If you've been Hoop Dee Doo (POLL of sorts!)

Luvin*Livvy

Mouseketeer
We have a res. at Hoop Dee Doo for our trip, but they could only get us UPSTAIRS! I have only eaten downstairs. Before I call and see if they have any cancellations...I wanted to get a concensous! THANKS SO MUCH!

So my questions are??

Where did you sit when you have gone?

Did you LOVE IT OR HATE IT (seating?)

Did you have children with you? And could they see???

Does it cost MORE for downstairs?

We have a res. at Hoop Dee Doo for our trip, but they could only get us UPSTAIRS! I have only eaten downstairs. Before I call and see if they have any cancellations...I wanted to get a concensous! THANKS SO MUCH!

So my questions are??

Where did you sit when you have gone?

Upstairs on the right in the middle

Did you LOVE IT OR HATE IT (seating?) Loved it we had a great view PLENTY of Cast Interaction, and the waitress was awsome
Did you have children with you? And could they see???
Yes and he only wants to sit upstairs now

Yes , but I don't think it's much
:cool1:

it doesnt cost more-but i believe if you use the dining plan you can only get category 2 or 3 seats.....if i paid cash its the same price no matter which category

Loved it! worth the money- sat down front and center and I believe we paid for that- there are 3 tiers of money you pay for which seats you get. But the balcony seats seemed fine too. My kids LOVED it- all 3 of them. Laughing, clapping, they really liked it. My DH was picked for the finale- :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: - that alone was worth the $200 we paid in tickets! :dance3: :dance3:

Went without kids.

Sat front and center and paid for it.

Can't wait to go again! Worth it!

Did you call Disney Dining or the Hoop Dee Doo box office?? We called Disney Dining a few months back and booked what were supposedly the 'last two seats' in the balcony at HDDR. When we arrived, the lovely check in CM told us we needed to go to the box office as there was an issue with our tickets. Panicked, as EVERYTHING always goes wrong when we travel, we ran right over to the box office. As it turns out, there were only about 20 people attending the perfomance that evening, and they wanted ot move us from the balcony to a table downstairs. Of course, this was OK with us, and we ended up at the 'dance around' table just back from the stage right in the center. The CM at the box office told us never to book the dinner shows through Disney Dining, because they've always got things messed up. (dunno why...)

So, if you called Disney Dining for your ressie, give Hoop Dee Doo a call too, to see if they can give you a better seat!

If not, I'm sure the seats up top will be fine. What a fun show - we love it!

- Jill

We've been to HDD twice. The first time we were on the balcony mid left of the stage.
The second time at the front all the way to the right of the stage. Both times I took my DD age 6 and then age 8.
We now have another reservation for the balcony this time tier 3 on the dining plan. My DD at now age 10 opinion is that you can see the show from a different perpective. She doesn't mind the balcony because you get to see the whole of the stage layout with no-one obstructing your view.
Also the restaurant is not that huge anyway so all seats are ok.:thumbsup2

Loved it! Sat in the middle floor and about the center of the floor.....so we were like center of the entire place...LOL. And we loved it. Yummy food!

we went there for thanksgiving06 and had a great time. we sat upstairs left side of stage the seats were great we could see everything.

We saw the HDD last Aug. Our cast of characters were myself(33), DH(31), DS9, DD3, my parents (mid-50s). Our entire group completely enjoyed it. My parents thought it was a hoot. My DS9 thought it was funny as well. My DD3 enjoyed the music and would clap along.
We were seated second row from the stage in the middle of the room. They were wonderful seats. My children did not have a problem seeing, but we were very close.
We thought that the food was good. They did bring my DD3 some mac and cheese when we asked if there was anything we could substitute for her.

We celebrated dd's 13th birthday at HDDR last Oct. There were four of us...two moms, two birthday girls (dd's). I booked about 18 months out, we were seated right at the stage, next to the steps leading up to the stage. I think we were one table away from dead center stage. It was pretty terrific. The first time we went, in August of '04, we lost our previous ADRs due to FtW shutting down after Hurricane Charley came through!! Has to rebook for a different night the next week. We ended up in the balcony, on the side, but the last table toward at the back. I didn't think it was so awful. The actors came upstairs as well as being down on the floor. There was a birthday girl at the table next to us (well, sort of behind us) and they interacted with her.
Yes, being up front is great, but I wouldn't stress out if I were further back.

I have been several times. For all of my earlier trips, I have sat right in front of the stage because I booked early. Great seats.

This time, I booked late and the category seating is now in place. I was paying cash but only Cat. 2 and 3 were available. I sat in Cat. 2, way in the back and center of Pioneer Hall. Great seats.

I would definitely sit in the balcony seats. Everyone up there looks like they are having a great time.

So my questions are??

Where did you sit when you have gone?I've sat near the stage and upstairs

Did you LOVE IT OR HATE IT (seating?) Didn't like upstairs because of my fear of heights.

Did you have children with you? no And could they see???

It costs about $59 for tier one. One row of tier two is downstairs in the back and costs $55. Side balcony costs $51.

We've been there several times and have sat "everywhere"! :) My personal favorite was a few tables away from the stage because it was possible to see the whole stage easily. But we have sat right next to the stage and my gang loved that too! We did sit upstairs once when there were a bunch of us and that was fine, although I do admit I felt somewhat removed from the "action". However, the cast does visit upstairs and tries to make everyone a part of the show. It is a great show and lots of fun!

We sat upstairs on the side and thought the seats were horrible. We ate facing a wall and had to turn around to watch the show. Fortunately you can now pay for better seats.

We sat upstairs. It was on the far left, back. We had no problems seeing. My dd 5 or 6 at the time and Hoop De Doo was her favorite part of WDW. She talked about it for 2 years.

We have been there several times and have sat upstairs all but once. Upstairs was fine on some occasions and not so good other times (pole was in the way one time and a nasty lady sat next to me another time). I am glad they have decided to let you pay for a better spot.

Our family of four (40,40,18 & 9) went to the Hoop Dee Doo last June and we were on the dining plan. I waited a little late to book but was able to get Category 3 seating. I didn't know there were any categories (at that time) and I was just happy to get a reservation.

We showed up and were shown to, literally, the VERY last table in the ENTIRE theater. I thought "Oh my gosh! I have wasted two dining plan meals on the very last seat in the house? We're not gonna be able to see anything!" Boy oh boy was I wrong.

Our table was a high table. Like those you find at your local Chili's, Applebees, etc. Our chair were kind of like bar stools (with back). We were able to see everything. The entertainers made there way around the theater and because there was a walk area behind us, they came by our table a couple of times.

The other plus was, since we were at the back of the theater, we were able to exit before the crowds.

In my opinion, there are no bad seats at the Hoop Dee Doo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter