If you booked 2 or more GTY rooms

If you booked 2 or more GTY rooms how did DCL handle your room assignment?

• Rooms were together- (connecting or next door)

• Rooms were close but not right together

• Rooms were NOT close but on same deck

• Rooms were on separate decks

• Booked different categories (ex: veranda 7a-GTY & inside 11c-GTY) -rooms were close together

• Booked different categories- rooms were far but on same deck

• Booked different categories- rooms were on separate decks

• Booked more than two rooms- they were all close together

• Booked more than two rooms- some were close together

• Booked more than two rooms- rooms were far or on separate decks

Results are only viewable after voting.

mddisneyfamily

Mouseketeer
I started another thread on this topic but thought it would be helpful to see results in poll form. -So- If you booked 2 or more GTY rooms how did DCL handle your room assignment?

I understand that the rooms aren't guaranteed to be together but that DCL will usually try.

My husband and I and our four kids (6, 10, 11 and 14) would like to book the Fantasy this June, 2012 but all that's available in our price range for our date is GTY. We really wanted one veranda for us and our youngest with an inside across the hall for the older kids, although I'm thinking we will have a better shot at being together if it's 2 verandas. My husband and I will split up if necessary :-(

I wish we could have planned this earlier so I could have just chosen our rooms. We originally booked our cruise for July onboard back in November but unfortunately summer plans changed and we have to move it up a month to June- now the room categories we want are GTY.

So far the response looks encouraging :-) It won't ruin our vacation if we're not together, but it would really be nice...

I haven't read of anyone with bad results since April, 2009! I think they learned their lesson in March of that year.

We did GTY last year and when the room assignments came they were on different decks one aft and one midship. We called DCL and wanted to see if there was anyway to get them a bit closer. After speaking to a manager, we had connecting rooms. But we did this within the week our rooms were assigned.

We did GTY last year and when the room assignments came they were on different decks one aft and one midship. We called DCL and wanted to see if there was anyway to get them a bit closer. After speaking to a manager, we had connecting rooms. But we did this within the week our rooms were assigned.

That's encouraging that they are willing to make a change. Were your reservations always linked? Wonder why they didn't put you together in the first place.

That's encouraging that they are willing to make a change. Were your reservations always linked? Wonder why they didn't put you together in the first place.

We had four adults and only one child, and although they were linked, it was also two separate charges, so maybe that's why...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter