I'm Back! (Autism, GAC, Contemporary...)

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
I just started to post my trip report on the Trip Reports Board "Adventures in Mickey Land." We learned a lot about doing WDW with a 3 year old who also has autism. Can you say GAC!!!! They are a MUST HAVE!!! I would be happy to answer any questions I can.

Glad you had a good trip. I know you were asking about the daybed and bedrails at the CR. What did you end up doing? How was the Contemporary? What room did you have? We will be at the CR at the end of Sept with my DS who is Special Needs. Thanks.

I have been waiting to hear how you did! Just read the start of your trip report. Keep it coming and don't leave anything out.

triplefigs said:
Glad you had a good trip. I know you were asking about the daybed and bedrails at the CR. What did you end up doing? How was the Contemporary? What room did you have? We will be at the CR at the end of Sept with my DS who is Special Needs. Thanks.

The daybed actually worked perfectly for Madelyn, and we were able to use the bedrails. We loved the Contemporary even though we were placed in the North Garden Wing and our room hadn't been refurbished. The location was great though (room 7336, 3rd floor) and we could watch Wishes every night from our room. More about that in my trip report.

I can't wait to read it;we will going down to WDW in Aug-yes the crowds! LOL We have taken our almost 5 yr. old 4 times-but in oct./jan and never knew about the GAC;and also it wasn't a very busy time of year-practically walked onto the rides. So thanks for taking the time to post;Autistic children have a way of taking all our time and then some. Thanks again for sharing. Angel

I am sooo happy you had a good trip! I can't wait for the report, give Madalyn a big huge from us!

I've read what you posted so far and can't wait to read the rest. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Sorry about your beloved pet.

Frankiesmom said:
I can't wait to read it;we will going down to WDW in Aug-yes the crowds! LOL We have taken our almost 5 yr. old 4 times-but in oct./jan and never knew about the GAC;and also it wasn't a very busy time of year-practically walked onto the rides. So thanks for taking the time to post;Autistic children have a way of taking all our time and then some. Thanks again for sharing. Angel

Don't worry too much about the crowds because the GAC will really help you out tremendously! It was Memorial Day week and Gaydays so the parks were packed but it never was a problem. You will have a great time!

tacomaranch said:
I am sooo happy you had a good trip! I can't wait for the report, give Madalyn a big huge from us!

Thank you and I will!!!!

GretchGraham said:
I've read what you posted so far and can't wait to read the rest. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Sorry about your beloved pet.

Thank you, it was very sad but everyday I feel a little bit better. She was a great dog and will be missed very much.

How did you and your daughter like Contemporary? My 7 year old ds is autistic and it is one of our hotel choices.

She loved it! I think she could of sat and watched the monorail for hours. The room was the perfect size too with plenty of room for her to play and feel comfortable in. She like the pool, the play ground, the sand beach.....

Michelle, I've been enjoying your trip report. I have to tell you, Madelyn is beautiful. She looks just like a doll.

I'm sooo happy to hear that GAC worked for you!! My son has an autism spectrum disorder as well as other disablities all "HIDDEN" disabilities. We had a hard time last time we were there with CM's questioning whether or not he needed to sit with us etc...he's older and his disability is NOT apparent from looking at him. Thank goodness you had NO problems!! :cool1: We got several rude comments and looks last time soo I guess this has changed!

I had heard that Disney had started to inform ALL cast members about hidden disabilities after some issues with this in the past but, I'd not heard from anyone who has been there since and dealt with it! HOORAY!!

And yes, your wee one is a cutie patootie!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter