If you had to skip one of the 4 major parks, which would it be?

It's a tough call but I'd have to go with Disney Studios. I love the Rock n Roller Coaster but the theme is my least favorite.

I would skip AK. If you have small boys I could see skipping the studios. I have 2 girls and they love Mermaid,Great movie ride,BATB,Playhouse Disney,Star Tours and the parade. We all love Fantasmic.

I guess I'd have to say the Studios as well. Outside of RnRC, ToT, and Fantasmic there aren't any absolute 'musts' there right now. (Don't get me wrong, I love the muppets and many of the other attractions - just not as much as the other parks I suppose)

As for AK, I don't know if it makes a difference that I don't have kids, but I find that park to be a very richly rewarding experience. I can easily spend a day wandering the park at my pace, enjoying the details and all of the animal experiences, and really soaking in the Disney atmosphere at what feels like a more relaxed speed. Could be just me, though!

I'd skip MGM. Half a day was more than enough for us. ;)

If I had to skip one it would be AK or MGM. AK because it closes earlier then the others. MGM because that is the park with the fewest of my fav attractions

I'd skip the Studios. Only a few shows/rides the kids and I enjoy, and we don't enjoy the theming. We can never spend more than half a day here.

In contrast, we usually spend a day and a half or 2 full days in AK. Love the theming, enjoy all the rides/shows, and could spend hours just wandering the trails and watching the animals.

MGM, none of us has ever warmed to it & we don't ride ToT or RnRC, so there's not a lot left for us. We gave it a real concerted effort on our last trip & all said we'd skip it next time. Maybe we'll just make a run to hit TSM or anything else new next time, unless we would go back for Fantasmic.

I think I would skip MGM because my kids are 4 yrs and 2 yrs and there's more for them at the other parks. Does that sound about right?

When dd was 3, we skipped AK. Next trip, when she's 4, we're skipping MGM. The reason is that there's just not much for her to do there to justify the time. She can't go on ToT, RR, or Star Tours. I love the Great Movie Ride, but she hated the alien part when she was 3 so I wouldn't go on that. She loved Mermaid, but I'm hoping Lion King and Nemo at AK will make up for that. Also, I think the Safari will be a big hit as will the petting zoo, walking trail section.

But either way, I'd plan on spending as much time at the MK as needed - My guess is that will be their favorite by far.

As far as epcot, you've got the new SE, UoE, Figment, the land, Seas w/ Nemo, Crush, Lion King Movie, etc. So there should be more to do there than MGM.

I think I would skip MGM because my kids are 4 yrs and 2 yrs and there's more for them at the other parks. Does that sound about right?

As an adult, if I had to, I'd skip studios. DH and I are only doing a half day there to do TOT, RR, Star Tours, and Fantasmic. Everything else doesn't interest us. However, if we had small children, I'd skip Epcot. (Esp. with yours being as young as they are!)

Good luck!

If we had to, we'd skip Epcot. DH does not care for it at all. Personally, I'd rather just spend a half day at Epcot and the DHS. We really only like ToT and RRC at DHS, but DH feels compelled to ride those at least 3 times per day. We love AK and MK, so we could never skip those.

Order of Preference
1) Magic Kingdom
2) Animal Kingdom -- quickly becoming a new favorite!
3) Disney's Hollywood Studios
4) Epcot

I guess I'd have to say the Studios as well. Outside of RnRC, ToT, and Fantasmic there aren't any absolute 'musts' there right now. (Don't get me wrong, I love the muppets and many of the other attractions - just not as much as the other parks I suppose)

As for AK, I don't know if it makes a difference that I don't have kids, but I find that park to be a very richly rewarding experience. I can easily spend a day wandering the park at my pace, enjoying the details and all of the animal experiences, and really soaking in the Disney atmosphere at what feels like a more relaxed speed. Could be just me, though!

:rotfl: ...I think its that you don't have kids...I love AK and Epcot they are my two favorite parks and for the same reasons you like AK. If I had to skip a park I would say HS, but I would prefer not to skip any park cuase they all are unique and have there own highlights.

With kids those ages I would skip AK and take in DHS - my kids love DHS even at that age. Especially the Playhouse Disney show.

If we had to, we'd skip Epcot. DH does not care for it at all. Personally, I'd rather just spend a half day at Epcot and the DHS. We really only like ToT and RRC at DHS, but DH feels compelled to ride those at least 3 times per day. We love AK and MK, so we could never skip those.

I, personally, would NEVER skip Epcot, in fact I usually spend 2-3 full days there. My 4 year old loved Nemo, and Figment, and Soarin' and The Land. KidCot stations in WS are great for the kids, as well as all the fountains to play in.

I'd skip Hollywood Studios. I have a four year old DS and all we really do there is see Playhouse Disney and Beauty and the Beast. And, honestly, he's pretty much done with the Playhouse Disney show, I think. We wander around and do other things sometimes just because we're already there, but I could easily scratch it off my list if time was an issue.

Animal Kingdom. It's our least favorite, although there are things there we enjoy too. Like Festival of the Lion King and the Safari Ride and Bug's Life. But if we had to choose, this would be the one. Fortunately, we don't this time as we are having about 6-7 days in the parks. :)

If I HAD to skip a park with kids my age I guess it would be.....I don't know. Seriously the only park that is a must do for me and my dd2 is MK. After that she LOVES AK, so that is a must do. At both DHS and Epcot there is only a couple of things to do with her. Luckily she is a good napper and sleeps in her stroller so we do adult stuff during that part. I was going to say Epcot, but she LOVES Nemo and the seas, so that wouldn't work. So then I was going to say DHS, but she LOVES Playhouse Disney. THe new show is excellent for kids as it is now current. So I guess I wouldn't skip any park and if someone was twisting my arm I would be hard pressed to pick one, even if it was just me I love something about every park! :)

Where in Pennsylvania are you from, wdwfanatic80? I live just north of Pittsburgh . . .

Studios.

It's fun, and we enjoy many of the attractions there, but it doesn't capture our imagination the way the other three do. Somehow, the fact that the sets are all obvious sets takes away from the immersion, or something. My youngest is also not quite old enough to enjoy Tower and Coaster, and other than maybe Star Tours and Mermaid, the rest of the attractions there are just "okay".

Pixar Place and the redesigned ABC Theater may change that, with a much more focused sense of place and another attraction or two. We'll see.

I would skip AK - it's alot of walking for kids, who, in my opinion, will get bored and whiny really fast there. They need to get more attractions, so it's not a huge hike from one thing to the next.;)

i'd so hate to skip 1 of the parks!.

but, i guess i'd have to say...mgm. it's got star tours, and i love that atraction, but compare 1 ride to loads of cool rides at WDW, or epcot, yeah....you get the picture

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter