If You Could Change FP+???

What Would You Change About Fastpass?

• More Selections At Time of Initial Booking?

• Make Ride Selections Only 30 Days Before? (Less Days)

• Make Ride Selections 120 Days Before? (More Days)

• Ability To Choose More Than One Headliner?

• Ability To Choose A Ride More Than Once For Same Day?

• Ability To Book Them Based Upon Your Reservation and Not Park Ticket Being Tied?

• Ability To Book Attractions In Multiple Parks?

• A Choice of 3 Rides, Plus One Character Meet, Plus One Parade or Fireworks Viewing?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maleficent Dragon

Member Since 2004; lost previous login.
If you could have Disney change just one thing about FP+, which of these options would you choose? Pick your top 2.

(Yes, I would like for them to go back to the old system, but we know they will not and so that is not an option)

-Everyone has 30 days in advance to select. Including meal reservations too. No one should have to decide where and what time they want to eat or what park and ride they want to do more than 30 days in advance

- No tiering. First come first serve. Don't get a headliner, oh well, should've booked earlier. Hate having to waste a fp on rides or shows that don't need a fp

-able to make extra selections off your phone

-Everyone has 30 days in advance to select. Including meal reservations too. No one should have to decide where and what time they want to eat or what park and ride they want to do more than 30 days in advance

I look at that kinda the way I look at leaning out a window in a skyscraper.
Once you're above the 4th floor, or so, if you fall, you're gone.
So it really doesn't matter if it's 180th floor, 60th floor, 30th floor, or 10th floor.

With WDW, it really doesn't matter if it's 180 days, 60 days, 30 days, or 10 days…
If I have to decide some distance in advance, I don't much favor how far that distance is.
I STILL have to GUESS what I'll be doing well before I'm actually there.

I'd like to be able to book 5 instead of 3. I'm perfectly willing to have tiers. The standby lines at the secondary rides have got way to long...

I ended up selecting being able to select more at the initial booking time and being able to choose a ride more than once in a day. Personally, I would like for them to change it to where you book your FP+ selections the morning of an hour before the park opens. Then, you can have 3 out at any time. So, if you have a fast pass of Soarin' at 9:30, Spaceship Earth at 11:00, and Turtle Talk at 2:00, as soon as you scan your band for Soarin', you can go on your phone (because all FP+ reservations need to be available through your phone via the app) and book another FP+ for the day. So let's say that you book Mission Space for noon. Then, as soon as you scan your band for Spaceship Earth, you can log on to your phone and select a fifth fast pass for the day. No limits. No standing in a kiosk line if you have a smart phone.

I ended up selecting being able to select more at the initial booking time and being able to choose a ride more than once in a day. Personally, I would like for them to change it to where you book your FP+ selections the morning of an hour before the park opens. Then, you can have 3 out at any time. So, if you have a fast pass of Soarin' at 9:30, Spaceship Earth at 11:00, and Turtle Talk at 2:00, as soon as you scan your band for Soarin', you can go on your phone (because all FP+ reservations need to be available through your phone via the app) and book another FP+ for the day. So let's say that you book Mission Space for noon. Then, as soon as you scan your band for Spaceship Earth, you can log on to your phone and select a fifth fast pass for the day. No limits. No standing in a kiosk line if you have a smart phone.

Not everybody uses smartphones. Limiting people for not having a certain technology would most likely never come to fruition.

I want to be able to make fast passes at multiple parks on the same day. That's why I have park hopper! This limitation makes me a sad panda.

It seems silly for Disney to have this limitation on booking FPs and yet still sell the hopper option... and at the price they do.

Get rid of the tiering, especially for Hollywood Studios! We always seem to make one throwaway FP for something that otherwise has a walkup standby line in HS because of their baffling tier 1 designations. (TSMM and RnRC make sense... but why Movie Ride?!)

Order of preference of changes (but I want them all :rotfl2:)
Ability To Book Attractions In Multiple Parks?
A Choice of 3 Rides, Plus One Character Meet, Plus One Parade or Fireworks Viewing

More Selections At Time of Initial Booking?
Ability To Choose More Than One Headliner?
Ability To Choose A Ride More Than Once For Same Day

Probably nether specifically but I would like ADR's timing to be in line (so my ADR window opens at the same time my FP+ window does)

Ability To Book Them Based Upon Your Reservation and Not Park Ticket Being Tied?-Can you expand on what you mean by this?

I vote for no more than 30 days for all too. It feels like Disney is really trying to strong arm you into staying at one their resorts by offering 60 days. You either stay there, or pick over what's left for the rest of the general public. Some families can barely afford the parks alone, never mind the resorts. They are left with little choice but to rush at RD and forget the idea of riding a new popular attraction a second time or at a time that works better. While I can afford it, I choose to stay elsewhere because others in my party can't exactly, and it helps save some money.
I think it really sucks that for my granddaughter to meet A&E, we'll be forced to stand in line because FP are long gone before we even have a shot at them. This whole having to preplan everything weeks in advance and what amounts to a sort of punishment for not staying at their resorts, really takes something away from the whole experience. We've been loyal guests for close to 30 years, going many times, and we as a family for one don't like what this has become. I don't think ol' Walt had this in mind as part of his vision back when he started It all.

Only 1 prescheduled. It's a rolling 1 after you enter the park and use or cancel the prior 1.

Not everyone has smartphones, say, my mom and dad. I don't want to be standing in the middle of MK all day staring at my phone trying to book another ride.
Just saying.
My wish is that I pay extra to go to two or more parks per day (why? I can only shop/ride/eat in one park at a time) PH should include three FP+ per park or make PH free.
Other than PH I love the new FP+ system.

The thing I think would be of most benefit is not listed. It's making the FP+ return time a 2 hour window instead of one hour. I think that would significantly reduce the feeling of being over scheduled. If they were to implement this change, the would also have to allow overlapping booking times for ADR's and attractions. But, I think people are smart enough to plan their days without Disney's built in controls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter