I'm back and it's sad...8/15-8/23

DisneyCAL

DIS Veteran
Just got home from a 8 day trip (really 7 since flight was 9am) at BCV. We had a wonderful although unexpected at times vacation. I will be posting a trip report when I get around to it but for the meantime, a quick reporting.

Transportation: The MDE bus to and from MCO was by far the easiest ride I've had, with not wait in line and only two stops, we got to BCV in under an hour and to the airport in 35. We only took the bus to MK a couple times and the post wait times at bus stop was accurate. The wait was a bit long for MK to BC bus and I was afraid we wouldn't all fit and would have to wait for another but they made it work! If you are staying at a resort (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness and as of this past Monday, AKL), you can upload Lyft and link the minnie van service at Bell Service in those respective resorts and use them throughout your stay from and to anywhere on property. I think we did it like 10 times and it was wonderful, especially to a water park. Monorails are sucking, limited numbers and some without a/c, and the resort line is so slow now.

Resort: Absolutely loved BCV. Our one bedroom villa was just right. Love the smell of the lobby and SAB can't be beat. Would stay again for sure if possible. Love the greeter Monty Ray who paid it forward with pixie dust allowing my daughter to experience Space Mtn. for the first time. I paid it back handing him anytime passes for Turtle Talk and unopened cans of sunscreen to give away.

CM's: Most were pleasant. Had several that were outstanding and contacted disney guest services to say so. Some were crabby but think most of the crabby ones I came across were at the hottest most crowded parts of the day.

Weather: brutally hot but we expected that. We went through 3 (24 count) flats of bottled waters plus several at the parks. For being August I was expecting more rain and storms but we only took out our umbrellas or ponchos twice and not for very long. It was definitely a week for swimming.

Crowds: Busy but then again our last trip was crowd levels 2-4 and this is August so...... One thing I have to say is I officially hate the afternoon parade at MK. Holy crap why can't they open the damn backstage sidewalk thing during this time. And why can't people with scooters move single file, argh. The bottle neck crowd this thing creates is rediculous.

Rides: Noticed this time a lot of long FP lines. Don't know if the CM's need to work on it better or if it was too many given for time frame or so many down rides that anytime passes caused backups. Space Mtn. FP was out to where the monorail goes over and 7DMT was up to where you swipe in. At least there were some rides you could do stand by on in between FP rides. Splash does need the refurb, 1st ride on it the music was off on the inside portion which was creepy.

Favorites: Soarin, Biergarten, Cape May Cafe dinner, Ohana's, FEA, British Revolution, Japan Kawaii, swimming and lazy river at SAB.

I will post a full trip report over time. Any questions, I'd be glad to answer.

If you are staying at a resort (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness and as of this past Monday, AKL), you can upload Lyft and link the minnie van service at Bell Service in those respective resorts and use them throughout your stay from and to anywhere on property.

Do you mean that those are the only resorts where you can use the Minnie Van service? And what do you mean by "link the service at Bell Service"? I thought that I just used Lyft like I always do, but hail a Minnie van.

ETA never mind I just read this site: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/review-minnie-vans-transportation-service-launches-lyft-walt-disney-world/ which explained everything. Still not sure though why the Bell Services would have to "activate" it for you.

Do you mean that those are the only resorts where you can use the Minnie Van service? And what do you mean by "link the service at Bell Service"? I thought that I just used Lyft like I always do, but hail a Minnie van.

ETA never mind I just read this site: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/review-minnie-vans-transportation-service-launches-lyft-walt-disney-world/ which explained everything. Still not sure though why the Bell Services would have to "activate" it for you.
It activates it in a way, because it's a service only for those staying at the resorts right now, they're planning on branching out over time. Bell service at each resort within the minnie van service or even front desk takes your number and enters it in their app then you open your app and the minnie van service pops up as an option. Once thats done you can use it anytime for the rest of your vacation to and from anywhere on property.

Glad you had such a great trip!
We love BCV too. Our last BCV trip was July 1-9. We too, expected rainstorms, and I came prepared with 20 disposable ponchos. Well, the ONLY time throughout our entire trip that used ponchos was on Splash Mt. & Kali River. We managed to avoid all showers.
I look forward to your trip report coming later!

After a few years of planning and bringing 12 people to experience DAK at night. The hours are so limited that I wish I would have known last November. I would have cancelled the trip. Increased attendance in October and shorter park hours = less of a good park attendance. Plus the loss of EMH evenings is really tough.

After a few years of planning and bringing 12 people to experience DAK at night. The hours are so limited that I wish I would have known last November. I would have cancelled the trip. Increased attendance in October and shorter park hours = less of a good park attendance. Plus the loss of EMH evenings is really tough.
I actually avoided AK this trip. Said in my mind that I would visit when things settle down. From what I've heard during my trip from other folks, if you have a FP for one ride and one for the other another day, it's not that bad right now for experiencing Pandora, doable. But I have heard that Journey isn't all that great and not much of a plot so I would focus on getting FP for FOP and to maybe do it a couple times with a shorter range of time spent there rather than a full day. That way you don't exhaust yourself with it and can come away enjoying it. Hope the info helps. And best wishes on your upcoming trip at least it shouldn't be 105 degrees with crowds.

I actually avoided AK this trip. Said in my mind that I would visit when things settle down. From what I've heard during my trip from other folks, if you have a FP for one ride and one for the other another day, it's not that bad right now for experiencing Pandora, doable. But I have heard that Journey isn't all that great and not much of a plot so I would focus on getting FP for FOP and to maybe do it a couple times with a shorter range of time spent there rather than a full day. That way you don't exhaust yourself with it and can come away enjoying it. Hope the info helps. And best wishes on your upcoming trip at least it shouldn't be 105 degrees with crowds.

That's a nice reply.
In our case we are only going to spend time at DAK in the evening. Disney has been advertising how cool it was going to be at night. So with the park closing at 7:00, we are not going to experience what we paid for and what was advertised.
So we are sad.
I snuck down the first of June by myself. Animal Kingdom is gorgeous at night. Pandora is stunning after dark. And the Flight of Passage is truly fantastic. We were very excited. At 60+4 some of group could not even get a FoP Fastpass for the duration of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter