IllumiNations from CBR?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by NicPie, Jan 29, 2013.

1. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

I saw on the CBR FB page that they were talking about watching from the resort. Has anyone here tried it, and if so, how much do you actually see? Is it better just to go to Epcot if it is our first time watching the show?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Bilierka

Bilierka Mouseketeer

I think you can hear it more then actually see it, some smoke maybe, don't count on a very good view.

4. Keith

Keith Mouseketeer

You can see some of the fireworks, but if it's your first time, you really need to be at Epcot. Much better in the park.

5. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

All you'll see of Illuminations from CBR is a few stray fireworks. ;)

The show takes place on the lagoon inside Epcot, and consists of video, laser, fire and water effects that can't be seen outside the park. There are a couple of minute of fireworks at the beginning and end of the show, and only the highest can be seen from CBR.

So yes, you should definitely go to Epcot if you haven't seen the show. :)

6. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

You won't see much, definitely not the IllumiNations experience. If you want to see Illuminations- you must be IN Epcot...but...if you happen to be out for a late evening swim in the CBR pool, those fireworks you do see are pure magic! (actually, a decent number make it over the trees)

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Illuminations is definitely something you NEED to see up close and personal to fully enjoy it.

Having said that, yes, you can definitely see the higher fireworks from CBR. The best spots are the beaches of Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and the bridge. We had no idea during our first stay until we could hear them while in the pool and headed over to the beach!

8. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

Thank you guys!! Great info. We'll def go watch from Epcot.

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Yes, much better from Epcot since most of the action is in the lagoon. But, we could the higher fireworks perfectly from outside our door in One of the Barbados buildings. Cool, unexpected surprise! :goodvibes

10. ptsst7

ptsst7 Earning My Ears

While walking back from the Aruba bus stop through the parking lot we were able to see some of the higher fireworks over the trees. I wouldn't plan your evening around it, but if you are in your room and hear them, kinda cool to check it out. Of course not nearly as cool as being in Epcot