"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme." September 2015 TR

9/7 Off Day-Blizzard Beach

Today we enjoyed sleeping in, we grabbed a few snacks for breakfast and headed to Blizzard Beach.

DS wanted to float down the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon the other day, but the storm came in so we didn't get a chance. We decided to start with the lazy river at BB, we found our tubes and jumped in. It was a little chilly, but refreshing.

DD was most excited to try the floating ice cubes and wanted to go there next, she had a blast!

It was neat seeing quite a few PP here. Since we didn't have a camera with us, we were happy to get a few pictures from the water parks.

DH and DD went down a couple slides.

We then made our way to the kiddie area, Tike's Peak. The kids enjoyed going down a few slides and an inter tube one as well.

After the kids had their fun, we went to find a bigger inter tube ride that we could go on as well. It was back to the Ski Patrol area, we all had fun on these.

We played in Melt-Away Bay (the wave pool), we even got DS to go in and even enjoy it!

At this point, we were hungry and just not feeling this water park very much. We checked the QS options here and nothing stood out.

We headed back to the hotel, changed and had a late lunch at Everything POP.

Our next destination was Fort Wilderness. We hopped on a bus to the MK and waited for the ferry to FW. This was a fun way to travel and the kids thought it was neat.

We arrived at FW and made our way to Tri-Circle D Ranch. I had read about pony rides and that was right up DD's alley.

There was no wait and the CM there was super friendly. DD got to ride Cookie and DH got to walk the pony.

DD enjoyed her pony ride quite a bit! I thought it was such a neat experience and was so happy we did it.

I loved the little details!

We explored the barns where the carriage/wagon horses are kept. We met several of the beautiful horses and there was a neat little area with photos of Walt with horses that I loved.

It was nearing 5:00pm, we had a potty break and played with the lizards.

Then we checked in at our next ADR, Trail's End. They brought us right in and we were seated in a quiet corner. Our waitress was very friendly and explained everything to us. The down side to this meal was our late lunch at POP, the kids were not really hungry and neither was I. This was a meal I was really looking forward to as I had heard good things about this buffet. Even with not being hungry much, I made sure to eat my fair share. The food here was really good and it wasn't very crowded which is always a plus.

9/7 Continued.

We waddled our way to the internal bus stop for FW headed to one of my favorite parts of the entire trip....Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long!!!!

We arrived early and were the first to arrive, another family arrived shortly after us. It was nearing 7pm and there was not many people there, I thought with it being Labor Day that it might be crowded. The kids ran around a bit and soon some Cms appeared and opened the area up. We picked a front row bench to sit on. Not long after sitting a CM came out saying that Chip and Dale would be coming out soon and that the activity that night was chalk.

My kids are huge fans of chalk and were really excited to be able to go draw. So I thought the chalk was a bit of a distraction for the kids until the show started...until, Chip and Dale came out and joined the kids doing chalk!!!!! At this time, it was just my kids and 2 others. It was like a private meet and greet, but doing an activity with C&D! My kids thought this was SO cool! It did start to get a little busier, but still not bad.

DS drew a Mickey Mouse. He was very proud of it!

]

And another Mickey Mouse.

DD drew a flower after watching Chip draw one.

A drawing one of the CMs did!

One of the CM handlers was hilarious and fun watching him interacting with the kids and characters.

If drawing chalk with C&D was all that happened tonight, I would have been more than satisfied. But the night had just started!

After drawing with the kids for what felt like a good 30 minutes, C&D had to go back in for a break. The kids still colored. I went to the wagon and purchased a smores kit and 2 sticks. We took turns roasting marshmallows over the campfire and eating smores.

Soon it was time for the sing-a-long to start, I wasn't expecting much from this but was still looking forward to it. But, I was pleasantly surprised at just how much fun this was and how long it actually went. The singer was so fun and really made the show. During the sing-a-long C&D were out and about mingling with guests during the sing-a-long and even joined in on a few songs by dancing the hokey pokey and such.

When the sing-a-long ended, a movie was played on a giant screen...I didn't even know about that part and the movie they were playing that night...LILO AND STITCH!!!! How awesome?!

We enjoyed the movie until about half way through and then it started raining, many people left. We thought about it, but the kids wanted to stay. We stayed a little while longer and then made our way out.

A little advice would be to bring bug spray, this was the only night we got bug bites.

On the way back we spotted something in the grassy area as we walked by....

A deer!!! We kept our distance and took some pictures, there was also a little bunny that we admired as well. Very neat.

We got back on the ferry and as we headed back to MK, we got to watch the electrical water pageant while being out on the water!!! Per the Captain, we had to go slower than normal as not to create a big wake for the pageant. The Captain gave the kids cute little Sailor Mickey Mouse stickers while we enjoyed the show. We could not have timed it better and that was a great way to finish off this most magical evening for us.

Last edited:
I just caught up. Loving this report. My husband and I are going 11/8-11/14 for our first visit and our honeymoon. Can't wait for more :)

EEK sooooo exciting!!!! A first visit and it's your honeymoon, sounds amazing! Where are you staying?

I love that DH is holding DD's hand on Space, so adorable! You are correct, SM is way rougher in WDW versus DL!

Love DD's face painting! That is really awesome that they re-did it even though it was practically all off. Gotta love how Disney goes the extra mile.

What a fun interaction with Buzz!!

Love the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, such a great attraction!

She was nervous because in DL, SM is side by side and she wasn't sure about having to ride in her own seat, so he was her comfort.

Thank you for confirming that SM at WDW is rougher than the SM at DL. I swore it was, but then I thought...maybe it's just me getting old. LOL.

That's so great that they redid your DD's face paint, she looks adorable :goodvibes

Yea, it was an $18 face painting job and poor DD was so upset and really wanted it done again. I was SO thankful that they happily redid it for us. Thanks!

EEK sooooo exciting!!!! A first visit and it's your honeymoon, sounds amazing! Where are you staying?

We are staying at POP Century. We didn't want to spend the money on the resort because its our first visit and we will want to be in the parks. I have lots of honeymoon-ish things planned. Carriage ride, wishes from the beach, California Grill during wishes, and more. We are so excited. 4 DAYS TO GO and its killing me :flower1:

We've never done the C&D campfire and sadly, I think my boys are too old now to be interested :( It looks so neat! I especially love that they colored with the kids :goodvibes

Oh no! I began to read your updates but I can't view your photos?! It says you need to upgrade your photobucket account :(

I think that's a smart idea saving money and staying at POP and spending more on the special experiences! 2 more days...I hope you have a blast!

We've never done the C&D campfire and sadly, I think my boys are too old now to be interested :( It looks so neat! I especially love that they colored with the kids :goodvibes

Awe, that's a bummer that your boys wouldn't be interested. We all had so much fun!

Oh no! I began to read your updates but I can't view your photos?! It says you need to upgrade your photobucket account :(

I hope I fixed it.

That's what I'm seeing too!

Grr. Hopefully, it works now.

It's so great that the water parks have PP, since I'm sure most people aren't bringing their cameras!

I'm sorry you guys were a little full at dinner, but glad you still made the best of it. The kids sure do look happy!

Omg the evening at Fort Wilderness sounds like it was non stop fun! The chalk drawings with C&D must have been so fun for the kids! I'm glad this was such a good night for you all :)

Yay, the pictures are back! And such awesome pictures.

How cool to have characters draw with your kids!

I love that they redid her face paint.

Stitch should come with a warning label. There were kids crying the one time I 'rode' it.

Do you remember how much the pony ride cost? Hope would love that!

Such awesome updates! I've just started my new job and going in November seems un-doable. So was thinking first two weeks of September. Avoiding Labor Day crowds by chilling out somewhere. I love that photo of Stitch hugging your two, so adorable!

Wow, that sounds like a great evening with C&D and the campfire sing-a-long! It's often the things that aren't planned or expected that turn out to be the most magical parts of a trip! I know that was the case for our trip in Sept!

It's so great that the water parks have PP, since I'm sure most people aren't bringing their cameras!

I'm sorry you guys were a little full at dinner, but glad you still made the best of it. The kids sure do look happy!

Omg the evening at Fort Wilderness sounds like it was non stop fun! The chalk drawings with C&D must have been so fun for the kids! I'm glad this was such a good night for you all :)

Yea, I wish TL had a bunch of PP like BB did. I was very thankful for that.

The kids were very happy to have a neat book to color at dinner!

Such a fun night at FW, we adored that resort SO much! I'd love to stay there some day!

Yay, the pictures are back! And such awesome pictures.

How cool to have characters draw with your kids!

I love that they redid her face paint.

Stitch should come with a warning label. There were kids crying the one time I 'rode' it.

Do you remember how much the pony ride cost? Hope would love that!

Yay, thanks for confirming the pictures are back!

Drawing chalk with characters is not something you can do every day and my kids really enjoyed it!

I was expecting them to say no to the face paint because we had gone swimming, so it was a pleasant surprise when they redid it.

There was a sign out front of Stitch that warned us about dark and loud noises, but they have that warning at many of the rides DS liked as well.

The pony ride was $8 and it was cash only, they only do it until 4pm or 5pm I believe.

Such awesome updates! I've just started my new job and going in November seems un-doable. So was thinking first two weeks of September. Avoiding Labor Day crowds by chilling out somewhere. I love that photo of Stitch hugging your two, so adorable!

Thank you!

We noticed it getting busier Friday and crowds were gone by Tuesday. I expected the parks to be really busy on Labor Day, so I didn't even want to attempt a park that day.

Thanks!

Wow, that sounds like a great evening with C&D and the campfire sing-a-long! It's often the things that aren't planned or expected that turn out to be the most magical parts of a trip! I know that was the case for our trip in Sept!

It really was a great night! I am so glad we decided to hang out at FW this evening, everything was just so perfect!

Cute cute cuteness!!!!

What a super fun night!

I'm sorry you weren't that hungry for dinner; that happened to us a few times too. there is just so much to eat at WDW!!

Once my DD is able to participate we are TOTALLY gonna do the Camp fire! How fun?!?

Cute cute cuteness!!!!

What a super fun night!

I'm sorry you weren't that hungry for dinner; that happened to us a few times too. there is just so much to eat at WDW!!

Once my DD is able to participate we are TOTALLY gonna do the Camp fire! How fun?!?

It was awesome, definitely take your DD! DH even had a blast singing and dancing along and that is saying a lot!

9/8-DHS #2

We discussed which park we wanted to do the previous night. DD wanted to go back to DHS, we decided we would spend half a day there.

We grabbed some yogurt and fruit from Everything Pop and caught the DHS bus.

At DHS, we were not interested in standing with the mob of people again at the holding area, so we decided to grab some PP instead.

Slowly making our way to TSMM, we stop and meet the green army man! He gave us a thumbs up on the color choice of our pen.

TSMM wait was around 20 minutes. We got to take in the queue this time, since last time we had rushed by it all with our Fps. A nice gentleman asked if we would like him to take our picture with Mr. Potato Head. We tried to return the favor, but he said they had a picture taken there the previous day.

Kids being goofy.

I really do love this ride, DS gets nervous with the 3D items and air coming at you, but he still likes it.

We decided after having so much fun on their ride, why not meet Woody and Buzz? The wait again was around 20 minutes, but we hadn't met Woody yet, so we decided to wait. The photo props in this area kept the kids and I busy.

When it was our turn, Woody signed his page and then searched for Buzz's page and drew the face on Buzz. The kids thought it was hilarious!

Buzz didn't find it too funny though. He started shaking his finger at Woody after this. They made this a very fun meet and greet!

There were some monsters meeting nearby that we'd never met, the wait was 15 minutes. The kids were bummed to learn that Mike and Sully don't sign autographs, but I can easily see why they don't.

The last time we were in DHS, the kids had wanted to play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area, but it was just too darn hot. This time, however was much more tolerable. The kids had a blast in this area and did not want to leave. It was hard to keep track of them in there which stressed me out a little.

After we left the set and had returned to normal size again, I stumbled upon something I geeked out about...Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop! I think this is SO SO SO cool that they have this at DHS and I had to get my picture taken!

DD wanted to go for another ride on Star Tours, DS did not. DH and DD head in to Star Tours and DS and I watched Jedi Training.

At this time, we were getting hungry and decided to try Backlot Express. It was a little busy, but they were really organized and the lines moved pretty quickly. I chose the chicken nuggets and fries and strawberry parfait. DH got the bacon cheeseburger with onion straws, fries and strawberry parfait. DD chose PB & J, fries and a cookie. DS got chicken nuggets, fries and a cookie.

We sat right next to the pop refill station, which was one reason I enjoyed this place, the self service drink refills. I took full advantage of that! They also had packages of ranch and blue-cheese dressing that I used for dipping sauce. I really liked the chicken nuggets, it felt like I was eating real chicken and not mush. The strawberry parfait was just okay.

DD had just started to develop a couple blisters on her feet, so we made our way to first aid to get a couple band aids. The kids even got cute Mickey and Minnie nurse type stickers which was really neat.

The Beauty and the Beast show was going to be starting soon and I really wanted to see it. We took a couple PP pics on the way and got DD's favorite PP of the trip.

We started in towards the show and this nice CM struck up a conversation with DD. He was super friendly and sweet. He asked DD if she liked Belle and of course she nodded, he then asked if she would like to see her up close and she said yes. He gave us this special certificate and wrote her name on it.

He told her to show it to every CM she saw. We thanked him and moved on, we had no idea what this meant, but we were excited to find out. DD showed it to the first CM we saw and she addressed her as Princess and told her to keep walking and show it to the next CM. We did this a few more times and they called her Princess every time.

The theater was pretty full at this time and we were expecting to sit in the upper section, however a CM led us all the way to the front where this special section is roped off. WOW! That was some awesome pixie dust. A CM then starts talking to DD and telling her that Belle has a surprise for her. He took her up front by the stage to a rose stone and told her later in the show, she will walk up here to see Belle and get a surprise! He then brought her back to sit back down. She was beaming from ear to ear, she was treated like a real princess and just found out she will be receiving a special gift from Belle.

At the end of the show, Belle and the Prince are dancing and they came to the front of the stage where the CM had just led DD. Belle and the Prince kneel down, wave and say hi to DD and the Prince hands her a toy rose. The CM also gave her a special certificate, then they walked back to the seats.

This was such an absolutely amazing experience, talk about some great pixie dust!!! It was DD who chose to go back to DHS today and then had this happen! It was perfect and more than we could have expected. We all loved the show and were so happy we chose to see it! DD was glowing and carried her rose every where from then on.

What fun magic shots!

Nice family pic with Mr. Potato Head :)

Great pictures with the characters.

WOW!! What amazing pixie dust for DD (and all of you)! Getting special seats and a treat during the show, that is SO magical! What a great story :lovestruc

The picture of DD strapped to the rocket is great. I love the face she is making.

That was some awesome pixie dust. I had never heard about that one before.

What fun magic shots!

Nice family pic with Mr. Potato Head :)

Great pictures with the characters.

WOW!! What amazing pixie dust for DD (and all of you)! Getting special seats and a treat during the show, that is SO magical! What a great story :lovestruc

Thanks!

Yes, that experience was pretty magical for all of us!

The picture of DD strapped to the rocket is great. I love the face she is making.

That was some awesome pixie dust. I had never heard about that one before.

LOL, I love the rocket picture too.

It was awesome!

9/8 Continued DHS, GF and MK

After this incredible show, we decided we wanted to head back to the hotel for a swim, but first there were a few things we wanted to grab before we headed on our way.

We found a PP near the Star Wars store, DS just HAD to do this one!

One of items we wanted to get was this Darth Vader popcorn bucket.

Which also made for an awesome trick or treat bucket too!

I spotted one more PP on the way out and begged to get this one and I am SO glad I did. We were very bummed that we didn't get to meet Baymax before he left DHS, so this was a little surprise that we all enjoy.

Baymax photobomb! I love the cute little video that comes with this PP.

We left DHS to head back to POP for a quick swim and then we were on our way to MK, where we caught the monorail to the Grand Floridian.

Both kids fell asleep, again loved the monorail so we didn't have to fold the stroller up. This hotel is breath taking gorgeous. We were a little early, so we wandered around the gift shop, then wandered around the hotel. There was a piano player and a cute little girl and her Dad were dancing together, it was really cute. We checked into 1900 Park Fare, then woke the kids up. They were not happy, but there was a little baby near us and she was playing with DD so that cheered her right up. DS was still not too happy. Our buzzer went off and in we went.

Our waitress noticed DS being a little grumpy and handed both kids some character stickers. I grabbed the kids some food and then some for myself. DS started cheering up after getting some food in his belly.

Soon Cinderella was saying hello to us, since we saw her at Akershus previously, we didn't need an autograph and she really wasn't too interactive. So it was a quick photo and she moved on.

Prince Charming strolled over next, other than his surprisingly deep voice, it was another photo and he moved on.

Next, came one of our favorite character interactions, Lady Tremaine. "I'm here, you're welcome." She gave DD some advice, saying make sure to marry for money. She then asked DS if he was available and if he had money. We sadly told her he didn't have any money, her response was "Good luck with Drizella, she's a handful." She left us by saying "Goodbye future son-in-law."

At the table next to us was a couple, the woman told Lady Tremaine that she'd been with her BF for 6 years and he hadn't put a ring on it yet. LT then yelled across the room to Cinderella and Drizella that this couple had been together for 6 years and he still hasn't proposed. This became a running joke the rest of the night with all the characters giving this poor guy a hard time. It was hilarious and his gf was just cracking up the whole time.

"I'M HERE!!!!!" was the next thing we heard as Drizella came near. We had a green sharpie for her to sign with, but she asked if we had black. She then drew a face on Anastasia while saying that she doesn't like these books and asked if we knew why. I said because she has to share a page with her sister and she said well, yes there is that. Then she said, another reason is because Cinderella got a full page and she got one sentence. She was just so spot on character and awesome! She also gave the guy sitting next to us all sorts of trouble, she took him from his table to another table in the center of the room to talk with this other guest eating. It was all just so so funny!

Anastasia was not happy to see her picture in our book, drawn on. She then had to draw on her sister's face too. She was no where near as interactive as her sister though.

The stand outs here for us food wise was the strawberry soup and the kids pizza.

We hopped back on the monorail and headed to MK to spend our evening. Once we arrived at MK, we realized that we missed a major down pour, everything was wet!

The Laugh Floor is where we were headed, we had so much fun at the show the other day that we were all looking forward to seeing it again. But this time it was just okay, still funny, but seemed to be different CM's this time around.

Ds was begging to go on Tomorrowland Speedway again, it was a posted 20 minute wait, but it was nothing even close to that. DH told me to take DS this time because he is such a crazy driver...but the joke was on him. DS was actually really good and I thought DD was much crazier. LOL.

DH and the kids rode the tea cups, but poor DS bonked his head, so he was upset.

The lightening was crazy this evening and honestly, I was having a great time watching it. We chose to ride Dumbo next which had a 10 minute wait. The view at the top of Dumbo was even better to see the lightening.

We decided to hop in line to meet Daisy and Minnie at Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Then we decided to hop over and do the boy's side too. Goofini was awesome! The kids tried to help him pull his bike out.

Donaldo was super funny and he spent the most time with us.

The boy's side won by far for character interaction.

We shopped in the Big Top Souvenirs for awhile, we actually closed them down.

It was then off to ride Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, we got in the line which we thought was the ride only to realize it was Ariel's meet and greet. We asked DD if she wanted to wait and meet her, she said yes. It ended up being quite a wait, but Ariel was fabulous. There was a little toddler in front of us and as she was waddling her way to Ariel, Ariel said "Are you still getting used to your legs too?" It was so adorable!

We found our way to the ride this time and a CM was standing in front, I asked if they were still open and she asked if we were staying in a Disney Resort. I said yes, she scanned my MB and let us through. I totally forgot about EMH and wasn't sure how they controlled that, I learned.

At this time, we decided to head out. I took some pictures of the castle as we were leaving.

We grabbed some PP pics on the way out.

This is my favorite family picture of the trip!

And so ended another fun filled, magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter