If you split stay... MK area & Boardwalk area

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MinnieMommy07, Sep 24, 2012.

1. MinnieMommy07

MinnieMommy07 Mouseketeer

Looking at options and just curious....

If you split your stay between a MK area resort: GF, Poly, CR, BLT, WL
    and
    a Epcot DHS resort: BC, BWI, YC,

which two would you choose?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We are doing 5 nights at the YC, and 5 nights Poly CL in April!!! Very much looking forward to it!!! :thumbsup2

4. shaynar

shaynar Mouseketeer

We're doing a split stay of BC and WL on our upcoming trip!

5. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

We're doing a Poly/BC split stay (4 nights at each) in December.

6. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

We are doing a split stay for our trip next year.

We are doing Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Tower. :)

:wave2:

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

BLT and BWV - now would do BCV but already own at BWV and it is just easier for me.

besides for visiting both DHS and Epcot - BWV is walking distance to both - the boat is fun but not faster.

now for just Epcot - BCV can't be beat.

8. Disneyteers

Disneyteers Addicted To The Mouse

If we had to choose we would choose WL (our favorite resort) for our MK resort and BC for the Epcot resort. But you really can't go wrong all Disney resorts are fabulous!

Enjoy your trip:)

9. Jiminy'sGirl

Jiminy'sGirl DIS Veteran

WL and BWI - my two favorites!

10. goodferry

goodferry DIS Veteran

We have done BC/BLT before

11. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

We are addicted to the monorail/Epcot area split stay! If I were choosing my two favorites, I'd say Poly and BC. Poly has great theming and history, great dining options, and the monorail direct to MK and direct to Epcot (from TTC) makes it the most convenient resort on the monorail for us. BC is a long-time favorite resort overall, for theming, atmosphere and room decor. And it's hard to pass up a stay at BC if we plan on using the pool - SAB is wonderful and by far our favorite pool on property.

But it does depend on the circumstances and specific plans for a particular trip. In October, we're choosing BC because it's our favorite and then CR because it's just one night of the split and we're going to MNSSHP that night. In January, we're staying at Poly because it's our favorite, and then BWI because we LOVE CL there, really enjoy the waterfront view, won't be using the pool as much, and have stayed at YC/BC six times already over the past three years. (Although nothing is set in stone - still thinking of changing that to a Poly/BC split!)

12. Havana

Havana DIS Veteran

I would choose Bay Lake, and Beach Club. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the MK or Epcot resorts.

13. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

We would do the same but only for a 10-12 night trip.... No splits liked in our group but if a must.... 5 and 5 or 6 and 6..... BC and WL ,. Why, cause we've stayed at both and WL is right got the price and theming over the overpriced monorail resorts and the BC is closest to EPCOT's back door!

14. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

I'd probably pick this combo. :thumbsup2

15. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

My favorite split is the MK/Boardwalk area split! Best of both worlds!

Love the Poly/BWI split, and the WL/BWI split the best.

16. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

would depend on the season for me

if winter or Christmas WL/YC if summer Poly/YC or BC I love BC but last time we stayed there we didn't get a full balcony so I'm kinda leaning towards YC for a guaranteed balcony

17. KSL

KSL Mouseketeer

We're planning a split stay next August: 5 nights BWV and 7 nights BLT. So excited already!! :goodvibes

18. VAfamily1998

VAfamily1998 DIS Veteran

Well, I have never done that, but I think it would be really nice to have a split stay of Poly and Boardwalk...though, I might choose Beach Club over Boardwalk only because I have stayed at Boardwalk before, and I've stayed at YC before--so BC is the only one in the Epcot area I haven't tried out yet.

19. clc053103

clc053103 DIS Veteran

We did BLT/BCV last week.....i think reversing the order would have been better. As far as accommodations, it was like going from the Ritz Carlton to the Courtyard Marriot. But it was nice having the proximity to each area for half the stay.

20. BLTtinkerbell

BLTtinkerbell DIS Veteran

I have stayed at CR, BLT, Poly, FW, BC, and BCV. My favorite split was BCV/BLT. I own DVC and enjoy having the extra space. When doing a split stay, I like at least 3 nights at each resort. Happy planning!

21. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

We have never done a split stay and have never stayed at BC, BWI, or YC. As far as the MK resorts go, we love the Poly! I would pick Poly and BC.

Sent from my GalaxyS II