Illuminations view from Boardwalk

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Disbound, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Disbound

Disbound Mouseketeer

we have reserved a Boardwalk View room for our next trip. Is it possible to see Illuminations from the room's balcony if we are on an upper floor?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Are you talking a BW view villa? We had a second-floor BW view villa and we could see the higher fireworks from Illuminations. Our favorite spot to watch the fireworks from the resort was on the benches outside Jellyrolls, I think it had a better view than the bridge between BW and Epcot.

4. TBdisneyMC

TBdisneyMC Mouseketeer

I don't believe so. With a boardwalk view, the only rooms with a chance would be on the Villa side (I think, based on maps). We were in a standard view room, looking into the courtyard, facing Epcot (we could see the Eiffel Tower.) We could only see the higher fireworks and we were on one of the higher floors.

5. Disbound

Disbound Mouseketeer

Yes we booked a Villa.

6. Yellosno

Yellosno DIS Veteran

I was wondering this myself as I have a villa booked in August!

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

did not know this - thanks?

have watched wishes from the bench kinda of near the boats - the fireworks are between YC and BC - really a little closer to BC.

to the OP - yes you should be able to see them. once you are in your room - look outside if you can see Spaceship earth (it is pretty big) then you should be able to see the fireworks

8. J&J

J&J DIS Veteran

No a lot of rooms no. Bwv only the preferred boardwalk view an you see the fireworks. You must asked fr this when booking or call and ask.

9. ksu93

ksu93 Earning My Ears

We've stayed at BW about 22 times both in the villas and in concierge level and only once (at the concierge level) was I ever able to even catch a glimpse of the fireworks. At BW you can't even see the fireworks from the boardwalk! (except way down at jellyrolls). So much of Illuminations needs to be seen from up close that we usually make the short stroll over to world show case to see it. Usually from a patio table at The Rose And Crown!

10. Disbound

Disbound Mouseketeer

I am unclear as to which end of boardwalk the villas are on. Facing the building, are the villas on the left end?

11. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

If you are on the boardwalk facing the building, the inn is on the left and is all white, the villas are on the right and are various colors.

Inn:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/46492/title/boarwalk-resort-056/cat/990

Villas:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/46468/title/boarwalk-resort-0321/cat/990

You can see the fireworks from most boardwalk view villas and some standard view facing the driveway. I'm not sure about the inn, some in the courtyard area might have a glimpse.

On this map, the inn is on the right and the villas on the left:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

12. Disbound

Disbound Mouseketeer

Got it now! Thankyou!

13. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

The easiest way to remember is that the Inn is White and the Villas are colors.