• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could pick any resort...

singjenn

Let's go to Disney!
I'm wondering...

If y'all could pick ANY resort regardless of money, BUT take into consideration, location, food choices, theming etc.... which Disney Resort would you pick and why?

The Boardwalk. Great atmosphere, and being able to walk to EPCOT is a huge bonus for me (esp if you had a few too many drinks at the World Showcase:) Plus Kouzzina's is an amazing place to have breakfast.

-Hellstrom

GF

having a room that looks out towards the castle

monorail right there

love the decor/atmosphere

The Boardwalk. Great atmosphere, and being able to walk to EPCOT is a huge bonus for me (esp if you had a few too many drinks at the World Showcase:) Plus Kouzzina's is an amazing place to have breakfast.

-Hellstrom

I'm kind of dumb when it comes to the Boardwalk... Are you referring to the resort or the hotels that are along the Boardwalk?

POLY!
I would choose it because of the food, location, ambiance, and theme.

It's funny because before I ever stayed there I always made fun of it saying it reminded me of when the Brady Bunch went to Hawaii. :lmao: It was not my style and I never understood why so many people loved it. Then out of curiosity and being able to use a good discount I booked it and had a fantastic stay there. The Gf had always been my favorite deluxe resort but after our Poly stay that changed!

The Polynesian.

I'd stay there every visit for the rest of my life if we could afford it. I didn't understand the allure either, until we stayed there last August. We all feel in love with it. Our sons now ask "when are we going back to the Polynesian" instead of "when are we going back to Disney"?

We love: the theming, the food (Ohana's has always been a favorite), that it is a monorail resort, short walk to the TTC, Volcano pool, watching Wishes from the beach, the excellent margarita's at the pool bar, renting boats and the hammocks along the beach. There is so much there that we love. Hoping to return there in May 2012 with my parents.

Wilderness Lodge. It looks awesome and the boat to MK is great. It is a quick boat ride and a monorail ride to Epcot. So nice to skip the buses for most of the trip.

We loved our stay at Poly, so I would go back there- CL of course :goodvibes
Other picks would be GF MK view CL, and BC/YC water view CL!!
CL- if we're dreaming, may as well go big or go home :laughing:

Haven't tried GF or BC/YC yet, and would like to. We are booked for 5 nights at BC for Aug. -GV room and looking forward to trying an Epcot resort.

Love the BW. Love the whole area! Close to many restaurants, bars and EPCOT!
Poly great restaurants and bar. Monorail.
WL love the theme and boat to MK is so convient!
In that order. The BW wins because we spend so much time at EPCOT. We also liked the YC but the BW seems a little more laid back.
Of course with no $$ worries we would go for suites and the best dining plan available! Oh yea and concierge too..........DUH

The Poly :goodvibes. We love the location, the tropical atmosphere, the pool, the beach, and the restaurants :wizard:. For us, it doesn't get any better than relaxing in a hammock on the Poly beach :cloud9:.

It would be a tie between Poly and CR. We love both, and it would be hard to choose. Poly is the first on-site resort at which we stayed, and CR is the first resort at which we stayed with our two older children.

Can't beat the convenience and being on the monorail line. Both resorts are Magical :teeth:

One and one only -- no other holds a candle -- the Poly. :goodvibes

There are alot of votes for the Poly.... I wouldn't say I'm surprised that much, but I am surprised I didn't see any votes for AKL.

I always sort of overlooked the Poly because of the food choices. That's why I like trhe Vale and Moderate so much. I love the food courts.

If I had to pick a Deluxe I like the WL, but I have never stayted at a Deluxe Resort before so that's just by looks and location.

I'm very torn between AKL SV room and CR MK view on this one...but I think AKL would win...maybe...

I guess it depends. For a resort centric trip, definitely AKL. For a park trip, definitely CR. If I had to pick ONLY one...AKL.

we stayed at beach club villas, pool view. it was just beautiful! and such a short walk to epcot. storm a long bay is so-so for us (2 adults) but most love it. we were quite happy with the size and decor of the villas pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter