If you are looking for something to have signed on board....

erosenst

Mouseketeer
....this might work well. VERY lightweight so it's easy to pack. Not 100% sure that it's wide enough for all the characters to sign. Debating whether I'm keeping the one I found - neither DH and DD think it's something they would want as a 'memento'. (DH thinks it should be more direcly Disney related, not 'cruise' related - but he's very literal like that. At all times. But that's a different post on a different thread ;).)

http://www.target.com/p/anchor-with-rope-natural/-/A-16625171#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=anchor

It will be a conversation piece for sure. I would never have thought of using that..
Great idea.

....this might work well. VERY lightweight so it's easy to pack. Not 100% sure that it's wide enough for all the characters to sign. Debating whether I'm keeping the one I found - neither DH and DD think it's something they would want as a 'memento'. (DH thinks it should be more direcly Disney related, not 'cruise' related - but he's very literal like that. At all times. But that's a different post on a different thread ;).)

http://www.target.com/p/anchor-with-rope-natural/-/A-16625171#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=anchor

I LOVE it!! How narrow are the writing areas? It looks like at least 2", which is perhaps tight but I think would work... It also happens to have a coupon (10% off till 11:59pm PT) and there's free shipping on orders over $25 if you can find something else to buy, too :-) Do you think signatures will work well w/ just a normal Sharpie?

Sorry -just saw this. I'm not by the anchor now, but guessing 1.5 -2" in most spots. Planning to use regular sharpies - maybe red, yellow and black to match the DCL colors.

Thanks. I'm trying to be more creative with my autograph ideas... while looking for more anchors on Amazon, I also came across life preservers (decorative, not real ones), which I thought could also work. Thanks for getting my creativity going!

Just have to follow-up that I've seen this in person and I think it'll work perfectly well w/ a Sharpie since the paint finish is more matte than glossy. As long as the characters don't write too big, it'll work out great. It's not a very small item (15"x12") but is wonderfully lightweight. It also happens to be on sale again (10% off) but only for a few more days. I didn't get it earlier but after seeing it in the store was waiting for a sale and now's my chance!

You can get wooden anchors at Michael's, AC Moore, etc. They are much less expensive than this one, and offer a wider area for them to sign. I bought a letter (our last name initial), and will have them sign that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter