If you will be driving into Cape Canaveral - consider this a warning

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by snelsonbrown, Mar 27, 2006.

1. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

Hello there,
    I just thought I would put a bug in your ear - when driving over here to Brevard county, be aware that additional forces have been put on the roads for speeders, DWI, etc - I won't warn the DWI's but I do want to tell you that as you leave Hwy 528 and come into Cape Canaveral the speed drops super fast first to 45 and then 35 miles per hr. - there must have been 10 cars pulled over to the side this afternoon and most were out of towners. You don't realize the speeding limit has dropped until its too late and the police are out in forces. So if you are not driving while drinking or doing something illegal,I just wanted to make you aware of the quick change, take heed. ESPECIALLY ON THE WEEKENDS.
    Always
    Shirley and Norm

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DVC Jen

DVC Jen DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Wigs out even the

Thanks Shirley. We will be doing a major road trip from dallas to ohio to cape canaveral to vero and then back to dallas in may/june. I will make note of this.

4. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Thanks Shirley for the warning, I passed on your message to the rest of my family that will be driving down in May!!! ;)

5. DVCconvert

DVCconvert DIS Veteran

I noticed that that was a 'world class' trap back in January! -- thanks for the heads up/reminder !

6. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

There is a place now that as soon as you come off Hwy 528, there is a trap - again for the idiots that shouldn't be driving, they deserve it, but if you are not prepared for the major slow down, you could be in a fix - Norm picked up on it as he was coming back to the shop after yesterday ship's deliveries and then when we had to go to Merritt Island, we took 528 and sure enough, the cars were lined up in a row. Again if its deserved then I am all for it, but with the traffic increasing as much as it has become, forewared keeps your feet lighter on the pedal. Andy wait until you see the changes as you come off hwy 528 - you will hardly recognize this place.
    Always
    Shirley and Norm

7. Lisa D

Lisa D Mouseketeer

for the heads up on this. We will be driving from MCO on 4/28 for the 4/29 cruise. DH does have a heavy foot so I will keep an eye out for him. Nothing could put a damper on a vacation like a speeding ticket!

Also Shirley thank you for all you input on the Residence by Marriott. We booked there after I couldn't get the room I wanted at the Radisson. It was nice to have another alternative.

Lisa

8. castlegazer

castlegazer <font color=9933cc>Soccer Mom - no really, I am a

My BIL leaves in two days to go down for a month so this will be passed to him - thanks. He's usually good and knows where they are, but it's good to remind him.