I'm BAACK!! Moms dream vacation a success! Trippie is COMPLETE tons of pics... 1/21

I just saw that another part of your report might be coming up soon.

Can't wait to see some more great pics:cool1:

Hope you enjoy the new updates! :)

Great update DisneyGirl!!! Glad you and Sarah had a good time. Looks likeyou were all enjoying the food there, sorry your meal at Mama Melrose wasn't so hot, what a shame. It was nice of your waiter tho to get as much free stuff as possible so Sarah didn't have to buy much.

Will be waiting for your next update!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Mom!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your fam too! :) Thank you!

What a Great Trip Report! I'm really enjoying it!!:thumbsup2

I love the picture of you as a little Girl at WDW in 1983--So Cute!!

Epcot has also grown on our Family--I think because my DS is Getting
older and he's getting more out of it.

We also got totally soaked on SM in the middle of the Day
and took quite awhile to dry because of the Humidity--we were there
in mid Sept.

All your food looked good!!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip--it's so nice that you could go with your Mom!!

I will be checking back for more updates!! popcorn:: Thanks

Thanks SGMCO!! I've now learned not to assume that you won't get wet on Splash Mountain! Ugh! :confused3

Nice report and pictures.

Thanks byoung!

I am so subscribing! I just read this entire thing at work and loved it, your pics are great!!

Glad you made it over here GusT! Enjoy! :woohoo:

Subscribing! Great trip report and wonderful food pics. I love reading through trip reports with all sorts of pictures to show what the food looks like, rather than descriptions. Giving us lots of ideas for our March trip! :thumbsup2

I've always loved food pics too and I LOOVEEE reading food reports! haha! Hope you have a great trip in March!

OOOOHHH, I just LOVE Off Kilter! :love: Any time I see a man in a kilt, I just melt!:lmao: I am going to Scotland next summer (I've only dreamed of this trip for 25 years!!!) and I'm gonna be in HEAVEN! Little ole me, surrounded by men in kilts? I may not be held responsible for my behavior!! Tee hee!! Oh, but wait, I'm going with MOM AND DAD!!(and DSis), so I will have to behave. Bummer!

LOVE:love: the updates. I love the pics of you and Sarahe specially the ones of ya'll being goofy. You can see ya'll are great friends and then for your Mom to get in on the act!! No wonder you wanted to go on this trip with her!!:goodvibes
Oh yeah and I wanted to say I'm so glad you gave that Donkey a drink. It would've been horrible to just have let him get dehydrated!!!!!:rotfl:

Loved your Epcot update! great pics too. BTW there is a phone booth upstairs in Canada too. Looks like you had a blast in WS. Waiting for the rest popcorn:: of your Epcot day.

Wow, I might actually finish a whole day's trip report in under 24 hours? Impressive!

So I left off with dinner at Teppan Edo.... Sadly I also didn't take TOO many photos of the food because it kept coming out as we were already eating (like most hibachi places!) and I was STARVING! hehehe...

For appetizers we started off with the vegetable croquettes and the garden salad with ginger dressing...

it came in this cute little package...

2110900742_c8b41a19ba.jpg

2110122617_51df8f8d34.jpg

My fathers good friend owns a great Japanese restaurant in our area and we always get these too. We both reallllly liked them! It's almost a mashed potato consistency with corn, peas, and I think carrots inside? The sauce definitely is yummy too!

2110900682_37487145fb.jpg

The salad was HUGE and yummy! None of that salad in a tiny little bowl with only iceberg lettuce. The dressing was delicious.. but I also love ANYTHING with ginger in it. haha!

The whole time during dinner we were talking with the people at our table as well. It was a couple from Oregon and one of their best friends, who's husband was flying in that night to finish off the vacation. The couple had just bought a summer house down here and were finishing up decorating. They were the nicest trio! It helped make the dinner go by so quickly!

Here's where the photos stop...sorry guys!!

I had the filet mignon and my mother had the shrimp. They each came with white rice, noodles, and vegetables. It was asked if we can get fried rice, and they don't serve it at all. Someone else mentioned that it's probably because fried rice is a Chinese dish? I don't usually eat fried rice so it didn't bother me!

Our chef was great! For the first time ever, we had a female chef. We actually saw a few of them around the restaurant. She cooked everything perfectly and made sure that we all wanted the ingredients she was putting in. There was no fire volcano though like at most hibachi place so I'm not sure if they aren't allowed to do it here (we didn't see it at all from any chef) or if the chefs just aren't that trained yet? haha! She did do all of the other normal tricks though and was entertaining! There was a slight language barrier when we tried to have a 'normal' conversation with her but when we talked about the food she didn't have a problem at all. We were trying to find out how long the training is to become a chef and we THINK it's a few months! haha!

