• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

if you had to skip one park???

pnltbox27

Earning My Ears
we are coming in the week of halloween for 7 days and the mnsshp so MK is covered , were doing 2 days at universal studios and the kids want to hit at least one water park and hollywood studios. we usually stay at the resort and chill for one day so that leaves only one day with EPCOT and ANIMAL KINGDOM left ,which park is more of a must do??? or is a park hopper worth it?? any opinoins are welcome

you don't say, but I assume you have been to both Epcot and AK previously? You do mention that the kids wanted to go to HS.
What's everyone's choice between the last 2?

How about going to Epcot late the day you are chilling out,and tour the World SHowcase during the evening. You could then use your last day at AK.
We never but hoppers- just our style is to do 1 park per day- if we leave, we return to that same park- not worth the extra $$$ for 6 people.

If I had to eliminate one...it would probably be AK. It's just always SSSOOO crowded and the walking trails are very difficult to navigate with a child in a wheelchair. I'm just not that thrilled with the park itself. We usually only do a half day here anyway.

The only thing worth doing in Animal Kingdom is Everest. Go there first thing in the morning if you want to ride it and then go do something else the rest of the day.

The problem with Animal Kingdom, to me, is that it is little more than a glorified zoo. In fact, my hometown Pittsburgh Zoo is much larger and while it doesn't have Mickey and the gang walking around it does have more interesting exhibits and very knowledgeable staff who can answer most questions you've got. There is also an aquarium that rivals the one at Epcot at the Pittsburgh Zoo. I've been to the Cleveland Zoo as well and was impressed with that one too, moreso than I was with Animal Kingdom.

You won't find another Epcot anywhere. Go take advantage of the opportunity to go around the world, enjoy cuisine from your favorite country, and ride Soarin' and Test Track.

I'd drop epcot, particularly if your kids like rides. So little there in that way. Also, so much walking around a giant mall (world showcase). Its neatish to see, but nothing spectacular.

AK has a lot to do and is far easier to get around than epcot because its so much smaller in terms of how far you walk. Also two great shows there, Nemo and Flightso of Wonder. Probably the best 2 on disney property. The safaris and animal trails are amazing. As is EE.

I would skip EPCOT just b/c most kids dont enjoy it that much. I didn't when I was a kid, but I do now.princess:

Animal Kingdom is a big yawner, in my opinion anyway. And, I swear, when you go in the summer, it is like 20 degrees HOTTER in that park!

If your family is REALLY into Zoos and animals then go to Animal Kingdom- but we would pick EPCOT to go to. There is SO much more to do at EPCOT AND they have longer hours and fireworks! :thumbsup2

personally I would skip Animal Kingdom.
but for kids AK might be a better choice than Epcot.

I'd leave out AK and do Epcot. You could hop if you wanted to, but I find it takes up too much time, and I have a hard time doing in Epcot in only one day let alone 3/4 or 1/2. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip either way!

Well, personally I cannot imagine a trip to Disney World without visiting all the parks. I love all of them (and despite what everyone else is saying on here AK is my second favorite park).

I know, I'm no help...

why not do AK on your normal chill day, just visit it for half a day, leave at 1ish, your still have plenty of time to just hang out and swim at the resort

I would skip the water park to do both Epcot and AK. Your family may have different priorities, but there is no way I would give up a major park for a water park.

Most people won't agree with my DW and I, but we would much rather do both AK and Epcot than DHS. To us, HS was just too pop America and too much like being in the middle of a city, while AK was lush, organic, and green, and Epcot was good and educational.

AK ended up being our favorite park because of the look of the park and because of all of the walking trails (both marked and hidden) throughout the park. As for rides, we loved the safari and the rapids, and I enjoyed EE (DW can't ride roller coasters due to a medical condition). We also went to Rafiki's planet watch several times to pet the goats and sheep. Dino-land, however, didn't interest us at all.

I would do AK during the day and EPCOT at night. AK closes early anyhow so you would be able to see EPCOT for a few hours and catch Illuminations.

Have fun!

Yeah, I agree with pps that said to take a half day and do AK. Don't skip EPCOT, it's really a great park. My kids LOVE Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Sorin', Journey Into Imagination (Figment Rocks!!!!), etc. So my kids would NEVER want to skip EPCOT.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter