If you have no ADR...try going early.

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisFam95, May 18, 2008.

1. DisFam95

DisFam95 DIS Veteran

We just returned from a week long stay!! we stayed at the WLV. We've never had a problem getting into AP before but w/ all the talk of required ADR's on the boards I tried to make more this time. I had been trying for a month to get a dinner for any night during our week but calling every day was consistently told earliest was 8:45. Not good w/ 2 young ones!

One night we went down right at opening (5:30) and asked how long it would be w/o a ressie. He said 5 minutes! :banana: . We were there about an hour and the place never got more than half full!

We saw it repeatedly on most nights...lots of space. So if you want a certain place..try getting there early and close to opening. We saw people walking into Le Cellier doing the same thing at 11:30 w/ no ressie and getting right in. It's inevitable that people run late of just change their plans.

Enjoy and good luck!

2. megrod74

megrod74 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Thanks for this tip!
    We are going next week for 5 days and don't have 1 ADR because we want to do a budget trip. However, it never fails that my DH gets tired of CS and will want to do sit down. And we have a 2yo so we can't do late dinners.
    Glad to know even with the DDP you can still walk in sometimes.
    (I realize we are going over a holiday so things may be different)

3. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

We had all of our ADR's, but were early a couple of times for them, they took us within minutes- and 1 time were 45 minutes early at Chef Mickey's. So even if you have ADR's they would still take us- which worked out for us!!:goodvibes

4. TLHB70

TLHB70 DIS Veteran

great to read this!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

5. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

Yeah, we didn't know about it either, but we figured we would try, and it worked!!! How are you, I'm Nikki- we were on the 9/15/07 cruise together, are you going to do another? We had so much fun!!:goodvibes