• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could pick one foreign DL to go to, which would you chose and why?

Tokyo looks pretty cool. I'd go there if I could work out how to eat (severe food allergies that make most Asian cuisine risky).

There is pretty much every food under the sun at Tokyo Disneyland-- I tend to not like most Asian foods, and I had no problem finding something to eat for every meal during a five-day stay.

I've been lucky enough to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, and they are without a doubt the finest theme parks I have ever been in. DisneySea is something I wish every Disney fan could see at least once in their lives; it's unlike any other Disney park. I would travel back to Tokyo in a heartbeat just to go there if I could. I know a lot of people have mentioned the cost, but, truthfully, Tokyo Disneyland isn't any more expensive than visiting the US parks, other than the cost of the flight. In some respects, it's even cheaper-- tickets are priced much lower than the ticket prices of the US parks. We found it very affordable.

Tokyo! Especially Disney Sea. I've yet to hear a trip report that had a negative review of Tokyo. And I've heard many that say Disney Sea is absolutely incredible.

Tokyo for sure. I've been to DLP twice and it sucked both times.

Having been to Paris and Hong Kong already, definitely need to get to Tokyo. Then Shanghai

Tokyo is next on our bucket list, however a Euro tour is more likely in the next few years. I am torn because I was born In Germany and have pictures of myself on the Eiffel Tower when I was 1, but have not been back at all. I have been to Tokyo twice, not to any of the parks, and I would go back just for the culture and the people and the food in a heartbeat. Not sure I would say the same of Paris even though the architecture and food are amazing.

Have you booked rooms yet? I'd recommend staying in the little 'good neighbor' town that's right next to the park. We had a great deal at the Hôtel l’Elysée Val d’Europe and we loved it. Disneyland Paris is about a 30 minute drive from the Eiffel Tower sans traffic, so we liked being near Disneyland - right next to the train station too!

I'm actually staying at a hotel right across from the train station is Paris then catching the shuttle from that same station that will take me to DLP the next morning. It will return me that night and the next morning I'll walk across the street and grab the train back to London. I thought about using DL as my home base for those days but the train times in September are not great on the London/DLP route. Better times on the London/Paris routes that gave me more time.

Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland for sure! The theming, rides and parades are meant to be phenomenal! One day...

I would pick Shanghai. With all the new construction and technology it's sure to be a great park!

I've been to all of them (so far ;)): Hong Kong once, Paris and Tokyo both twice. I would pick Tokyo to do again. From a purely Disney perspective: (1) DisneySea is AMAZING! It's my DH's favorite park and my second favorite park behind Disneyland. (2) There are lots of rides that don't show up in any other park, (3) I love Winnie the Pooh at TDL, (4) You can stay at a Hilton property or Sheraton property with easy monorail access right to the parks.

From a non-Disney perspective, I love Japan.

I'm not super interested in the foreign Disney parks, but after all the good things I've heard about Tokyo, I'd probably pick it if I had to choose.

Tokyo, if I had to choose one, HANDS DOWN! Everything I've read about/seen pictures of is absolutely incredible, and having Disneysea, which is the only place you can find it, is a major pull, and the park is GORGEOUS.
Luckily, we're doing all the Asia parks this fall, so we won't have to choose!

Man! I guess I need to broaden my horizons a little! My goal at this point is just to get my family to WDW! But now I need to google some of the places you've mentioned. I've never even considered them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter