If you have ressie w/ $50 off coupon through alamo

Disneyfanatic108

DIS Veteran
You may want to check it. I tried to change car class and alamo would not allow me to access it. I tried to check in online and it did the same thing. It states it could not validate coupon and wants you to continue with out it. But it would not even let me cancel the reservation. This is for a October rental

I just checked my reservation, the same thing is happening with mine. Any ideas on what can be done?

The coupon has been deactivated again. You can call to either cancel the reservation, keep the reservation and ask them to change coupons or play russian roulette and wait until you arrive at the rental car facility. The manager may choose to honor the rate or they may not. Either way, bake $50 extra into your budget for a worse case scenario if you choose to keep the reservation as is and do nothing.

I'm thinking I will just cancel the reservation and go with the full size I have. I will probably have to call to have it cancelled since i can not cancel it online.

you can use the as1 product code along with AD2833JMF (Entertainment book) which is $25 off thru the end of june. better than nothing.. or there is AD3868JST which is the same. There is also AU2291VYT which is a costco 1 class upgrade.

Keep in mind, the Entertainment book coupon is a paid coupon from purchasing a Entertainment book and they can ask you for your membership card. Your supposed to hand them the actual coupon out the Entertainment book. YMMV on this being enforced.

Most people haven't had an issue either the coupon if they have a print reservation showing the price. If not, we have a backup reservation for only $20 bucks more.

The same thing is happening with my reservation. I can't even check in without the promo code and losing the 50 bucks.

You may want to check it. I tried to change car class and alamo would not allow me to access it. I tried to check in online and it did the same thing. It states it could not validate coupon and wants you to continue with out it. But it would not even let me cancel the reservation. This is for a October rental

The gate attendant had to get an over-ride for my early May reservation @ MCO using the $50 coupon.

I was able to email Alamo via the 'contact us' section on website to modify a pickup time on our October reservation last month. They got back to me within a few hours.

Good news - I subsequently extended our Oct trip to two weeks. Bad news - didn't have the nerve to email them again. Back to square one for me haha. Had no issue cancelling the reservation.

Just an FYI--I had the same problem with my reservation being locked due to the $50 coupon. I called Alamo customer service, explained the situation, and he actually emailed me the original reservation, and said to take it to checkout at Alamo and they will honor it.

bit of an update. Today, I tried to checkin on Alamo for a reservation @ MYR the end of the month using the $50 coupon.

It was locked, I emailed customer service, got the standard reply quickly. Was told the coupon is now NOT being honored, ergo the inability to modify/checkin. Basically, told the reservations using the coupon are indeed valid, but they will not honor the coupon attached to the reservation as it's been effectively 'removed' by the system for lack of a better term.

Online reps can't modify a reservation. I was instructed to call Alamo and ask to modify my reservation by adding a new coupon code (used $25 one). No issue at all.

Paying an additional $25 overallbut the low weekly rental rate i found months ago is intact. Didn't feel like starting out my trip needing to dicker with the manager at the counter. sure not about to argue over paying $90 for weekly rental in a midsize. :)

I'm in the same boat. I used a $25 coupon though, not $50. I'd like to just cancel that reservation since I was able to get another one without a coupon for just a $5 difference. I've already checked in for the latter but it won't let me cancel the former. I really don't wanna call as I hate being on hold. What happens if I don't cancel it and just not use it? Is there a penalty?

I'm in the same boat. I used a $25 coupon though, not $50. I'd like to just cancel that reservation since I was able to get another one without a coupon for just a $5 difference. I've already checked in for the latter but it won't let me cancel the former. I really don't wanna call as I hate being on hold. What happens if I don't cancel it and just not use it? Is there a penalty?

did you prepay? did you sign into account & have a CC linked? if so, my comfort level would be to cancel it. Also, a courtesy as to having more cars in the general pool should equal lower rates for all.

I called around noon and wasn't on hold for more than a few minutes.

No, I didn't prepay, nor did I link a CC. I guess I'll call tomorrow. Thanks.

We have a car reserved with this coupon but would like to use the kiosk. Are we able to do this and be sure it's correct before leaving with the car?

Just called to cancel. It was pretty quick. I was never on hold. It was all automated. Just now waiting for cancellation email. Thanks!

did you prepay? did you sign into account & have a CC linked? if so, my comfort level would be to cancel it. Also, a courtesy as to having more cars in the general pool should equal lower rates for all.

I called around noon and wasn't on hold for more than a few minutes.

To Keishashado,

Please explain ... How having more cars in the general pool should equal lower rates for all ?

Did you mean .... there would be more cars in the garage pool available for customers ?

To Keishashado,

Please explain ... How having more cars in the general pool should equal lower rates for all ?

Did you mean .... there would be more cars in the garage pool available for customers ?

No firm evidence, just my reasoning that their pricing in part reflects the # of reservations they have booked/un booked inventory to move. I'm sure they allow for a percentage of no-shows in that pricing matrix but large number of multiple bookings that aren't cancelled could drive up the prices.

We have a car reserved with this coupon but would like to use the kiosk. Are we able to do this and be sure it's correct before leaving with the car?

Just guessing...

If you can't access the reservation online via your confirmation number, doubtful you could pull it up on their kiosks.

This is the reason I cancelled mine. it wouldn't let me check in online. I was able to book another car without a coupon for a $5 difference for 10 days. To me, not having to wait at the rental desk is worth more than $5. I'd gladly pay$50 more for not waiting in line. Check your rates without a coupon. It may be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter