If you've booked a military discount room for 2013, post it here!

Thanks! I usually get the Stars and Stripes tickets. Figured it was cheaper. Now just to find a good rate on a suite!!!

My dad booked today for 6 adults.

1. Port Orleans: French Quarter, our favorite resort

2. 1 waterview with 2 queens and 2 king rooms, unsure of the view

3. Sept 21st - 28th

4. 01/19/2013

I believe he and my mom will be buying our tickets on base. If not my sister and I will buy ours through UT with the Mousesavers newsletter. No dining plan, we want to wing it this trip.

My dad booked today for 6 adults.

1. Port Orleans: French Quarter, our favorite resort

2. 1 waterview with 2 queens and 2 king rooms, unsure of the view

3. Sept 21st - 28th

4. 01/19/2013

I believe he and my mom will be buying our tickets on base. If not my sister and I will buy ours through UT with the Mousesavers newsletter. No dining plan, we want to wing it this trip.

So jealous you got POFQ with the military discount!!! It was not available during our week in May. In fact no moderates were!!!! Hope you have a great trip!

So jealous you got POFQ with the military discount!!! It was not available during our week in May. In fact no moderates were!!!! Hope you have a great trip!

Apparently we got some of the very last rooms. In fact the gal on the phone said we got the last 2 queen bed room available with the discount.

1. CBR
2. pirate
3. 1/7-11
4. sometime in October

1. ASSports
2. standard
3. 4/22-25
4. January

1. Coronado
2. standard
3. 6/3-6
4. End of Dec

OK...Question...I see people having more than one reservation. Can you make more than one for the same time period? Do you need to put money down on each reservation? Is so...and you cancel do you get it back?

Sorry for so many questions...but we were going the end of Oct, but now with military discount sounding interesting we may go the last week of Sept. If I book for Oct and they continue the discount for 2013-14 can I get it added to my room already on reservation.

This is all greek to me but you all have been wonderful with answers!!

Thanks in advance!!

OK...Question...I see people having more than one reservation. Can you make more than one for the same time period? Do you need to put money down on each reservation? Is so...and you cancel do you get it back?

Sorry for so many questions...but we were going the end of Oct, but now with military discount sounding interesting we may go the last week of Sept. If I book for Oct and they continue the discount for 2013-14 can I get it added to my room already on reservation.
Thanks in advance!!

No problem about the questions, that's why the boards are here.

You can use the Armed Forces Salute room discount as often as you want. Multiple times during the current offer (1 Oct. 12-28 Sept 13). You do need to make your deposit on each reservation.

Disney has been very good about allowing people to convert their existing reservation to the AFS rate once announced. There was a mad scramble this past August when they announced and quite a bit of confusion on the part of the Disney call center. They only people who seemed to have issues were those who had special rooms booked i.e. princess or pirate rooms.

I have a question. My dad booked 3 rooms on the AFS discount at the same resort. We are all have the same check in/out dates. I am going to assume that we all need to check in at the same time on our check in date since my dad most likely will need to show his ID for all three rooms. Right?

1. Resort- Poly
2. Room type(s)- Club Level Lagoon View
3. Dates of your stay-12-20 June
4. Approximate date you booked with the military discount- November 25, 2012

I have a question. My dad booked 3 rooms on the AFS discount at the same resort. We are all have the same check in/out dates. I am going to assume that we all need to check in at the same time on our check in date since my dad most likely will need to show his ID for all three rooms. Right?

It was my understanding that you needed to have an ID card member staying in the room so I am not sure if this will work. I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me. Every time I have booked more than one room with this discount I had to show my ID for mine and DH's room and my DD showed her ID for her room. We are both dependents as my husband is the retired military member but they have never allowed me to check in to two rooms using the discount with just my ID.

It was my understanding that you needed to have an ID card member staying in the room so I am not sure if this will work. I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me. Every time I have booked more than one room with this discount I had to show my ID for mine and DH's room and my DD showed her ID for her room. We are both dependents as my husband is the retired military member but they have never allowed me to check in to two rooms using the discount with just my ID.

Oh bah because the only two with IDs are in one room. The rest of us, while we are former dependents no longer have IDs. We aged out of them.

Will have to have dad call Disney to clarify.

Oh bah because the only two with IDs are in one room. The rest of us, while we are former dependents no longer have IDs. We aged out of them.

Will have to have dad call Disney to clarify.

You don't need an ID card per room. The eligible member can reserve up to three rooms with the AFS.

To your original question, the sponsor needs to check in first. You can't until he is there.

Have fun!

You don't need an ID card per room. The eligible member can reserve up to three rooms with the AFS.

To your original question, the sponsor needs to check in first. You can't until he is there.

Have fun!

THANK YOU!!! You have eased my mind. And we will all be arriving together so that should help.

Now to go research Military Salute tickets.

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Woods view
3. 12/8 - 12/15, 2013
4. Aug. 3, 2012
This is if they renew the discount...:bitelip:
If not its PLAN B and Shades of Green....::yes::

Resort BWI CL
Dates Sept 22 - 29 2013
Date booked Oct 26 2012

Waiting for FD Hope it happens

Denise

SoG
Garden view first floor due to service animal
Booked 2/11/2013
Stay 8/18/2013 to 8/31/2013

Can't beat the $86.10 a night unless we go in sept for 73.60, which I want but kids in college now.

We have been cruising the last two years, but DH is itching to get back into the parks. We figured we had to wait for free dining since there's so many of us, but after we ran the numbers of paying rate rate for two rooms, and tickets vs paying OOP for the dining plan and doing the mil 4 day hoppers and mil rate room, we came out cheaper with the military rate. We're looking to go in 2014 though.
SO my questions:
1. It looks like 2013 rates were released in August of 2012...is fall when we should be looking at 2014 to be announced?
2. Are there any rooms that hold 7 (3 adults 4 children) that also are part of the military rate? We usually book two (and once 3) rooms, but maybe one room would be better (read CHEAPER).

Can you tell we are cheap skates? LOL

2. Are there any rooms that hold 7 (3 adults 4 children) that also are part of the military rate? We usually book two (and once 3) rooms, but maybe one room would be better (read CHEAPER).

Can you tell we are cheap skates? LOL

For you and some advice to the orginal poster is to look into renting points from a DVC member or if you are not comfortable with that, rent from a company like the timeshare store or David's. It's cheaper than the military discount. For example: If the original poster wanted a 2 bedroom for her dates doing the military discount is ~$660/night, but renting @ $12/point would be ~$575, that's almost $100 less per night. It is very difficult to get a 2 bedroom through disney because we DVC owners, own the vast majority of them, disney can only book something like 10% of the inventory (Florida law). So yes, there are rooms that will hold that many people and keep in mind that BLT is the most expensive DVC resort out there (for now, I"m sure GF will surpass that) so if you really want to save some money rent a 2 bedroom at Old key West, which is a great resort and gets a bad rap. You will have more space then you know what to do with!

We booked at BWI
Standard Room
May 27-June 3
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 is when we booked it

1. Contemporary Resort
2. Garden Wing, Garden View King bed
3. June 23 - 30
4. End of January 2013

(We call every couple of days or so to try get a room with two beds instead of a king, this just happened to be the last 'standard' room they had left for the Military Discount. Also, there are currently (as of Sunday 3/3) two Club level rooms available with the discount.)
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter