If You Are Going To Wlv Bring A Jacket

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by profdsny, Aug 2, 2006.

1. profdsny

profdsny DIS Veteran

Walking in from the hot weather last week into the hallways of the Wilderness Lodge Villas almost seemed like punishment. I kept expecting to see sides of meat hanging from the walls. I don't see any reason to keep it that cold. I was surprised that the housekeepers weren't wearing fur coats and hats when they were in the hallways. It was nice to get into our room where it was a balmy 72 degrees. What's the reason for this?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Hugpug

Hugpug NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

That was just like when I walked into Target last week-end. ANd when you go back outside its like a blast furnas. During the summer I always carry a sweater with me for when I go in and out of stores and eating places.

Did you complain to management. If it was that cold I would have said something.

4. BlindTyldak

BlindTyldak WoW-geek

I'm surprised; most entertainment places have a rule that when it is that hot out the AC temp in areas upon entering a building can't be set any lower than 78 degrees, because some people can't handle the temperature change that well. I would have talked to a manager and made sure housekeeping hadn't messed with the temp control.

5. Bibbidi

Bibbidi DIS Veteran

Both times we've stayed at WL we've noticed that too, subzero air conditioning. It's downright frigid coming in from the pool! I too carry a thin extra layer in the summer due to air conditioning like that--definitely needed at the WL IMO. Just a thought, since heat rises and the lobby is so cavernous, I wonder if that jack up the ac in order to keep that space cool--you would think there would be lots of different zones for the ac though so one area wouldn't have to be as cold as another.

6. Wafflestoo

Wafflestoo should be cleaning

Hi there,

The worst is when you come in from swimming at the pool. Our room in the WL was 4th floor- all the way down a long hall. It was a trek from the pool to our room and we all FROZE. I like to stay cool in the summer, but this was unbelievable.

Meg

7. rhiannonwales

rhiannonwales I sometimes stare so much that I see perversion in

I must be in the minority here, but it sounds heavenly to me! Then again i keep my home a/c set to 59, LMAO
    Sherrie