• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm a little confused about how the roommate thing works...

roriedee

Trying to Earn My Ears
I thought you couldn't choose a roommate, that they just put you with someone close in line - if that's so, then why even do the roommate surveys?

I mean, I understand meeting up and standing near them in line, but that's not always going to work out is it?

I'm just confused and trying to understand how the process works. We've got a group of five so far and I'm just like...I don't think it works that way, girls.:confused3

A lot of people do roo to find their roommate. You can pre-match with someone on the CP website, either by having them match you randomly with someone or you can enter the person's info for who you want to be roommates with. You can only roommate match one person, so for a group, have each set of roommates match each other in the CP system to be sure that you get the roommate you want, then on check in day, the group of you have to be in line together. When you get to the housing assignments, tell them that you are all interested in living together. They'll have one person get the assignment while everyone else stands off to the side. After they assign you an apartment, the group can meet back up to finish checking in.

You can definitely prematch and then just make sure you and your roommates/suitemates line up together.

There's a CP website? How do I get there? (It's probably such a duh, I'm gonna kick myself, but yeah)

Alrighty! Thanks guys!

If any of you have done the program before, do you recommend fewer or more roomies? I commute to school, so I've never had a roommate before!

That depends on a lot of stuff. The more roomies you have, the more potential for drama but cheaper rent. I'm an anti-drama magnet and already have a huge family, so I'm going for as many roomies as possible so I feel at home. If you're used to less people in the house and don't like/can't handle a lot of drama, less roommates will make things easier for you.

That depends on a lot of stuff. The more roomies you have, the more potential for drama but cheaper rent. I'm an anti-drama magnet and already have a huge family, so I'm going for as many roomies as possible so I feel at home. If you're used to less people in the house and don't like/can't handle a lot of drama, less roommates will make things easier for you.

Well, I'd rather have cheaper rent, honestly. I can always go sit somewhere outside if drama starts. Plus, I'm sure I'll be a bit homesick, so it'll be nice to have more people around.

Well, maybe if we get there the same day we can room together ^_^ seems we'd get along.

Well, maybe if we get there the same day we can room together ^_^ seems we'd get along.

Well, I'm not even in yet, just trying to get everything figured out. And you're over 21 aren't you? At least, I thought that was your survey I saw. :confused3

I've just only turned 20, so I'd be wellness.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. And yeah, I am 21, but I don't have to live in non-wellness. If I end up wanting a drink or wanting to cook something with alcohol, I'll make friends with someone in non-wellness, hide my booze stash there and do any alcohol cooking there. Then bring it back to the room, of course.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. And yeah, I am 21, but I don't have to live in non-wellness. If I end up wanting a drink or wanting to cook something with alcohol, I'll make friends with someone in non-wellness, hide my booze stash there and do any alcohol cooking there. Then bring it back to the room, of course.

Well, if I get in, I have a possible roomie lined up, but she had a roomie lined up before me that's already in the program and looking for an extension. If she gets the extension and gets a new room assignment, then I'll be out of a roomie (if I get in!) So, I'd be more than happy to room with you. Of course, as I said above, I'm in a group of about 5 that are all hoping to be suitemates. We're all those nerdy kids that are into Harry Potter and Doctor Who, so you'd probably go crazy if you weren't into it or willing to convert! xD

I NEED TO ROOM WITH YOU GUYS! :D Doctor Who is amazing, as is Harry Potter (haven't read the books though >.>;;; ) My family makes geeks look normal, so yeah, it would be perfect.

Are you guys into anime as well?

I NEED TO ROOM WITH YOU GUYS! :D Doctor Who is amazing, as is Harry Potter (haven't read the books though >.>;;; ) My family makes geeks look normal, so yeah, it would be perfect.

Are you guys into anime as well?

COME TO MOMMA.

OH, GOD, YOU NEED TO BE IN THIS GROUP OF GIRLS THAT IS TRYING TO ROOM TOGETHER.

No worries, I'll bring my Harry Potter books for you to read ;)

Yay! I tried reading them, but my mom's collection was missing half of one of the books (can't remember which) so I just stopped at that book.

Oh! Do you think the group would be cool with aiming for a 4 bedroom? The rent is cheaper and the kitchen is bigger :D and I have a friend who is also hoping to be accepted who is under 21.

Yay! I tried reading them, but my mom's collection was missing half of one of the books (can't remember which) so I just stopped at that book.

Oh! Do you think the group would be cool with aiming for a 4 bedroom? The rent is cheaper and the kitchen is bigger :D and I have a friend who is also hoping to be accepted who is under 21.

Well, before we go any further, I should tell you that there's 4 total right now (I thought it was 5, but she's going non-wellness) and I'm the only one not accepted. They've all gotten in for Spring Advantage and are checking in on the 18th.

Ooooooh. Aww. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna do advantage. It just seems like too long away from home the first time.

Either way! We're gonna need to hang out! Hopefully we at least get into the same complex ^_^

Ooooooh. Aww. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna do advantage. It just seems like too long away from home the first time.

Either way! We're gonna need to hang out! Hopefully we at least get into the same complex ^_^

That would be awesome, too! If I end up getting accepted, I'll find you around here somewhere and we'll discuss! If you end up going advantage, let me know!

A lot of people do roo to find their roommate. You can pre-match with someone on the CP website, either by having them match you randomly with someone or you can enter the person's info for who you want to be roommates with. You can only roommate match one person, so for a group, have each set of roommates match each other in the CP system to be sure that you get the roommate you want, then on check in day, the group of you have to be in line together. When you get to the housing assignments, tell them that you are all interested in living together. They'll have one person get the assignment while everyone else stands off to the side. After they assign you an apartment, the group can meet back up to finish checking in.

Where on the website can we do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter