• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could live anywhere in the US, where would you live?

DH is always saying he wants to move out there. We may just have to make a trip out there to check it out. I just don't like the thought of being so far away from WDW :worried:
It seems far but it's only about 5 1/2 hours on a direct flight. And Disneyland is only 2 1/2! We still manage to make it to WDW about once a year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nice to see the love for the Seattle and Portland area. Every time I fly home and see the mountains and the water I think "this is the most beautiful place to live". Love living here and can't imagine ever leaving, but a 2 month annual stay in Hawaii or Florida every January would be most welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I grew up in Eugene. I absolutely love the Pacific NW in the summer. I just couldn't handle going months without seeing the sun in the winter. 9 months out of the year, I greatly prefer the weather in NC. But I sure miss having real mountains sometimes.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin in the summer and fall.

Los Angeles in the winter and spring. (For all of my back and knee issues.) But I would need a full-time driver. And I would stay at the Grand Californian for at least part of that.

Colorado is pretty awesome, but the cold spell we had about a week ago just about did us in!

We lived in Santa Clarita, CA (just north of LA - by Magic Mountain)for the first 6years of our marriage, and I would love to go back after retirement. We have some great friends there.

But my real question is for all you who love Florida/Savannah (my Mom is from Savannah :) how do you deal with the humidity?? I cannot take humidity for a second.

a place where it is relative warm year round, and not as expensive as Hawaii, and doesn't have the horrible humidity of Flordia.

Hmmm
78 outside today.

wait..what?:lmao:

The out skirts of Knoxville Tennesse near lake Norris. I look at Realtor.com and browse houses all the time. I've lived in the same town my whole life and would love to try somewhere else!;)

If not for family, maybe split time between Ft Collins and Clearwater Beach (or somewhere close).

I am Canadian,and plan to purchase a home somewhere in Florida in the future. I know lots of people who have done this and spend the winter months there during their retirement to escape having to shovel snow :) I would definitely want to be close to Orlando.

However, I would not want to reside in the US permanently.

Asheville, N.C. -- love the mountains and Asheville has great food, arts, and character...in no specific order!

Fairhope, Alabama or Magnolia Springs, Alabama. Visited both for the first time this past summer and absolutely loved it. I've lived my whole life in the mountains...I'm ready for warm and coastal (ish) living.

Savannah, GA owns my heart. Visited a few times, absolutely adore their historical area, along with their downtown. I'd move tomorrow if I could.

Savannah, GA owns my heart. Visited a few times, absolutely adore their historical area, along with their downtown. I'd move tomorrow if I could.

This! If I could live anywhere in the US...$$ being no object...it would be Savannah. But if $$ is a factor, DH likes the states with no state income tax and we like the south...so Florida it is (and that is where we plan to go once the kids are done HS...we just need to figure out where in FL).

An apartment in NYC (Manhattan), either Upper East Side or West Village for part of the year, and then downtown Orlando or Windermere, FL for the other part of the year :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter