I'll Probably get a lot of flack for this....

dcpfa11

Earning My Ears
But i cant help it, i HAVE to ask. Has anyone ever heard of anyone gettin kicked out for drug use? Particularly marijuana. Now before you guys come with the negative comments, I am in no way a "drugie". Im just a free spirited person that likes to enjoy herself. Of course im not dumb enough to blatantly smoke wherever i want so im really not worried about getting caught. I guess i really wrote this thread to see if i was the only one thinking about using a little Mary Jane while up there. Negativity is not needed so if thats all you have to offer, please press the back arrow now. Thanks! :p

If I were you I wouldn't smoke it while down there. I don't smoke marijuana (nor have I ever), BUT I'm not against it being used. I don't think it's a drug that should be illegal but that's just me (but I am against other drugs like cocaine etc.). However, Disney would obviously take large steps to avoid the use of the drug on their property.

I wouldn't smoke it inside the apartments, especially. The smell will probably stick to a lot of things and when security checks your place you might get kicked out because of it. Even worse, you might be the reason others (who didn't smoke it) get kicked out too. Talk about a guilty feeling!

Although I've never worked down there (yet), it's not a risk I would take since working at Disney would be an amazing experience that I wouldn't want to gamble.

:hippie:

But i cant help it, i HAVE to ask. Has anyone ever heard of anyone gettin kicked out for drug use? Particularly marijuana

Yeah, one of my roommates had gotten terminated for the possession of marijuana. Part of the housing contract stipulates a no tolerance policy for use and/or possession of illicit substances at the housing properties. The housing contract also stipulates apartment inspections at any time for any reason. These aren't common, but the roommate of mine that was terminated had a bowl that had some substance left in it (I guess?) that was left out during an un-announced inspection. Police were called and we all had to report to security that day to fill out statements for Price Management/Disney.

He was terminated the day following the inspection after a mandatory housing meeting (with all four of us) to state what we knew. He had until 11 AM the next day to vacate the property.

Needless to say, I don't recommend the practice on or around the properties. I've seen the results first hand.

I'm pretty sure this is a troll question...obviously you will be kicked out for doing illegal things while on Disney property or at the apartments. I don't think you're seriously wondering about this as its kind of obvious.

First, don't post this if you don't want 'negative' responses.
Being free spirited has nothing to do with drug use. Period.

I knew people down there who smoked marijuana and never got caught.
I also know just as many who got termed for it.

So, if you're going to test it out, be prepared to get sent home.

My friend's roommate got kicked out for smoking it. She didn't do it in the apartment, but she did get caught.

We had another guy in my workplace who smoked before coming in. He got terminated, but not for smoking - he thought he was smart enough to steal from the register.

Yes, I have heard of people getting kicked out for drug use. In fact, I have heard of Disney requiring anyone who is accused of using to take a drug test or self term. I don't know anything for sure but I wouldn't risk it because there is always a chance your roommate will smell it on your clothes and let Disney know or whatever else. If you're serious about the college program or Disney in general risking it just sounds like a stupid idea to me.

you could probably just stash your stuff in your car and smoke when you're off work somewhere that's not on property or at the apartments. kind of like how you're probably not allowed to smoke at home - just gotta drive around and find a place to do it. i'm sure you're not the only one.

:thumbsup2 What she said. This does seem like a troll thread. Marijuana is viewed as wrong in America, why wouldn't it be viewed as wrong and something to justify being termed in the CP?

Keep in mind that if your hurt at work they will drug test you if you go to the dr.

Agree.

I smell a troll.

As bad as this sounds...there are people who will snitch on you.
I would recommended not smoking at all during your CP, unless you don't care about getting termed.

Off-topic, but what's a troll post? :confused3

Off-topic, but what's a troll post? :confused3

Someone who posts something with the sole intent of getting under your skin. This thread is obviously not real as the person hasn't even been back. So the person was trying to irritate people with a dumb question making them a troll. (In my opinion anyways)

Someone who posts something with the sole intent of getting under your skin. This thread is obviously not real as the person hasn't even been back. So the person was trying to irritate people with a dumb question making them a troll. (In my opinion anyways)

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. :thumbsup2

My boyfriend had a roommate who had a bong and some weed and he had to report the guy and get him termed. It doesn't matter if everyone in your apartment is cool with it you will have roommates who will report it because the whole apartment (or at least your roommate) can get termed for you having it. Honestly I have no problem with it but if I get in I will be reporting underage drinking in my apartment or any kind of drugs to save my own butt. One person getting their high is not worth ending the internship for others. I would suggest finding someone who lives off property and do it where they live.

Yikes. Controversy. :eek:

I don't think this is a troll question. Some people like to smoke weed, I can't imagine 100% of people in the college program are totally against it and won't even think about smoking it.

That said...it is obviously a risk. Even if you feel that it should be legal, it is still against the law. I wouldn't do it just to be safe.

But if you must, I agree with the poster who said to keep it in your car and smoke only off property and definitely don't be high at work.

And weed is ILLEGAL in America, not necessarily wrong. Two very different things.

My boyfriend had a roommate who had a bong and some weed and he had to report the guy and get him termed. It doesn't matter if everyone in your apartment is cool with it you will have roommates who will report it because the whole apartment (or at least your roommate) can get termed for you having it. Honestly I have no problem with it but if I get in I will be reporting underage drinking in my apartment or any kind of drugs to save my own butt. One person getting their high is not worth ending the internship for others. I would suggest finding someone who lives off property and do it where they live.

I totally agree with you. I'm going to do the same thing. I'm not going to risk my internship over other people's choices.

Yikes. Controversy. :eek:

I don't think this is a troll question. Some people like to smoke weed, I can't imagine 100% of people in the college program are totally against it and won't even think about smoking it.

That said...it is obviously a risk. Even if you feel that it should be legal, it is still against the law. I wouldn't do it just to be safe.

But if you must, I agree with the poster who said to keep it in your car and smoke only off property and definitely don't be high at work.

And weed is ILLEGAL in America, not necessarily wrong. Two very different things.

If you're not supposed to do it then it is wrong. I think you mean it's not really bad for you...which compared to other addicitions people have it isn't. That I do agree on and I don't care if people smoke it, that is their choice. It is wrong to do it though if it wasn't you could just do it, you wouldn't have to hide or sneak around to do it. But the troll question is asking if you can be kicked out for it or know people who have been.

to be bluntly honest, it's all about how stupid you are about using it/having it. I know people who were termed within the first 2 weeks of their arrival for smoking pot. You just need to be aware that housing does inspections, random inspections at that, and also that there are others living in close proximity who could easily smell it, or complain about your apartment for one reason or another and you could get caught from that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter