If you were me...what would you do?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Lollipop's Mom, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

Ok...
    DD and I have to make a quickie trip to LA April 29-May 3rd. We have May 1/2 as 'free' days to do whatever we want.....and I have a few scenarios in mind. We are staying in Studio City, near the place we have to be on April 30th for an event. We are flying in/out of Burbank.
    Soooo here are the few things I am thinking....(DD's 9th bday is May 2nd).
    I need some help and opinions! We just got back from DLR in January - but we are missing it so much! I am just thinking it may end up being a pain to have to take the train back and forth.....but is it worth it?

1. Take the amtrak down to DLR and priceline a cheap place for 2 nights and do a day (or 2 if I can afford it) in DL/CA. Then we would have to amtrak back on the 3rd to catch our flight leaving Burbank at 2:40pm
    2. Stay up in Studio City and go to USH (never been) and some other things up that way. What is USH like? Fun? I have read so many mixed reviews on it and it doesn't seem to have half the things that DLR has, but I can also get the tickets for $30/ea., then do other things like Glendale Galleria,etc..
    3. Take the train down and stay somewhere near a beach for 2 nights and be lazy. lol.
    Or......?????
    I want to do something fun on her B-day....how often do you get to spend a 9th bday in California?!!?!!

2. JC Butterfly

JC Butterfly DIS Veteran

sounds like you already decided to go the Disneyland route, what a cool mom to do this for a 9th birthday!

3. RalphMouth

RalphMouth <font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca

Studio City to Disneyland-

we drove this midday & it took 1 1/2 hours as traffic on I-5
    was thick. I enjoyed Universal & will go again sometime but
    it's not the 'magic' you get in DL.