I'm Crazy!

DentalDana2

Mouseketeer
Ever since we bought our pop up in the fall, I've become obsessed with comparing it (it's 19 yrs old) to newer and shinier models. Imagine that, an obsessed DISer :rotfl2:

I was shopping around for the RV dealership that I felt most comfortable putting an AC unit in for us. Long story short, I convinced DH to let me trade the '94 in for a 2010!!! It's got a lot more features, including a slide out and of course it's shinier and newer :cool1:

I'll post pics when we pick it up, which may not be for a week or two due to schedule issues on my end and dumb Pennsylvania blue laws preventing auto/rv sales on Sundays :confused3

The potty on the new camper is a cassette type, so it will only get used for #1 :crazy2: But, I'm now debating on a full hook up site so that I can shower the boys in the camper and take a PTA bath myself for a mid day freshen up. Is it worth the extra $$$ to be able to shower in the camper?

On a side note, I ran into patients of mine trading in their RV for a smaller one (their older 2 kids have left the nest) while shopping today and they are booked for FW the same week as my family. For some reason that got my WDW longings even stronger!

Yea for you Dana! :dance3:

I've got a 2005 popup with a slide out and casette toilet and built in shower. If you have questions shoot them to me.

WHAT? Blue laws on Sunday in PA? :sad2: In conservative Alabama I can buy beer on Sunday (well, after 12 noon that is :rolleyes:).

We have NEVER used the shower in our popup although it's there if needed (plus an outside shower that we have used to rinse the sand off our feet at the beach). We are state park/Fort campers and I prefer to have the moisture NOT in camper.

At the Fort the nice thing about having a popup is you can choose ANY type of site. Partial-to-Premium all works. You might use the shower but we never have since the Comfort Stations at the Fort are so nice. Me, as DH, took the boys to shower. DW took DD. That's the way THAT went.

So what size/make/model? Did it come with AC? Good for you!

Bama ED

PS - PA people talk about camping at Hersheyland, all over the area.

:jumping1: Congratulations on your new trailer. But be forewarned - moving up the RV ladder is addictive! pixiedust:

Until I get a larger tow vehicle, newer and shinier is about the only rung on the ladder I can make. My Odyssey will be paid off in October of this year :cool1: and I'd like to go ~4yrs with no auto loan payments!

Ed: It's a 2010 Flagstaff 228D with AC and heated mattresses, oooh la la, lol!

DH has a camping destination wish list as long as his arm and we just went to Hershey Park in September. My votes (besides FW) are the Jersey Shore (no Snooki), Bush Gardens VA and some of the local (2hr radius) state parks and rv parks.

The likelihood of needing a sewer hookup is low for a 2 night trip, but for trips down the shore and to FW, I may consider full hook up.

We used to live in Pittsburgh, PA with a popup. A couple of good state parks / campgrounds to check out within 3-4 hours.

Little Pine State Park, PA (if youre into Trout fishing, quiet up in the mountains)
Friendship Village Campground (Bedford, PA...they do popcorn on saturday nights...no clue why but its one of our favorites)
Hagerstown, MD KOA (not to far from Antietam etc.)
Williamsburg, VA KOA
Laurel Hill State Park, PA
Treasure Beach RV Park (Fenwick Island, DE) - great jumping off point for Ocean City MD / Rehobeth / Blue Crab fishing
Niagara Falls, ON KOA (Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake)

Enjoy your new camper!

Until I get a larger tow vehicle, newer and shinier is about the only rung on the ladder I can make. My Odyssey will be paid off in October of this year :cool1: and I'd like to go ~4yrs with no auto loan payments!

Ed: It's a 2010 Flagstaff 228D with AC and heated mattresses, oooh la la, lol!

DH has a camping destination wish list as long as his arm and we just went to Hershey Park in September. My votes (besides FW) are the Jersey Shore (no Snooki), Bush Gardens VA and some of the local (2hr radius) state parks and rv parks.

The likelihood of needing a sewer hookup is low for a 2 night trip, but for trips down the shore and to FW, I may consider full hook up.

For Busch Gardens, let me recommend either Newport News City Campground (water and electric sites only) or American Heritage Campground. Have camped both places. Newport News CG does not have a pool, though, if that's an important consideration for you.

Let me tell you with two kids I swear by our shower in our TT. We travel with a van so it is not huge we have a 19bh, but it is so worth it. There is nothing like having the kids play hard and be sweaty and dirty, then we just through them in quickly, dry them off and put them to bed. It is so nice to just be in our own trailer and go from the shower to bed!! Def worth the extra money for us!

When we had our pop up we only used dull hook up sites mainly just so we wouldn't have to deal with the dump station even though we only used our toilet for #1. I loved the ability to just shower my kids off in the camper as it was easier than lugging everything to the comfort station along with 3 kids under 6.

Also wanted to say we love the Hagerstown Jellystone RV park.

Thanks for the input! We made a last minute swicheroo on the pop up purchase and are going with a 2011 Flagstaff 625D instead of the 2010 228D. It was holding its value better and has more storage as well as a few more finishing touches. I also changed our ressie to a Full site.

Thanks for the input! We made a last minute swicheroo on the pop up purchase and are going with a 2011 Flagstaff 625D instead of the 2010 228D. It was holding its value better and has more storage as well as a few more finishing touches. I also changed our ressie to a Full site.

See!!! Told you moving 'up' was addictive. :rotfl: Way to go! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter