• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had one afternoon/evening to spend solo on wdw property, where would you go?

rlauderd

Earning My Ears
Hello all!
I have a conference in Orlando in May and will have an afternoon and evening free on the 14th (a Wednesday). I am thinking of making a solo trip to wdw but can't decide which place(s) to visit. I have been to all the parks with family in the past year and loved it. I think I would enjoy returning to any of them solo. I have never been to any of the spas, etc., so that's a possibility too. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rebecca

I would either walk around the Countries at Epcot World Showcase - Flower and Garden show has some food kiosks that would give you a great taste of some different food items - or check out the Shops on Mainstreet and catch the fireworks. Everybody seems to rush me thru both those areas and I would really enjoy a relaxed and unhurried stroll thru all the shops and such.

I agree I would go to EPCOT since it Flower and Garden time, it only there this time of the year and it so pretty. I'm going in 28 days and can't wait :)

I just can't pass up magic kingdom! Although I've never done a solo trip I have daydreamed about it, I think there is so much to see and soak up that is often missed, like pp said the shops on main are so amazing, never realized just how much cool stuff there was until I went without the kids, my husband and I strolled around for hours and even sat and watched people walk around. I would also recommend a tour! It's a great way to enjoy the park without feeling so alone :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would love to spend some solo time at WS. Wandering through the countries and looking for unique items to buy.

I'd probably look for a way to stay longer, but if it has to be just the one day, I'd spend the afternoon at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, and the evening at the Magic Kingdom checking out the new Fantasyland!

I love Animal Kingdom and could spend ages watching the animals so that would be my pick! If I had time I would pop over to AKL afterward for dinner :goodvibes

I think I would say Epcot as well. By the time you get there, it will be near impossible without long wait times to ride any attractions at some of the parks and the flower and garden festival is really pretty. Get a passport and visit all the booths in World showcase, grab a glass of wine or beer or a specialty drink and enjoy.

I am another one for Epcot. You can walk around the park and take in any performances and have a beverage and a bite to eat. My close second choice would be AK. Both parks have enough to take in visually without actually having to worry about whether you make it on to any rides.

Twice I've done Epcot solo, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. I can stroll around at my leisure, and the people-watching is awesome. I've been known to grab a mug of beer from Germany and park myself on one of the benches around the lake and just enjoy the view. It's great for absorbing that Disney feeling.

Definitely Epcot.
I have a passion for Science.
And.
An unbridled love for food.

A close Second would be Space mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter