If you are hosting! How much do you spend for thanksgiving day groceries?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by HeatherC, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Grammyof2

Grammyof2 <font color=deeppink>Best Woo Hootier that ever wo

I have spent $340.00 so far but still need to pick up the centerpieces, wine, beer and ingredients for eggnog. When it is all said and done about $500 - $550.

I have my parents, children and their families. Later in the evening we will have friends drop by for desserts but 18 for dinner.

We start with appetizers around 2, dinner at 6, and then the party usually continues till about 10.

I am thankful they will all be here this year and that we can afford to have a wonderful meal. Thanksgiving is "my" holiday when all the kids try to come if they aren't working and I tend to overcook making everyone's favorites. I love it!!!

My dessert table is a spread all by itself. Love a food holiday!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hrhpd

Hrhpd DIS Veteran

Your food prices are much lower in your part of the woods.
    I spent more than $12 for just the apples for a pie.

4. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

Yep, and technically I am not purchasing because I am pregnant but to get good alcohol you do have to spend money! We'll probably have to do another small grocery run this upcoming weekend too, to cover odds and ends...

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

$238 at ShopRite yesterday for Thanksgiving Dinner excluding the Turkey, Ham and Brisket that I purchased before. Also did not purchase the soda, beer or wine yet. So, well over $300.

We have close to 40 people for T day.

MJ

6. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

16 people - approximately $300. I do buy extra as I like to send some home with my adult sons and we definitely like a few days of leftovers!

7. disney212

disney212 DIS Veteran

I normally have about 30 folks. Everyone brings their own beverages and I supply all food. It runs abut $450. I do a signature drink but it is too girly for the guys most years.

8. Southernmiss

Southernmiss <font color=green>I am hazed everyday<br><font col

21 people

$60 at Walmart for paper products and disposable pans, etc.

$270 at Walmart for grocery items--a small ham and a 15 pound turkey (mom is bringing another turkey. I want leftovers!) DHs mother will be in town for a few days as well.

I still have to go buy "fresh" vegetables and other items tomorrow--probably another $100 there.

I did do some add matching, but no store in my area doubles coupons and Walmart has the lowest price usually.

9. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Holy crow, that's high too. To be honest, all I have to look at is this weeks flyer, so they are on special, so not sure what the regular price is. $1 a pound for potatoes!?!?!

10. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

157. and there are only three of us. Bought turkey breast but will have great sandwich's for a few days. :stir:

11. AKL_Megs

AKL_Megs <font color=blue>I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!<br><font

I'm doing everything but the turkey. I spent about $100. We will be feeding six.

12. megsoro

megsoro Mouseketeer

We've been dating six months, and really it doesn't bother me. I've only met his parents and sister, no one else in the family, and from what his sister said, the no SO policy has been around for years- not to be mean, but because once all the kids were older, the SOs could easily add ten-twenty extra people. (He has a lot of cousins) EVERYONE in his family gathers at his aunts, she already feeds 30+, and people bring dishes, but it's her house, her rules. :confused3

13. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

I've probably got about $75 in it. It's just going to be our 5,plus a couple of steadies and my mom. Total:8. I've got a 13# turkey, fresh collards, fresh pumpkins for pie, fresh stuffing stuff and ingredients for Bourbon Pecan pie. Heck, the pecans alone were $12!

14. DaisyD

DaisyD <font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the

Wow, just wow. I can understand it adding a lot of people but then they bring dishes too. There is no way I would get serious with someone that wouldn't be bringing me to the family Thanksgiving dinner. Thats just crazy. LOL Yes, her house her rules but he doesn't have to go there. :)