Illuminations at Rose and Crown Pub HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Disnee4Me, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Disnee4Me

Disnee4Me Earning My Ears

I have reservations for 7:30 p.m. at the Rose and Crown. Is that time to early for watching Illuminations from the restaurant? I keep trying for a later time, but only have a 5:20 p.m. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

An hour and a half should be fine if you pace yourself. Order an appetizer first and tell your waitstaff that you want to wait a bit to order your entree. Then when you have your appetizer, order your entree. Then after dinner order dessert. Just be sure to tip appropriately for the time you are at your table.

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I agree....just relax (and tip well) ;)

5. deakam

deakam DIS Veteran

They do not guarantee a seat outside nor do they guarantee that if you get a seat outside you can see the fireworks. We were there in February and were seated on the patio but we were on the upper tier and our view was blocked by the canopy.

I think you will be okay but please remember that there are folks that have reservations after you hence...no later reservations are available. We normally spend about an hour at a sit down once seated. Which puts you at 8:30 not 9 pm plus the time for the show. If you choose to linger or slow down the service just to watch Illuminations you will more than likely be throwing someone else off of their reservation time. The call is yours.

6. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

Last summer we had a 7:30 pm ADR. We checked in at 7:30 not earlier. It took 15 minutes for us to be seated. We finished around the start of Illuminations. No problem.

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

R&C is one of the faster restaurants to eat at. Generally it takes about an hour. However, sometimes the wait to be seated can be long.

You can ask to be seated on the patio, but there's no guarantee and you may have to take the first available table. Some of the patio tables don't have a good view of IllumiNations. Or you might be seated indoors in which case let your server know you want to see the fireworks. R&C has a viewing area adjacent to the patio just for their diners so they'll take you there shortly before the fireworks start.

8. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

We had a 7:35 ADR and it took us 20 mins in line just to check in and then another 20 minutes to be seated. We were seated a little after 8 and just finishing our dessert as Illuminations was starting. This is the busiest time of day for them, so I would expect to wait to be seated after you check-in for your ADR.

9. btk2333

btk2333 BCV DVC owner

Personally, I think 730 is the perfect time for an Illuminations table. Last time we were there (December) we had a 730, got there at 720 and told them we wanted to wait for an Illuminations view table, we waited until about 815 and then they seated us with a great view- it was amazing. Hope it works out for you guys!

10. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

We had a 7:30 at RnC. Checked in at 7:30. It took 20 minutes to be seated. We had a perfect view on the lower deck of the patio. One of the first things the server asked was "are you wanting to stay for the fireworks?" Then she realized she could take her time with us. We got our desserts right as it was starting.

Sticky toffee pudding and illuminations?.......uh-ma-zing

11. excited4disney2012

excited4disney2012 Mouseketeer

We did the same thing. Had a 7:30 reservation, when we checked in we asked if we could have an outside Illuminations view. We were immediately seated outside in the upper deck area. Our server was great. We ordered appetizers & drinks before dinner. Then had a nice leisurely dinner with dessert. The view wasn't the best, but still pretty good. We also tipped our server way more than normal that night.

12. LUVMYGSDOG

LUVMYGSDOG Earning My Ears

We have a 6:55pm ADR for January. So far, this is the latest I can get. Since we will probably be through dinner before 9pm, will they allow us to hang out with a beer or two in the viewing area until Illuminations start? If so, then we won't have to worry about requesting a patio table.

Kim

13. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

Last ADR time seems to be 8:00. So, if you're at your table for over an hour, chances are there will be no one waiting for a table by the time you're ready to leave. If this is the case (just watch to see if empty tables are remaining empty), the server will be happy to serve you more beers, and hence increase his 18% ;)

By asking to wait for a patio table, it increases the odds that by the time you're done, there would be no one waiting for a table.

14. LUVMYGSDOG

Makes sense, thanks. We've seen Illimunations a zillion times, but never from Rose and Crown so I'm kinda excited about it!

Kim

15. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

We've seen it a million times too, almost always from the R&C. :thumbsup2:cool1::banana: First ressie I make, even before BOG.

16. mirage0306

mirage0306 DIS Veteran

IIRC, we actually had a 6:55 pm reservation at R&C a couple years ago. We checked in on time but it took a long time to be seated--I think it was about 7:30 before we were seated. We did not request it but we got a great patio seat--perfect view! They were very busy and we did not linger over our food at all, and were still eating dessert when the fireworks started. I think 7:30 should be just fine for you.

17. LUVMYGSDOG

Great, thanks for the info! I can't believe we've never dined at R&C before. Been to the beer cart outside many times though....:goodvibes

Kim