We did get a little Mt. Fuji though..

2110900874_c5c9d81055.jpg

The food itself was very tasty. My steak was cooked perfectly and was nicely seasoned. My mom enjoyed her shrimp too. I wouldn't go as far as to say this was the best hibachi place I've ever eaten at, but I will say I think it's better than the original one that used to be here.

For dessert I honestly couldn't eat ANYTHING so my mom ordered I think chocolate ice cream (i'm mad I didn't take pics b/c now I can't remember!) and I offered my dessert up to the trio we were sitting with. As long as I promised to try some, they said they wanted to try the chocolate ginger cake. I tried a few bites but couldn't really taste the ginger? It was ok but nothing I needed to finish!

Both of our groups had bought the dinner package with the Candelight Processional so when the bills came, the hostess also brought over our passes/stickers for entry and explained how they worked. We finished paying and eating, said goodbye to our new friends, and headed back outside. We definitely enjoyed Teppan Edo and would definitely eat here again. For people that are turned off by the no fried rice thing, I honestly think that if more people complain about it, they will eventually put it on the menu. I think they probably also didn't have it on there yet since all of the chefs are new and it's just one more thing for them to have to do all at once.

After heading out, we headed over to the theatre to check out the line. We were an hour and a half early but there was already a line forming for reserved seats! GEEZ! I called Sarah and Holly and they were also in the area so we met up for some hot chocolate from the gingerbread house! It's the same gingerbread house that we saw the day before at Epcot... I honestly dont think I noticed that there was someone in it?

2110961144_778b2b81ce.jpg

Sarah and Holly were still iffy if they were going to wait in the standby line for the Candelight Processional so we said goodnight and mom and I headed on line. We waited for a good 30 mins and then they opened up the theatre and we all started piling in.

The reader for our show was Monique Coleman, from High School Musical. I HONESTLY have NEVER seen her or heard of her but she was good! The music was amazing! Here's a few pics...

2110123515_5fb9015ca9.jpg

2110123629_104c253ec5.jpg

2110901724_ee39c3a28d.jpg

I would SO hate to be that poor guy as the star! haha!

2110123977_a94e6bd111.jpg

We were both tired after the show though so didn't stay for Illuminations. I wish we did!! Snapped a few pics on the way out though!

2110124085_96391c1081.jpg

2110124397_98eabcd51c.jpg

On tomorrow's agenda? Animal Kingdom! :)

Wow....3 update!!

You rock:cool1:

Your pics are amazing.....

I love all of the pics of you and your friends and your mom trying on hats.

Drinking around the world looks like fun.:cool1:

I loved all the pics at Character connection. I have never done that and love the backgrounds. That is a must do for next time:thumbsup2

You can tell that you and your mom are having such a great time....

Keep it coming:thumbsup2

Hi disneygirlinnj! Just came back from your home state - visiting family for the holidays in Upper Saddle River. Catching up on your trip report - once again, great pixs!:thumbsup2 I am missing WDW sooooo much!

Loved your Epcot shots - it's our favorite park! And drinking around the world is a must! So funny - your comment about buying those big hats from the various countries! We say the same thing - always see people trying them on for pix; but never buying them!:lmao: And, btw, I just got a bottle of Laila for Christmas from my daughters - they bought it for me when we were there in Nov. - I tried it a few years ago and love the scent. I make sure to pick up a new bottle every year - was nice to have my girls surprise me with it this year! (even though I've been told I can find it at Nordstrom's also, I never do. It's one of the few "souvenirs" I allow myself to purchase for myself! Besides, I think it smells prettier knowing I got it from Disney!:) )

So I had written half of this and then my computer decided to be an idiot and I had to restart before being able to save it! Boo! It was a few days ago and I just hadn't been motivated to start all over again until now! BLAH! I'm in the mood to type so lets hope I can through the whole day at Animal Kingdom today!

So the morning started out the same as always...woke up, got ready quickly, and headed to breakfast around 8am for no lines in the caf. Yayyyy!! A few days ago I had tried the breakfast wrap but I think I was so hungry and it was so good, there were no pictures taken. So here it is today!

2111638970_68f1cae238.jpg

My mom I'm sure had the waffle with topping like she did every morning too. We were meeting up with Sarah again and she had suggested actually picking us up from Pop herself and drive us to AK so we didn't have to take the bus, which was awesome! Now I don't know if renting a car would be worth the extra money for us, but I can now see why people do it. It's SO much faster.

Heading out to the entrance to meet up with Sarah, we snapped some shots in the store..

2111639070_5b08f60cc0.jpg

Sarah was already outside waiting so we jumped in and we were off! We quickly parked in the front but since we didn't realize how close we were to the entrance we took the tram that was waiting for the extra like 100 yards.

The tree was pretty cool, there were animal ornaments all over it! Very cute!

2110860767_1e98cb96eb.jpg

2110860901_ef9c254d1a.jpg

We quickly got into the park and grabbed a few maps (none of us go to AK too often so we needed some kind of guidance!) and headed towards Kilamanjaro Safaris to try beating the rush. We did kind of take our time though and saw some cool things.

We started walking through the Oasis (I think) and saw some beautiful birds that were just being brought out for the day..

2111639486_e6d930ce3b.jpg

As we headed further towards Africa, we ran into Tuk (is that his name?!)..

2111639568_d00d21d1b8.jpg

and then we ran into an African Prince!

2112943336_4c61e65e1d.jpg

oh...and then there's always Baloo and Louie..hehehe

2111639834_6a0fcd9f9a.jpg

We got to the entrance of Kilamanjaro Safari and it was a zoo! I looked around and realized... MOUSEMEET!!!! Funny...I'm actually catching up on podcasts right now and they're talking about the Safari meet right now. There must have been around 100 people there already (I heard over 200 showed up) so we quickly jumped on line to miss the rush. We saw Deb Wills from allears talking to a few people so I didn't want to interrupt and say hello and that her site pretty much planned most of our trip! ha!

The safari was really cool! Sarah and I definitely went a little picture crazy so here's some of the highlights...

2111640082_86d216088b.jpg

2111640372_152aec047d.jpg

2110862267_164592920f.jpg

2110862521_1fa5812d5b.jpg

2111641186_7f850cd1d9.jpg

2110862907_1b8aa3b944.jpg

After the safari was over we headed to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail just to walk around and wander and see what we can find. Meerkats!!

2111641950_46b0cefaf3.jpg

and these cool guys..

2111642052_86970da4d5.jpg

We headed over by the gorillas where I wish I could have had more time to watch and take pictures but there were way too many people and a few annoying ones for that matter so we snapped a few shots and kept on going..

2111642218_d278b428cc.jpg

Next stop was Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station where we ran into a few 'people' we recognized..

2111642428_d014e5af25.jpg

2111763986_8f1d635da4.jpg

2111764376_dab080eaf0.jpg

I had read that on the mural of animals there are a TON of hidden mickeys so we took a few mins to find some...can you see them in the pic?

2110864065_3c7d6ecb79.jpg

2110864119_69a9b93f35.jpg

we headed over to the petting zoo part and spent a few mins saying hi to some of the animals although half of them didn't seem interested at all. lol. They were still cute though!

2111642844_e2e2260ba0.jpg

Waiting for the train back to civilization, I took out the map to plan out the rest of the day.. lol

2110986599_dc6dc64e6b.jpg

Cute ladybug lightposts!

2110864469_0110046a99.jpg

k...ran out of picture room! Part 2 coming up!

ooooh! I found some hidden Mickeys in your pictures! Cool!

That breakfast wrap looks really good. Makes me hungry!

Ok - what kind of camera are you using? Your pix on the safari are AWESOME! I've never gotten such close up shots of the animals before!

Can't wait to read more!

ok...so I'm back!

We started to get a little hungry so we were at first going to split up and get bbq and pizza and then meet up but then all just decided to eat at Pizzafari since it was easier.

I had the Hot Italian Sub...which was decent. I had to get rid of the ceasar salad on it though b/c hot lettuce just isn't appealing to me. Bleh!

2110864765_4931e2acba.jpg

Mommy had the pizza which she said was good.. typical Disney/Dominoes pizza...

2110865095_5394cd9373.jpg

And we also got a side order of breadsticks which were decent too..

2111643888_5714049cce.jpg

I think Sarah had breadsticks and a ceasar salad which she said didn't really taste like anything. I guess it's the same ceasar salad around all the parks because I had the same problem in Epcot!

We decided to head over to Expedition Everest and I think get fast passes and then also see if we can get reservations for Yak and Yeti for an early dinner. At the time, they were only taking walk up reservations and not phone reservations through dining.

On the way though how could you NOT stop for some of these photo ops?!

2110865337_919d77f04a.jpg

2110865423_690792b1bb.jpg

shot of the Tree of Life..

2111644112_bf9f68f50b.jpg

heading into Asia..

2110865783_afc8612eb1.jpg

We got to Yak and Yeti and for some reason I really don't think some people understand the concept of a line! Now I know in Europe and other countries lines are sometimes not upheld...but when I was on line to make a reservation, an American lady definitely walked up to the front of the line, ignoring the 10 people already waiting and told the hostess that she wanted to make a reservation. Myself and the lady behind me 'politely' told her that we were all trying to make reservations so hmm...get to the back of the line. hahaha..she looked at us like we had 10 heads and glumly walked back there. I just thought it was funny! The host at the counter was very nice and friendly and quickly took our name down for a 4:30 dinner reservation.

After a little chuckle over all that, we continued our journey through Asia...

2111765034_6551291f1a.jpg

2110865967_451876a721.jpg

the monkeys were feeling playful, especially the baby, so we stopped to watch them for a few minutes..

2110866119_cf4f5dcb3f.jpg

2111644780_8775b7550a.jpg

Somewhere in here (my brain is getting fuzzzzy!), we went to Everest to get fast passes and somehow got 4 of them (2 each) for around the same time...score!!!

Off to the Mahajaraja Jungle Trek which was really cool!

Kimodo Dragon..

2110866487_9781dc2dbc.jpg

Sarah was our trusty tour guide throughout the walk and read off the information from the guides you can pick up at the beginning of the trail.

When we got to the bats I really think we were mesmerized. I've seen bats before but these things were the biggest/cutest/ugliest things ever! We watched for awhile and saw two bats start fighting upside down for some prime real estate. And then they were munching on watermelon!

2111645264_af2c71a653.jpg

2111645340_31d9418b4a.jpg

2111645518_b4fab8bc92.jpg

Next on the tour was the tigers. There were 3 of them that I could see from our standing spot. 2 were passed out relaxing in the sun while the other one just kept pacing back and forth in front of the window. He was either bored or irritated and wanted to get out.. lol..

2111646008_6e26ce11dc.jpg

2111646404_85c393bbb6.jpg

2110867903_daf39e2bc5.jpg

We headed back towards the tree of life after that to see a Bugs Life...so cute!

This cute guy was in the tree...

2111647108_2d65e557e4.jpg

2110868501_63ef98537f.jpg

and we were a little buggy...

2111765574_1b6d8d9302.jpg

2111647748_8657e5db7a.jpg

the show was cute, minus the crazy cast member who yelled at me for taking a pic of the guy two pics up...with NO flash. Honestly? Was there an announcement for NO photography at all? I thought it was always no flash. I dont get it. Oh well. :)

OK...time to take a break! The rest of the AK day and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party next!

Great AK Pics!!!!

You are amazing photographer.....:thumbsup2

I love your character pics, especially Jimminity Crickey...He is so cool:thumbsup2

I love the one close up of that Tiger...It is like you are almost touching him, scary:scared1:

I loved your photo op pics..too cute

Way to speak your mind to the lady at Yak and Yeti...You can tell you are from Jersey, like myself, we don't take you know what from anyone....You go girl:thumbsup2

As everyone has mentioned your pics are really great. And I love the clarity of your camera. I too would like to know what kind it is, my pics just don't seem that clear.

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to your next installment!

Your pictures are FANTASTIC! I'm another one whos interested in what kind of camera you have. I'm loving the report looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Ok - what kind of camera are you using? Your pix on the safari are AWESOME! I've never gotten such close up shots of the animals before!

Can't wait to read more!

Great AK Pics!!!!

You are amazing photographer.....:thumbsup2

I love your character pics, especially Jimminity Crickey...He is so cool:thumbsup2

I love the one close up of that Tiger...It is like you are almost touching him, scary:scared1:

I loved your photo op pics..too cute

Way to speak your mind to the lady at Yak and Yeti...You can tell you are from Jersey, like myself, we don't take you know what from anyone....You go girl:thumbsup2

As everyone has mentioned your pics are really great. And I love the clarity of your camera. I too would like to know what kind it is, my pics just don't seem that clear.

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to your next installment!

Great photos of the tiger. :) :)

Your pictures are FANTASTIC! I'm another one whos interested in what kind of camera you have. I'm loving the report looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! :) I was using an Olympus E-300, one of those big digital cameras that I borrowed from my father. With it were two pretty awesome changeable lenses, which I don't remember the details on them though! :( I used the big mondo lens at AK, which zoomed in some rediculous amount :)

And I'm SOOOO far behind reading everyone's trip reports! EEEKK!! I'll catch up as soon as I can!

I am trying to catch up and read it all. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the animals. I love my big digi and can't wait to use my new zoom lens for the safari.

Can't wait to hear about Yak and Yeti. We are debating on going there for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter