Illuminations Dessert Party location and menu suggestions?

Disneygirl822

Earning My Ears
My dreams of getting married at Disney were dashed when I told my mom about it after getting engaged (family is too big and too important to us to be able to make it work). To make up for it she is paying for a dessert party during our family reunion in June 2016! I was wondering if anyone had any feedback about the Illuminations dessert party locations (13-18 people)? Disney Catered Events offered us Rue de Paris but I want to make sure the view of the fireworks is worth it before I book. Also, any suggestions of things to include in the spread (savory or sweet)? I don't like the menus they gave us so I will be customizing. I already know I want the butterfinger cupcakes!

www.disneytravelbabble.com

This site has pictures of the fireworks views from all the World Showcase venues.

We are having 11 people for our dessert party and chose Vikings Landing. We customized a menu and are having: milk chocolate fondue with fruit, cake pieces, pretzels, and all kinds of stuff to dip in it, warm berry cobbler, vanilla ice cream, key lime tarts, white and dark chocolate eclairs, caramel ganache bars with sea salt, and petite canolis for $35 per person.

We are doing a soft drink bar which will be bill on consumption rather than a package and are bringing in some of our own alcohol from local places we like.

Hope this helps.

See if you can get Italy Isola West or UK Lochside. The former may be unavailable if Epcot is having a concert series while you're there, and both of them technically require 20 people. But sometimes you can still get them with fewer people, especially if you can wait til closer to your date for confirmation.

we did terrace de fluer for a dessert party after our wedding. We had 2 action stations which means that there was someone preparing food. we did one that was liquid nitrogen ice cream, which WAS AWESOME!!!!! All my guests are still talking about it. The second was crepes and we had both sweet and savory. We had about 50 people. In addition to our 2 action stations we had an assorted table of desserts but I personally did not eat any.

We had the Glazed Almonds (in the cones) from Hollywood Studios brought in for our Epcot dessert party. They were a hit! :) $6.50 each and well worth it. Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter