For lunch (if we even have room for lunch) I have Columbia Harbor House written down as an idea.. but after reading someones trip report (I can't remember who, sorry!) I may want to have us venture down to Casey's. Those mini corn dog nuggets look fab! We'll see if we're even hungry after the breakfast and if so what we're in the mood for, because we have dinner planned for Liberty Tree Tavern! This place is so good. Like.. so, so good. It is right up there with one of my favorites. I'm a sucker for Thanksgiving-esque foods. :p

Fingers crossed that Wishes will be available and we can some how coordinate our dinner time with MSEP and Wishes. We watched it last time right by LTT and we loved the view and perspective since we almost always watch it in front of the castle.

Where is your favorite spot to watch MSEP and/or Wishes?

Next Post: Day 11, 12, & 13 Itinerary

Last edited:
Days 6 and 7 sound great. We like the Epcot / MK resort hop going either direction, and getting to have your resort right in the middle is cool. At DS (DTD for us since we're still trying to get used to that too) we really do enjoy WPE. We have eaten at Earl of Sandwich and enjoy it too, but WPE offers more variety. Ironically my favorite WPE menu item is their meatloaf sandwich. It is unique and really good.

The PTR looks great. A snack checklist might be interesting, but so are any other plans and acquisitions. Then there's that wedding event coming up just before the trip to think about...

Having our resort on the monorail is going to be such a treat! That is one of the major perks I am looking forward to for sure.

I know.. It took me a long time to stop referring HS to MGM. Now this with DTD? Give me a year.. maybe it'll catch on :laughing:

Meatloaf sandwich? Oh man that sounds so good. I think we will be adventurous and give WPE a try. We're so comfortable with EoS and since we're going back only a few months later we can give it a whirl then.

A snack checklist, yes! This is perfect since we'll be there for F&W and going off last years menus I have a whole section just for the booths. I will include some wedding tidbits for sure within the upcoming posts :bride:

Day 11 Itinerary
September 22, 2016

This will be our last full day at Epcot so we're going to make the most of the F&W booths that we may have not visited as well as make 2nd stops at the ones we loved.

Here are just a few items I am looking forward to trying at F&W (if the menu is the same from last year):

(Disclaimer: These are not my photos. Images were taken from Google Images)

1. Belgium Booth: Belgium Waffle with berry compote and whipped cream

2. Australia Booth: Grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp with pineapple, peppers, onions, and snap peas

3. Farm Fresh Booth: Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onion

4. France Booth: La Passion Martini Slush - vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, cranberry and passion fruit juice

5. Germany Booth: Schinkennudeln - Pasta gratin with ham and cheese

6. Refreshment Cool Post: Mango Star featuring African Starr Rum

7. Korea Booth: Korean Barbecue Short Rib with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi

8. Mexico Booth: Guava Margarita

9. Refreshment Port: Dragon Berry Refresher

With all the different taste testing we'll count these goodies as our lunch. But hopefully we won't indulge too much, because we have dinner at Garden Grill! This is one I am very excited to try out. The menu looks delicious and scouting some trip reports that included dining images is what helped me decide this is a must do this trip!

Tentative FP+:
1. Soarin'
2. Frozen (If open!)
3. Mission Space.. Spaceship Earth.. anything really :sad2:

Day 12 Itinerary

September 23, 2016
Our last full day at Disney :sad1::sad: I think the only thing that will keep me from crying is knowing we will be back in 8-9 months. Phew!

Looking at my mock itinerary I show today being split between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.. which I think I might change since we're no longer doing a breakfast at MK. Two during this trip is plenty.. and I'd much rather enjoy Kona and Tusker. So we'll go with Hollywood Studios for the day - yaaaay!

I would love to get to HS for rope drop. That way we can ride whatever major attraction we weren't able to fast pass because of the tiers. I'm thinking of going with the following:

1. TSMM
2. RnR
3. Beauty & the Beast or Frozen Singalong
(I love both of them :blush:, especially B&B. Rob brought me to the Broadway show as a Christmas present and I LOVED it. )

Dinner is set for Mama Melrose and I'm hoping to score a Fantasmic! package. I've never done this before, so that's exciting. And then we'll hopefully get over to watch the Symphony in the Stars fireworks. Hearing everyone talk about it is making me excited to see them. I can only image how big it will be. The Frozen fireworks in 2014 blew me away.

And that will wrap up our last full day in Disney. We'll most likely head back to the resort to maybe grab a drink and head back to the room to start packing for our departure tomorrow..

Day 13 Itinerary
September 24, 2016

I know when I wake up I'm going to be incredibly sad. I hate the final packing and saying goodbye to your "home" after spending so much time there, especially not knowing when I'll be able to experience Poly again. See, I haven't even been there and I'm already dreading having to leave. I'm such a nerd :rotfl:

I want to squeeze in as much park time as possible before we need to be back at the resort for the worst ride ever (the Magical Express ride to the airport). So I'm thinking we'll go downstairs so we can check out and settle our bill and then do our check in for the airport and give them our bags. Then it's off to the park - we always start with Magic Kingdom and end with Magic Kingdom! A quick breakfast will more than likely be grabbed at Starbucks once we get there.

Typical mountain fast passes will be booked of course. :thumbsup2

As for lunch I am hoping the Diamond Horseshoe will be open and we can book a reservation to grab a meal. Our flight isn't until almost 7 PM so I'm guessing we have until 3ish to enjoy MK and squeeze as many rides/attractions in as we possibly can - as well as do any last minute shopping.

And that folks, is the game plan for our 12 night/13 day Disneymoon Adventure!
Now let's see if this actually pans out how I am envisioning it... :scratchin

Next Post: Pre-ADR Day Update

Last edited:
I am so behind, but I LOVE your plans! It sounds like such a fun trip!

Then after we've had our fair share of fun in HS we will either head back to the hotel to freshen up or just go straight over to Epcot through the back entrance and wander around the World Showcase. I'm planning on making an ADR for Teppan Edo - another first for us! Please tell me if you've eaten here and what you recommend. I love hibachi so I'm hoping this will be an awesome experience. :woohoo:Epcot has EMH for the evening so depending on our mood we may try to squeeze a ride or two in (Soarin' & Test Track of course!). I figure since we'll be walking around the WS a few times this week while enjoying F&W we should try and get some rides in while we can. When I was younger I hated the WS and now that I'm older I appreciate and enjoy it so much more. Has this happened to anyone else??

I could live in the World Showcase. Seriously could you imagine.. just hiding out somewhere, heading to Les Halles for breakfast, and roaming the countries eating/drinking all day!? When I was little I totally didn't appreciate it enough.

We did Teppan Edo in 2014. It was good! I'm used to fried rice and they serve a beef sukaki (or something like that..) rice, so that was different. We didn't do dessert (we did the dining plan but I was so full I thought I would pop). I think I did steak and chicken and it was good!

A part of me kinda sorta wants to book a Wishes FP, but then I don't want to not be able to book any FP for the rest of the day. Gahhh. And we don't even know if there will be a show this night anyways.. :worried: Is it worth it? Let me know!

We're doing one in April so I'll report back ;) We had one scheduled for last time we were in WDW but it rained and we bailed. I think it sounds worth it if you have plans where you wouldn't really want the extra FP's during the day.

I'm hoping to get a reservation at my favorite lunch spot - Be Our Guest!! I love this place so much. Every trip I've had since the place opened I make sure I get in here at least once. Their carved turkey sandwich is the bomb diggity. And I can't go to BOG without getting the Master's cupcake. I mean, come on now. :rolleyes:

Yes! Yumm... I've never done the turkey but I'll have to try it. Can't go wrong with the cupcakes!

As for dinner. Well we're going to give this place a try. In 2014 I visited during both visits. My first visit it was amazing and my second visit not so much, which broke my heart. We're going to visit my girl Lady and her scoundrel Tramp at Tony's. I love all things Lady & the Tramp. Visiting here makes me so happy.. I'm so lame. The fountain and the portraits, gah.. Can I just bring it all back home with me? While there I can't forget to get the pistachio crème brûlée. Yuuuuum.

This place gets such a bad rap, but I think it sounds so cute. Even if it is Olive Garden level, I love the Olive Garden.

#1: Earl of Sandwich - this is our go to DTD/DS lunch spot. We had a pop up EoS open up in Boston in the common and Rob and I made sure to stop there over the summer while spending the day walking around the city.
#2: Wolfgang Puck Express - I keep telling myself one day, one day I will eat here. The food looks amazing and I feel like I'm really missing out.

Convince me - which of the two would you prefer?

I am of no help, because I find myself in the same predicament. We did EOS once, and I loved it. I always want to try WPE though because the food looks awesome and it seems to be a great value.

#1: Raglan Road
#2: BOAT HOUSE

Again - NO HELP! Lol. I have been dying to try the Boathouse. I don't think you can go wrong, either way! I loved the dessert at Raglan Road.

I am so behind, but I LOVE your plans! It sounds like such a fun trip!

It's okay, I've been absent as well. There hasn't been much that I can do!

I could live in the World Showcase. Seriously could you imagine.. just hiding out somewhere, heading to Les Halles for breakfast, and roaming the countries eating/drinking all day!? When I was little I totally didn't appreciate it enough.

We did Teppan Edo in 2014. It was good! I'm used to fried rice and they serve a beef sukaki (or something like that..) rice, so that was different. We didn't do dessert (we did the dining plan but I was so full I thought I would pop). I think I did steak and chicken and it was good!

Oh my gosh, I know right? I hated the WS when I went when I was younger and I didn't really care for it when I went in 2009. But my last 3 trips I've been such a fan and I can't wait to go back and experience F&W as well!

I decided to skip Teppan Edo. After reading reviews and what not I felt like it would be a bit of a downgrade compared to the habachi we have around us. Plus we frequently go out for it at home this is our chance to try something different!

We're doing one in April so I'll report back ;) We had one scheduled for last time we were in WDW but it rained and we bailed. I think it sounds worth it if you have plans where you wouldn't really want the extra FP's during the day.

Yes let me know! I'm wondering if it will even be available in Sept. or if they are going to do away with it for good.

Yes! Yumm... I've never done the turkey but I'll have to try it. Can't go wrong with the cupcakes!

You won't regret it! It is out of this world!

This place gets such a bad rap, but I think it sounds so cute. Even if it is Olive Garden level, I love the Olive Garden.

Hahahah that is a spot on comparison! At least their bread is better than OG :laughing:

I am of no help, because I find myself in the same predicament. We did EOS once, and I loved it. I always want to try WPE though because the food looks awesome and it seems to be a great value.

I think we may go with WPE. We have a EOS pop up that comes to the Boston Common park that we visited last year over the summer. So we may do it again to get our EOS fix. Time to try something new!

Again - NO HELP! Lol. I have been dying to try the Boathouse. I don't think you can go wrong, either way! I loved the dessert at Raglan Road.

I make my ADRs tomorrow gaaaaah. I have so many options and not enough meals to use them all :confused:

:jumping1: Tomorrow is ADR Day!!! :jumping1:

Okay so now our Disneymoon is starting to feel more and more real. We're finally at the 6 month stretch. Which means I am under the 6 month mark for the wedding. Gulp... :scared1: I got my taxes deposited over the weekend and wham bam thank you ma'am they were gone. At least I took a big dent out of our videographer/photographer balance.

But anywho.. things have changed since my last posts and I've made a spreadsheet with my 1st choices and back up choice(s) for tomorrow. My game plan is to be up a little before 6 AM and make a mad dash for all the ressies I need. :surfweb: My plan of execution is to have a tab open for every restaurant I need to book - I select the date and number of people and one by one I quickly hit search as I go down the line. It has worked for me in the past and I hope it won't fail me now!

So just to recap... this is my wish list ADR choices. Cue the drum roll.

thanks Animal :thumbsup2

The parks listed under each date is where we will be for dinner time. We have a few days were we will split our day between one or two places! Like Sunday for example. I'm holding out for the 18th to be MNSSHP which is why I picked a restaurant near MK. If only Disney knew people were booking their ADRs and would like to have this info readily available to try and accurate plan their days out!! :rolleyes1

Alright here's to hoping I have good luck on my side tomorrow! I'll let you all know how I make out. And for those of you booking tomorrow, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Next Post: Confirmed ADRS & Real Life Update

Last edited:
How'd the ADR's go!? I was a little nervous for you as I'd heard they would be rolling out the ROL dining packages and stuff today (I've been stalking that, but alas, nothing today). Did you get everything you wanted!?

How'd the ADR's go!? I was a little nervous for you as I'd heard they would be rolling out the ROL dining packages and stuff today (I've been stalking that, but alas, nothing today). Did you get everything you wanted!?

ADR's went incredibly smoothly! I was able to book 9/12 to 9/22 and then Thursday I woke up and booked 9/23 and today I finished 9/24. I got everything I wanted and more! I'll post a thread later today with all the good deets ;)

Still holding out for a ROL package! I'm hoping I can change one of my AK ressies for one when they decide to finally release all that info.

Following! popcorn:: I am loving the gifs.....some of them are a RIOT!!! Must remember that option when I start my own PTR. :scratchin

Your plans look great!

*If you ever do have the chance to fly out of Manchester, try it!! It's WONDERFUL. Small airport, very easy to navigate (you really can't get lost), and SW has lots of non-stop trips to FL (I visit my dad in Tampa often so I'm always looking for that "perfect" schedule!)

*Re: people looking at you funny over going to WDW for your honeymoon -- Look at a map of the Poly, pick one of the buildings (doesn't matter if that's where you end up or not), and then in the future you answer, "Oh we're going to Tonga, it's in Polynesia!" :rotfl:

*I am also a MA girl! Although from the North Shore. And now living in NH. But I digress.... :rolleyes1

*You are very lucky to have found a guy who loves Disney as much as you do!! I also have that, as well as his family, and it's so nice to share plans and have everyone GET it! :rolleyes:

pixiedust:

Disneymoon Confirmed ADR's!!

Sorry for the delay! Life has been a little crazy as of lately. I've been spending a lot of my free time planning my girlfriends bridal shower and bachelorette for the beginning of April. I never knew just how much work goes into this kind of thing. I've helped with showers and bachelorettes in the past but this time I'm holding the reins and hoping she is surprised and happy with what I have in store for her! :scared:

On top of being in a wedding this May I'm also tackling my list at the same time! This weekend I have my bridal make-up trial and then in two weeks I have my floral consultation, again... My original florist decided to up and retire this summer after going over my inspiration boards (thanks Pinterest!) and ideas, giving a deposit, etc.. so now I'm working with another vendor and I have to do all this all over again. Good grief.

Okay back to the PTR update! I had smooth sailing when my 180 day window opened up. I was able to do my 180 +10 reservations without any hiccups, which I was nervous about because I've heard people who rent DVC points can sometimes come across a hard stop when making their ADRs and have to wait for the phone lines to open.. But that wasn't the case, phew! I then had to wake up early Thursday and Friday morning to book the remaining 2 days that were outside the +10 window. I got everything I wanted and then some extras, because I am the most indecisive person ever. I will narrow it down and drop the extras as soon as I can. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. I'm sorry if I come across being greedy! :( Blame it on my difficult decision making. The struggle is real, folks.

Without further adieu, I present our Disneymoon ADR's!

• 9/12/16 PLAZA RESTAURAUNT: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/13/16 VIA NAPOLI: Reservations for Lunch
  • 9/13/16 CHEFS DE FRANCE: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/14/16 BE OUR GUEST: Reservations for Lunch
  • 9/14/16 LIBERTY TREE TAVERN: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/15/16 TUSKER HOUSE: Reservations for Breakfast ***Hoping for ROL Package***
  • 9/15/16 MAYA GRILL: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/15/16 YAK & YETI: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/16/16 50'S PRIME TIME CAFE: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/17/16 AFTERNOON TEA AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN: Reservations for Lunch
  • 9/17/16 RAGLAN ROAD: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/18/16 CRYSTAL PALACE: Reservations for Breakfast
  • 9/18/16 1900 PARK FARE: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/18/16 BE OUR GUEST: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/19/16 NARCOOSSEES: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/19/16 YACHTSMAN STEAKHOUSE: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/20/16 BE OUR GUEST: Reservations for Dinner ***Tentative Universal Day***
  • 9/21/16 KONA CAFE: Reservations for Breakfast
  • 9/21/16 TONY'S: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/22/16 GARDEN GRILL: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/23/16 SCI FI DINE IN: Reservations for Dinner
  • 9/24/16 BE OUR GUEST: Reservations for Lunch

See, Pooh knows what's up! :laughing:

So now I am currently in another lull with not much to do besides wait for my 60 day window to book fast passes. I guess I can focus on wedding stuff in the mean time.. :rotfl:

Oh! I forgot to mention I booked our Wild Africa Trek tour. I am so, so, so, so incredibly excited! We decided to do 8 AM on Monday 9/19. Has anyone done it? Please give me details! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Now if only Disney would release the official MNSSHP dates (fingers crossed for Sunday 9/18!) and ROL package information, right? Then I can cross that off my "to-do" list. Well, until next time guys!

Have a Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Following! popcorn:: I am loving the gifs.....some of them are a RIOT!!! Must remember that option when I start my own PTR. :scratchin

Hahaha why thank you! Tumblr has the motherload! You should totally utilize it when you start your PTR.

*If you ever do have the chance to fly out of Manchester, try it!! It's WONDERFUL. Small airport, very easy to navigate (you really can't get lost), and SW has lots of non-stop trips to FL (I visit my dad in Tampa often so I'm always looking for that "perfect" schedule!)

I will definitely keep Manchester open for future flights. This time around it just didn't work with our schedule. I wanted to fly out as early as possible and I felt guilty making my FFIL drive us up there at like 2/2:30 in the morning to make it for our flight at 6 AM. :(

*Re: people looking at you funny over going to WDW for your honeymoon -- Look at a map of the Poly, pick one of the buildings (doesn't matter if that's where you end up or not), and then in the future you answer, "Oh we're going to Tonga, it's in Polynesia!" :rotfl:

That is genius! I am totally going to do that next time! Hahaha

*I am also a MA girl! Although from the North Shore. And now living in NH. But I digress.... :rolleyes1

Yaaaay another MA girlie!! I have a soft spot for NH as well. My grandparents own a cottage up in NH on a private lake and it is my home away from home. I would pick vacationing up there over the Cape any day.

*You are very lucky to have found a guy who loves Disney as much as you do!! I also have that, as well as his family, and it's so nice to share plans and have everyone GET it! :rolleyes:

I really am so lucky! I've read a few PTR/TR on here where people state their significant other could care less or not even go because they're not into it and I would be so sad if that were me! My DF and his family actually brought out my Disney side. I had only been once when I was like 7/8 years old and then went again when I was 19 so ever since then I've had the Disney bug!

I'm glad you are able to share your love for the World with your significant other :goodvibes

FP+ booking and other misc. details
49 Days until our Disneymoon!

Well I kind of disappeared for 4 months, whoops! There wasn't much to write about and things have just been absolutely insane with our day to day lives and planning our wedding + honeymoon. I hope everyone has been enjoying their summer so far! :cool2:

I was able to snag all the FPs I wanted - my booking window opened up at the beginning of the month. It's been almost 2 years since I've booked FPs so this time around the layout was a bit different than I remembered. I swear when you logged in to book you were able to pick your park and then select your three ride choices and times all within one screen. This time around the one at a time deal was a bit confusing for me. I kept forgetting what my previous times were so there was a lot of back and forth verification going on. And when did Disney stop FP from overlapping? In the end everything worked out and I am stoked with our selections!
Day 1: Magic Kingdom
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Seven Dwarf's Mine Train
Day 2: Epcot
  • Mission Space (a ride I have never been on, but Rob loves it so I have to give it a go)
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Frozen Ever After
Day 3: Magic Kingdom
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Space Mountain
Day 4: Animal Kingdom
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
Day 5: Hollywood Studios
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Tower of Terror
  • Star Tours
Day 6: Epcot after Dinner right before closing (this is our rest day)
  • Soarin'
Day 7: Magic Kingdom
  • Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Haunted Mansion
Day 8: Animal Kingdom
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kali River Rapids
Day 9: Universal Studios (but maybe hitting Epcot for the final hour before closing)
  • Soarin'
Day 10: Magic Kingdom
  • Space Mountain
  • Festival of Fantasy
Day 11: Epcot
  • Test Track
  • Character Spot (we can't go to Disney and not get a picture with Mickey!)
  • Journey into Imagination (I don't think I've ever ridden this :confused3)
Day 12: Hollywood Studios
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Tower of Terror
  • Indiana Jones
Day 13: Magic Kingdom
  • Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • The dreaded ME ride to the airport :sad:

Other things that have been going on with the wedding:

1. I had my first dress fitting and I brought my FMIL & my grandmother to experience that with me. To see my grandma tear up almost made me start crying but I held it in! Me crying = instant headache. It was nice to see my dress on me again. I forgot how heavy it is! I was also reminded how badly I need to break my heels in :headache:
  2. I had my bridal shower! It was quite possibly one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced. It was a semi surprise. I knew the date so I was able to be ready because honestly, I'm that girl that would have showed up in an oversized t-shirt and yoga pants. Imagine that?! I'd be mortified! My MOH (who is my future sister-in-law) and all my 'maids and the moms organized such a beautiful brunch. It was a rustic garden/tea party theme and we have 60+ people. It was so touching to have friends and family there to share in celebrating our upcoming wedding with Rob & I.
  3. Rob went away for his bachelor party - they went to Mexico for a long weekend. They had a blast! It was an all inclusive resort so they were able to enjoy themselves. They did a few excursions and his dad was able to go and I know that meant a lot to Rob to be able to share that experience with him.
  4. I had my bachelorette this past weekend. We stayed in the city and had 2 full days of pampering and partying. I was treated to a mani/pedi and a massage on Friday and Saturday we went to a blow dry bar before dinner and a night on the town. I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Sunday was a little rough :laughing: but it was hands down such an epic weekend and I will never forget it nor the memories made with all my girlfriends. They really outdid themselves again!
  5. After this week we can officially say we're getting married next month! I can't believe it. I remember starting our countdown when we were first engaged and it was in the 700's. Now we're coming into the final stretch. We've been organizing final meetings with our vendors (florist, DJ, photography/videography, etc) and soon we will start prepping the items we will be making and/or decorating for the wedding. I wanted to paint & distress some mason jars for the cocktail tables and I am arranging fake flowers to go in them. I have to paint some frames and an easel. Little tasks that I need to take off the back burner and start cranking out so I can cross them off my to do list.
  6. Our RSVP's have been coming in. We're getting pretty much all yeses. Has this been a trend for anyone else? I am honestly so flattered, but I didn't expect that every person so far would be able to make it! Which is amazing. I'm glad everyone can make it so far. I guess that rule of thumb that x amount of people will most likely decline doesn't apply to everyone! :rotfl:The more the merrier!

Well, I think that covers everything that has occurred during the last several months I've been MIA. I hope all my fellow brides-to-be are enjoying every moment as they approach their big day and have an amazing and relaxing honeymoon!

Until next time, folks! :wave2:

Last edited:
Hi! Just read through your PTR and popped in to say hello!

We are also renting points from Dave's for an AKL (Savanna view!) stay. I would love to work up to the Poly, though!

Looks like you had a great bachelorette weekend - good for you! It's crunch time now! But you'll for sure pull it off. I think I sat down and cried at the exact 30 day mark to my wedding. I was just so overwhelmed. Then I wiped my eyes, dusted myself off, and got to work! It all worked out in the end. We also did not have that many people decline. That % decline that our caterer said would happen did not happen AT ALL. Luckily, I knew better and was prepared.

I also wanted to tell you that we did the Wild Africa Trek two years ago in Sept and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I would totally do it again. I LOVED our guides. We got to see so many cool things and eating in the Boma at the end was heavenly. We felt super special when they took us out on our private Safari vehicle and got to get really close to the giraffes. So cool.

Good luck with all your (dual!) planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter