I'm Done!!! Too Many Changes We Don't Like

Eh, this isn't really a spoiled brat picking up the toys and going home - its just that these changes are honestly frustrating people. Telling them not to let the door hit them on the way out isn't very nice at all.

I think I will do a classic "this board is getting pretty mean" comment.

Why so mean? :confused3

I feel sad that they're alienating people who aren't looking forward to the changes. Not everyone can afford to be onsite, or want to schedule everything down to a T for their vacation. It doesn't make their priorities "wrong" to say that. They just don't tour the same way you do.

On the other hand its not the changes that are making me consider not going back for a few years, its the poor execution. I arrive in 82 days and my tickets still are not linked properly to my account and I can't seem to get the new system to add them (we have APs) so will likely miss out on FP+ altogether. I've had the premier annual pass for three years now and there has not been ONE time in either park where I have been able to do anything online properly (and in some cases walk through a turnstile - whenever I go from one to the other it needs to be reissued for their system. California & Florida do not link up properly even after so many years!) without having to call them to fix my account. Mind you the IT people work on a shorter day, so catching someone who can help can be frustrating as I also work a normal 8-5 workweek. I missed out on passholder experiences because the site won't accept my # as valid even when I CAN get into that resort (such as the soft opening of Fantasyland).

We have to book things 6 months in advance for dining but now there are rumors that Kona might be closed (RUMORS mind you - they have not said anything about it), Remy gets pulled from Chef's de France, etc on their whim very close to the time they take effect. Since everything is on east coast time getting said dining reservations means waking up at 3am and I am tired of that too anyway. Specials like Free Dining sells out if you don't get up early as well, oh except the times they release at midnight but they don't tell you that ahead of time either. If you wait on hold for an hour or more they MIGHT be able to find you something that works with your dates. My mother spent three hours and was in tears trying to get a B.O.G. reservation when it opened and were it not for people finding a back door phone # to get in she wouldn't have gotten to go even after all that effort. Their phone system is atrocious.

We do not get PINs ever (don't even get me started on that alienating program), do not live in a state that has a theme park for resident rates, and will never understand why AP holders can't get free dining sometimes along with it being offered to the GP. Oh, and they cancelled my birthday cruise in January a few months before our sail date (that's on DCL I know) AFTER many had booked airfare and only paid their change fees, though not for any increase in price. This is also an industry where you need to be quick - book on opening day for the best price means knowing where you will be two years from now and willing to put 20% or more down on it.

I too am getting beaten down by Disney's way of doing things and I don't even have anything against FP+ or wristbands or whatever else. Dining and discounts and everything else is just completely adding up for us and the difference between the way you do things going to DLR vs WDW is like night and day - truly DLR is more relaxing! If I stop going I'll just stop going, I assure you, no stomping of feet or posting a thread about it, just quietly into the night. But I do have empathy for others who are sad about it too.

Nice rant. :thumbsup2

No, really. It was well stated and you've obviously put some thought into it.

Thanks for sharing.

I am going with absolutely this is a situation where people are taking their toys and going home. The VAST majority of people who have said, "Oh, noes, I won't be back" have not been to WDW since MB began testing. All they know is what they read on the internet.

I've never looked at Disney as a vacation. But it sure is still my favorite place on earth. Probably always will be. I find myself blessed that I am able when I know people who would die to go but can't afford it.

Just my two cents ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

See ya. One less person in the crowd I'll have to deal with.

If THESE are the reasons that you won't visit Disney World, then I think your have your vacationing priorities wrong to being with.

Pointless thread.

Ethan

second that... sorry i even opened this one!

Disney magic FOREVER!!

Who here gets to pick someone else's priorities?

I am going this December with an open mind and I hope for the best. I do think that it's time to check out other parts of the world though so we'll see what we decide next. Nothing wrong with a break.

So add me to the one less person all you might have to deal with. I will say that we are easy to get along with and not demanding so hopefully we won't be replaced with a few of the entitled brats you see so often. :)

These types of threads always make me wonder what the OP's endgame is.

• Are they just ranting -- the online equivalent of yelling something in the car, just to get it out of your system?
  • Do they want to find a whole bunch of other people who agree so that they can assure themselves they've made the "right" decision?
  • Are they hoping someone will talk them out of it?
  • Do they think that by threatening not to go, Disney will change their mind and put all the stuff back that the complainers don't like?
  • Are they picking a fight?
  • Are they looking for attention or trying to be part of the "cool kids" by dissing Disney?
  • Are they just in a pissy mood?

If you don't want to ever go to Disney again, then don't. If you want to make an issue out of it, tell Disney. But I don't get the "announcement to a bunch of strangers" mentality. "I shall now announce that I will never visit Walt Disney World again. Everyone please take notice." Clearly there's a reaction the OP wants ... I just don't get what it is.

:earsboy:

• Are they just ranting -- the online equivalent of yelling something in the car, just to get it out of your system?
  • Do they want to find a whole bunch of other people who agree so that they can assure themselves they've made the "right" decision?
  • Do they think that by threatening not to go, Disney will change their mind and put all the stuff back that the complainers don't like?
  • Are they looking for attention or trying to be part of the "cool kids" by dissing Disney?

If you don't want to ever go to Disney again, then don't. If you want to make an issue out of it, tell Disney. But I don't get the "announcement to a bunch of strangers" mentality. "I shall now announce that I will never visit Walt Disney World again. Everyone please take notice." Clearly there's a reaction the OP wants ... I just don't get what it is.

I think sometimes, not saying for this OP specifically, people write posts like this from a place of sadness...they are sad that the place they love(d) is changing or not what they remember, that kind of thing. If they didn't care, they wouldn't be bothered writing at all.

If THESE are the reasons that you won't visit Disney World, then I think your have your vacationing priorities wrong to being with.

Pointless thread.

Ethan

:thumbsup2

I'd guess it's a little bit of all of the above but mostly just venting frustration, and where better to vent about Disney than a Disney message board.

Unfortunately there are so many frustrated, worried, nervous, stressed out (pick your term) Disney travelers right now with all the changes that are using the DIS to vent they are causing more people to be frustrated, worried, nervous, and stressed.

It's snowballed to the point people who haven't even experienced any the changes have already allowed it to ruin their future vacations. Ironically of all the trip reports I've read from people that have used the new system I can't think of a single person who said it was so bad they weren't going back.

I'm starting to think it's this one, because otherwise why keep posting the same rants, over and over and over? It's not productive if no one in charge is listening. But maybe they think the Disney execs are reading the Disboards stroking their beards and taking notes. Or just taking notes, since Disney doesn't seem to like beards very much.

Pointless thread.

Ethan

Just because their vacation priorities are different than yours doesn't mean they are wrong. There is no right or wrong.

There are many great places to vacation in the world. If the op feels they want to do something different, more power to them.

I think you left off this one:

• Announcing they refuse to toe the company line like others do

I can sympathize with the OP and feel they have every right to voice their displeasure. They aren't alone in those thoughts, as is becoming quite evident as this experiment/test phase staggers on.

Do you suggest we have a separate sub forum for complainers and pixie dust sniffers? Hell, we can't even get an individual FP+ forum. I think you need to just deal with the fact that if I have to suffer through pink-colored posts about butterfly and rainbow rants praising Disney's fabulousness then you are going to have to read an increasingly frequent post about someone being fed up with it all.

Mad Hattered - ex big time pixie dust sniffer

I think you left off this one:

• Announcing they refuse to toe the company line like others do

I can sympathize with the OP and feel they have every right to voice their displeasure. They aren't alone in those thoughts, as is becoming quite evident as this experiment/test phase staggers on.

Do you suggest we have a separate sub forum for complainers and pixie dust sniffers? Hell, we can't even get an individual FP+ forum. I think you need to just deal with the fact that if I have to suffer through pink-colored posts about butterfly and rainbow rants praising Disney's fabulousness then you are going to have to read an increasingly frequent post about someone being fed up with it all.

Mad Hattered - ex big time pixie dust sniffer

Thank you! Geez, anyone could tell from the thread title what it was about, and if they were going to get their Mickey knickers in a twist over the content, why click on the thread? Just ignore it and go back to mainlining pixie dust.

And we're not complainers.....We are realists who recognize that the changes will not be a good match for us.

Not everyone likes the same things in a vacation. For some, FP+ won't have much effect. For others, like us, it will negatively impact our vacation experience. For some, it will be enough of a depreciation that we look to other vacation spots.

I have loved vacationing at WDW, because it used to offer a vacation that suited us and our needs/desires. The latest changes no longer constitute a good fit for us. That is sad, but we will be fine. As I have said, if we need an amusement park fix, we have Disneyland and Universal. Why do some take that so personally? If someone saying something less than glowing about WDW upsets/bothers you that much, then maybe you are too invested in all things Disney.

Between FP+, not being able to get FP- for at decent times unless there before RD, the changes to GAC/DAS, and the new upcoming ADR CC policy, I really think no more visits to WDW. No longer a vacation. Anybody else feel the same?

NO! :thumbsup2

My DH vowed never to eat another hotdog at Casey's on a wheat bun. For him that was IT...the end...now they have the hard hoagie roll type thing that is worse than the wheat bun in my opinion, but he is happy (or at least that is what we got last year). So we will see how FP+ goes in two days. I will take my MB in pride and wear them with optimism...until I can't open the room door and then whip out the KTTK card and use it...if they give me one...geez...I have been waiting on this vacation for a year and look forward to all of the crowds, smells, melt downs, and lines like always.

DH was pretty upset when he couldn't have a BLACK magic band...who doesn't do a black band? That was weird and after that I noticed the missing purple.

I think the FP+ is going to be a HUGE plus for us. The crowds are growing so you have to expect less ride opportunities. At least FP+ gives me the opportunity to get on my favorite rides. We are breakfast people and we don't like to get up at 6 am when we are on vacation to eat and make rope drop.

What it comes down to is adapt to the changes because the crowds are not going away. Apparently a lot more people have found the disposable income to visit the Happiest Place on Earth. I hope all the whiners stay home so they don't interfere with my Happy Time!

33 days! :yay:

DH was pretty upset when he couldn't have a BLACK magic band...who doesn't do a black band? That was weird and after that I noticed the missing purple.

I have wondered if they're reserving black or some other color for off-site guests only. That would make things a lot easier at EMH...

I completely understand the sentiments of the OP. If you want to eat at your favorite restaurant better make reservations six months ahead and now you need to make reservations for attractions. I think Disney veterans have learned to adapt to changes but I can't imagine trying to explain to people getting ready to make their first trip to the world what they need to do to prepare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter