1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

If you had $15,000 to spend on DVC

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Nursejilly, Jun 19, 2013.

1. derricksonb

derricksonb Mouseketeer

Thanks. I'll update my info. This may change my strategy for my next round of points purchasing.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. dmunsil

dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

BLT is $4.50/pt and VGF is $5.41/pt in dues for 2013. I think you have last year's dues for BLT and VGC (Grand Californian, not Floridian).

4. goneviral

goneviral Earning My Ears

We have been exploring the structure of the current Florida/South Carolina/Tennessee timeshare economy for exactly this reason. I have a big family as well as a network of tight-knit friends across four continents. I like the idea of being able to have vacation options available for them that cost me little. Since my wife and I are in our 40s and (unfortunately) childless, we have some financial freedom in this regard. Florida and the beaches of South Carolina are where we like to go (along with Cedar Point) while Pigeon Forge is close to where we are so friends/family can visit there while we meet them to hang out for the day. The back door into DVC is why I mentioned it (well, elaborated upon it) here as a viable option. I fully appreciate that solution will not work for most people here but for those who want to explore other alternatives, it is something to consider.

5. goneviral

goneviral Earning My Ears

I've bookmarked this link. Thank you for the information.

6. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

If choosing between VGF and BLT, I'd probably pick VGF.

I do like that you can walk from BLT to MK, but that isn't a real high priority.

7. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

Since I already have BLT, I will buy VGF but I am not in love with VGF so if I really wanted to buy direct, I will save my money for now and wait for Poly.

Anything other that brand new resorts, I will most likely buy resale.

8. e46m3

e46m3 Mouseketeer

It depends how flexible you are. If very flexible buy SSR resalse. Otherwise, buy where you want to stay.

9. rmcildw2m

rmcildw2m DIS Veteran

If that was the only choice it would be BLT for me . Otherwise AKL would be my first choice .