• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'll Call Steve: A Wilderprincess PTR! (Aug 2015) *COMPLETED*

Fun! I threaten my family with shirts but I never follow through, lol!!

I am torn between the grad shirt and the "life is the bubbles" shirt, because Ariel and I go way back.

My mom threatened us with shirts in 2010, we only went through with it in 2014 because we heard it would increase our chance of being picked as the MK Family of the Day. She really likes them now, so I guess they're staying :rotfl:

I like those two as well. Ariel and I go way back, too ;)

My family doesn't do t-shirts :(

I like almost all of them to tell you the truth, but if I had to pick on, the one you said was your favorite.

My family doesn't do t-shirts :(

I like almost all of them to tell you the truth, but if I had to pick on, the one you said was your favorite.

My family only recently started doing t-shirts. If it's something you want to do, it's never too late for your next trip ;)

Thanks! I gotta see what my family thinks about them to make a final decision :)

My family only recently started doing t-shirts. If it's something you want to do, it's never too late for your next trip ;)

Thanks! I gotta see what my family thinks about them to make a final decision :)
I asked my mom if we could do them for my November trip. She hasn't answered yet.

I love doing family t-shirts. My family usually tolerates doing one or two days of them every trip.
I like both the green shirts.

Oops, I fell behind. Apologies. I'm all caught up now :)

I'm not one for breakfast but that puffed french toast could sway me. Plus, CP in the morning is an amazing thing! You're going to have such a great time.

Sunshine Seasons also serves their strawberry shortcake in the mornings, just in case you wanted to grab some of that ;)

Marie is looking hardcore for that Nutella and Fruit Waffle too. I'm not for it, but I've only heard good things from Nutella lovers.

Again, not a breakfast person so the BoG breakfast announcement hit a bit meh with me. I'm not going to make the walk over that way.

Yaaaaaaaay Mickey Mail! It is so nice to have them, I won't lie.

That balloon animal is awesome.

All the T-shirt designs are good though question about the graduation themed one does it have your high school with 2019? Shouldn't it be 2015? I'm just confused, but I do like that one and the life is the bubbles ones the most.

I love doing family t-shirts. My family usually tolerates doing one or two days of them every trip.
I like both the green shirts.

My mother swears by family t-shirts. I'll play along as long as the shirts aren't ugly ;)

Thank you! We'll need to see what my family thinks :)

Oops, I fell behind. Apologies. I'm all caught up now :)

I'm not one for breakfast but that puffed french toast could sway me. Plus, CP in the morning is an amazing thing! You're going to have such a great time.

Sunshine Seasons also serves their strawberry shortcake in the mornings, just in case you wanted to grab some of that ;)

Marie is looking hardcore for that Nutella and Fruit Waffle too. I'm not for it, but I've only heard good things from Nutella lovers.

Again, not a breakfast person so the BoG breakfast announcement hit a bit meh with me. I'm not going to make the walk over that way.

Yaaaaaaaay Mickey Mail! It is so nice to have them, I won't lie.

That balloon animal is awesome.

All the T-shirt designs are good though question about the graduation themed one does it have your high school with 2019? Shouldn't it be 2015? I'm just confused, but I do like that one and the life is the bubbles ones the most.

No worries my friend :)

I'm usually not a breakfast person either. Usually I'll just get a cup of coffee at Dunkin before school and hope for the best untill unch. But like, in a place where I could have chocolate chip mickey waffles and bacon at my disposal, I'm often easily swayed. I also get cranky when I don't eat in the morning so I kinda need it :x

Bless you. I'm a cake person all hours of the day. Looking forward to the strawberry shortcake ;)

I've heard awesome things about the Nutella waffle as well.

Honestly I have to agree with you. The breakfast menu at BoG doesn't strike me that hard, but I really want to get to BoG this trip, so I was hoping I'd get to try the breakfast service- here's hoping they'll extend it the testing date or make it permanent quickly!

Mickey mail is like a comfort blanket for the soul

I'm sad to report that the balloon animal didn't make it through last night :( My dog got all riled up and attacked it. I'm surprised it even lasted that long.

Good question! That was for my little sister, Grace- By July, I'll have just graduated high school, and I'll be graduating Pace in 2019. She'll have just "graduated" middle school and she's graduating high school in 2015 :)

No worries my friend :)

I'm usually not a breakfast person either. Usually I'll just get a cup of coffee at Dunkin before school and hope for the best untill unch. But like, in a place where I could have chocolate chip mickey waffles and bacon at my disposal, I'm often easily swayed. I also get cranky when I don't eat in the morning so I kinda need it :x

Bless you. I'm a cake person all hours of the day. Looking forward to the strawberry shortcake ;)

I've heard awesome things about the Nutella waffle as well.

Honestly I have to agree with you. The breakfast menu at BoG doesn't strike me that hard, but I really want to get to BoG this trip, so I was hoping I'd get to try the breakfast service- here's hoping they'll extend it the testing date or make it permanent quickly!

Mickey mail is like a comfort blanket for the soul

I'm sad to report that the balloon animal didn't make it through last night :( My dog got all riled up and attacked it. I'm surprised it even lasted that long.

Good question! That was for my little sister, Grace- By July, I'll have just graduated high school, and I'll be graduating Pace in 2019. She'll have just "graduated" middle school and she's graduating high school in 2015 :)

I have to admit that I do enjoy Mickey waffles from time to time. There is something special about eating Mickey shaped food.

Only good things to say about the shortcake.

That's true, BoG is amazing and maybe a breakfast ressie will be easier to score.

Poor balloon Ariel. But, she did last a while since you posted her on Instagram.

Ahh okay, that makes much more sense :) How fun that you'll both have graduations at the same time!

I have to admit that I do enjoy Mickey waffles from time to time. There is something special about eating Mickey shaped food.

Only good things to say about the shortcake.

That's true, BoG is amazing and maybe a breakfast ressie will be easier to score.

Poor balloon Ariel. But, she did last a while since you posted her on Instagram.

Ahh okay, that makes much more sense :) How fun that you'll both have graduations at the same time!

Right? I never ate waffles until Disney came into my life. And I like that they have plates of crispy waffles and plates of soft waffles. Disney thinks of everything for us ;)

Shortcake = :lovestruc

BoG has impacted my life in ways I didn't know a restaurant could impact.

Tee-hee. Thank you for noticing my instagram :blush:

I know! It's going to be tons of fun :)

REAL LIFE UPDATE #1
131 days out

Have I really not updated this PTR in over a week? Woof. Sorry. Life happened!

My show opened/closed on Thursday, so I was kept busy with production week and the show. Luckily, this frees up a ton of my time. I've actually forgotten what it feels like to come straight home after school :rotfl:

It was bittersweet. I cried a lot. We're a really tight cast of people, unlike any show I've seen before, and I don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate and leave my little ones behind.

I'm not in my "old man makeup", but I assure you that I was in fact a little old man in the play. I'm holding the cane below. And yes, one of our courtesans was Elsa. We were thinking of ways to make A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum remotely acceptable for school and turning the girl who played Gymnasia into Elsa was one of them. Be warned, this is not the best photo of me.

11046400_10206688079225623_9087010652463401909_o.jpg

Little things have been happening in regards to the trip. No huge updates. I'm thinking about just writing a housekeeping post tomorrow or soon-ish?

I know a lot of people write posts detailing their preliminary plans for the parks and such... if the lull in the action continues, I'll probably be writing some of those as well.

That's all I have to write for this post, honestly. Stay tuned!

Looks like you had a lot of fun in the play and that's certainly an interesting grouping of people :P

PTRs can sometimes lull in action and that's to be expected, whenever you get to posting things though we'll all be glad to read them :)

Looks like you had a lot of fun in the play and that's certainly an interesting grouping of people :P

PTRs can sometimes lull in action and that's to be expected, whenever you get to posting things though we'll all be glad to read them :)

D'awww, thanks :blush:

You're so sweet, amber. You're my fav.

Travel/Arrival Day Plans
126 Days Out

This PTR has been in existence for a month. A month ago today, we booked our Disney trip. We also went to the Gotham Dress Store and had lunch at a local deli. Today we also went to the Gotham Dress Store and had lunch at a local deli. Life is crazy.

So we've had this trip around for a month and there are still surprises waiting for us around every corner. Thanks to the 30% summer discount, we were able to upgrade to a better room... and save $1000.

We also booked a table at the new Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party, which I'm really excited about! :cheer2:

Dessert is my favorite meal of the day, I think. It is a meal, right?

Anyway, I have no clue what my family is doing as far as FP+ is concerned. And we get to book those in like, 60 days, so we should probably start planning.

Before we arrive at the parks, however, we have a looooong road trip ahead of us. 20+ hours to Florida and 20+ hours home. Ouch. We'll only concentrate on the way there for this post!

First, meet my dad's Ford:

CBM5d5LUkAA2NQO.jpg

CBM5d7RU8AICCom.jpg

These photos are, like, really bad. They were taken on an iPhone 4S. But as you can see, my dad has an Italian flag colored Mickey antenna topper, so all's well that ends well or something like that.

My mother doesn't go on airplanes, so we always drive down. Our past two trips have been pretty smooth.

2010- I don't actually remember much about 2010. I remember the weather being nice and leaving at 1:00 in the morning. I also remember us having breakfast at the Waffle House every morning. When we arrived at the Contemporary, we spent the rest of the day at the pool and Downtown Disney.

2014- Our last trip was just a little rocky. I couldn't fall asleep (my arm hurt and I was dumb enough to drink an ice coffee in the car) for 10 hours, I got carsick the first morning, and we had a lot of rain when we reached Georgia that made us think we were going to have to pull over. Other than that, the trip wasn't too bad. The second half of it was actually perfect. We stopped overnight at a clean motel, woke up, went to the Florida welcome center, and arrived at the Grand Floridian by 11 o'clock. Then we spent the rest of our arrival day taking a big nap and playing at Downtown Disney.

Tentative 2015 plan

We'll leave the house between midnight and one thirty. We always have to make a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts before we leave, so we'll do that and then hit the road! Before we know it we'll be on the I-95 and get breakfast at around 7:00 in the morning. Then drive, drive, drive, until we get to Kingsland, which is at the very end of Georgia. We'll stop in the same motel we stopped at last time and go to sleep. Then we'll wake up, get breakfast, and be back on the road by 9:00 in the morning. We'll hit the Florida Welcome Center and then go full speed to Orlando. Finally, by 11:30 or so,
We'll arrive in Walt Disney World!

Check-in at the Wilderness Lodge
Last year, our room was ready when we got there at 11:30. Which was really nice. But I'm not sure we'll be that lucky this year. Whether or not our room is ready, our first order of business will probably be lunch. We're most likely going to eat at Roaring Fork, which I am 100% A-Ok with, especially if it means I get to try a magic cookie bar or two :). We'll pick up our mugs at this point as well. I'm not too concerned with getting in the pool, I'll probably divide up my time exploring the resort, unpacking, and taking a quick nap. I've never seen the WL in person so I'm very excited to see all that it has to offer! Then, later in the evening...

6:30 ADR at Trail's End Restaurant
If anyone actually knows how to get from the WL to FW, please comment below! I can't seem to find a straight answer, but I assume it requires either a boat launch or some sort of internal bus?

In any event, we'll find the quickest way to FW and have dinner at Trail's End. We really wanted to see the HDDR at this time, but we couldn't find any seats. Mom got disappointed that she wouldn't be eating fried chicken, so I assured her Trail's End would have all of the favorites from HDDR and more.

We'll allot an hour or so to eating, then book it to Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long. I doubt we'll be hungry enough for smore's after our buffet, but I think we'll have a good time singing campfire songs and meeting Chip and Dale!

Then we'll go back to the resort, finish unpacking, I'll take a shower, and then we'll go to sleep ready for our first park day- Magic Kingdom :)

My mother doesn't go on airplanes, so we always drive down.
My DH doesn't like to fly either so we always drive. It's about 24 hours straight for us.

I also remember us having breakfast at the Waffle House every morning.
We always do iHOP. They don't have these in Canada (at least not near us) so it's become a tradition.

We always have to make a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts before we leave, so we'll do that and then hit the road!
For us, in Canada, it's Tim Hortons. Doesn't matter when we leave or where we are going, all trips must start with Tim Hortons.

Your arrival days sounds wonderful and relaxing.

My DH doesn't like to fly either so we always drive. It's about 24 hours straight for us.

We always do iHOP. They don't have these in Canada (at least not near us) so it's become a tradition.

For us, in Canada, it's Tim Hortons. Doesn't matter when we leave or where we are going, all trips must start with Tim Hortons.

Your arrival days sounds wonderful and relaxing.

Yeah, it's not so bad on the way down... coming back up to NJ with post-disney sadness is a different story, though ;)

I love iHop! Your reasoning is exactly why my family goes to Waffle House, Krispy Kreme, Zaxbys, etc- it's stuff we only find down south. None in NJ.

I actually just recently had Tim Horton's for the first time. I had a salted caramel donut in Penn Station. It was quite good. I'm quite jealous of you Canadians, as you seem to have them everywhere ;)

Thank you! We decided we could never go back to Downtown Disney again after we waited an hour for a bus back to the GF last year, so we're trying something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter