If you don't have a hopper ticket can you just use two "days" of your regular ticket?

Leigha

DIS Veteran
My sister is on her way now and didn't get the hopper option. Can she just use two days of her regular ticket to do two parks in one day? Thanks!

No, sorry it doesn't work that way. She could buy a one day pass each day.

Have a great time!!! :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Does anyone know where I could read more about it? Has anyone tried it and had it work out or not work out?

All the official and unofficial sources say that you cannot use two "days" off of a non-hopping multi-day pass to visit two theme parks on the same day.

It is possible that a turnstile malfunction on a specific day at a specific park might allow you to park-hop contrary to what I just said.

You can read more about it right here: Disney's turnstile computers are programmed to prevent Guests from using two days' on a non-hopper pass to enter two different parks the same day. When/if she tries to enter the second park, her ticket will be rejected. She'll be given the option to go to Guest Services nearby and upgrade her pass to include the hopper option, or she can go back to the first park she visited that day.

:wave: Yep, the posters above are right - from allearsnet.com:

Am I allowed to use two days off of my MYW Base ticket (non-hopping) if I decide I want to go to a second park on the same day as the first?

No you are not. The tickets are sold and the computer system is based on the number of days you have, not the number of park visits. Once you have used a non-park hopping ticket at any park, the computer system will not let you use it at another park on the same day.

Do you really think Disney wouldn't make sure you can't hop without a park hopping ticket?

If that was the case, noone would ever buy a park-hopping ticket.

She could just go to guest relations and add the hopper to the tickets. I think its $45 to add park hopping per day. Customer service can tell you the exact price .

It's even a better bargain than that, Temair. It's $45 (plus tax, of course :)) for however many days the ticket is valid. $45 more to hop on a one-day pass, $45 more to hop on a ten-day pass.

Can you wait to add the hopper until you need it? I can't decide if we need it or not, and it'd be great to not pay for it until I'm standing at the gate of the 2nd park of the day - just to see if we really end up going to a 2nd park of the day. Is there any reason I can't add it at the last minute? After I add it, I'll try harder to hop the rest of the trip, but if it isn't needed, I'd like to not pay for it. Is this ok? :confused3

Call your sister and tell her to upgrade at the resort. I screwed up on our honeymoon and didn't get the park hopper (stupid MYW passes confused me). It cost $34 per ticket for the entire week (the price is up to $45 now, but it's very easy.

AB&Me said:
Can you wait to add the hopper until you need it? I can't decide if we need it or not, and it'd be great to not pay for it until I'm standing at the gate of the 2nd park of the day - just to see if we really end up going to a 2nd park of the day. Is there any reason I can't add it at the last minute? After I add it, I'll try harder to hop the rest of the trip, but if it isn't needed, I'd like to not pay for it. Is this ok? :confused3

I also would like to know this answer....

AB&Me said:

According to mousesavers.com...yes!
I was wonder the same and found the info there. This only makes business sense to have the option available as a later purchase in case customers change their mind to park hop later.

I did some serious number crunching last night. See below:
NewPicture.jpg

There is a $185 difference between purchasing a base ticket only and purchasing a base ticket with the PH option (based on one 4-day base ticket).

There is a $2 price difference between how you purchase a PH option... So if you're undecided to park hop... no worries:
1) Purchasing the PH option and the base ticket simultaneously (43 dollars)
2) Purchasing the PH option after purchasing the base ticket (45 dollars)

TazFan

Yes you can wait until you reach the second park you want to visit and then add the hopping.

Something new? Or was I ignorant? I'm told you can add hopping for the same approx. $45. per card, even on your second vacation using a Magic Your Way ticket with non-expiration, as opposed to having to have made up your mind within 14 days of first usage.

Leigha said:
Does anyone know where I could read more about it? Has anyone tried it and had it work out or not work out?

1) Several people already said it won't work.
2) And it won't

So to add a child's hopper is the same price as adding an adult hopper, right? Still $45 - plus tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter