I'm engaged!!!!

mandasbutterfly

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, well it's official I'm engaged and ready to start planning my Disney wedding. I am soo excited. My now fiance took me to Disney last weekend. We stayed one night at the POR and I loved it. I have never stayed there and was sooo happy to be there. We had a room in Oak Manor with a wonderful view of the river. It was so romantic there to walk along the river and take the boat to DTD. Then the next day we moved to the Grand Floridian for two nights. He played it up very good and said he was sorry but that he couldn't get us a magic kingdom view but he did try. I was actually ok with that as I have always wanted to stay here an that was good enough for me. We had to wait a while for our room so we just hung around the hotel and enjoyed the music in the lobby. Finally our room was ready and we went to our building. We were in Sago Cay and as we got to the room I was trying to push him out of the way as I wanted to see the room. He wouldn't let me in first and I was like move move!! Well he got to the balcony doors and opened the curtains and to my total surprise and shock we had the most awesome view of the Castle!! I was in shock and soo happy I didn't know what to do!!! He then told me we had to hurry as we had dinner reservations. I asked where and he said the California Grill!! I was soo happy as I have been wanting to eat here. So we got ready although I asked many times if we could just stay in the room because I didn't want to leave it. He said we could if I really wanted but I felt bad as he did a lot of work planning this trip. So we were off and on the monorail. We got to the contemorary and checked in at the restaraunt. He told me to go and check out the observation deck and I did and it was awesome. He came and got me and said our table was ready. We were taken to our table and we had the most awesome view of the castle again. I don't think it could have been more perfect. I kept telling him, I can't take any more excitement, that this is too much, that this is the best vacation ever and I am so happy. Hehe little did I know! Well first he ordered a bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee, something I have been waiting to try and it was wonderful. We then ordered a flatbreat as an appetizer and that was great too! He had something else as an appetizer also but I can't remember what is was as I woudln't have liked it anyway. We both had the beef filet and I must say that was one of the best meals I have ever had, I'm not sure if you have ever heard of Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa but this blew them out of the water and we have been to Bern's many times!! Then all of a sudden the lights dimmed for the fireworks. I saw him grab his pocket and I was like Oh My God!! I was in shock, so he moved his chair next to mine to view the fireworks and I was looking out of the window and the next thing I know he is on his knee asking me to marry him. It was wonderful and my ring is soo beautiful!! I don't think this could have been more perfect!! It was like a fairytale. We went back to our room to enjoy it and watch the castle change colors and call our families. We then started the next day with a breakfast that he planned at 1900 Park Faire.. It was great and I loved Pooh and Ejore!! Then we spent the rest of the day resort hopping to look at the Christmas decorations and went back to DTD for some more shopping. Then he orderd room service for dinner and had it set up on the balcony just before the fireworks. We had the most wonderful view of the fireworks from our room and could also see the Contemporary where we were engaged the night before. It couldn't have been any better!! We both were like we've been engaged for 24hrs now and it was neat to be able to see where we got engaged. We were like it doesn't get much better than this. Our room and the view the castle being straight ahead could not have been anymore perfect. I totally fell in love with the Grand Floridian. We then went over to Mizner's lounge for a glass of champagne to celebrate once more and went to the beach to relax and watch the water pageant!! I was really nice! I had the best time of my life!! Unfortunately on this last night my fiance got very sick and believes it was something he ate. This of course ruined our lunch and then tea for the next day but the trip was still perfect. He felt so bad and said we would go back for lunch and tea and so we are next weekend just after Thanksgiving even thought it is not necessary but I am excited about it. Even though he got sick on the last night it was the most magical vacation I have ever had. I can't wait to marry him!!! We have talked about dates and are thinking next November or possibly the year after that in November so we can finish school! We are un decided yet we just aren't sure we can wait two years so we'll see. We are definetely thinking Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian though hehe!! Thanks for letting me share the most wonderful thing that has ever happend to me!! :lovestruc :love2: :bride: :groom:

Thanks hotveggy!!! I can't wait to start planning... I have so many ideas and don't know where to begin except for whether to have the wedding next year or the year after! Anyway thanks again for the congrats!!

I can't say that i am at a position to give you advice, but i can tell you about my situation. I have been engaged for over a year now, and am not getting married for another year and a half. All together, we will be engaged for just about two and a half years before we get married. Some people think this is SUCH a long time to be engaged, but i have come to the conclusion that it really depends on the couple. we would love to get married now or sooner than 2005, but our lives just aren't necessarily allowing it right now. Not only can we not afford to get married right now, but i am working on finishing my masters. for us, we pretty much feel like we are married already, just not officially, so it doesn't bother us much. but there is a part of me that can't wait to be a mrs. (even though that is kinda scary).

Anyways, do what is right for the two of you. you have the rest of your lives to be married...

Good luck with the decision and your planning.

That was such a lovely engagement story and one that I know you will treasure. Congratulations and have fun planning :)

YIPPIE! Congrats! This next year of planning is going to be so much fun for you. If I can give you any advice. Enjoy it! Don't let any little detail get you down or stress out. And take it from me that it is going to fly by. I am leaving in 3 days to head down to Florida and it I feel like I got engaged yesterday. ENJOY IT!

Congratulations! Your engagement story is wonderful. Sago Key is a wonderful location, my fiance and I stayed there last year.

Thanks everyone!! You guys are very sweet! LisaLovesDisney Congratulations to you!!! Wow, have a wonderful wonderful wedding. I am so excited for you and would love to hear all about it when you get back!!!

:Pinkbounc

Congratulations on your engagement!

I just got married in March of this year, and three days after our wedding was the 3-year anniversary of our engagement (engaged on 4-2-00, married on 3-30-03), so I know how it is to have a looooooooong engagement. We decided not to get married right away because my husband was still working on his bachelors degree, so we waited until he was almost finished (he graduated 2 months after the wedding).

Don't let people worry you about having a long engagement. You'll have so much time to plan and save money (weddings don't come cheap these days!). I loved having a long engagement. The wedding comes and goes so fast, I'm glad we had time to really enjoy our fiance/e status! If anyone gives you a hard time about a long engagement, just tell them, "We're not only planning our wedding, but we're preparing for the *marriage* too. A wedding is only one day, our marriage is for the rest of our lives." That ought to shut 'em up. ;)

Oh wow, thats such a lovely story! :p Congratulations! You sound so happy, that I was smiling too when I was reading it :o Sorry about your fiance- hope he wasnt too ill, congrats again!

:Pinkbounc

What a beautiful engagement you had! Congratulations to you both and thank you for sharing it with us.

My husband and I are renewing our Wedding vows on the Disney Wonder Cruise ship on 8 December 2003, to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

Have lots of fun planning your wedding, take your time and make the most of it, planning is half the fun!

Conrgratulations!!!

Thanks for the advice WDWhoneymooner!! I agree! I want to enjoy our fiance status and not just planning a wedding the entire time although I know it will be fun!! Hehe! I love it and can't wait to use your line about I am not only preparing for the wedding but for marriage to its great!! That is the best advice, it is soo true for us as we just aren't quite ready for marriage yet!!! You are right, a wedding is only one day but marriage is for life!! Now if we were finished with school and had money saved we would jump right in but that is not the case and I really want to enjoy the engagement also... I love just being his fiance for now!! It is so special and I am soo happy!! And a Congratulations to you too on your recent wedding!!!

tazz23- thank you!!! And my fiance is feeling much better now!! I am glad... he was so sick... I cried hehe! I didn't know what to do and was so upset! I had never seen him soo sick!! Oh well at least it was the last night and I guess it will be something we will never forget and we will laugh about it one day!

rosemary123 Thank you too!! I will have so much fun planning I can't wait! Congratulations on your vow renewal! That sounds very special and I hope you have the most wonderful time!! Let us know about it when you get back ok!!!

And Thanks to everyone for the congratulations!!!You guys are the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter